Im Not Like The Rest, Harry S...

By whoooopdeedoo

After Skylar Cowell's mother died, her father turned into the opposite of who he used to be. After some horri... More

Im Not Like The Rest, Harry Styles-1
Meeting Someone New-2
A Day With The Boys -3
Bonding Time- 4
One Month Later - 5
I Think I Want To Be More Than Friends With Him- 6
A Day At The Beach-7
Update In My Relationship Status-8
Talk Time -9
Theres Always Two Sides To A Person-10
Too forgiving-11
I Can't Believe I Like Harry-12
The Past Is The Past So Enjoy Right Now-13
Plan Gone Wrong-14
Look For Signs-15
Time To Go To Hawaii-16
idk a name for this chapter-17
A Little Flirt, A Little Tease-18
Do Something With Your Feelings Alright?-19
Finally-20
Feelings and Kissing-21
What Do You Want For Your Birthday?-22
Happy Birthday, Love-23
Discussing Things And A New Challeng-24
Make Him Want You-25
Bye Bye Hawaii Hello Public-26
We Can Make It work-27
Back To School-28
I Don't Want To Keep Too Much From Him-29
Two Weeks Without Harry?!-30
Talking About Eddy-31
Welcome Back Harry-32
Talking and Forgiving-33
Not Fully Forgiven-34
Friends Again But Come On Tour With Us-35
Date Before The Tour-36
STOP EDDY YOU'RE RUINING EVERYTHING-37
Can't Stay Mad-38
Phone Calls-39
Closer To Seeing Harry-40
New Years-41
After Party-42
Losing the best thing-43
Talking about thingss-44
He Needs To Earn Her Trust-45
An Explanation-46
Skylars Dad's House-47
Perfect morning??-48
Car Rides and a Fancy Hotel Room-50
Next Day, Cheeky Talks-51
Elevator Arguments but True Love-52
Back To The Boys-53
Beaches, showers and Harry Styles-54
Police Officers and Bad Day-55
Walks and Talks-56
Pranking The Pranksters-57
Date-58
Last day-59
Back Home-60
He's Not Talking To Me-61
I Still Love You- 62

Eventful Day-49

56K 1K 230
By whoooopdeedoo

Harry’s POV

I sat there looking at her intently. She looked so nervous to tell me the truth. I want to know everything that she’s never told me. In order for us to work, we both need to trust each other. I already trust her, I always have, and to know she’s willing to tell me is giving me the hopes that she’s on the road to trusting me again. Also, the fact that she’s attempting to tell me everything is enough to convince me that she wants us to be together. She still wants us to be together and that helps me not want to give up on each other. By the way her expression is it looks as though she’s nervous to tell me. I’m just hoping that whatever she tells me will be something I’ll be able to handle.

“My dad and I both took her death hard. Neither of us saw it coming.”

I nodded grabbing a hold of her hand for support. I felt relieved when she allowed herself to keep her hands in mine.

“M-My dad took it a lot harder than I did.” She pursed her lips to the side. “I hardly saw him for days. I just thought he wanted time for him to mourn over her death.”

She bit her lip and looked down at our hands. I could tell she was trying not to cry. I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, hoping to give her the confidence to continue.

“I didn’t think much about what he was doing at first because, well, I was mourning over her death too. I cried for days on end, and I understood how my dad must’ve felt. I was just as hurt as he was. She didn’t just leave his life, she left mine too.”

A frown placed on her delicate lips. I couldn’t help but frown myself looking at her depressed expression.

“Keep going, Love. You’re doing great.” I reassured tugging her hand a bit to grab her attention.

She nodded and continued. “Usually when I would see him, it would be in the morning. He’d be passed out on the couch. I never got to speak to him. But then one time he came around 11:30 at night...”

My heart began to race a little, I was nervous to figure out truly what bothers her about her dad. I have some ideas in my head, but I’m just hoping that it’s not true. I’m hoping the things that have found a place in my mind are just thoughts and nothing more.

“H-He turned to drinking... Usually I was asleep around the time he’d be home; I guess that’s why I never saw him till morning. But one night I couldn’t sleep. I was fresh out of tears and I was left with nothing but images of my mum in my head.”

“Tell me what happened, Sky.” I rubbed her hand gently and held it tight once again.

“I was watching TV; I just wanted to get my mind off everything. I was finally getting my mind off everything. I wasn’t thinking about my mom, I wasn’t thinking about my dad, I wasn’t even thinking about myself. All I was doing was wondering what was going to happen to the main character on the TV show. But then, I heard the door open and glass crash on the ground. At first I thought someone broke into the house. I had the phone in my hand ready to call the police, but once I saw it was my dad I put the phone down.”

