S.I.X

By KateeSmurfette

Lunch went by pretty quickly, and we were back to classes soon enough. I'd forgotten to get a book from my lo... More

Ch 1 - New Beginnings
Ch 2 - Gun Shots
Ch 3 - Ignoring Demands
Ch 4 - Working Out
Ch 5 - Ya Messed Up
Ch 6 - Check Up
Ch 7 - Plan B
Ch 8 - And Fight
Ch 10 - Nightmares
Ch 11 - Comas and Rocks
Ch 12 - Gentleman
Ch 13 - Intimate
Ch 14 - Good To Be Back
Ch 15 - God I Hate You
Ch 16 - Zero
Ch 17 - Sweet Sixteen For Who
Ch 18 - I Am Not Losing Her
Ch 19 - Closure
Ch 20 - Safe House Vacation
Ch 21 - Official
Ch 22 - Nigel
Ch 23 - Worth The Wait
0
Z.E.R.O
ANNOUNCEMENT AND STUFF
ONE MILLION!!!
SWOON READS - THE ROAD TO GETTING PUBLISHED
Z.E.R.O CHAPTERS
TWO MILLION - IMPORTANT!!!
Six and Zero on Inkitt

Ch 9 - Holding Hands

135K 4.5K 2.4K
By KateeSmurfette

Not much had happened after Six stitched my wound, even though One, Five and I were all well aware of the fact that he was still pissed off about how I injured my hand. He was even more frustrated about the fact that he couldn't vent through boxing because of his injury.

Five had gone to my house to get my clothes from Nick, which I was super grateful for. My brother had packed a pair of blue jeans, a tangerine jersey, flat ankle boots, a scarf and matching accessories. I was just grateful for the weather since all my wounds would be covered up.

"I can't believe I have to trust you to drive my car!" Six huffed for the millionth time in the morning.

"So you trusted me to drive it when you were on the verge of death, but you don't trust me now?" I asked.

"People say stupid things when they think they're dying," he scoffed.

"She's actually a great driver," Five came to my defence.

"Thank you!" I smiled.

"The two of you are all chummy, so your opinion doesn't count," Six commented.

"Fine! I'll just leave with Five and One and you'll stay here all by your merry self," I said.

"And miss school? Oh, what a tragedy," he deadpanned.

"That wasn't a great comeback Noelle," One chuckled, walking into the kitchen shirtless with slightly wet hair.

Wow.

"Would it kill you to put on a shirt? We don't need to be seeing all of that," Six complained.

"You mean you don't want Noelle to see all of this," One smirked.

"I mean exactly that," Six surprised us all by admitting.

"Fine," One said before walking away.

"So, are you going to let me drive you?" I asked Six.

"Do I have a choice?" he counter asked.

Five and I scowled. "Yes."

"Fine blossom, you can endanger my life and take me to school," Six sighed.

"Screw you!" I huffed before getting up and leaving the kitchen.

"Wait! Blossom, I'm kidding," he managed to stop me as I reached the door.

"You're being mean," I corrected.

"I didn't mean it," he said.

"So, am I driving you then?" I asked. He took out his keys and handed them to me.

"I trust you," he replied.

I beamed before we headed out. Five and One would be joining us at school. I wasn't really ready to deal with everyone at school, but I was at least sure I could handle it. We got to school relatively earlier, so there were fewer people.

"Slings are so annoying!" Six grumbled, adjusting his.

"You'll live," I giggled as Wes approached us.

"Yo? What the hell guys?" he said.

"What?" I asked.

"You both bailed on us," he said.

"I'm not following," I admitted.

"It was Cash's birthday on Saturday," he reminded. I'd been told about it, but I didn't know the official plans or anything.

"Oh my God! Was he mad at us?" I asked.

"Was? He still is!" Wes informed.

"I was shot on Friday night and if he can't sympathize with that, I can't help him," Six said.

Wes' eyes widened. "What? You were shot?"

"No, I'm just setting a new trend with this sling," Six said impassively, making me laugh a little.

"I'm sorry man. What's your excuse?" Wes turned to me.

"She was with me when I was shot. She took care of me the whole weekend," Six replied on my behalf.

"YOU WERE SHOT?" Sunny shouted behind us.

"Shout a little louder Sunny. I don't think Asia heard you," Six said sarcastically.

"Cash has been so mad at you, and meanwhile you were dealing with so much! Oh my God, are you ok?" she panicked.

"I'm fine Sunny. I'm standing before you aren't I?" Six asked.

