The New Guy, My Hero?

By ctpnguyen12

Catherine Nguyen was always bullied by her school, especially by the football star Drake Briem. She had a fam... More

The New Guy, My Hero?
Unusual Encounters
The Protector
The Turn
Memories
Kindness
The Doctor Visit
Phone Calls
My Guardian Angel
In the Other World...
Going Back
Trolls
Meetings
Michael's Past Revealed

The Olden Days

46 3 1
By ctpnguyen12

Recap:

I nod and start digging in the bowl of deliciousness. I remember something from class suddenly.

"Kade?"

"What's up?"

"Earlier you said we were going to have a new student...what's his name?"

"I think it was...Matthew..? No...Morgan..? No...Oh! Michael! His name is Michael Green! Why do you ask?"

My jaw drops. He's going to be in my class.

*Drake's POV*

Lunch time comes around, and it's time to see Neil. I see him sitting at our usual lunch table, along with the rest of the guys. I walk up to him and let him know we were going to sit alone.

"Hey Neil! Coach wants us to see him, we gotta go."

"Does he want us too?" one of our friends asked.

"Nope, just us."

We say bye and go to the direction of our locker room.

"Alright Drake, I know you don't like Catherine and stuff, but really you need to-+

"Neil, stop. I'm going to tell you something that you have to promise not to tell. No one."

He looks at me at first, hesitant to say anything.

"Uh...What is this about?"

"Catherine. Can you promise?"

"Do you like her?"

I was shocked at that question. Who does he think I am!

"What! No! That's not it!"

"Then...what is it?"

I was unsure about telling him, but I didn't know who else to turn to.

"She....She's like me. We share something..."

"Drake, what the fuck are you talking about?"

"We both....I was abused as a kid."

Neil looked at me shocked. It was a secret I never told anyone. Since it happened in my old town, no one here knew about it. Telling him was a big step. I vowed to myself that if I ever saw someone else getting abused, I'd do something about it. Now, I have to. Even if it is Catherine. I've never would have treated her the way I have it I'd known. Granted, no one should do it, but that's what you have to do to be in the popular crowd. I learned that back in my old town too. I made her my old me, and I regret it.

"Drake...why didn't you ever tell anyone...?"

"I-I couldn't! It was a rough time in my life, something I never wanted to see or feel again. But the thing is...I have..."

"What do you mean?"

"Neil, when I saw Catherine after school a few days ago, I couldn't believe my eyes. She is abused, and not the way you see on TV. All I saw was blood, all over her. And she shrugged it off like it was nothing."

"That explains it..."

"What explains what?"

"Two days ago, when Catherine didn't show up to class, I saw her parents in the office as I was leaving class. They kept asking the front desk where she was. Most parents would have a worried face, but theirs...I knew something wasn't right."

"Is that why you skipped the rest of the day?"

"I went to go find her. I called her right away, and she sounded fine."

"At least we know now... God man, I feel horrible for everything. I should've listened to you when you told me to stop. How could you be so nice, yet stay in the popular crowd?"

"Drake, I'm your best friend. The best friend of the most popular guy makes me automatically popular. Plus, I'm the hottest guy at the school."

"Aren't we both, haha!"

My mood was lightened a bit. He always makes the gloominess in me go away. I'm glad he's my best friend.

"Yea...So what do you want to do about Catherine?" I asked.

"I was actually thinking about that. Remember earlier I met an old friend, the guy I saw at the office?"

"Yea, what about him?"

"They actually knew each other in the past."

"What? How did you know?"

"Don't you think there was a reason I had a soft spot for Catherine?"

". . .you did?"

"Damn Drake, you can be oblivious to things. Yea, I never did anything to her."

"Huh. I never noticed. Now that I think about it, I really am oblivious."

"Yea. So any who, Michael, his name, was best friends with Catherine. I thought they were going to get married. I never met Catherine at the time, but he always spoke to her."

"Where did he go for so long?"

"That's the thing I'm going to find out at 3:00 today. One day he was hanging out with me, then went to see her at their meeting point, next thing I know he disappeared. I never heard from him since."

"That's so weird."

"I know. And it just happen that after that, you moved here, became my best friend, and we met Catherine the next year."

"That's right. I never started being so rude to her until 6th grade, which was when I had my first class with her. Man, I feel horrible right now."

"Don't sweat too much. It already happened, and there's nothing you can do to change the past. Only to look forward to the future and refrain from continuing those mistakes."

"Yes, mother. Damn you sound like a wuss."

"Shut up, I've been told." He rolls his eyes and punches my shoulder, playfully.

"Ouch! You could've broken my arm!" I tease.

"Now let's start heading out, lunch will end soon."

"Fuck, don't remind me. I have government after this."

"Haha, it's ok, you have Veronica to entertain you."

"Dude, she's hot and all, great lay too, but hella annoying."

"I know, she bothers me in physics almost every day."

"She can be really slutty sometimes. Have you fucked her yet?"

"You know I'm not a man whore." He looks at me with the knowing eyes.

"I've gotten better, you have to admit that."

"Maybe, I haven't been paying attention!"

The bell rang to interrupt their conversation.

"Alright, I'll talk to you later, dude."

"Bye Neil, see you later."

We gave each other the bro hug and went our separate ways. Now...government with Veronica. Fuck.

*Neil's POV*

School passed by quickly after the meeting with Drake. I felt so bad for not knowing his past. But since he seemed pretty happy now, I guess that means he's moved on. That's a good sign. It's 2:45 and I get ready to face my childhood friend. I'm happy he's back, but I have so many questions for him. Walking to the park, I notice that no one was there. It's a quiet park for a public place. Then again, with the newer park, who would come here. I look down at my watch. 2:58.

I sat on a bench under a tree to get some shade. It's a nice day today. My mind drifts to Catherine. I wonder how she is doing. She looks better then she has before. I can see more color on her cheeks, and her soft pink lips. Her long black hair looks brushed and soft, and....what the fuck am I doing. Suddenly, I feel a hand on my shoulder and jump in surprise.

"Neil!" a familiar voice calls behind me.

Michael! I turn around and see a face that still looks the same as the 5 year old version of a boy I used to know.

Author's Note: Yea, this was a little short. But hey, I'm uploading multiple times a week. I can only do so much while also having a life! Hope you like it! Vote, Comment, Share! Tell me your thoughts please! Feedback would help me out a lot! :) Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 103K 68
Danielle and Nate haven't gotten along in years, but when Nate discovers Danielle was raped the year before, he's determined to fight for her and for...
149K 2.2K 38
Short small high school romance Riley Smith. A ordinary teenage girl her mother has passed died to cancer. The only thing she has left is her Father...
4K 195 44
Emilia Thomas moved to London to start a new life with her family, and to get away from her troubled past. There she starts her school hoping that he...
322K 6.6K 104
When Catherine Meyers started a new school in New York all she wanted was to be invincible. She was okay with being in the background. Her plans were...