Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"And....then.....the profits of Marco's company just boomed. Like I mean....this was insane, how could their demand go up to 40% higher? So I said-"

I rub my face violently with my hands, I couldn't take the torture of listening to my executive officer blabber about other companies success rates on the phone on loud speaker. I was too hungover for work, Brian was gone and I was all alone, I felt alone without Brian.

I rub my temples and shut my eyes to calm my headache, but it wasn't going to stop, plus my stomach was growling with huger. No Brian....No Breakfast, Thankfully Jake was already out when I woke up so I didn't have to wake up and think about how to face him.

Must Concentrate......Listen to her.....Concentrate...

"Well that's impossible to do seeing the fact that you seem to have had to many drinks last night."

I snap my head up to see Mr Jason Bradford standing at my door, and shaking his head, "Sir...... I am so sorry I didn't see you there, Maria I'll call you later okay." I hang up the phone and stand up to greet him,

"No No, I was passing by when I heard you mumbling something, so I came in to see."

"Hahaah.....Yea actually I'm a bit tired. So yeah that's it."

"Too tired or too hungover?" He crinkles his eyes in amusement.

I blush red, my boss caught me "I would say a bit of both. Please tell me how I can help you sir?"

"Actually only you can help me.......It's my son. I mean my step-son."

"Oh Yes, What about him?"

"Well all is good for now, he is in our head office. He is getting briefed about our company, and all......so for now I am really happy. And I am actually planning to throw a small party at our house, as a celebration for his arrival. But the real thing here is that, I fear there I still doubt in his head whether or not to join our company. Anna.... I need to help me remove that doubt, Can to help me seal the deal with him?"

"Bu-But sir.....i am just a finance officer, How could I.... I mean it-"

"Anna this is because I trust you... I have seen the way you have helped our company bag several deals with other companies. You are an expert at this, your most powerful business ethic is persuasion. Please Anna Help me out here?"

I smiled at his and take his hand
''Anything for you Mr Bradford."

"It would mean the world to me Anna, I'm so grateful to have a finance officer like you. Oh and I have already planned out the entire party but, since I am not young or in style as your generation would you mind taking a look at it?"

He puts his hand inside his coat pocket and removes a paper, it had all the requirements a party needed like lights, music, food etc. It touched my heart how excited the old man got for his son, he was really keen on getting his son to stay for good. So I took the paper and assured him to take a look at the place to make sure everything was okay.

"Why don't you do one thing, my son is going there too, day after tomorrow so why don't you both go there and take a look. That moron wouldn't be able to do anything alone anyways. He can pick you put and you both can go together?"

"Umm......I guess it is okay. What time will he be coming?"

"At about three, that scoundrel's morning's start at twelve in the afternoon and ends at two in the morning. He is a useless fellow."

"Hahahaha Come on Mr Bradford I don't think it's that bad. Give it some time, he will mature."

He stands up and I leave him to the door, I shut the door and call Caroline my P.A to cancel all my meetings for day after tomorrow so that I could see the site in peace.