Corporate Consent

By NutellaNetflixNinja

Falling in love is easy, but what about falling out of love? As complicated things already seemed Anna had to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 9

2.8K 102 10
By NutellaNetflixNinja

Chapter 9

"And....then.....the profits of Marco's company just boomed. Like I mean....this was insane, how could their demand go up to 40% higher? So I said-"

I rub my face violently with my hands, I couldn't take the torture of listening to my executive officer blabber about other companies success rates on the phone on loud speaker. I was too hungover for work, Brian was gone and I was all alone, I felt alone without Brian.

I rub my temples and shut my eyes to calm my headache, but it wasn't going to stop, plus my stomach was growling with huger. No Brian....No Breakfast, Thankfully Jake was already out when I woke up so I didn't have to wake up and think about how to face him.

Must Concentrate......Listen to her.....Concentrate...

"Well that's impossible to do seeing the fact that you seem to have had to many drinks last night."

I snap my head up to see Mr Jason Bradford standing at my door, and shaking his head, "Sir...... I am so sorry I didn't see you there, Maria I'll call you later okay." I hang up the phone and stand up to greet him,

"No No, I was passing by when I heard you mumbling something, so I came in to see."

"Hahaah.....Yea actually I'm a bit tired. So yeah that's it."

"Too tired or too hungover?" He crinkles his eyes in amusement.

I blush red, my boss caught me "I would say a bit of both. Please tell me how I can help you sir?"

"Actually only you can help me.......It's my son. I mean my step-son."

"Oh Yes, What about him?"

"Well all is good for now, he is in our head office. He is getting briefed about our company, and all......so for now I am really happy. And I am actually planning to throw a small party at our house, as a celebration for his arrival. But the real thing here is that, I fear there I still doubt in his head whether or not to join our company. Anna.... I need to help me remove that doubt, Can to help me seal the deal with him?"

"Bu-But sir.....i am just a finance officer, How could I.... I mean it-"

"Anna this is because I trust you... I have seen the way you have helped our company bag several deals with other companies. You are an expert at this, your most powerful business ethic is persuasion. Please Anna Help me out here?"

I smiled at his and take his hand
''Anything for you Mr Bradford."

"It would mean the world to me Anna, I'm so grateful to have a finance officer like you. Oh and I have already planned out the entire party but, since I am not young or in style as your generation would you mind taking a look at it?"

He puts his hand inside his coat pocket and removes a paper, it had all the requirements a party needed like lights, music, food etc. It touched my heart how excited the old man got for his son, he was really keen on getting his son to stay for good. So I took the paper and assured him to take a look at the place to make sure everything was okay.

"Why don't you do one thing, my son is going there too, day after tomorrow so why don't you both go there and take a look. That moron wouldn't be able to do anything alone anyways. He can pick you put and you both can go together?"

"Umm......I guess it is okay. What time will he be coming?"

"At about three, that scoundrel's morning's start at twelve in the afternoon and ends at two in the morning. He is a useless fellow."

"Hahahaha Come on Mr Bradford I don't think it's that bad. Give it some time, he will mature."

He stands up and I leave him to the door, I shut the door and call Caroline my P.A to cancel all my meetings for day after tomorrow so that I could see the site in peace.

On my way home, I felt an uneasiness settle in my stomach. I couldn't understand whether it was my hunger or the fact that I was going to spend the whole time with Jake alone, without Brian to hide behind. I reach home to find it empty, What a relief......Time for some Arrow. Gosh that man is sexy.

I change into my home clothes and plop myself in front of the tv , I didn't realise how long I was asleep until I felt a hand brush across my ankle. I wake up to find myself in a warm blanket and Jake sitting by my foot watching Tv with his fingers running small circles around my ankles, it was so comforting I almost fell asleep again.

"If you are hungry, I bought home pizza. We can eat it?"

I nearly moaned at the thought of the cheesy pizza and soda, This guy was marriage material, God.....can you get me a guy like this in a different body? Thanks. Ummmm.... Pizza

"So I take that as a yes?"

Shit I said that aloud....."Umm Yea"

"Great I'll heat it up then."

He leaves the couch, and I already missed the warm contact on my skin. Bad Anna, Bad....Don't get used to this, it isn't for you.

"Would you mind picking out a movie? It's been long since I watched a movie."

I scan through the collection of movies, not one movie that didn't involve romance, kisses and hot guys. What....wasn't going to sit next to him and drool.

We finally decide to watch a historical movie, which bored the crap out of me but I kept quiet, for the sake of keeping the comfortable silence between us. Plus the cheesy pizza was a good distraction.

