Love Kills

Chapter 31: Love Kills

 This chapter is dedicated to Dinhadb

Will’s P.O.V

Previous chapter:

I heard a rustling sound behind me, and I turned around quickly. I would have been a liar if I said that I didn’t hope it was Lena even for a second. I could make out the figure of a girl, who definitely wasn’t Lena, standing on top of the rocks.

The girl said in a voice I knew all to well, “Good job, cupid. I guess you don’t need us heartbreakers help after all. You seem to be able to break hearts all by yourself.”

 *

Another figure walked into the light, and I gasped in surprise when I saw who it was. “Take it easy on him, Kitty. He also just had his heart broken.” Dixon said mockingly.

I looked up at them in shock wondering how on earth I couldn’t have known that they were the heartbreakers.

Both Dixon and Kitty leaped from the rock they were standing on, and landed right in front of me. Dixon’s piercing blue eyes, the same ones I had seen in the mirror that day, were studying me. They were both smiling at me victoriously as if they knew they had won, and they were right. My will to fight had left me at the same time Lena had left.

“Surprised?” Kitty asked as she raised an eyebrow.

“I have to admit that your acting had me fooled, but now that I study the facts more closely I feel blind not to have noticed.” I said unwillingly.

“If it makes you feel better Will, you’re not the first cupid to have been fooled by us. We’re just that good.” Kitty said with a sly smile.

“Your just lucky I was distracted.” I said, and for the second time that day I realized that Kim had been right. Lena had distracted me from my work. I put my hand over my heart instinctively, because every time I thought of Lena the excruciating pain I felt in my heart worsened.

“It’s painful. Isn’t it?” Dixon said. “I mean being in love.”

“What would you know about love?” I said defensively.

“More then you would think Cupid. There’s a reason I was chosen to be a heartbreaker,” Dixon admitted, “and that’s because I’ve seen a lot of people around me get hurt because of love. Love is a lie, because nothing good ever comes from love.”

“Aaaw was little Dixon dumped by the girl of his dreams?” I said mockingly. I tried to pretend I couldn’t feel my heart killing me but I could see in Kitty and Dixon’s eyes that they weren’t fooled.

“No. My dad beat my mom so hard that she died, and then he killed himself, because he supposedly loved her. I saw it happen.” Dixon confessed coldly.

Well he got me there. That was enough to screw anybody up.

“My mom slept around with men, while my father did the same…. with men.” Kitty said nonchalantly. I could see that she was trying to pretend that she didn’t care, but even from where I was standing her eyes betrayed her anger, and regret. I always thought that heartbreakers were just born unloving, but I know realized that it was the events in their life that made them to be who they are.

“See, Will? We have reasons to believe that love doesn’t exist, but do you have reasons to believe the contrary?” Dixon asked.

“My parents are happily married and still in love already more then 17 years.” I said triumphantly.