Learning to Love

By DesiGirl123

Aman and Priya were forced to have an arranged marriage as part of a business deal made by their fathers. Am... More

Chapter 1- Aman
Chapter 2 Priya.
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50- Epilogue

Chapter 49

90.8K 2.4K 169
By DesiGirl123

      Aman stirred awake, careful not to move the arm that was draped over his wife's waist. He watched her silently. She looked absolutely beautiful. Her bare shoulder was peeking from beneath the covers, and her hair was still tousled from a long night of intimate lovemaking. Priya shifted in her sleep, as Aman removed his arm from around her and sat up. He decided he'd let her sleep in instead of teasing her awake in hopes of having morning sex. Aman got out of bed and made his way to the bathroom to take a shower. A nice long, hot shower is exactly what he needed right now.

Priya woke up to the sound of the shower running. She turned around and noticed that Aman was nowhere to be found. She blushed thinking about what they had done together last night. Sitting up, she pulled back the covers and wrapped the sheets around herself before getting up and getting dressed. She decided not to wear the fancy sari she'd had on the night before and wear a simpler one instead. It didn't matter to her what she wore. She was just waiting for Aman to finish showering so she could take one.

Aman turned off the water in the shower and reached out for a towel. He heard the gentle sound of bangles clinking together and slight shuffling around the bedroom. It sounded like Priya was awake. He gripped the towel, looking at it, as an idea formed in his mind.

"Priya!" Aman called loudly, hoping she'd hear him.

He paused waiting for an answer.

"Priya!" He called again, increasing the volume of his voice. "I forgot a towel. Can you bring me one please?"

Priya quickly got a towel and walked toward that bathroom. Her hand hovered over the door knob. She cautiously opened the door and faced away as she walked towards the shower.

"H-here," She held out the towel, still facing away from Aman.

He smirked, moving closer to her, but not taking the towel just yet.

"What's wrong, Priya? Can't even bear to look at me now? Even after what we did last night?" Aman teased.

Aman couldn't see her blush. He held onto the towel firmly and then tugged at her wrist, pulling her into the shower with him. Priya gasped when he pushed her up against the shower wall. He threw the towel so that it landed somewhere outside of the shower. He pushed his body up against hers, trapping her.

"Aman" Priya said quietly.

"You know what I regret about last night?" Aman said suddenly.

Priya's eyes shot up and met Aman's, shocked. She didn't regret anything about the beautiful night they spent together. It was perfect.

"I didn't get to see much of this beautiful body of yours." Aman whispered, smirking. Priya gasped when his hands suddenly gripped her waist. She thought back to last night, remembering how dark the room was.

Aman pulled back, looking at Priya. He turned on the water, drenching them both. He kissed her under the water. Priya immediately kissed back, letting Aman easily pin her arms against the shower wall, closing any distance that was between them. Priya felt Aman becoming more restless, more aroused as he kissed her deeper.

"Shower sex," Aman whispered, breaking the kiss. He meant it as a question but it came out as a statement. Now that the idea was in his mind, it was all he could think about.

"I don't know." Priya said unsurely.

Aman nipped at her neck with his lips, enjoying the hot water that showered down on them. Priya's drench skin glistened. His lips met hers again as he slyly slipped the drape of her sari off her shoulder. She wrapper her arms around Aman's neck. Aman's hands her fumbling with the fastening of her blouse. He turned her around, so that her back was against his chest and pulled off her blouse. She instinctively covered herself with her arms as Aman sucked on a spot on her neck, one arm placed around her waist. He turned her around again and kissed her hungrily.

Suddenly he pulled away, leaving Priya dazed.

"Shit!" Aman cursed.

"What?" Priya asked.

"Shit shit shit!" Aman quickly turned off the water and picked up one of the towels outside of the shower. He wrapped it around his waist before getting the second towel and wrapping it around Priya, covering her exposed chest.

"Aman," Priya said questioningly.

"I forgot! Get ready as fast as possible. Dress nice." Aman said.

"Why?" Priya asked, getting out of the shower and standing next to Aman.

"I'm not telling!" Aman smiled.

"Aman!" Priya whined. Hopefully, it wasn't another surprise.

"It's not a surprise." Aman said as if he could read her mind.

Before Priya finished sighing in relief, Aman spoke again.

"I just don't feel like telling you." He grinned.

Priya's jaw dropped. She looked at him in mock anger.

"Get ready quickly or we're gonna miss it." Aman said, stealing a kiss before leaving the bathroom so Priya could shower.

"Where are we going?" Priya asked for the upteenth time. She and Aman were sitting in the car an hour later.

"Priya, I'm not telling you. Stop asking." Aman laughed, getting into the driver's seat.

Priya pouted throughout the drive. It was an unusually short drive. Usually when Aman took her to an unknown location, it was located hours outside of the city. They pulled up in front of a large, intricate white building that seemed like a banquet hall.

The inside of the building was decorated intricately with gold and red curtains hanging from the ceiling, draped over the corners to give a rectangular room a softer look. In the center of the room was a grand chandelier. It was the only source of light, since all over of windows were covered by drapes. The chandelier was large enough to light up the entire room and give it a new life. The floors were spotless white marble. There were so many white and red roses decorating the room in small and large bouquets that not much else was needed to create a romantic ambience. Priya noticed a small instrumental ensemble in one corner. She looked around the room again. Obviously there was going to be an event held here, but she couldn't figure out what any of this had to do with her or Aman.

"Aman! I thought you weren't going to make it." Hiten came out of nowhere and greeted Aman and Priya. He was dressed in a fancy tuxedo.

"I would never miss this." Aman said. "When is she getting here?"

"Ten minutes. Damn! I'm so nervous." Hiten said.