But during the movie from the corner of my eye I did see Jake remove the pillow between us very subtlety and shift in closer. Not so subtle. He did what I presumed was a fake yawn stretch and put up his arm behind me, on the couch. Typical boy move....Seriously.

I turn to see him still concentrating on the Tv but a small smirk playing up on his face.

"How old are you? 14? That move is so outdated. Seriously."

The reaction on his face was priceless and I busted out laughing, Poor Guy, he is so bad at this HAHAAHAAHAHHA

"Well, don't blame me for trying. I thought you wouldn't notice it"

"Awww Kiddo. Grow up already" I say patting his cheek.

"Oh Really? So you like it more mature and Adult type. I'll show you mature"

Out of nowhere his hand which was on the sofa comes down and grabs my waist, his other hand grabs my hip and he pulls me onto his lap and he begins tickling me. Oh Hell no, No- not tickling

"Jak- JAKE NO NO NO PLEASE STOP HAHAHAHAHHAHA No No HAHAHAHAHAAAH"

He starts laughing "How about this? Is this better? HAHAHAAHH"

I somehow manage to grab his hands and stop him from the torture I was facing.

"PLEASE....... that's a torture. No more, Please no more."

He pulls me put to his chest and laughs, I could feel his chest vibrate beneath my cheek. "Okay, But promise me we will.........um remain friends"

Yea sure I'll pretend that you weren't my first kiss or that I was totally was in loved with you in high school. We can forget how you kissed Alice or even how you got slapped by me, yup forget everything...my ass.

"Sure, as long as you don't tickle me? I'm in"

"I can contain myself, for a while I guess." With a silly smirk on his face, I slap his arm and take deep breath close my eyes in order to calm my panting and thumping heart. All that laughing had made me breathless and tired. His hand was rubbing my arm slowly, like there was all the time in world to pass, with my head on his chest I could breathe in the beautiful scent, it felt so warm and cuddly like a marshmallow Like my bed, like S'mores, like a cup of hot chocolate during winter......umm so warm. Woah wait.....You are in his arms WHAT THE HELL? Too inappropriate.....NOPE......MOVE.

I began to shift out slowly so he didn't notice, as he seemed too focused on the movie, I couldn't sit there until I began to get heavy and he would think this was a bad decision.

"Aren't you comfortable?"

"Um...I appreciate this *pointing to me sitting on his lap* but I don't break my roommate/buddy's legs, I need you here....to pay rent"

I laugh at my joke and crawl out of his arms and back on the couch, but that didn't stop him from draping his arm around me and stealing my slices of pizza. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tanya I swear ....No HAHAHAHAHAAH I swear no. Please don't get angry. Babe I promise nothing happened."

"Yea right Anna 'we just cuddled and watched a movie' doesn't seem to have an innocent ending, I need details like ACTUAL details. Like after we 'cuddled' we suddenly found ourselves half naked and on top of each other. That would sound more realistic to me."

I knew where this was heading, I grip the receiver closer to me "Tanya.....What are you suggesting?"

"THAT YOU GUYS BANGED. That's what it is, and I want you to accept it."

Obviously that's what you would think, Anyone would.

I groan and rub my forehead "Tanya stop that okay, it's nothing like that. Anyways I'm leaving office early today Jake has some plans for us, as a celebration for his new job. So I got to go babe"

"Of course, Go ahead.....Jake is more important now right? More than me or Brian? Speaking of Brian......Cyprus seems so upset nowadays. I don't know what to do, because all he does after coming back from the studio is lock himself in his room. Help me out here Anna."

I felt a sting in my heart about Cyprus's condition, this would be the longest that they would stay without each other. As much as I loved Brian, Cyprus loved him more than anything. Thats when I suddenly got the idea of helping him.

"Why don't you guys come over? I mean it will get boring with just the both of us together. Why don't you guys come over? I don't think Jake would mind."

"Babe are you sure? You know maybe he wants to spend time with you....You know 'Love birds' type thing."

I nearly screamed hearing all the sarcasm dripping off the phone receiver, I made up my mind to prove it to her that there was nothing going on "Oh You'll see Tanya. It's NOTHING like that."

I hang up and then call Jake to tell him about Tanya and Cyprus coming too, to my surprise he didn't seem excited.....at all.

'Um.....But I thought it would be just the both of us. Like you know we would celebrate together. But it's nice that they are coming."

"Jake...A celebration is nothing with just two people. The more the merrier. So shush they are coming by 8, and we'll enjoy together."

I mentally jot down 2 bottles of white and red wine. This was going to be rough as Tanya already knew about Jake and wasn't going to be kind about it. Advantage and total disadvantage of having a protective friend. But the alcohol could help, because Alcohol makes everything and anything better. Plus food.....god I 'm looking forward to this already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well something smells great. What's cooking?"

