Worlds Colliding (Supernatura...

By heartofice97

Catty and Dean Winchester and Ness Singer have been out of the life for a year now. Catty had gone to her old... More

characters
character theme songs (main)
chapter 1 - Exile on Main St.
chapter 2 - Two and a Half Men
chapter 3 - The Third One
chapter 4 - Singers' Weekend
chapter 5 - Live Free or Twihard
chapter 6 - You Can't Handle the Truth
chapter 7 - Family Matters
chapter 8 - All Dogs Go to Heaven
chapter 9 - Clap Your Hands if You Believe...
chapter 10 - Caged Heat
chapter 11 - Appointment in Samarra
chapter 12 - Like a Virgin
chapter 13 - Unforgiven
chapter 14 - Mannequin 3: The Reckoning
chapter 15 - The French Mistake
chapter 16 - ...And Then There Were None
chapter 17 - My Heart Will Go On
chapter 19 - Mommy Dearest
chapter 20 - The Man Who Would Be King
chapter 21 - Let It Bleed
chapter 22 - The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Bloopers

chapter 18 - Frontierland

840 24 4
By heartofice97

Outfits in the external link 

THEN

From 2.22 "All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 2", in Bobby's House, Bobby had a book in his hands. "I don't believe it."

Bobby pointed to the marks on the map.

Catty looked at all of the marks on the map. "Wyoming? What does that mean?"

"Each of these X's is an abandoned frontier church," Bobby explained. "All mid-19th century, built by Samuel Colt."

"Samuel Colt?" Ness repeated.

From 2.22 "All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 2", in the cemetery, Catty had the Colt now, completely calm yet angry with a white-hot rage, aiming it at Azazel the Demon, shooting him in the heart. Azazel's body shook and electrified, falling to the ground, dead. The yellow glow faded from his eyes.

Ness: (voice over from 2.22 All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 2) "The Demon-killing, gunmaking Samuel Colt?"

From 1.20 "Dead Man's Blood", there were flashes of the unseen man making the Colt and its bullets.

Bobby: (voice over from 2.22 All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 2) "Yep."

From 2.22 "All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 2", in the woods, a car pulled up onto a back road, parking in front of a railroad track.

Bobby: (voice over from 2.22 All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 2) "He built private railway lines connecting church to church."

From 2.22 "All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 2", in Bobby's House, Bobby showed Sam, Dean, Catty, Ness and Ellen the map. "It just happens to lay out like this."

Bobby drew a pentagram connecting the dots.  

From 2.22 "All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 2", The door to the crypt burst open. A large black mass erupted from the other side, shooting outward, breaking through the Devil's Trap, escaping into the sky.

Ness: (voice over from 2.22 All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 2) "It's a Devil's Trap. A 100-square-mile Devil's Trap."

From 4.03 "In the Beginning", in the motel room, Castiel put two fingers to Catty's forehead.

From 4.03 "In the Beginning", on the street, Catty was lying on a bench at the side of the road, waking up in 1978.

From 4.03 "In the Beginning", in the diner, Catty looked at the newspaper Young John Winchester was reading, mouthing the words. ''78...'

From 4.03 "In the Beginning", in the street, Catty looked at Castiel. "What is this?"

"What does it look like?" Castiel asked.

"Is it real?" Catty asked.

"Very," Castiel answered.

"Okay, so, what, Angels got their hands on some DeLoreans?" Catty asked. "How did I get here?"

"Time is fluid, Catty," Castiel told her. "It's not easy, but ewe can bend it on occasion."

From 5.13 "The Song Remains the Same", in the motel room, Catty stood in between Sam and Dean, taking either of their hands. Octavia put two fingers to Catty and Dean's foreheads. Castiel put two fingers to Sam and Catty's foreheads. Castiel, Sam, Catty and Dean disappeared. Octavia looked faint and weak, nearly falling, catching herself against the nearby table. Her mouth was bleeding, the blood dripping down her chin.

From 6.12 "Like a Virgin", in Bobby's House, Ness looked at Dean, Catty and Sam. "I'm thinking you know 'Purgatory'."

From 6.12 "Like a Virgin", on the cliff, the woman the Dragons had thrown into the pit levitated back up to the edge of the cliff. Her eyes were glowing red. Her arms and legs were burning like embers.

Bobby: (voice over from 6.12 Like a Virgin) "This is all about opening a door to let something in."

From 6.12 "Like a Virgin", Sam looked at Bobby and Ness. "What?"

"We're working on it," Bobby told them.

"Could you give us something?" Dean asked.

"We got a name," Ness told them. "Mother of All."

From 6.16 "...And Then There Were None", in the Sheriff's Station, Dean looked at Sam, Ness, Catty and Bobby, all whom were posing as FBI. "We got zero on ganking her."

From 6.12 "Like a Virgin", on the cliff, Eve looked at the two Dragons. "We have so much to do." She smirked. "Let's get started."

From 6.16 "...And Then There Were None", in Rick's Truck, Eve leaned closer, latching onto Rick's ear. Rick started to scream.

From 6.16 "...And Then There Were None", in Rick's House, The woman slowly woke, seeing Rick, smiling tiredly. Rick had a hammer at his side, raising it. The woman screamed. Rick bashed the hammer down into the woman twice, making blood splatter over him.

From 6.16 "...And Then There Were None", in Cannery Warehouse, Catty drew her gun, shooting Gwen in the heart, killing her.

From 6.16 "...And Then There Were None", in Cannery Warehouse, Sam shot Samuel in the head, killing him.

From 6.16 "...And Then There Were None", in Cannery Warehouse, Bobby took a knife out from behind his back, stabbing Rufus in the chest.

From 6.16 "...And Then There Were None", in Cannery Warehouse, Bobby was tied to a chair with duct tape. Ness started to peel off the duct tape. The Khan worm fell out, dead.  