Priya looked at the two best friends, still wondering what was going on. She assumed they were talking about Aditi arriving. Whatever event was going to happen in the hall seemed like it would only have the four of them as guests. She became suspicious, knowing that Hiten and Aman had planned something, but what?

"Hi, Bhabhi!" Hiten greeted Priya. "What do you think?" He gestured to the romantic and extravagant decorations.

"It's beautiful...but what's going on?" Priya asked.

"It my p-" Hiten started. Aman interrupted him before he could finish.

"Don't tell her anything, Hiten. It's more fun that way." Aman smiled.

Priya gave him an angry looked as he chuckled. He was having way too much fun with this.

"Damn, man, have a heart." Hiten commented.

"Hiten, she's here." Aman pointed to Aditi, who had just entered. He took Priya's hand and quickly led her away. The couple moved to the corner and stood behind a column, out of the way. Hiten disappeared to the second level, where a small balcony was located.

"Hiten!" Aditi called. The chandelier had been dimmed so that Aditi wouldn't be able to take in the full expanse of the decorations upon first entering. She was dressed in a black, sparkling, strapless floor length dress.

Suddenly a spotlight hit the balcony and Hiten appeared.

"Aditi, I've never ever felt this way about anyone before. Your smile lights up my life. We have so much fun together, and I can't imagine my life without you. You're so out of my league, I can't believe you actually talked to me, but I'm glad you did. I love you so much, more than I've ever loved anyone ever before. I can't love this like again, and I'll love you forever." As Hiten spoke, he walked down a small spiral staircase that was added to bring Hiten down from the balcony to ground level, where Aditi was. The spotlight followed him as he descended.

Once Hiten reached the lower floor, the chandelier lit up, brightening the room and showing off the beautiful decorations that adorned it. Aditi gasped as she looked around. Tears of joy started forming in her eyes as realization dawned on her. Hiten got on one knee and held out a ring box, containing an expensive ring with an incredibly large diamond.

"Even though I'm a useless idiot, will you marry me?" Hiten said.

Aditi couldn't control her tears. She lunged forward and embraced Hiten, causing him to fall over.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" She said as they fell on the floor. She kissed Hiten excitedly before the two started laughing at how silly they looked sprawled out on the ground. Hiten slipped the ring on Aditi's finger and they shared another kiss.

Aman looked on with pure happiness. He couldn't believe his best friend was ready to settle down with someone as wonderful as Aditi. More importantly, he was marrying the woman he loved. Aman felt a tinge of jealousy. He wished he could've had the opportunity to plan out an extravagant proposal for Priya. He wished that he'd loved her from the very beginning, so that they could've shared sweet moments together leading up to their impending marriage. He had heard that the time between engagement and marriage was unlike any other, and he'd missed out on that with Priya. She was a stranger, and he was unwilling to get married. Their wedding was quick. They didn't even have an engagement, and he never asked Priya to marry him.

"Congratulations!" Aman called out. He engulfed Hiten in a huge hug, while Priya congratulated Aditi.

"Oh my god! I'm gonna be a wife!" Aditi exclaimed. "Priya, please tell me how to keep this one in line." She teased, pointing at Aman.

"Of course! They aren't too difficult to tame....once you know how." Priya said.

Aman's jaw clenched in an effort to hide a smirk. He had a feeling that Priya was trying to be suggestive and it was turning him on. He pulled Priya towards him, letting Hiten and Aditi have their moment together.

"You think you've tamed me, huh?" Aman asked in a whisper.

"You're so well tamed, you don't even realize it." Priya countered.

Aman leaned in a kissed her quickly. Priya's eyes widened as she quickly glanced at Hiten and Aditi, hoping they didn't see.

"Damn! I can't believe I'm getting married. What did I just get myself into?" Hiten said more to himself than anyone else.

"You'll be okay." Aman offered. "Hiten, you're marrying the love of your life. Consider yourself lucky."

"You married the love of your life too. You just didn't know it at the time." Hiten said.

Aman stared at his best friend. He always made sense at the most unexpected times. Hiten was right. Priya was the love of Aman's life. He'd just learned to love Priya after marriage. He'd always thought that dating around was the way to find a wife. Hell, settling down was never what Aman wanted or so he thought. He looked over at Priya, thankful that she had entered his life. He loved her more than anything. Learning to love wasn't as difficult as he'd thought it would be. He never planned on falling in love, least of all with the wife he was forced to marry as part of a business deal, but he was happy he was lucky enough to find love.

HITEN IS GETTING MARRIED! AAAHHHH

ALSO, Shahid Kapoor just got married! Such a shock! His wife isn't famous or anything but they're SUCH a CUTE couple!!

I know I know! It's been MONTHS since the last update. I'm horrible! This IS the LAST chapter, but there WILL be an epilogue. Unfortunately, there will NOT be a sequel at least not right now. I know a lot of people have been asking, but I'd rather focus on my other story right now.

THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH for sticking with me through this story. My very first book has come to an end! Aman and Priya's journey is almost over. :(

Please do read my other story as well if you enjoyed this one. DON"T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!! Show Aman and Priya just how much you loved them and how much you'll miss them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Sweet Souls By Mysticc

General Fiction

8.3K 510 11
Beautiful tale of a hardworking women and a topmost CEO.They know eachother from last 4 years and the only relation they share now is purely professi...
261K 8.8K 13
Riya and Pratik are all set to get married. Where Riya is head over heels in love with Pratik, Pratik on the other hand still hasnt got over his past...
106K 6.3K 25
What happens if you love someone else and are forced to marry someone else? Same happened with Nandini Murthy. The girl who loved her boyfriend, Abh...
45.1K 6.6K 41
She embodies precisely what every boy desires in a partner-the epitome of 'beauty and brains.' He is the kind of guy every girl envisions-intelligent...