I set bottles the down inside the kitchen, and turn to find Jake in an absurd kitchen apron and a chef hat, stirring something in a pot. Talk about Dedication and the fact that he can cook. Dream boy.

"Jake seriously? That outfit.....just to cook?"

He grins without looking up and says "I wanted to feel in character, it helps me cook better."

I help him by setting the ingredients on the counter one by one, "By the way....When you told me about the party, I thought we would be ordering from a normal restaurant for dinner. It's way easier than all that hassle of cooking."

"Right.....it would be much easier, but it wouldn't feel special. Not for me nor for them. And I like to make people feel special, it gives me happiness."

Sure it does, I bet lying and breaking hearts feels great too.

I searched for the can opener for the tomato can, at least I could try and be helpful. Even though I 'm shit at it. With great difficulty I was able help him make 'Spaghetti alla puttanesca', soon the whole house was smelling like a restaurant. We should bottle this smell and sell it in perfume bottles, imagine all the cash that would roll in.

As we set the table, the doorbell rings indicating the arrival of our guests. I open the door only to be wrapped in Tanya's arms in a split second. "Heeyyy Girl. How are you love?" and plants wet kiss on my cheek. Whoa.....Someone seems happy...A bit too happy.

"Yea yea.... I'm good" and I lead her inside, shutting the door.

She stumbles a bit and grabs Cyprus arm to stable herself, He and i set her on the couch. "What's wrong with her? She looks high."

"Well that's what it is, she is high. That's what happens when you think chugging a whole bottle seems fun. At least she is talking and singing less here, she was a maniac in the car."

"Wait.....SHE CHUGGED A WHOLE BOTTLE....OF WHAT?"

He holds out a bottle of Zinfandel red wine, and hands it to me. "We both went shopping for wine, because it seemed bad to come empty handed and we both brought one each. As gifts....i mean a gift."

"Where is the second one?"

He points to the currently drooling Tanya on the sofa, sprawled on the sofa "Take a wild guess."

I smack my forehead "Oh God Tanya. Please tell me there is an Alcoholics Anonymous centre nearby? She needs it BAD."

He laughs and comes in for a warm hug, rubbing my back gently.

"Hello Kiddo, How are you? I missed you." He says kindly and brushes my hair to the side.

"I'm pretty good actually, I missed you too. But the real question here is 'How are you?' " I take his arm and lead him to the balcony and we stand outside feeling the chilly wind brushing against us as soon as we go out.

"What do you mean? I am fine.....Just- Absolutely fine."

"Cyprus.....I can call BULLSHIT, when I can see it"

He groans and runs his hand through his hair messing up the neatly gelled hair, "All right you got me......Uhhh...I'm not all right, I feel like shit. A Total piece of shit right now......and every fucking day of my life."

He props his elbows on the railing and looks at the view of city, I take his arm again and rub it soothingly. I look at the view of the city and remembered the first reason why even moved in here.

Brian fell in love with this view in a heartbeat and begged to buy it even though it was a tad bit expensive. Me.....well who could resist that adorable face begging to me to buy it, we bought it and moved in together, looking almost like a couple. That's what the owner though when we moved in, I grinned remembering when Brian gave him the news that he was gay and made out with Cyprus to prove it to him. His face was priceless.

I looked up at Cyprus all tensed and rigid, he was missing him badly.

"Cyprus stop concentrating on how many days you have to survive with Brian. Think about the hard work he has put in to reach there, this fashion week is the important thing in his life, in both of your lives. Plus there would be need of me holding those silly coloured cardboards behind the models because we couldn't afford a full cloth to cover the background. A new set of photography equipment for you, better quality of photos and content for you guys. Think of what you both well able to achieve together. Imagine you guys together would have a bigger studio, more helpers, everything bigger and better. Focus on the future and it will help cope with the distance."

Cyprus took in every word like a medicine, and I saw his face loosen up a bit, he takes a long breath like he was holding it in for too long. "You know what......That actually helped a lot. Thank you Anna."

He drapes his arm around my shoulder "Do you miss him too? Or is Mr Achy breaky heart keeping you company?"

I froze "Wait.....You know about this? The whole Jake situation?"

"Of course, Tanya tells me everything. Plus I wouldn't blame you, He is hell a hot. I guess Brian's entire family must be hot right? Imagine what his dad must be looking like....Oh my god I think I already have a crush on him without even meeting him. Totally love older men."

"Okay.....Cyprus GROSS. Chose one will you, either the son or the Dad? You can't bang the both of them."

