Love Arrows

By Internationald4

When I tell you that Cupid's exist you probably imagine little babies with wings that shoot arrows at people... More

Sand Monsters
Carelly High
Matchmakers explained
Closed Heart
The Love Guru's Theory
Locker stalker
Like Fire and Ice
Aliens in Antartica
Date Haze
Frankenstein's Bride
Chocolate Therapy
Sour Gummy Worms
Victim NΒ°1
First Strike
Banana Sushi
Sleep Deprived Heartbreaker Contemplations
If Today Was Your Last Day
The Plot Thickens
Lena's Voice
Make A Wish
The Ice Breaks
Sleepless Nights
Another Species
Meet Kim
Quadruple Date
Easter Bunny
Failed Revenge
Women or Men?
Drowning in Your Love
Broken Arrow
Love Kills
Giving up
Being Numb or Feeling Pain?
A new level of bipolarity
Saving the Lost
Emotional Overload
You'll be the princess and I'll be the prince
Back Again
A Cupid Ending

Going Crazy

28.7K 415 59
By Internationald4

This chapter is dedicated to Jinxrox

Chapter 19: Going Crazy

Lena’s P.O.V

‘I get why all those girls are all over Willem.’ I thought to myself.

Willem’s nice, funny when I understand him, he shares the same interests as I do, and he is really hot, but (there’s always a but when it comes to me) something is missing.

Maybe the fact that he doesn’t get my jokes bothers me. I understand that he isn’t fluent in English, but still it annoys me that my humour is wasted on him.

We were walking next to each other on the pier, with an ice cream in our hands. Willem was explaining his diving experience at the Maldivian Island, which sounded to me like paradise. It was fun listening to him, because his accent made everything he said sound more exotic, but every few sentences I would need to help him explain himself.

“What other hobbies do you have except for diving?” Willem asked suddenly.

“Not much actually.” I admitted. “I snorkel with my sister some times, and I build the best sandcastles in this city.” I said jokingly.

“Ah, you professional sand castle maker then?” He asked seriously.

I sighed. He didn’t understand that I was joking.  “Yeah, something like that.” I muttered.

“Do you want to go anywhere for dinner tonight?” He asked out of the blue.

I looked at him surprised. Should I? I thought. He was the least bad guy Will has hooked me up with until now. Maybe he’ll get off my back if I say yes, and not make me go on that third date. “I would love to Willem…” I started.

“Call me Will.” He interjected.

“Ehm, I prefer Willem.” I lied. It would be weird to also call him Will. “Anyways as I was saying, I would love to, but I can’t tonight. What about Friday?”

Willem nodded in agreement. “That is good for me to.”

“Great! I should probably go now though.”

“Okay, well see you tomorrow at school!” He said.

“Yeah, tomorrow.” I repeated as I walked away. I know I should be more enthusiastic then I am right now, but it’s just that something didn’t feel right. I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

As I started walking home, I plugged in my earphones in my little mp3 and put the other side in my ears. I looked at them disappointedly. I should really get a new one, but with what money, I don’t know. My mother didn’t give us any pocket money, seeing how all the money she had was wasted on alcohol, and the rent. I was able to always steal a bit of it for the groceries, but when I took too much, my mother noticed.

I had tried to get a job once, but the times they wanted me to work, wasn’t good for me. My brother and I take turns in watching my sister, so I could only work once every two days, and they didn’t like that. My brother had found the perfect job as a street advertiser, which meant he could work whenever he wanted. He tried to put in a good word for me, but it didn’t work out.

The music that was playing right now was a song that Will had showed me. I usually disliked love songs, but this one wasn’t half bad. Under my breath I started singing: “But I’m afraid when I hear stories ‘bout husband and wife, there’s no happy ending, no Henry Lee, but you are the greatest thing about me.”  

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around in surprise, ready to kick the person right where it hurts.

Instead of a kidnapper, I found Will looking at me with an amused expression on his face.

“You should relax more, Lena. It looks like you were about to kick me in the family jewels.”

I put down my arms, and scowled at him. “Hasn’t anyone ever told you not to sneak up on people?”

“Lena, a deaf person could have heard me coming. It’s not my fault that you were daydreaming. I’m guessing everything went well with Willem.”

“I guess so. We have a date on Friday.” I admitted.

“That’s good.” Will said, but it didn’t look like he really meant it.

“You should be happy about this!” I exclaimed. “You’re the one that made this happen.”

“I know! I am happy.” His tone sounded sincere, but something in his eyes made me think he wasn’t.

“What are you doing here anyways?” I asked.

“I needed to clear my mind, so I went out for a jog.”

“I’m proud of you! At the beginning of the year, you laughed at me, when I told you that jogging helped me think.”