"That's nice and all, but I wasn't talking to you. I was asking my best friend," she retorted.

"Oooh," Wes, and Eli, who had just joined us, said.

"I'm ok," I giggled, replying to Sunny.

"You had me so worried," she said, hugging me.

"I promise you, I'm ok," I said, cringing from how tightly she was hugging my bruised body.

"Ease up Sunny," Six knowingly told her.

"Don't tell me what to do Six," Sunny snapped.

"You're hurting her!" he snapped right back.

Sunny pulled back. "What? I'm not hurting you, right?"

"A little. I'm a bit bruised up," I sighed.

"What? Why?" she asked.

"Don't worry about it," Six said dismissively.

"Don't talk to my girlfriend that way Six," Cash said angrily, also joining us. Five and One were a few feet behind him.

"Guys," I said warningly. The last thing we need is a scene.

"Some best friend you are! You didn't even bother to show up, let alone say anything," Cash spat.

Six shrugged. "I was shot."

Cash rolled his eyes. "Right.

"I was there," I pointed out.

"You're the girlfriend, so your 'truth' doesn't count," Cash told me.

When does anything of mine freaking count?

"Watch it Huffington," Six warned, his eyes darkening.

"Guys, cool it. Cash is it? Six isn't lying. He was shot, and he was with Noelle when it happened. I stitched him up myself," One told him.

"Whatever!" Cash said before walking away.

"He's just upset because you're the one person he really wanted by his side besides Sunny," Eli commented.

"He's making it seem like I didn't want to be fucking there in the first place. I'm not about to make excuses. I was shot, and there was no way I was going to go to a party with a sling on my arm. Besides that, blossom needed my protection. She will always come first," Six said before walking away.

"What was that about?" Wes asked me while I probably had tinged cheeks.

"Nothing," I said. Sunny gave me the 'we're talking about this later' look.

"ELLE!" Bridgette shouted before coming to hug me.

"The hell? You guys are friends?" Eli asked.

"I'm so glad you're safe," Bridgette said to me, ignoring Eli.

"I am," I smiled.

"And you brought your army," she commented, looking towards a confused One and Five.

"And I brought my army," I laughed.

"Fantastic! Well, I need to go check on something with the cheerleading coach, so I'll check you later," she said before walking away.

"When did that happen?" Wes asked.

"You guys need to pay more attention really," Sunny replied as my brother pulled in.

"Excuse me guys," I said before walking towards his car.

"Ellie!" he said in relief, engulfing me in a hug.

With him, I didn't even care about my bruises.

"I'm ok Nicky," I sighed, holding him just as tightly.

"I knew you would be, but to actually see you ok is what I needed," he admitted.

"I understand. I missed you," I pouted.

He chuckled. "I missed you too, but at least you're back home today."

"Yep!" I giggled. He kissed my forehead before turning to my friends.

"Where's the boyfriend? Cash was pretty bummed that he didn't make it to his party," he asked.

"Firstly, he's not my boyfriend, and secondly, we never made it because Six was shot on Friday night," I sighed.

"WHAT?" he shouted, making people look our way.

"Keep your voice down. I didn't want you to panic, but Six was shot on Friday night. We were together when it happened, so we spent the weekend away with One and Five. I didn't want to worry you. To answer your question, I don't know where he headed off to, but he and Cash already got into it," I informed.

"God Ellie, you're going to kill a person one of these days. Please tell me that you're not in danger," he pleaded.

"That would be a lie," I confessed.

"We have to tell dad," he immediately said.

"NO! You can't do anything of the sort. Promise me that you wont Nick," I begged.

"He can protect you Ellie. I refuse to lose you when I just got you," he replied.

"Nicky, I need you to trust me when I say that at the moment, only One, Five and especially Six, can protect me right now. I'm better off in their protection until I know what's happening. I don't want to endanger dad like that. Promise me you wont say anything to dad or your mum," I said.

It took him a while. "Alright fine, I promise, but my rules stay the same. You have to check in with me so that I know you're ok at all times, and you can't hide information like people getting shot from me ok?"

"Ok," I nodded. He hugged me once more.

"You're going to be the death of me Ellie," he sighed.

"You still love me," I pouted.

"More than I should," he mock glared at me, making me laugh.

"Let's go in," I said when the first bell went.

We headed in and I quickly went to change my books before heading to homeroom. Six was already in class, looking highly pissed off. Sunny shot me a look that suggested that I should go to him rather than sit by her.

"Hey," I said lowly. He didn't say anything.

"Six, you're both being ridiculous right now," I sighed as I sat down.