"Oh hell ya I can, It makes it more exciting as I could call both of them 'DADDY'" He gapes with realisation "Goddam wouldn't that be amazing?"

We both burst out laughing, imagining how the situation would go down. I laughed so much I could feel my inside about to burst

"God have mercy on his mother. You take both the men in her life"

"Oh honey, I'm GONNA BURN IN HELL."

"Um...Guys is she okay?"

We turn around to see Jake crouching down and inspecting Tanya's drunk state like a detective. I did happen to notice he had changed into more presentable clothes, rather than having the chef hat and apron on. He did look super cute still tho.

"Oh let her be, this is really normal. I think I would get worried when she isn't drunk." Cyprus waves it off.

The both of them help themselves set the food on the table, while I kept a glass of water with an aspirin for Tanya for later, as we helped ourselves with the spaghetti, Cyprus poured in gallons of compliments to drink, with a side dish of flattery. To say dinner went well was an understatement, because never before I had seen Jake blush himself as red as a tomato.

I guess it was good to see him happy. I felt good, to see him smile at compliments on his cooking skills, not to mention that he also brought up my assisting skills to the table too.

As we cleared our plates and Jake took off to start the dishwasher, while I and Cyprus got to scooping out ice cream for dinner. Which was fun in the starting, but soon I felt my arm give away. It was a total arm workout. I was going to pump those guns and then drown them in thousand calories ice cream, The Irony here.

The three of us sat down in living room, on the floor that is because Tanya had taken up all the space on the sofa. When Cyprus began to interrogate Jake about his life,

"So congratulation's for the job, as the whole point of this dinner was to celebrate it. But you didn't mention where you are joining?"

"Oh....Yea....I...um...I am joining P-Procter & Gamble."

I felt really stupid for not knowing what company he had joined, the topic never came up and I always forgot to ask. But I also remembered that Bradford and sons, had once done a project with them, so did have a little knowledge about them.

Once we were done with the ice creams I picked up the bowls and dump it into the sink, I returned to find the both of them conversing really well, Cyprus was getting all personal and was literally playing a rapid fire round with him. I could see Jake squirming in the side like scared mouse. So I decided to break it there, by bringing up the still very drunk Tanya's situation,

"Well, I can take her drunk ass home if you want. Or she can stay here till tomorrow morning. Wait...Great idea, I'll stay here too. I could sleep in Brian's room, if that's okay?" Cyprus suggests

"That room is all yours." I hand him the keys to Brian's room.

Jake carries Tanya to my room, while I go back to the kitchen to unload the dishwasher, and leave them out on the rack to dry. I cleaned up the entire table and made sure everything was cleaned up fully before heading to bed.

"So how do you think I did? Did I pass the test?"

I turn to see Jake standing shirtless only in his sweatpants leaning against the kitchen wall. Dayum.......Does he go to sleep like that?

"What? What do you mean?"

He smirks, "Oh come on, it's not like I don't know. All girls do this, especially my sister. She is the best at this, every time she needed validation on one of her boyfriends, she would invite him over for dinner and me and my mother would see if he was worth it. So...Did I pass your test?"

"Woah woah....This wasn't a test at all. Don't flatter yourself will you. I invited them over because we were celebrating. And wait, you have a sister?"

"Um...Yea I do. She is two years younger than me."

That could be 'Jade'. My heart held on to the little hope that was there, "Wow, That nice. What's her name?"

"Her name is Diaz. She was name after my grandmother."

Well.....FUCK. "Nice, Where is she? Is she here in New York?"

"Oh....Actually...she is London." He looks away like it was a sensitive topic.

I quickly change the mood, "Well, I got to go to bed, office tomorrow. So Goodnight."

I head upstairs to my room but before I enter I hear him call out again, "You are sure it wasn't a test right?"

I smile at his stupidity "Good Night Jake."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holidays are going on.....Possibility of updates. :O

This chapter was.....so fucking long....it took a shit load of hours to write, Plus I had tuitions (Accounts) that are taking up my time too.

Vote. Comment. Follow :D

Love ya Loads <3 <3 <3 :D

20K READS ♥♥♥♥♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

984 61 22
Wesley had always struggled with breaking away from his family's expectations, but now he's made a big decision that will change everything. He's fin...
199K 11.3K 75
"If you want out of this marriage, Harry, the door is right there." "The only way out is together, Bea." *** Bea and Harry are back!!!!!!!!!!! They f...
7K 156 9
Abell life is turned upside down when her husband abruptly asks for a divorce, claiming he has found someone else. Despite still loving him, she sign...
2K 58 20
She could feel her fragile heart broken into thousand pieces when her boyfriend broke up with her. She had dreamt of a happy life with him but he bet...