“Well, I guess… you were right.” He muttered so low I could barely hear him.

“What did you say, Will? Speak up.” I said putting my hand to my ear.

“You were kind of right.” He repeated slightly louder.

“Still can’t hear you!” I sang.

“YOU WERE RIGHT.” He shouted.

“Aaah much better.” I said with a smile.

“Now that that is out of the way. I would like a hug.” He said while stretching his arms towards me.

“No way! Get your smelly armpits away from me.” I yelled as I started walking backwards to get away from him.

“You know you want to.” He said as he wiggled his eyebrows.

“I’ll pass.” I tried.

“You’re not getting out of this.” He said as he lunged at me.

I tried to get away, but he was to fast. He hugged me from the back and lifted me up so that my feet couldn’t reach the floor anymore.

“Let me down.” I shouted in his ear trying to sound angry. I don’t think it worked though seeing how I was laughing.

“Beg me!” He whispered in my ear.

It gave me chills, but I ignored them. Instead I stubbornly whispered back. “Never.”

He raised his eyebrows, and a mischievous look flashed in his eyes. My eyes must have shown my worry, since he chuckled, and said. “You’re going to wish you didn’t say that.”  

His eyes went to my stomach, and with a feeling of dread I realized what he was going to do.

“No! You wouldn’t dare.” I said with a commanding tone.

No luck. He started tickling my stomach, and I couldn’t do anything about it.

“No! Hahahaha. Stop! Hahahahaha. I can’t take it! Will! Please!” I managed to say in between my laughs. If I would have one weak spot, it would be my stomach, which is very ticklish. Somehow Will had figured that out a while back, and since then has been using it against me.

“Did you just beg me?” Will asked as he stopped for a second.

“No.” I said stubbornly while crossing my arms.

“Okay! Your choice.” He said as he started tickling me again.

After 10 seconds of trying to get out of his grasp without success I turned around so that my face was facing his, and said breathlessly, “Will! I’m begging you. Please!”

In seconds flat he stopped tickling me, put me back on my feet, turned me around, and said with a smirk, “Well that wasn’t so hard now, was it?”

It struck me how close our faces were at that moment. I involuntarily glanced down at Will’s lips, and then looked back at his eyes. The grey colour wasn’t cold, but warm and they always made me feel like that he could see through me. All of a sudden I came back to my senses and took a step back.

“Don’t do that ever again.” I said as I slapped him on his chest, trying to hide the awkwardness I just felt. I glanced at Will. He had a confused look on his face, as if he didn’t understand what was happening.

“Anyways, why did you need to clear your mind?” I asked trying to change the subject.

“Oh, nothing important.” He said hurriedly.

I looked at him suspiciously, knowing very well that he was lying. I had realized a while back that Will was a horrible liar, which was a good thing. I didn’t insist though. If he didn’t want to tell me, that was his choice. Deep down it still hurt that he didn’t trust me enough to tell me the truth.

“Eh, Lena? Did you give my phone number to anyone?” Will asked.

I gave him a surprised look. “That’s not a random question.” I said sarcastically. Will just shrugged in response.

“I don’t think so…” I started, but then something came back to me. “Willem asked me for your phone number just now.” I admitted.

“At what time?” He asked me urgently.

“Ehm, right after you left, I think.” I said trying to remember.

Will’s face showed worry, and he went though his hair with his hand, which is something he only does when he’s troubled.

“Did you see him send a text after he got the number?”

“I don’t think so, no. Will, why all these questions?” I asked with a concerned expression.

“It’s nothing.”

“Yeah, my butt it’s nothing. Tell me, Will!” I said a bit angrily.

“It’s just that I got a anonymous message from someone, and I want to find out from who.” He admitted.

“What did the message say?” I asked curiously.

“Something that your virgin ears shouldn’t hear.” He answered with a smirk.

“Who says I’m a virgin?” I asked challengingly.

“Are you going to prove me wrong?” He said answering the challenge with a look of amusement in his eyes.

“You’re such a guy!” I said annoyed. I looked at my watch. “I should really go home! Jack is dropping Amie off, and then he’s going to work so I have to be there.”

“I’ll walk with you.” Will said.

We walked in silence for a while, but something was bugging me.

“Do you think that the message was from Willem?”

“I doubt it.” He said, but i could see he wasn’t convinced.

“Maybe I should cancel our date…” I tried.

“Don’t you dare, Lena! I worked hard on this date, and I don’t want you to use me as an excuse to get out of it.”

“But what if the message is from Willem, and that I find out he’s a jerk or something.”

Will thought about it for a while, and his eyebrows knitted together as he contemplated the idea. All of a sudden his eyes lit up, and a smile came on to his face.