He shot me a glare. "You know, it would be nice if you sided with me for once!"

"I am on your side. I just think that you shouldn't be taking it to heart. He's upset, so let him be. You told him the truth and he chose not to believe you. That isn't your problem," I pointed out.

"How do I fix this?" he asked.

"We could go and get him a gift after school?" I suggested.

"Fine," he sighed.

"Good! Now turn that frown upside down," I giggled.

"Now you're just asking for miracles," he deadpanned.

I shrugged. "It was worth a shot."

The rest of the day was quite boring since all people could talk about was Homecoming, my kiss with One, my 'relationship' with Six, Cash's party, Six's absence from it, One's attendance at school and how hot he and Five are.

"God! I didn't think this day would end!" Bridgette said in relief when the last bell went. She'd officially ditched her friends because they were angry about her hanging out with Sunny and I.

"Right? It was the epitome of a depressing Monday," Sunny commented.

"Blossom, I'll be right back. I need to see the coach about my injury," Six informed me.

"What coach?" I asked in confusion.

"You mean you don't know?" Sunny asked wide eyed. Six was just as amazed.

"Know what?" I asked.

"Six is our star quarterback on the football team," Bridgette informed.

WHAT?!?

"I didn't know that. No one told me!" I defended.

"You've been here for a week already Elle. No one should have to tell you. You should've caught on," Bridgette argued.

"Yeah well, I didn't," I huffed.

Six shook his head. "I'll be back."

"I guess I can see how you wouldn't know. Six isn't exactly like the other football players," Sunny commented once he was gone.

"Meaning?" I prompted.

"He doesn't go to practice like everyone else. He makes his own rules basically, but everyone knows that we need him to win, so they let him do whatever he wants, as long as he's there every game," she explained.

"Wow! What about his grades?" I questioned.

Bridgette scowled. "Seriously, how are you not caught up yet?"

"Just tell me," I sighed.

"In our year, we have two Valedictorians and that's your brother and your boyfriend. They both have a perfect 4.0 GPA and it's been that way for two years now," she informed.

I gasped. "You're kidding!"

"Nope! They offered Nick the captaincy spot, but he said that Six deserves it, despite him not being an active member of the team, so he chose to be Six's vice instead. Whenever there's practice and all, Nick is in charge, and then when it's game time, Six takes over," Sunny explained.

That explains why Six actually has my brother's numbers.

"I'm actually stunned right now," I admitted.

"I'm honestly surprised you didn't find out much earlier. I would've thought Nick or even Six would've told you, but they're clearly modest about the whole thing," Bridgette joked, making us laugh as Six returned.

"We can go now," he told me.

"I'll check you ladies later ok?" I told them before hugging them.

"We can conference call tonight if you're up to it?" Bridgette suggested.

"Yes!" Sunny and I said excitedly.

"Girls are strange creatures," Six commented.

"Like boys are any better," Sunny scoffed.

"Bye guys," I giggled as Six and I walked towards his car.

"So, you're the captain of the football team. Why didn't you say anything?" I asked him as I drove us to the mall.

"Being who I am, I honestly assumed you knew," he replied.

"I was shocked to learn that you and Nick even share the Valedictorian spot," I commented.

"Believe it or not, your brother is actually one of my closest friends," he informed.

"Even closer than Cash, Eli and Wes?" I asked.

He nodded. "I would say so."

"That's amazing," I giggled.

"I know, but the other three should never find out. The last thing I need right now is to deal with even more emotional guys," he sighed.

I was surprised to realize that he'd said more words to me this weekend and today than I imagined I'd ever get from him.

"Does the thing with Cash really bother you?" I asked.

"Honestly, no. One Three, Four and Five are my brothers. Two is my sister. Sunny and Nick are my closest friends. Cash, Wesley, Eli and Bridgette are my friends," he categorized.

"Where do I fall in?" I dared to ask.

"I'll tell you one day," he winked.

He actually winked at me!

"That's not fair," I pouted.

He shrugged. "Life's not fair blossom. You just deal with it and move on."

"So mean," I mumbled.

The rest of the car ride to the mall was spent in an unexpectedly comfortable silence. I didn't know that I was going to be dealing with Six The Monster though. He was being a pain once more about which gift to get Cash.

I threw my hands in the air. "This is tedious. You're being a pain."

"It wouldn't be so tedious if this damn mall had what we needed," he replied.

"What is it that we need oh great one?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow. "The right gift. I thought you were on board."

