Captain Aceti / air (BEING...

By ck-binge

My vision quickly grew blurry and darkness began consuming me rapidly. "Bring them back to the base, strip th... More

pilot (1)
pilot (2)
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
jerome
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
*book anouncement IMPORTANT*
Character introductions
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
REALLY IMPORTANT
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
A/N
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
not important but kind of !!
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue
hi again?

Chapter 5

1K 57 3
By ck-binge

Mitch's POV

I followed Jerome towards the weaponry table, which was covered with high tech bows, fancy arrows, sharp daggers, glowing swords and more.

The weapons here were way better than the ones I'd ever used.

"Choose a weapon, preferably one you've used before." Aceti said blankly.

He wants me to choose a weapon?

Is he aware I want to hurt him and that he's giving me the chance to?

I glanced at him quickly and noticing he was watching me.

"By the way, if you were wondering, I'm not stupid and I know you might try to attack me but by the looks of you, I doubt that'll happen, and even if it's does you'll regret it."

I rolled my eyes in response and looked back at the table.

I quickly picked up a very professional wooden bow and a bundle of arrows.

"Really? Your weapon of choice is a bow?" Aceti questioned.

"Is that a problem 'captain?'" I responded sarcastically.
Aceti ignored my attitude. (Or so I'm guessing cause he didn't kill me.)

"It's no problem but most people choose something else, or switch because our equipment is to heavy or complicated. I guess we'll see if you can handle it." Aceti sighed, probably confident that I'll switch.

"I guess we will." I replied with a touch of confidence.

                       * * *

I followed him towards the targets. He stopped in front of the first one.
"Okay, let's see what you got newbie. Your aiming for that target." He said as he pointed at the target.
I slung the bundle of arrows over my shoulder. I grabbed one arrow and loaded into the bow. I aimed for the centre of the target. I could feel Jerome's eyes on me. I took a deep breathe and fired.
The arrow hit the centre of the target perfectly.

Bullseye.

"Hm, I'm impressed newbie. Not many people can do that first try. I assume you practised in your village?" He asked calmly.

"No, I learned when I was little but I stopped whe-" I choked on the last part.

I still remember the day that he died. He was the one that taught me to use a bow. I still remember the look on my mom's face when we received the letter.

Mom. Shit, she must so worried right now. She has no idea these assholes kidnapped us.

"Mitch?" Jerome said almost concerned.

"It's nothing. Forget it."

Jerome gave me a questioning look. I looked away and kept my expression blank.

* * *

We continued target practise for awhile. After about an hour Jerome stopped me.

"Okay, we're done here for today. I must say you surprised me, we've never had a newbie that skilled before. You hit every target straight on." Jerome said. I didn't reply. The whole time I said nothing. I was still thinking about him.

"What now?" I asked bored.

"Now we do some test. Follow me." Jerome said. I followed him to a small area. There were tables with papers and pencils. Some tables were filled with pictures.

What the hell is this? Some kind of quiz?

"Sit." Jerome ordered. I sat down at the table Jerome was at. He had a pen and papers. I saw him write my name at the top.

"Okay Mitch I'm going to ask you some questions. Answer honestly and we'll be done soon." Jerome said blankly.

I nodded my head.

"What's your full name?"

"Mitchell Donnell Ralph Hughes."

"Age?"

"17."

"Who do you live with?"

"My mom, brother and sister."

"What about you dad?" Jerome asked blankly and my chest tightened.

"He w-was. . . . um, killed."

"Killed? Why?" Jerome asked now interested.

"It's personal." I mumbled.

"Mitch, I asked you a question, now answer." He said annoyed.

I could feel my face heat up. My hands turned into fist.

"This is stupid Jerome! I want to leave!" I yelled angrily.

Jerome grabbed the hem of my shirt and pulled my face to his. His face was so close I could fell his breathe go down my shirt.

"Never. Yell at me. And you call me Captain Aceti. Got it?!" He yelled.

I stared at him for a second before responding.

"Yes captain," I mumbled.

"Good. Now, answer the question. Why was he killed?" He asked again.

"I don't know." I said quietly.

"You don't know?" He asked confused.