From 6.16 "...And Then There Were None", in Cannery Warehouse, Bobby looked at Catty, Sam, Dean and Ness, his voice Demonic. "By the time she's done, there'll be more creatures than Humans. You'll live in pens. We'll serve up your young and call it veal."

"And how exactly do you think you're gonna accomplish that?" Catty asked.

"She's creating a creature of more than one species," Bobby answered. "She's creating one of all trades. But she needs a little help. This thing can tip the scale either way. It can turn the world to darkness and blood or save it and bring it peace."

"That sounds interesting," Catty told him sarcastically.

"She has a message for you," Bobby told them.

"Oh, yeah?" Dean asked. "What's that?"

"You're only alive because she thinks you can be useful," Bobby told them. "Soon as that changes... You're all gonna die."

From 6.17 "My Heart Will Go On", in the street, Atropos looked at Castiel. "This is about the souls."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Octavia told her.

Atropos looked at Octavia. "That, I believe. That Angel went and created 50,000 new souls for your friend's war machine, Octavia."

From 6.17 "My Heart Will Go On", in the Singer Salvage Yard, Octavia looked slightly confused why Castiel was doing this, looking down.  

NOW

§  

 Flashforward

March 5, 1861

Sunrise, Wyoming

Day - Street

A noose was hanging from a gallows. Two cowboys stepped into the street. A woman peered toward them through a window. The cowboys faced each other from several feet apart, opening their coats, having their hands ready to draw their guns. A man watched them through a window. One cowboy was wearing a Sheriff badge. He looked up, revealing it was Dean. A clock struck noon. Dean and the other cowboy looked up, drawing their guns. A gunshot was heard.

§ Worlds Colliding (Supernatural) §

(Song:) Reprise - Federale

A map of Wyoming burned away from the middle, revealing "Worlds Colliding (Supernatural)" in flaming letters. The screen exploded into glass.

(Song Ends)

§ Worlds Colliding (Supernatural) §

48 Hours Earlier and 150 Years Later

Day One

Morning - Biggerson's Warehouse

Octavia was waiting, confused and troubled. Castiel appeared behind her.

Octavia sensed him. "We need to talk, Cas." She turned to face Castiel. "About what Atropos told me. Things I've been hearing. Things I don't want to believe. Your dirty little secret. Just tell me if it's true."

Castiel hesitated. "I have to defeat Raphael, Ava."

"I understand that, Cas," Octavia told him. "But this..."

"Ava, you have stood by me through everything, including helping stop the Apocalypse," Castiel told her. "Please. I just need you to stand by me through this, and to keep this to yourself." Octavia exhaled softly, looking away. "Ava."

Octavia looked at Castiel. "All right. But this ends after we deal with Raphael. Because I know that he wants to restart the Apocalypse and set everything in motion again. But we cannot put anyone else in danger, Cas. Can you promise me that?"

Castiel nodded. "I promise, Ava."

"What happened to you, Cas?" Octavia asked.

Castiel turned away. "What do you mean?"

"You've changed... so much," Octavia told him. "I don't know what it is, and I don't know if you know how much you've changed."

"Everything's fine, Ava," Castiel told her.

Octavia shook her head. "No, it's not. But I'm just trying to make it where everything will be."

Castiel nodded barely, tensely. Octavia still seemed troubled, turning away partially. Castiel turned to face Octavia to see she had already disappeared.

§  

Lansing, Michigan

Campbell Compound - Samuel's Office

Sam, Dean, Catty, Ness and Bobby were searching.

"It's here, somewhere," Sam told them. "I know it." He looked at Bobby. "Help me move this."

Sam and Bobby moved Samuel's desk, revealing a trapdoor.

"I'll be damned," Bobby told them.

Ness knelt to the floor, opening the trapdoor.

§ 

Library

Ness, Catty, Sam, Dean and Bobby climbed down ladder into the library, looking around.

"Welcome to the Campbell family library," Sam told them.

"So, Samuel collected all this stuff, huh?" Catty asked.

"Apparently," Sam answered.

"Wow," Ness told them. "All right, well, what are we looking for?"

"Well, anything that'll put a run in the Octomom's stockings," Bobby answered. "Pick a row."

All of them started looking through the books in the library.

§ 

Later

They read and researched for hours, sitting at the table in the middle of the room.

"Bingo," Bobby told them. "Any of you jokers ever heard anything about a Phoenix?"

"River, Joaquin, or the giant flaming bird?" Dean asked.

"It says here that the ashes of a Phoenix can burn the mother," Bobby told them.

"The mother?" Sam repeated.

"Great," Dean told them. "Where do we get one?"

"You got me," Bobby told them. "I thought it was a myth."

"All right, great," Catty told them sarcastically. "Well, let's see if we can find something out about a Phoenix."

They started to look through the books again.

§ 

Later

Dean, Catty, Sam and Bobby were sitting at the table, still researching.

Ness walked toward them. sitting down across from Sam. "Guy. Guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, check this out." She started to read from the book she was holding. "'March 5, 1861. Sunrise, Wyoming. Gun killed a Phoenix today. Left a pile of smoldering ash."

"Really?" Sam asked. "Whose gun?"

"Colt's," Ness answered.

"Colt?" Sam repeated. "Colt, like—"

"Like the Colt," Ness answered. "From..." She held up the book, grinning. "Samuel Colt's Journal."

"What?" Sam asked, smiling. "That's his?"

"Yeah," Ness answered.

"Dude, no," Sam told her.

"Dude, yes," Ness told him.

Sam reached for the journal. "Well, let me see it."

Ness pulled it out of reach. "Get your own."

Dean smirked. "Nerds."

Sam and Ness looked at Dean, unbothered.

