Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I needed to steady myself.

Josh was the son of Jason Bradford, THE FREAKING SON.

I gripped the basin by the edges and blew in and out heavily. I felt the spilled coffee make my dress cling to my skin, the sweet sugary smell of it now began to irritate me.

I grab my hair in a bunch and bundle it up in a knot, I begin washing my dress with soap and warm water when I notice the skin that had made contact with the coffee was now turning pinkish red and was starting to swell gradually. Perfect.... (Sarcasm)

My arms already are big enough and now it looks like a bag of tomatoes stuck in a dress.

I pull my dress forward, to get the behind part of the dress but I couldn't. Just as I was about to unzip my dress and clean it, a light knock came from the door.

"Anna......You there?"

I froze at the spot, Why is he here? No no no just go,

"Yea....Give me a second. I need to clean up."

"I actually wanted to help, if you open the door I'll have a look at your arm at least."

I actually need help, my arm was pretty sore cleaning up the coffee and I still hadn't cleaned up on the back. But it was out of question to let my boss's son help me with that......NOPE.

"No thank you, Sir I'll do it."

A huge pause followed.

"Why in the world are you calling me 'Sir'?"

Well, Scared was not the exact word....But WORRIED was acceptable.

"I'll meet you outside."

"Anna..." I felt his voice get deeper, almost as if he was trying to explain a child.

"I want you to open the door and let me help you. Now"

Pshhh Like I am your servant.....Well in a way.

"Sir I think It would be bett-"

"This Instant Anna." I almost heard him grinding his teeth together.

My palms felt sweaty and the room felt too warm. He was serious about this and I had to give in. I had no authority over him, and I was in no position to argue. I reach for the door knob with sweaty palms and open the door.

In front of me, I see Josh with his tousled hair, with black coat now off him I saw his white shirt perfectly snug with his sleeves all rolled up.

"I was beginning to think that I had to break down the door in order to get in." He smirks lightly

I'm hoping that was a joke.

He shuts the door behind him, "To be honest, I actually would. If you were two minutes late."

Shit.

"Look Mr. Edward, I'm totally fine. I accept your apology and if you give me five minutes I'll be out as soon as possible Sir."

Totally ignoring me, he lightly takes my slightly burned hand and inspects it closely, "Shit.....It's a bad burn. This needs treatment." He pours water over the burned area and grabs a couple of tissues dabbing the wound lightly. I could feel his chest pressing against elbow.

"You know if this wasn't an office right here...I would have swooped you up and carried you to the nearest hospital. But now that we are in an office, I am assuming you wouldn't want that to happen. Would you?"