Kuai and Zuko 2 [ON HIATUS]

By irishloveoftx

[ON HIATUS] After finding his mother in the Fire Nation town of Hira'a, Zuko runs into an old love, Kuai. How... More

Prologue: It's Been Two Years
Chapter 1: Aren't Big Fans
Chapter 2: Because I'm the Firelord
Chapter 3: But Never Fear
Chapter 4: AGH! Why did I look?!
Chapter 5: It's just...
Chapter 7: W-wait...What?
Chapter 8: Since When Do You Wear My Mask?
Chapter 9: Oogies Saved Me
Chapter 10: Do Not Speak To Me Of Respect
Chapter 11: I-I Did It-t
Chapter 12: I've Been Summoned
Chapter 13: Should I Be Honored?
Chapter 14: It's Not Your Fault
Chapter 15: Oh My Gosh, Yay Yay Yay!
Chapter 16: We Need To Leave Now
Chapter 17: Pointy-Hat Guy Told Me To Get You
Chapter 18: Their 10 Year Wedding Anniversary
Chapter 19: She Seemed Happier to Tell You
Chapter 20: I'll See What I Can Do
Chapter 21: Where's My Daughter?
Chapter 22: It Was Just a Nightmare

Chapter 6: If You Stopped Interrupting

95 7 7
By irishloveoftx

Zuko hugged her back, smiling. The rest of the gaang randomly emerged into the part of the forest Kuai and Zuko were in. 

Aang: Um...hi guys.

Zuko: Hey.

Sokka: You guys are SOOOOOOOOOOO cute!

Kuai: Oh...um....

Zuko and Kuai stopped hugging.

Katara: So...we were planning on bringing Kuai to the city for her to get the job she wanted.

Zuko: So soon?

Toph: If she gets the job, she gets a one week warning to pack her stuff and move to Yu Dao.  So don't worry, we didn't mean she'd start tomorrow, Sparky.

Kuai: Where would we be staying for the next couple of days?

Aang: I thought we'd leave you and Toph here while we bring Zuko back to the palace tomorrow.

Zuko: I'm actually staying for three more days.

Katara: Then why don't you stay until the Thursday after that? Are you trying to avoid the ceremony?

Zuko: No, it's not like that I-

Sokka: So why did you want to only stay until Monday?

Toph: Guys, I think you should listen to Zu-

Aang: Don't you know how important this is to the citizens of Yu Dao?

Kuai: SHUT. UP. PEOPLE.

Sokka: Woah....she's maaaaaaadd.

Zuko: I'm staying because Tuesday is Kuai's birthday-

Katara: So why not stay until then?

Toph: Zuko would tell you if you stopped interrupting Madame Fussy Britches.

Zuko: My uncle probably wants me back at the palace on Tuesday...

Kuai: Because we share a birthday!

Sokka: Cute cute cute!

Aang: When did you get all sappy Sokka?

Katara: I think he's just in a mood today.

Toph: Yeah, why didn't you complain about "oogies" when they were hugging earlier?

Sokka shrugged.

Aang: So, how old will you two be?

Zuko: Twenty.

Toph: Wow.

Sokka: So long as we're talking about birthdays, mine is-

Toph: You told me this morning, Sokka. It's in 86 days.

Katara: You start a countdown this early?

Toph: He started the countdown at 200 days.

Sokka: Sorry, birthdays are important.

Toph punched Sokka at the same time as Katara threw a snowball at his face. Aang and Kuai laughed at the fact. As Sokka was cleaning off his face, Zuko held Kuai's hand and Kuai leaned her head on his shoulder.

Katara: As adorable as you guys are *rolls eyes* we need to send in your job application, Kuai.

Kuai: Fine, but Zuko's coming with.

Aang: Let's go.

The gaang headed into town, to a large building with a sign saying "Reconstruction HQ." They went in there, Kuai filled out a form stating her skills, nationality, and residence. She did not include her ability to bloodbend, though.

After that, they waited for about an hour before the secretary informed them that she'd been hired, and she would start next Friday.

They left the building and headed back to the forest near Toph's Metalbending academy.

Toph: Aang, Sokka, Katara, Zuko; you guys are welcome to stay in the academy. Kuai, I would invite you, but my students would see you as a threat, so I think it's better if you camp out nearby.

Kuai: Okay, I'm used to it anyways.

Zuko: I'll stay out here with her, then.

Katara: Why?

Zuko: I already went two years without her. I'm going to spend as much time with her as I can before I leave.

Toph: Fine. Aang, Sokka, Katara- let's get inside.

Sokka: Good, it's almost dark out.

Everyone except Kuai and Zuko went inside the building. Zuko set up camp about 100 feet away. Kuai got a bucket of water and came back. They both sat in front of the fire Zuko had made; Zuko's legs out in front of him and his arms behind him supporting his back; Kuai's legs bent towards Zuko with one arm on her lap and the other supporting her.

Zuko sat silently, seeming sad. Kuai turned his face towards her and smiled, which Zuko smiled, too. Zuko kissed Kuai for what seemed like an hour until a platypus bear emerged from the trees. They pulled apart and readied themselves for an attack.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Okay guys, I know this story isn't even close to how popular it's prequel is. But I'm still going to write every chapter like 20 million people were waiting on it.

I am going to start EXCEPTING FAN ART for KZ and KZ2. If you want to know what Kuai looks like, here is a brief description:

Name: Kuai

Age: 17 (KZ) or 19-43 (KZ2)

Height: 4' 9.5" (if Zuko is 5' 8")

Hair:

Length: To mid-chest (KZ) or To hips (KZ2)

Color: Dark brown

Type: Wavy, thick

Ethnicity: Northern Water Tribe

Eyes: Crystal Blue/Gray-Blue

Traits:

1. Interesting scar pattern

2. Skin is more pale than other people of her ethnicity

3. Descending from royal blood

4. Surprisingly short compared to people of her ethnicity

Skills:

1. Waterbending

2. Acting/Lying/Stealth

3. Bloodbending

4. Gymnastics/Agility

Interests:

Love: Prince Zuko (KZ) or Firelord Zuko (KZ2)

Hobbies: Doing hair; Waterbending; Cooking

Habits:

1. Scratching her scars

2. Biting Lip (when nervous)

3. Plays with thumbs

If you didn't notice, I spent a lot of time on that... lol.

PLEEEEEEAAASE SEND ME FAN ART FOR MY BOOKS!!! I'm like desperate out of my mind for this.

Message me on wattpad telling me you have fan art you want to share, and I'll tell you how to send it to me. Thank you so much!

I won't be able to write until Sunday because I will be at a summer camp until this Saturday! I'm getting out of the heat of Texas and going to Glorieta, New Mexico!

Stay tuned for some more Zuai action!!!

<33333IrishLove

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 571 24
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...
757K 19.3K 54
❝ oh 𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮.... You make such fools of us all ❞ .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. .✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*. (Y/N) grew up as an aristocratic noble who...
5.5K 191 29
"You love him, don't you? I see the way you look at him. It's like he's your whole world. I can't possibly blame you for falling in love with someone...
1.8M 76.9K 60
Y/N was getting sick of the South Pole. Her cocky twin brother Sokka, her insufferable little sister Katara, the endless snow, ice, water, and chores...