"Well, what else did he say about the Phoenix?" Bobby asked. "What does it look like? Has it got feathers?"

"It just says, 'Phoenix'," Ness told them.

"Did he say where he tracked it?" Bobby asked.

"No," Ness answered.

"All right, so I guess we got to find one of our own, whatever it is," Sam told them.

"I know where we can find one," Dean told them, stepping closer to Ness, taking the journal from her. "March 5, 1861. Sunrise, Wyoming. We'll 'Star Trek IV' this bitch."

Sam, Catty and Ness exchanged a look.

"I only watched 'Deep Space Nine'," Bobby told them.

"It's like I don't even know you guys anymore," Dean told them. "'Star Trek IV'. Save the whales." 

Sam, Bobby and Catty shrugged. 

Ness gestured from Sam to herself sarcastically. "Right, and we're the nerds."

Dean smiled sarcastically, sitting next to Ness. "We hop back in time, we join up with Samuel Colt, we hunt the Phoenix, and then we haul the ashes back home with us."

"Time travel?" Catty asked.

"Yeah," Dean answered.

"That's a reasonable plan?" Catty asked.

"We got a couple friends who can swing it," Dean told them. Catty tilted her head, looking away. Dean noticed. "What?"

"Dude, Heavenly Civil War," Catty told him. "Or do you guys just keep forgetting about that?"

"Whatever," Dean told her, standing, praying. "Castiel. Octavia. The, uh, fate of the world is in the balance. So, come on down here. Cas, Ava, come on. I Jeannie and Genie your asses down here pronto. Please." Octavia appeared, seeing alcohol on the table, walking toward it. Dean looked at Octavia. "Oh, hey, Jeannie. Where's Genie?" Octavia poured herself a drink. Castiel appeared. Dean looked at Castiel. "Oh, hey, Genie."

Castiel was confused. Octavia took a drink.

Sam looked at Octavia in confusion. "Since when do you drink, Ava?"

"Since now," Octavia answered, looking at Castiel, taking a drink.

Castiel looked at the others. "Now, what do you need?"

§ 

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Bobby's House - Library

Bobby, Ness, Sam and Catty were sitting at the desk, which was surrounded with supplies.

"Where the hell's Dean?" Bobby asked.

"Supply run, he said," Ness answered. "I don't know."

Octavia and Castiel were standing nearby.

"Um, about your plan," Octavia told them. "You'll only have 24 hours."

"Wait," Catty told them. "What? Why?"

"Well, the answer to your question can best be expressed as a series of partial differential equations, Catty," Castiel told her.

"Yeah, aim lower, Cas," Catty told him.

"The further back we send you, the harder it becomes to retrieve you," Octavia explained. "24 hours is all we can risk. If we don't pull you home within that time, you'll be lost." She looked at Catty. "The first time you traveled into the past took several Angels' powers, and that was in the late 1970s." She looked from Sam to Catty. "Sending you three back to that same year took everything from only me and Cas. We're sending you further back this time. A lot further back."  

Dean walked in, carrying several large shopping bags. "Well, then we better get you two a watch."

"What the hell's all that?" Ness asked.

"We are going native," Dean told them. "Got to blend in."

Dean handed Sam, Catty and Ness each a bag. They were from 'Wally's Western World'.

"Uh, no, thanks," Sam told him. "I'm fine."

"Yeah, I second that notion," Catty told them.

"Guys," Dean told them.

"Dean, we can—we can wear what we're wearing now," Ness told him.

"And look like spacemen?" Dean asked.

"Look, just because you're obsessed with all that Wild West stuff—" Catty started.

"No, I'm not," Dean told them.

"You have a fetish," Ness told him.

"Shut up," Dean told them. "I like old movies."

"You can recite every Clint Eastwood movie ever made, line for line," Sam told him.

"Even the monkey movies?" Bobby asked.

"Yeah," Catty answered. "Especially the monkey movies."

"His name is Clyde," Dean told them. He looked at Sam. "At least wear the damn shirt."

Dean looked at Ness and Catty, smirking.

"You love to make me look like an idiot in these stupid costumes, don't you?" Catty asked.

Dean nodded. "It's a problem."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure you playing doll with Ness is not to make her look stupid," Catty told him.

Dean shrugged. Ness pressed her lips together.

"Hey, be thankful I didn't get you saloon girl costumes," Dean told them. He looked at Castiel. "Though, I'm sure you wouldn't have minded Catty in that."

Castiel looked confused. Catty rolled her eyes, looking away. Ness was trying not to smirk, giving Dean a look. Dean smirked.

§ 

Later

Sam, Dean, Catty and Ness walked downstairs. Sam was wearing a whit shirt embroidered with yellow roses, a cowboy and normal jeans. Catty and Ness were wearing the western outfits. Dean was wearing a full-on nerd-like western outfit, complete with a cowboy hat, black shirt, black jeans, cowboy boots, and stripped and embroidered serape the covered him like a blanket. Octavia smirked in amusement.

"Dean, this is stupid," Sam told him. "I look stupid."

"You going to a hoedown?" Bobby asked.

Castiel looked at Dean. "Now, is it—is it customary to wear a blanket?"

"It's a serape," Dean told them. "And, yes. It's, uh... Never mind. Let's just go." He looked at the gold watches and chains in Ness' brown and black fringe bag that they had taken from the Dragons in 6.12 Like a Virgin. "Ness, what's this?"

"Where we're going, they don't take plastic," Ness told them.

"I'll send you back to March 4th," Octavia told them. "That should give you time to find the Colt... and this Phoenix creature."

Ness looked at Bobby, Castiel and Octavia, pulling the bag over her shoulder. "All right, well, see you at High Noon tomorrow."