"I got home one day and their was a letter saying he was killed. I never knew why." I said. I could feel my eyes tearing up.

"What was his name?"

"Alec."

"Wait, your dad was Alec Hughes?" Jerome asked surprised. I looked at him shocked.

Did he know my dad?

"How do you kno-" I started but Jerome interrupted.
"Never mind. That's it for today. Let's go." Jerome said as he stood up.

* * *

Jerome walked me to a medium sized building. It was a grey rectangular building with some windows.
"This is where you'll be staying for now. All of your friends will be living with you too. Stay here till diner." Jerome said. He opened the door for me and pushed me inside.
This room was way different from the other room. The walls were beige, the floor was covered in wood, the room was lighted by multiple lanterns. Right now I was in the lounge area so their was a radio, darts, cards, a couch and a table. Across from me was the kitchen.

(The lounge area and kitchen are in the same room)

Their was a stove, microwave, counters, cabinets and a fridge.

I noticed a wooden door beside the fridge and walked over to it. I opened the door and inside was a bedroom with multiple bunk beds. There were 3 bunk beds, a wardrobe, a couch and a closet. Their was also a clock. It was 4:50 right now.

The bedroom was lighted by a large window above the couch and some lanterns.
Black curtains hung beside the window. I could see the forest from the window, I could also see the fence.

Another door led to the washroom. The washroom was almost the exact same as the other washroom except the was were beige.

I walked back to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Inside was multiple kinds of fruits, vegetables and sandwiches. As for drinks there was juice, beer, water and milk. I grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge and sat down in the lounge area.

* * *

About 30 minutes later Preston and Rob walked in.

"Rob!" I yelled. I'd been waiting in the lounge area the whole time.

"Mitch! Good to see you. How'd training today go? " Rob said as he sat down on the couch next to me. Preston walked towards the bedroom.

"It was fine. I think I did okay. What about you?" I asked. I decided to leave out the part about me yelling at the captain.

"Besides the fact that we're being forced to train to do who-knows-what I actually enjoyed today. Ty's a nice guy. I feel kinda bad for you to be honest, you're stuck with Jerome." Rob chuckled.

"Ya, sucks for me." I laughed.

"I should probably go see Preston, he wasn't feeling well earlier. See you later." Rob said as he walked towards the bedroom.

I sat alone in the lounge for a while till Vikk and Lachlan ran in.

"Guys! A little help please!" Lachlan called.

Lachlan had his arm around Vikk supporting him and from the looks of it, Vikk needed the support. He had a black eye, his arm was bleeding a little and he was unconscious. 

"What the hell happened!" I yelled as I ran up to Vikk. I helped Lachlan lay him on the couch.
Preston and Rob ran out of the bedroom.

"Holy shit Lachlan! What happened to Vikk?!" Rob yelled.

"His stupid-ass trainer, that's what happened!" Lachlan yelled.

"Isn't his trainer Tyler?" Preston asked.

"Yes! Vikk said something to Tyler and the dumbass beat him up." Lachlan said angrily.
Lachlan stood up and walked to washroom. He then came out holding a first aid kit.

"Someone get him some water please." Lachlan said calmly. I got up and grabbed a water from the fridge. I passed the water to Lachlan. Poor Vikk. I couldn't stand to see him like this. I walked into the bedroom and sat down on a bed and started out the window.

Tyler looked so friendly. I wonder what  Jerome would do to me if I make him upset?. . . .
I don't really want to find out.

________________________
End of part 5

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 349 19
Book two of the Problematic Series. A Vikkan Fanfiction First Book: Problematic Third Book: Phlegmatic ---------------------------------- Undergoing...
7.4K 635 40
Preston gets taken in by the a dysfunctional family of seven which is lead by the two oldest brothers in the absence of their parents. Preston's plan...
48.4K 2.2K 28
Two teams. Sworn enemies, bound to forever fight. Red and Blue. When Vikk and Lachlan meet, they spare each other's lives, and spark something new. ...
459K 22.5K 104
It was supposed to be an easy job. Get the phone and run like hell. Make a few hundred bucks for food, a nice hot shower, and a warm bed to sleep in...