“Keep going, babe, tell me what happened next.”

I looked her in her eyes and my heart sank. Her brown eyes were glossy, the frown was still on her lips and all I wanted was to see her smile. I knew by the look she gave me, she wasn’t ready to tell me. But I will push her until she tells me. She can’t keep this bottled up for much longer. She needs to tell me because I know I’ll be able to help her.

“He was drunk...a-and he looked so angry. I didn’t expect anything to happen. I-I wanted to help him. I got up to get him water to drain some alcohol from his body, but when I got up he hit me.”

A single tear slipped from her eye, her bottom lip trembled a bit as well.

I didn’t know what to say. He hit her. My anger has grown immense towards her father. But the first thing I thought of was how Eddy had hit her.

After everything she’s been through, she moved to London to get away from it all. She moved there to start her life over, only to meet Eddy who did nothing good to her. He hit her. I felt tense all over, all I know is the next time I see him, no matter if Skylar has forgiven him, I will hurt him.

I looked off to the side; I don’t want her to see me this angry. I don’t want her to stop explaining just yet. I’m worried that if she see’s that my anger is growing by the second she’ll stop.

“Ever since then, he would hit me a lot. He’d beat me till I couldn’t move and I just got used to it. He blamed me for her death a lot. He would say things like: I didn’t appreciate her, I used her, I never loved her, etc. But none of it was true. I loved her so much, I still do... I-I miss her Harry. I-...I really do.”

“Come here,” I whispered. I let go of her hand and grabbed her waist. I pulled her onto my lap and held her in my arms. Her head rested in the crook of my neck and her arms relaxed around me. She wasn’t crying, but I knew she wanted to.

Now everything makes sense to me. When I first saw her she looked hurt. I knew she was hiding something about her from the start, and I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to find out. Who could hurt such an amazing person like her?

It amazes me just how loving and kind she is. After having such a bad past, I can’t believe she can be so forgiving. I feel even worse for cheating on her.

She doesn’t deserve anything she’s gone through. She doesn’t deserve me. She deserves better than me. She deserves a man that can protect her, love her and never hurt her. But I think I can be that man for her. I can be the man she deserves.

“I’m so sorry, Skylar. You deserved none of that.”

We stayed like this for a while. We didn’t talk, I just caressed her back slowly as let her relax in my arms. She didn’t cry either. I guess she’s been trying to toughen up lately. The past week has been hell for her. I know I caused a lot of her recent stress, but now all I want to do is help her.

At the same time, I’m trying to keep calm. I wish she’d told me this sooner. Maybe, just maybe, I could have prevented her getting hit by Eddy. Maybe if I had known sooner, I’d be able to understand her better.

I just want everything to go back to normal. I wish I could take back cheating on her. I wish I could take back all the stupid fights we had when she was back at school and I was touring. Maybe if I wasn’t such an idiot I’d be able to truly call her mine.

Just thinking about everything has only made me angry. Not at her, but at myself. I feel like I have been anything but a good boyfriend to her. Now that we’re working on things, the least I can do is try to make her happy again; even if it’s just for a little while.

“Sky,” I spoke, grabbing her attention.

She stopped leaning on me and looked up at me and nodded.

“Let’s go do something fun.” I suggested, smiling at her.

“Like what?”

I mean, we are in California. The weather is nice, but I don’t think suggesting to go swimming at the beach would be a good idea. But I had another thought, no matter what age; it’ll be fun for anyone. Especially if you’re trying to make someone smile, this one place can do the trick.

“Come one, get up. We’re going to Disney.”

~

The entire day at Disney was amazing. It wasn’t Skylar’s first time there but because she hadn’t gone there in a while, so it was as though it was her first time. It was also my first time there. I had a blast, to be honest.

We got along fine. It almost felt like we were dating again. We were completely comfortable around each other and I definitely got her mind off things. She was smiling the entire time. At one point, she even held my hand.

Okay...maybe it wasn’t because she wanted to, but they had a haunted maze and we went through it. She got scared and wouldn’t move so I took her hand and pulled her through the entire thing. But hey, pretty close to a lovingly way of holding hands.

Anyways, we got interrupted by a few fans every once in a while, but neither of us minded. Some of them even asked to take a picture with her. She was surprised a first, but then she forgot that no one else besides a few people know that we broke up. But it was good to know that to other people, it didn’t look like we were broken up.

I rented a car for the next two days, that’s what we used to get to Disney and back.

We went on a lot of rides, and it was fun. She took pictures with a few Disney characters like Minnie mouse and Ariel, it was fun and she looked cute.