Octavia put two fingers to Sam and Dean's foreheads. Castiel put two fingers to Catty and Ness' foreheads.

§ 

March 4th, 1861

Sunrise, Wyoming

Day - Road

Sam, Dean, Catty and Ness appeared, looking around.

Dean smirked. "Oh, now we're talking."

§ 

Now

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Bobby's House - Library

Castiel and Octavia looked at Bobby.

"We have to go," Castiel told him.

"What about getting Sam, Catty, Dean and Ness back?" Bobby asked.

"Pray for us in 24 hours, and we'll return," Octavia told him.

Castiel and Octavia disappeared, leaving.

Bobby set a timer for 24 hours. "I'll pray for all of us."

§ 

March 4th, 1861

Sunrise, Wyoming

Road

Sam, Dean, Catty and Ness walked along.

"All right," Dean told them. "Let's go find Samuel Colt." Ness set the timer on her watch to 24 hours. "Hey, we should try the Saloon first, uh, see what we get from the locals."

"Sure," Sam told him, chuckling. "Whatever, Sundance." He took a step right into a pile of horse manure. "Oh, damn it. Come on."

"You know what that is?" Dean asked.

"Yeah," Sam answered. "It's horse—"

"Authenticity," Dean told them.

Sam groaned.

§ 

Town Square

Sam, Dean, Catty and Ness walked into the center of town, seeing a hanging taking place. The cowboy that had been involved in the duel with Dean from the beginning stood on the stage with iron handcuffs, a noose around his neck, surrounded by other men.

"We stand here today, March 4th, 1861, to execute justice upon Elias Finch for the murder of his own wife," the judge told them.

"Wow," Ness told them. "Talk about authenticity."

"Sentence handed down by myself, Tye Mortimer, duly appointed judge of the Wyoming circuit," the judge told them. "You will be hung by your neck until you die."

"You got anything to say?" Sheriff asked.

"You're gonna burn for this," Elias told them. "Every one of you."

The other man on the stage pulled the lever that released the trapdoor, making Elias fall toward the ground, the noose around his neck hanging him, killing him. The crowd gasped.

"Good times," Dean told them. "So, where do we find Sammy Colt?"

"No idea," Sam told them. "Huh." Mortimer and the Sheriff walked down the steps of the hanging platform. "I think I know who to ask, though."

A man turned to face them, looking at Dean's attire. "Nice blanket." Dean was disappointed, taking off his serape. The man looked at Catty and Ness. "Little daring, dressing as men, no?"

"We've done far more with far less," Catty told him, walking away. 

Ness smirked, following Catty.

§ 

Jail

Sam, Dean, Catty and Ness walked into the jail to find Sheriff.

"Sheriff?" Catty asked. "Can we have a word?"

"Depends who's asking," Sheriff told them.

"Marshal Eastwood," Dean told him. "Clint Eastwood." He gestured to Ness. "Belle Star. She's an expert." He gestured to Sam. "This is Walker. He's a Texas Ranger." He gestured to Catty. "This here is, uh, Annie Oakley. She's a sharpshooter."

"Anything you can do, I can do better," Catty told them.

"So, what can I do for you?" Sheriff asked.

"Uh, we're looking for a man," Sam told him.

Mortimer walked closer. "I'll bet." He gestured to Dean. "Nice shirt, there."

"What's wrong with my shirt?" Dean asked.

"You're very clean," Mortimer told him.

"It's dirtier than it looks," Dean told them.

"We need to find Samuel Colt," Ness told them. "Do you know him?"

"The gun maker?" Sheriff asked.

"Yeah," Ness answered. "Is he in town?"

"Not that I know of," Sheriff told them. "Might try asking Elkins over at the Saloon. Been here longer than God."

Dean tipped his hat. Sam, Dean, Catty and Ness walked out of the station.

§ 

Saloon

Ness, Catty, Sam and Dean walked in, looking around to see a drunk passed out at a table and two saloon girls standing nearby, the bartender cleaning the bar. It was completely quiet.

"This is not awesome," Dean told them.

Sam patted Dean's shoulder. They walked toward the bartender.

"Hi," Sam told him.

"What'll you have?" the bartender asked.

"Oh, uh, okay," Dean told him. "Great. I'll have your top-shelf whiskey."

"Only have the one shelf," the bartender told them.

"That'll do just fine," Dean told him. He pointed at Ness, Catty and Sam. "And they'll have a sarsaparilla."

"You Elkins?" Ness asked.

"One and only," Elkins answered.

"You know a man named Samuel Colt?" Ness asked.

"He passed through here about four years ago," Elkins told them.

"He still around?" Sam asked.

"Rumor is, he's building a railroad stop 20 miles out of town, just by the Postal road," Elkins explained. "Middle of nowhere."

Catty looked at Ness, Sam and Dean, whispering. "The Devil's Gate?"

"Location fits," Ness told them.

A saloon girl walked toward them, a cold sore on her lip, looking at Sam and Dean, her teeth yellow. "Howdy, boys."

"Darla's my best girl," Elkins told them.

Darla stood in front of Sam. "Try me. You want a kiss?"

Sam leaned away from Darla. 

Dean groaned. "S—so much more germier than I pictured."

Mortimer walked in. "Darla!"

"Ah," Darla told them. "Judge." She turned to face him. "Nice to see you."

"I thought we had a date," Mortimer told her.

Darla looked at Sam and Dean, disappointed to leave, walking toward the stairs, starting to walk up, winking at them. Mortimer tipped his hat toward them, following Darla upstairs.

"Wow, that was a close one," Sam told them.

"Yeah," Catty told them.

Dean took a drink of whiskey, spitting it into the glass in disgust. "Oh. It's like gasoline."

Ness took a drink. "Sarsaparilla ain't half bad."