“What do you think about a double date? Like that I can keep an eye on him” He asked me.

“With you?” I repeated slightly surprised.

“Yes,” He said slowly as though I was dumb, “and someone else. That is how double dates work.” 

“Who?” I asked sincerely curious.

It looked like he hadn’t thought about it, since a thoughtful look went across his face.

“Could you ask Willem to put off the date until next Friday?”

“I guess, although I doubt he knows the meaning of put off.”

“Well then it’s settled. Next Friday Kim will be here, so I can go on a double date with her!”

“Kim?” I asked confusedly.

“My best friend from Michigan. I told you about her before.”

“Oh right. Sorry my bad.” I said reluctantly.

I don’t know why, but I had a bad feeling about this girl, although i had never met her.

‘Maybe you’re jealous,’ a voice in my brain whispered.

“Shut up!” I snapped out loud, which got me a strange look from Will.

“Eh… okay… I’ll tell my thoughts to be more quiet.” Will said jokingly.

“I don’t mean you!” I said exasperatedly. “I was talking to myself.” I mentally slapped myself after I said that. ‘Lena, you’re not helping your case.’ Luckily, I didn’t answer the voice in my head out loud. Instead, I imagined strangling a cartoon version of myself.

“My imaginary friends think you have serious issues.” Will said jokingly.

“The voices in my head say I’m completely normal.” I answered as I stuck out my tongue at him. We both laughed and kept on walking. We arrived in front of my house, and I turned to him.

“Thanks for walking with me.”

“You’re welcome, Lena. Do you need help looking after Amie?”

“No, I’ll manage by myself. Thanks though. I need to do my maths homework anyways.”

Will slapped his head and groaned. “Why did you have to remind me? I don’t get a thing in math.”

“Probably because you don’t listen.” I said with a smile.

“You might be right there.” Will admitted with a grin.

“I can explain it to you if you want.” I suggested.

“You actually understand what he’s talking about? You’re a genius!” He exclaimed with admiration.

“I have my moments.” I said with a sly grin.

“Saturday afternoon at my place?” He asked.

“Make it morning, and you’ve got yourself a deal.”

He groaned. “What is your obsession with waking up early?”

“I just like the fact that it annoys you!” I answered as I walked towards my door.

I could still hear him laugh as I closed the door behind me.

****

Authors note:

Hello! *waves excitedly to everyone*

I hope you like this chapter! Tell me what you all think! ^^ Last chap barely got 20 votes so I'm guessing you all didn't like it that much... Hope this one is better! =D 

I added characters seeing how SOMEONE (I am not looking at you Fanta) wanted desperately characters put up. With this chapter there is a pic of how I see Lena. I'm not to happy with Will's or Nicole's characters though so if anyone has anything to suggest, i am all ears! That also applies to any other characters =)

The song that Lena is singing is If it's love, by train. There is a youtube video for anyone who wants to hear it. =)

I also would like to give a shout out to my awesome editor Jinxrox! This chap is dedicated to her seeing how she has to put up with my mistakes ;) English is only my third language guys, so forgive me if there are any mistakes ^^ 

Btw I added my goals to my about me section on my profile, so if anybody wants to see them, you can go there.... 

I got to #122 to on what's Hot list thanks to you guys!! I am so psyched and happy! Thank you all of you for reading, voting, commenting, fanning, the whole deal! It means a lot to me ^^

So 30 votes for a quicker upload? Come on! you can do it! =)

P.S: I'm not so sure about the chapter title. i have been lacking serious inspiration in that domain lately. Help?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140 0 37
"𝑯𝒐𝒑𝒆 π’•π’‰π’†π’š π’ˆπ’Šπ’—π’† π’„π’“π’†π’…π’Šπ’• π’˜π’‰π’†π’“π’† π’„π’“π’†π’…π’Šπ’• π’Šπ’” 𝒅𝒖𝒆 𝒕𝒐 π’•π’‰π’Šπ’” π’π’Šπ’•π’•π’π’† π’Žπ’‚π’•π’„π’‰π’Žπ’‚π’Œπ’†π’“. π‘ͺ𝒂𝒍𝒍 π’Žπ’† "π‘ͺπ’–π’‘π’Š...
2.4K 16 45
{Completed} ==================================== "I'm scared Will." She whispered while looking up at the stars. "Of what?" I asked and turned to loo...
48.3K 4.8K 65
"Oh no," the blond shook his head. "Oh no?" another man asked. "What's oh no?" "Will has the look," he looked at his partner in horror. "The 'we're g...
13.5K 1.2K 32
When a cupid is tasked with setting up the woman he has feelings for, he decides instead to sabotage her matches while he uncovers why the Fates are...