Now we’re a few minutes away from her dad’s house. We ended up staying there for the entire day. It’s almost 10:45.

Skylar was nearly passing out in the passenger seat, but I tried to keep her up until we got to the house. The radio was on low, playing I’m Not the One by 3OH! 3, it’s an older song, but I like it and I was surprised they were even playing it on the radio.

Eventually we pulled up to the house. Sky ended up falling asleep even though I tried to keep her up. I rubbed my hand on her thigh, shaking her lightly. Her eyes fluttered open.

“We’re here,”

Her lips made an “O” shape, and then she smiled and nodded. “Sorry for falling asleep, I guess I couldn’t fall asleep.”

“Its fine, you were tired.”

We slipped out of the car, and just when we were about to get to the front door, I realized I left my phone and my wallet in the car.

“I’ll meet you inside, alright? I left my things in the car.”

She nodded before pulling out the spare key that she borrowed from her dad from her pocket.

I walked towards the car, unlocking it before looking for my things. I found my phone immediately. It was charging in the cars outlet, but I couldn’t find my wallet.

I know I had it with me because I remember tossing it in the back seat because the cup holders were filled with our drinks and I couldn’t place it there. I also can’t drive with it in my back pocket because it’s too uncomfortable.

I checked the back seats, and finally found it. It was stuck at the back under the chair where the metal bars were at.

As I was retrieving my wallet, I heard a scream and I knew the sound of that voice from anywhere.

Skylar

I don’t think I’ve ever ran so fast in my life, within 5 seconds I was at the front of the door and just as I was opening it, Skylar flew out the door and bumped into me.

She looked so frightened and she clung onto me with her dear life.

“Harry, get me out of here, please.” She begged looking right into my eyes.

My heart picked up a few paces and my protective side got out of me, because instead of taking her to the car and going somewhere else, I stormed into the house to see what scared her so badly.

The first thing I saw was beer bottles on the living room table. Then I saw her dad standing there with a confused expression.

He was walking towards me, and he was about to speak. But with the strong smell of alcohol, I assumed he was most likely drunk.

That’s what scared her so much. She could have relived her past again. He could hit her.

I didn’t even see my hand moving until my first made an impact on his face. I punched him hard, he tumbled back but didn’t fall and I heard the sound of Skylar.

I was about to punch him again, but Skylar grabbed a hold of my arm and pulled me back.

“Stop, Harry. I just want to leave.” Her eyes were red, she was definitely crying.

Seeing her cry only made me even madder. The only reason Skylar came here was because she thought that her dad changed. And supposedly, he had. To know that he hasn’t is the worst. The fact that he’s hit her once before and each time he has, he was drunk, he’s an idiot to think he could attempt to do it again.

My blood was boiling, and I was about to will my arm from her grip, but I realized that if I didn’t stop, I could lose Sky. That was the last thing I wanted. Her hand slipped from my arm and towards my hands.

Our fingers were locked together, and for some reason it calmed me. I looked over at her and I immediately turned all my attention to her.

 She looked scared.

“Please, can we go?”

I nodded, and she began to pull me out the door. I took a last look at her dad, pissed off at him for everything he’s done.

I wasn’t going to do a thing to him. I thought he changed, just like she did. But to know that he got drunk again was the last straw.

I gave him a disgusted look before slamming the door behind me. I looked back at Sky, who was holding onto my hand tightly. Her head was leaning on my arm and right now, all I wanted to do was comfort her.

Wow it feels good to update on time (: Tell me what you thought of this chapter, ILIKED IT. I thinkk I wrote it well. Idk, that's just my opinion, but tell me yours I want to know!

Deds to strawberrzzz32 ! Thanks for the nice comment. 

If I get 125 votes and 60 comments I'LL UPDATE EARLY. As in the next 3 or less days

And i PROMISE YOU. next chapter will be amazing. You definitly wont see it coming but YOU'LL LOVE IT. trust me. I dont want to drop any hints because I'm scared it'll give it away! Thanks for everything guys! Comment and vote ! Hopefully I'll update soon if I get the above!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.2K 714 28
Cecilia Walker (cece) was abused by her father half her life. When her father dies she ends up having to go to an orphanage. But what happens when on...
659K 8.9K 30
Hi I'm Carly Elizabeth Horan. My Dad is the famous Niall Horan. My mom left when I was little and I haven't seen her since. But that's ok because I h...
297K 6.8K 37
(Chapters get better and longer) What happens when a girl is switched at birth with a girl who's parents live in America? Well, 16 years later Jamie...
273K 4.6K 54
When Simon Cowell realizes that Harry Styles is only seen by the world as a playboy, he makes an arrangement with the managers of Ryder Tyler, a risi...