§ 

Darla's Room

Darla fell back onto the bed. Mortimer laid over her, kissing her neck. Darla looked away in boredom, seeing something, gasping.

§ 

Downstairs

Ness, Catty, Dean and Sam heard Darla screaming, running upstairs.

§ 

Darla's Room

(Song:) Hero - Federale

Darla ran away to the corner of the room. Elias appeared, putting a hand on Mortimer's chest, using magic to burn him alive, making him scream and die. Ness, Catty, Sam and Dean ran inside to find Darla in the corner. On the bed, there was only a smoldering skeleton, half turned to ash. They didn't know what to make of this.

(Song Ends)

§ 

Sheriff was here with them in the same room, in shock.

"You okay, Sheriff?" Ness asked.

"'Course I'm okay," Sheriff told them.

"It was a Ghost!" Darla told them.

"It wasn't a Ghost," Sheriff told them. "Unless Ghosts leave footprints."

Sheriff gestured to the floor where there were dark footprints leading out of the room.

"I am telling you, Elias Finch was here," Darla told them. "He did... that, and then he walked out that door."

"Rope didn't kill him," Sheriff told them. "Seen it before."

"Well, you got any idea where he could be?" Sam asked.

"Could be a thousand places," Sheriff told them.

"Well, you got a way to flush him out?" Dean asked.

Sheriff nodded. "'Course. We're gonna form a posse. Then we're gonna string Finch up right. Put a bullet in his head for good measure."

"That actually sounds like a good plan," Dean told him.

"You four should come along," Sheriff told them. "Meet downstairs at dawn."

"Yeah, we'll be there," Dean told him.

"Get yourselves some real gear first, huh?" Sheriff asked, walking away, leaving.

"Well, I think we ought to pay our respects to Finch," Catty told them.

Sam nodded. "I was thinking the same thing."

§ 

Night - Cemetery

Dean, Ness, Sam and Catty looked at Elias' empty grave, looking as if he had crawled out.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Sam asked.

"Rose from the ashes, burned up its victim?" Ness asked. "You know, maybe we're not looking for a flaming bird. Maybe the Phoenix is actually walking around in cowboy boots."

"That makes sense, right?" Sam asked. "Could be Finch. So, question is, how do we put this thing out?"

"Well, we do know one thing that'll kill freaking anything, right?" Dean asked.

"Yeah," Catty answered. "The Colt."

"So, you go get the gun," Dean told her.

"But isn't the gun coming here?" Catty asked. "I mean, according to Samuel Colt's journal?"

"Yeah, but people here barely even know who Colt is," Sam told her. "Cat, maybe you and I got to go find him and make history."

Catty nodded.

"Ness and I'll stay here, hook up with the posse," Dean told them. "'Cause you know me. I'm a posse magnet. I mean, I love posse. Make that into a T-shirt."

"You done?" Ness asked.

Dean nodded.

"Look, the problem is, Colt's 20 miles outside of town," Catty told them. "How are Sam and I supposed to get there and back before noon?"

They heard a horse neighing in the distance.

Ness looked at Sam and Catty. "Ride 'em, cowboy and girl."

§ 

Later

Sam, Dean, Catty and Ness bought two horses from a keeper.

Catty petted the brown horse on the white hair on his nose. "Yeah, good boy. Good boy." She got onto the horse, holding the reigns. "Yeah. This actually feels all right."

Sam got onto the black horse clumsily.

"All right, take it—just take it easy," Dean told him.

"Yeah, you bet," Sam told them. "I'm good. All right, 11:00 AM, right?"

"Don't be late," Ness told them.

"Okay," Catty told them.

"All right," Dean told them. "Go on. Go."

(Song:) Hero - Federale

Catty took the reigns, whipping them a little, making the horse gallop away.

Sam tried to do the same, but it was awkward. The horse he was riding didn't go as fast or as smooth. "I'm okay!"

Dean and Ness watched them go.

Ness chuckled. "That poor black horsie."

Dean smirked.

§ 

Night - Road

Catty's horse galloped away. Sam's horse followed slowly behind. Sam whipped the reigns a little, making it go faster, but still not as smooth.

(Song Ends)

§ 

Sheriff's Station - Outside

Sheriff walked toward his horse, getting ready to leave. Elias walked closer. The horse was startled and terrified, running away, leaving. Sheriff saw Elias, drawing his gun, shooting him in the chest to no avail. Elias took off his gloves, unharmed.

"Forgive me," Sheriff told him. "I'm sorry."

"You had your chance," Elias told him. "Tell it to the judge."

Elias gripped the Sheriff's throat, using magic to burn him alive, making him scream and die and turn to ash.

§ 

Now

Day Two

Morning - Warehouse

Castiel was standing alone, expressionless, almost cold, turning to face a blonde woman. "Rachel. You summoned me here?"

"I know, Castiel," Rachel told him.

"You know what?" Castiel asked.

"You know," Rachel told him. Castiel looked away. "We put our faith in you, and... look what you're turning into."

"I don't have a choice," Castiel told her.

"Then neither do I," Rachel told him, slashing an Angel Blade toward Castiel.

Castiel ducked. Rachel stabbed Castiel in the chest. Castiel held her wrists back enough to where the blade with enter his heart, groaning a scream of pain, pulling the blade out, backhand punching Rachel in the face, making her fall into a nearby mechanism. He could barely stand, letting his own blade slip out of his sleeve into his hand. Rachel saw her blade on the floor, grabbing it, standing. They circled around each other. Castiel slashed toward her. Rachel backed away enough to make him miss, raised her blade to stab him. Castiel raised his blade to block her move. Rachel twisted their linked blades to push Castiel onto the ground. Castiel slashed toward her ankles. Rachel backed away enough to make him miss, stepping onto his blade so he couldn't use it, grabbing the back of Castiel's head, raising her blade to finish him off. Castiel caught it, turning it around on Rachel, staking her in the chest from behind, letting her fall to the ground. Light exploded out of Rachel's body. Her wings seared onto the concrete on either side of her. Castiel was weak and injured, breathing heavily, glaring at the body. He looked at his wound in his chest to see it was glowing white.