"I was on board two hours ago! Shopping with you is like shopping with a woman who's searching for her dream shoe at a veggie supermarket!" I huffed.

He scowled. "That makes no sense. She wouldn't find her perfect shoe there."

"EXACTLY!" I shouted, bringing some attention to us.

"Alright blossom, calm down. I'll just buy him some basketball tickets online," he said, taking out his phone.

"It took you two hours to reach this decision?" I asked in disbelief.

"Do you want me to buy you a milkshake to make up for it?" he asked.

Man, I really wanted a milkshake now that he'd mentioned it, but I couldn't let him get away with it.

"A milkshake isn't going to make me feel better," I mumbled. He pulled me into him by my waist, using his free arm.

"I'm sorry blossom. How about dinner and a milkshake?" he bargained.

I looked up at him, flustered from how close we were. "Ok."

"Good! Let's head out now so that you don't get home too late," he said.

We left the mall and he directed me to the diner just outside of town. I giggled when he told me not to move and he came around to open the car door for me. It was strange since I was in the driver's seat.

I guess it wouldn't look that strange if we were in Europe.

"You didn't have to do that," I smiled.

He shrugged with one shoulder. "I know."

I thought my knees would give in when he grabbed my hand, interlacing our fingers. I don't know what he had today, but I was liking it. He was being nice, he was opening doors for me, he was holding my hand and he was taking me out for dinner.

"Is this a date?" I blurted out.

"I have way more class than this blossom. If it was a date, you'd know. I'll take you out on a date when my arm is ok, and your hand is healed," he replied, leaning on the car so that I was standing between his legs.

"So, what does this count as?" I asked, my cheeks tinged.

"This is just my opportunity to enjoy your company without wanting to kill you," he said, a hint of humour in his voice.

"That's not nice Six. You make me sound like a pain in the ass," I pouted. He pulled me closer so that we were flush against each other.

"Well, not in the ass, but I can definitely think of three places you bother me," he said lowly.

I bit my lip. "And they are?"

He pulled me even closer, our lips centimetres apart. "Your answer lies in the future."

Before I could even say anything, he was pulling me along into the diner. My heart was attempting its millionth jailbreak, and I couldn't blame it. Even my brain was befuddled. Six is just so intriguingly annoying.

An old man walked up to us. "Six! I didn't think I'd be seeing you here any time soon."

"Hey Tim. Meet Noelle Solano. Blossom, meet Tim, the owner of the diner," Six introduced.

"It's lovely to meet you Sir," I smiled.

"My, she's absolutely stunning Six. Mable, you have to come see this!" Tim shouted.

"Why are you making such a racket old man?" an old woman came out from the kitchen.

"Have a look at what the cat dragged in and who he brought with him," Tim told her.

"Six! How are you son?" she engulfed Six in a hug.

"I'm fine Mable. I'd like you to meet Noelle Solano. Blossom, this is Mable, Tim's wife," Six introduced once more.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mam," I extended the same courtesy to her.

"You are absolutely breathtaking child," Mable said before hugging me.

I blushed. "Thank you."

"We'll have my usual, if you don't mind," Six told them.

"Of course we don't you silly boy," Tim said.

Mable's face turned serious. "What happened to your arm?"

"Not my arm, but I was shot," Six surprised me by admitting.

"I thought we told you to be safe!" Tim scolded.

"I know, but Franco's out to get Noelle. I'm still waiting for confirmation as to why," Six sighed.

"Keep her safe son. If Franco is after her, then it's for a big reason," Tim said, his face grim.

"I know. I promise I will," Six replied strongly.

"Good! It's lovely to meet you child. Hopefully we'll get to see you more often," Mable told me.

"For as long as I'm alive," I smiled.

"Fantastic! Go on then," Tim shooed us away.

We headed over to a booth, but Six wouldn't let us sit opposite each other. He slid in after me, before putting his arm behind my back. He grumbled about the 'stupid sling' once more, making me laugh at how adorable he was being without even realizing it.

"So, how do you know Mable and Tim?" I asked.

"They're my last living relatives," he sighed.

WHAT?!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 280K 54
"I don't know who you think you are coming here, and acting like you don't care about anything. Now listen here Princess, because I'm not going to re...
78.4K 3.1K 26
'You hurt me, And I hurt you. We are forever even.' /// 'So why are you talking to me again?' 'Switch up the scenery,' he replied shortly...
304K 9K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
219 8 8
"What makes you laugh ? Do you think I won't dare to do it ?" I immediately stopped. Was she joking ? It had to be a joke...right ? There's no chanc...