§ 

Bobby's House - Library

Bobby was sitting at his desk, researching. The timer said three hours left. Castiel appeared in the kitchen, bleeding.

Bobby stood from the desk, running toward him. "What the hell is going on? Cas?"

§ 

Kitchen

 Castiel drew a Sigil on the kitchen cabinet, weak and wounded.

 "Where's Ava?" Bobby asked. "Are we running or fighting?" Castiel fell unconscious into Bobby's arms. "Balls."

§ 

March 5th, 1861

Day - Saloon

(Song:) Hero - Federale

Dean walked in, dressed as a normal cowboy from this time.

Ness was sitting at the bar, in different clothes as well, looking over her shoulder toward Dean as he walked closer, whistling. "My, my, my. Dean, you look different. Let me guess. New hat."

"Ha, smartass," Dean told her. Ness smiled. "I look good, Ness."

Ness smirked. "Yeah, you do."

Dean smirked. "You do, too, Nessie."

Ness smiled. She looked at Elkins behind the bar, holding up her empty glass. "Can I get another?"

Elkins walked closer, taking her glass, filling it.

Dean looked at Ness. "Another what?"

"Sarsaparilla," Ness answered.

"Another what?" Dean asked.

"Sars--" Ness started, realizing that Dean was purposefully getting her to say it again, giving Dean a look. "Dean."

Dean chuckled. He looked at Elkins. "Where's the posse? We must be early."

Elkins put the glass in front of Ness. "Or you two are the only greenhorns dumb enough to go chasing after a Ghost."

"What are you talking about?" Dean asked. "Sheriff's tough as nails. He'll be here."

They heard a man's voice from outside the saloon. "Oh, God! The Sheriff's dead!" 

Ness looked at Dean. "Or not."

§ 

Outside

Dean, Ness and Elkins looked at the pile of ash and bones with the Sheriff's badge on top.

"Great," Ness told them sarcastically. "Who's the Sheriff now?"

Elkins picked up the badge, pinning it on Dean.

"What?" Dean asked. "What--"

"Now..." Elkins trailed off. "Congratulations, Sheriff."

Dean and Ness exchanged a look.

§ 

Man's House

A man was sitting at his desk, drinking. Footsteps approached from outside the house. The man looked up. Two men walked in.

"Samuel Colt," Man 1 told him.

"You have the wrong drunk, gentlemen," Samuel told them. "Have a nice day."

"We've been looking for you, Colt," Man 1 told him.

"And who might 'we' be?" Samuel asked. The two men let their eyes turn completely, Demon black, letting them return normal. "Listen... I've long since hung it up. I'm tired, and I'm too damn old for this, and I'm sure as hell not looking for any trouble."

"Well, it's found you anyway," Demon 1 told him. "We know you built that Devil's Gate, Colt. So you're gonna open it for us. That is, if you fancy keeping your lungs in your chest."

"Walk away, gentlemen," Samuel told them.

"Well, I think we'd rather rip you to ribbons, you soft--" Demon 1 started.

Samuel stood, drawing the Colt, shooting Demon 1 in the chest, killing him, shooting Demon 2 in the chest, killing him, watching their bodies spark. He looked at a broken bottle of alcohol on the floor. "Ah, that's a shame. A damn shame."

§ 

House - Deputy's Room

A Deputy was packing his suitcase. There was a knock on the door.

The Deputy drew a gun. "Who's there?"

Ness' voice came from the other side. "Candygram from Mongo." The Deputy walked closer, aiming a gun at Ness. Ness was aiming a gun at the Deputy. "Howdy, pilgrim."

"I ain't no pilgrim," the Deputy told her.

"All right, back up," Ness told him. The Deputy backed away. Ness walked in, gesturing to the Deputy's gun. "Is that any way to, uh... greet a lady?" The Deputy scoffed, lowering his gun. Ness put her gun in the holster on her belt. "Missed you at the meeting this morning. Me and your new boss were a two-show wolf pack, thanks to you." The Deputy continued to pack the suitcase. "What's going on here?"

"Going to visit my sister," the Deputy told her.

"Well, she'll have to wait," Ness told him.

"But if I don't--" the Deputy started.

"Finch said he was coming back for the former Sheriff, Judge Mortimer, and you," Ness told him. "That's two down and one to go."

"Then just let me go," the Deputy told her.

"You really think you can outrun him?" Ness asked. "He is going to kill you. Unless..."

The Deputy stepped closer. "Unless what?"

"Unless we gank him first," Ness answered.

"'Gank'?" the Deputy repeated. "What's 'gank'? Miss, you're crazy. No way. You're on your own."

"I'm not asking you to throw down with him," Ness told him. "I'm asking you to play your part."

"My part?" the Deputy repeated.

"Yeah," Ness answered. "Bait."

§ 

Samuel's House

Samuel walked in with a shovel, putting it down. The lock was picked. Sam and Catty walked in, looking around.

"Hello?" Catty asked. Samuel threw Holy Water into Catty's face. "Okay, not a Demon." Samuel threw Holy Water into Sam's face. "He's not a Demon, either. Just—Just hunters. Sheesh."

"You're what?" Samuel asked.

"You Samuel Colt?" Catty asked. "My name is Catty Winchester. This is my brother, Sam. We're hunters from the year 2011."

"Prove it," Samuel told her. Catty took out her Blackberry phone, handing it to Samuel. Samuel took it, looking it over, walking toward his desk. "All right."

Samuel placed Catty's phone behind his desk on the shelf.

"A—All right?" Sam repeated. "That's, uh, that's it?"

Samuel grabbed a bottle of alcohol, pouring himself a glass. "Well, when you've done this job as long as I have... a woman and a man from the future with some magic brick doesn't exactly give you the vapors."

"We need your help killing a Phoenix," Sam told him.

"A Phoenix?" Samuel repeated. "They exist?"

"Well, you shoot one in about three hours," Sam told him.

"If you say so," Samuel told them.

"We don't," Sam told him. "You do."

Sam handed Samuel Colt's journal to Samuel Colt.

Samuel looked at his two journals lying on top of each other. "That's... I'm either too drunk or not drunk enough. So, what is it I'm about to exactly do?"

"Well, the Phoenix is in Sunrise, so, uh, if we leave now, you can—" Catty started.

"I appreciate your situation, but I'm not gonna be of any help to you," Samuel told them. "I'm booked."

"Right, but—but you say right here—" Catty started.

"Don't believe everything that you read," Samuel told them.

"But you're a hunter," Sam told him.

"Retired," Samuel told them.

"There's no such thing," Sam told him.

"I'm out," Samuel told them.

"I have been born and raised in this life, and I have tried to get out, believe me," Catty told him. "But I couldn't. I was just dragged back in. There is no getting out. Look, for what it's worth, in our time, you're a hero."

"Me?" Samuel asked.

"Yes, sir," Catty answered. Samuel laughed. "Now, look, we—we need to kill this Phoenix. Its ashes are the only thing that can kill the monster we're hunting. So stow your crap for a few hours, and let's go. We got to go now. So, either you're coming with us, or I need the gun."

"What gun?" Samuel asked.

"The gun," Sam answered.

"Oh, that gun," Samuel told them. "I lost it in a game of Stud."

"You're lying," Catty told him.

"Am I?" Samuel asked, chuckling in amusement. "Now, that doesn't sound like me."

"You shot a couple of Demons with it less than an hour ago," Catty told him.

"How do you figure?" Samuel asked.

Catty pointed toward the door. "Two pairs of bootprints. Cabin reeks of sulfur."

Samuel nodded in slight approval. "Not bad." He opened his jacket to show them the Colt in his holster. "You don't want it. It's a curse. Believe me."

"Great," Sam told him. "Then let us take it off your hands."

"You go put a few more miles and come back, and we'll talk," Samuel told them.

"Trust me, we've got plenty of mileage," Sam told him.

"I'm doing you a favor," Samuel told them. "Believe me."

"So, what?" Sam asked. "You can really just sit there?"

"I've given my whole life to this," Samuel told them. "I'm done."

"So it doesn't matter what happens?" Catty asked what sounded like a statement.

"No, it doesn't," Samuel answered.

"So, everything you did, it all means nothing?" Catty asked. Samuel didn't answer. "Give me the gun."

§ 

Now

Bobby's House - Library

The timer said an hour left. Castiel was awake, organizing a summoning spell.  A bowl was filled with various materials, most of them akin to leaves, herbs or petals set before a circular Sigil. The Sigil itself was separated by four lines into four areas or quadrants. Each quadrant contained a different Enochian symbol or letter. Outside the circle, four other Enochian symbols were written. Four lit candles were placed atop the four quadrants, and four other objects were placed at the farthest points outside the circle. A trinket placed near the bowl was also required.

"Cas, you--you look like you went 12 rounds with truckasaurus," Bobby told him. "You sure that you can do this?"

Castiel added myrrh and intones. "No. But I know who can."

Bobby nodded. "Ava."

Castiel took Bobby's wrist, cutting his hand, adding human blood to the summoning spell. He took a match, lighting it, dropping it into the bowl, setting it aflame.

Octavia appeared in the doorway behind them, leaning against it. "Prayer phone works just fine."

Castiel sat back onto the window seat, holding his wound. "We... couldn't risk being heard."

Octavia walked closer, confused and concerned. "What happened to you?"

"I was, uh..." Castiel trailed off. "I was betrayed. Rachel, uh... Raphael... he corrupted her. She turned on me." Octavia took this in. "She's... dead. I... was wounded."

"Now that the explanation's over with, can you get a move on?" Bobby asked. "We can't just strand those idjits in Deadwood, can we?"

Castiel looked up. "Ava, I'm too weak. It's up to you."

Octavia sighed, knowing that they were right, and knowing the toll it would take.

§  

March 5th, 1861

Sheriff's Station

The Deputy was in the jail cell. Dean was standing outside the bars.

Ness was leaning against the desk, looking at her watch to see the time ticking down to 30 minutes. "Never been late in your damn lives, and now you're dragging ass?"

"So, this is your big plan, huh?" the Deputy asked. "Just let me rot in here till Finch comes?"

"Pretty much," Dean answered. "Why's he gunning for you, anyway?"

"I guess you missed the part where we hung him," the Deputy told them.

"No, I'm thinking to a thing like Finch, that's no big whoop," Dean told him. "He would've just blown town, but he came back. That seems personal."

"I'll tell you what," the Deputy told them. "You let me out of here, and we'll talk."

Dean clicked his tongue. "No can do."

Elias walked in, looking at Dean and Ness. "Open up that cell."

Ness pushed away from the desk, turning to face Elias. "Open it yourself. You melt people's faces off. I'll bet you got the juice to tear that apart easy, don't you? Unless you can't. Just like you couldn't break those cuffs when they strung you up." She was holding a nail, throwing it toward Elias. Elias caught it by reflex, groaning in pain, dropping it, revealing his hand was burning. "Iron shackles, iron bars, iron nail." Ness smirked smugly. "See a pattern? Don't worry. Most creatures I meet can't get it up for iron. It's a common monster problem."

Elias looked from Dean to Ness. "So, you're hunters."

"Slash Sheriff and Deputy," Dean told him.

Elias nodded to the Deputy. "You know what this son of a bitch did?"

"Do tell," Ness told him.

"I was married to a woman," Elias told them. "Good woman, Human. We lived outside of town. Didn't bother anyone."

"Sure," Dean told him. "Freak with a heart of gold."

"You want to call me 'monster', fine," Elias told them. "But all we did was go into town. I go into the bank for five minutes. I come out, she's gone. And then I heard her scream." He exhaled sharply, looking at the Deputy in hate. "This... man had her pinned in the alley. I go to stop him, he pulls his gun, shoots me, then her. She died in my arms. 'Course, I don't die. The shots brought the Sheriff. Next thing I know, I'm in iron. That's why I want him just where he is. Trapped, scared. I saved the best for last."

Dean looked at the Deputy. "Is that true?"

The Deputy didn't answer.

Elias looked at Dean and Ness. "So, tell me. Are you really willing to die to protect this piece of filth?"

"Honestly, I couldn't care less about him," Dean told him. "He's a dick and a coward."

"Hey!" the Deputy told him in defense.

Ness ignored him, looking at Elias. "But this ain't about him. We know what you are."

"Really?" Elias asked.

"Yeah," Ness answered. "So, we got to kill you."

"Well, if you know what I am, then you know you can't," Elias told them, grabbing the Deputy's gun from where his holster hung on the wall, shooting the Deputy through the bars, killing him, making him fall.

Ness shook her head. "Wow. We should've seen that coming."

Elias started to fire at Dean and Ness. Dean and Ness ran toward a nearby window, shattering through it to dodge the bullets, leaving.

§  

Outside

Ness and Dean stood. Elias walked out toward them. Ness and Dean ran down an alley, hiding behind a building, guns drawn. Catty and Sam ran closer.

"Guys, come on, come on!" Ness told them. Catty and Sam hid against the building next to them. "Hey, where's Colt?"

"He's not coming," Catty told them.

"What?" Dean demanded.

"But he sent this," Catty told them, taking the Colt out from her holster.

Dean smiled. "Oh. Hello, beautiful. Annie, give me your gun."

Catty handed the Colt to Dean.

"All right," Sam told them.

"Come on," Dean told them.

"Yeah," Sam agreed.

They walked along.

(Song:) The Hanging - Federale

Dean walked out into the open. "Get out here, Finch!"

Sam, Catty and Ness stayed by the nearby corner of a building.

"What are you doing?" Sam demanded.

"Come on!" Dean called. "Let's do this!"

Elias walked out into the open. "So, this is how you want to die. Fine."

Elias faced down with Dean.

§  

Now

Bobby's House - Library

There was a minute left on the timer. Octavia leaned forward against desk, steadying herself, closing her eyes, focusing so hard to bring them back, knowing it would take a few moments to get enough power up to do so.

§  

March 5th, 1861

Town Square

A noose was hanging from a gallows. A woman peered toward them through a window. Dean and Elias faced each other from several feet apart, opening their coats, having their hands ready to draw their guns. A man watched them through a window. Dean looked up. A clock struck noon. Dean and Elias looked up, drawing their guns, shooting. Dean shot Elias in the chest with the Colt. Elias looked down at his wound, his body glowing as he died, stunned, bursting into flames, screaming in agony, burning into nothing but a pile of ashes.

Dean raised the barrel of the Colt, blowing the smoke away. "Yippee-ki-yay, mother..."

§ 

Now

Bobby's House - Library

Octavia was overwhelmed with power, having to keep herself standing against the desk. She opened her eyes, breathing deeply. Her eyes were glowing bluish-white from within. Bobby stepped forward to help her. Castiel grabbed his arm to stop him, knowing he needed to stay back. The glow in Octavia's eyes intensified.

§ 

March 5th, 1861

Town Square

Catty noticed the clocked showed noon. "Guys! The ashes!"

Dean, Sam, Catty and Ness ran toward the ashes. Ness took a bottle out of her pocket, sliding toward the ashes. She gathered some in the bottle, enough to fill, looking up at Sam, Dean and Catty, smiling triumphantly.

§ 

Now

Bobby's House - Library

Octavia kept her standing against the desk, the light and glowing of her power fading into nothing. Sam, Dean, Ness and Catty appeared behind Octavia, next to Castiel and Bobby. Octavia turned to face them, breathing heavily, nearly falling from exertion.

Sam caught Octavia before she fell, holding her standing. "Ava? You okay?"

"Define okay," Octavia told him. Sam helped Ava sit down in a chair. Octavia shook her head tiredly. "Sam, I never want to do that again."

Ness looked at the full bottle of ashes.

Bobby looked at the ashes. "Is that what I think it is?"

Ness smiled. "Ashes of a Phoenix. You know what this means?"

"Yeah, Ness, it means, Cas didn't almost die and I didn't waste all that power for nothing," Octavia told her.

"Yes," Ness agreed. "And... it means we take the fight to her."

Castiel, Bobby, Sam, Dean, Ness, Catty and Octavia exchanged a look. Dean pulled his cowboy hat on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271 5 9
"Not only do I not like people, I cannot stand the life I'm living. This was not what I had planned whenever teachers asked me what I wanted to be. C...
31.1K 861 10
This is the start of a story about a girl named Vanessa "Ness" Singer. She is Bobby's daughter, and also a hunter that actually has a home and a job...
8.8K 486 28
"𝙇𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙨𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝟲𝟳 𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙫𝙮 𝙄𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙡𝙖, 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩. 𝘼𝙘𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮...
21.7K 518 23
Ness Singer is about to lose everything that she had counted on for most of her life. She lost her job in the last book, when the demons had come to...