Rejected, Loved, Mated

By Estrellastar96

Lena Jordan is your typical college girl, working her way through school while getting as much of an educatio... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Blame
Chapter Two: Keep Going
Chapter Three: I Can't Believe I Did That
Chapter Four: Can't Stay Away
Chapter Five: Time
Chapter Six: Incident
Chapter Seven: Change
Chapter Eight: Bonfire
Chapter Nine: Stay
Chapter Ten: Closer
Chapter Twelve: Loved And Cherished
Chapter Thirteen: Trashed
Chapter Fourteen: Don't Think About Leaving
Chapter Fifteen: Family Picture
Chapter Sixteen: Shift And Clench
Chapter Seventeen: Heat And Mated
Chapter Eighteen: Big Problem
Chapter Nineteen: Jumpstart
Chapter Twenty: Stew
Chapter Twenty-One: Finally
Epilogue
Sequel *UPDATED*
**Announcement**

Chapter Eleven: Date

11.9K 395 21
By Estrellastar96

"What do you say to going out with me tonight?" Jasper asked suddenly while we were working to wash the dishes.

I had been convincing him, while I was living in the pack house, to do some of the little task around the house together when we were alone. We usually ended up not running into anybody so we did everything for ourselves despite the staff that he kept in the house.

"Um, tonight?" I asked, pretty shocked he was asking me out. He hadn't asked me out my entire stay in the pack house, I mean not entirely. He and I had our little movie stuff and we ate together but we hadn't had an official "date".

"Yeah, tonight. I know you're going to eventually go back to your place and..., I want us to be on our way in a good direction when that happens. I want the possibility of 'us' being a real thing." He shrugged, looking sheepishly down at me.

"I..., um, I don't know." I sighed. "Can I be completely honest with you?" I asked softly and he nodded. "The more I'm with you.., and my brothers, I just- I feel like I'm getting in too deep. I don't want to put roots down here just to have to cut them again. This place, these people, were once a part of my home and now..., now they aren't. I have some trust issues when it comes to you and everybody here and..., I don't want to be hurt again." I hesitated, stuttering through my little speech and dropping my head.

"Hey, come here." he said, coming closer and lifting my face so I looked at him. "Have I given you any indication that I would hurt you in the time you've been here? Do you honestly think I would hurt you on purpose after how close we've become? I know I'm a jackass and I hurt you before but I'm trying to change for you. Give me some credit here." He murmured softly.

"I do give you credit. You've been amazing since you told me that night that you were going to work on you so you were a better man for me. You truly have become amazing. No girls hanging off of you all the time. Most of the time I see you you're obviously with me or you're working. I really like the direction we're going. I..., yes, yes I'll go out with you tonight." I finally said with a nervous laugh.

"Really?" He smiled broadly. I nodded and he yelled out in celebration, lifting me up and twirling me around. "I promise this will be...., awesome." He grinned. "I'll see you later." He said, running out of the kitchen. "Wear something nice!" He yelled down to me as I wiped up the kitchen. I chuckled at the excitement in his voice and finished up.

Once I was done down in the kitchen, I headed up to my room to do homework and look for something to wear. I went through everything I had moved here over the weeks and finally found a pretty black dress with a bow in the center and tiny hearts printed on it. I moved to a suitcase of shoes I had brought and found my black suede, wedge heeled ankle-boots with a pump in the front.

My clothing selections were limited, even when I was at my apartment, but I did my best. Working and going to college didn't exactly mean I got to shop much, especially for nice things. All the clothes I had were gathered over the years and I worked hard to preserve them. I just hoped the outfit was going to be nice enough for whatever Jasper had planned.

I tried to work until I needed to get up and get dressed but I was nervous every time I thought about what was going to happen on the date. I was moving back to my apartment soon but this date could ruin the rest of my time here. I was only supposed to stay with Jasper for the two weeks that my door was supposed to take but, thanks to slow maintenance, they wouldn't have it done for another four days. Who takes three weeks to fix a door that still has its basic functions? It just can't be locked up too well.

At around six o'clock I was done trying to attempt to do my homework and decided to get dressed. I slipped in the shower, letting the warm water relax my muscles and calm my nerves. Once my shower was done, I picked out some lacy underwear and pretty black bra and slipped them on.

"Hmm, somebody's planning on Jasper seeing these tonight." Nina teased in my head. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, that wasn't why I was wearing nice underwear. Whatever. I thought back at her in reply, rubbing some lotion on so I didn't look ashy.

Once I was sure that I wasn't going to look all rusty then I headed into the bathroom to do my hair and apply some lipgloss and eye shadow, I didn't need much make-up. I straightened my hair, putting a slight curl in the bottom to give it a style then sprayed it with anti-humidifier to make sure it didn't puff up. By the time I slipped on my dress and my shoes, there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I yelled in the direction of the door as I looked for my smaller black purse that I kept with me just in case I needed something smaller.

"You look absolutely gorgeous." An amazed voice said behind me while I was transferring my stuff. I turned to see Cory, leaning against my closed door, racking his eyes over me.

"Thanks." I tried to grin. "Jasper's taking me out tonight and he said to dress up. Was there something you wanted?" I asked, checking the mirror one more time and walking towards the door, towards him.

"Uh, no. Not really. I just really wanted to see you. I hadn't realized you had plans." He finished just as a knock came on the door behind him.

"Excuse me." I said, gesturing for him to get out of the way so I could open the door.

Cory moved reluctantly and I opened the door to find a rather delicious looking Jasper. He wasn't wearing a full suit like he had been the night I met him but he was clad in a dark purple, button-up shirt, the sleeves rolled casually up to just above his forearms. The shirt was tucked into some black slacks with a pair of black dress shoes to finish it off. He had his signature diamond stud in his ear, a black belt around his waist, and a golden watch on his wrist. His hair had its usual waves going through it and he had a gorgeous smile on his plump lips.

"Wow, you look..., wow." He said in awe, looking me up and down.

"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself." I blushed. I heard somebody clear their throat and remembered Cory. "Oh sorry, Cory, did you need me? You said you just had wanted to see me, right?" I clarified. Jasper narrowed his eyes, looking from me to Cory.

"Am I interrupting something?" He inquired.

"Not that I know of." I shrugged, looking at Cory in question.

"No, of course not. Have fun on your date." Cory muttered, slipping out of the door. Jasper moved so he could leave and we both watched him walk down the hall until he disappeared.

"Hm, that was strange." I remarked then turned to Jasper.

"I don't like that guy being around you." He muttered, crossing his thick arms.

"He's just a friend." I sighed. "Are you ready to go or did you want to cancel?" I asked hesitantly, biting my lip.

"Of course I don't want to cancel. I just wasn't expecting him to be in your room is all. Let's just not let that mess things up. Are you ready?" He smiled and I nodded. He held out his hand for mine and I took it, closing my door behind me. He led me downstairs to his Mustang, opening my door for me then walking around the car and getting in himself.

"So where are we going?" I asked as he pulled out.

"You'll see." He smiled wickedly, a glint in his eyes. I chuckled, shaking my head at him and his excitement. "What's your favorite color?" He asked suddenly after a long stretch of silence.

"Um, purple actually. Not exactly your shirt color but similar." I smiled. "What about you? What's your favorite color?"

"It used to be red but now it's hazel, like your eyes. I'm kind of obsessed with the color now." I grinned, looking down as his face went red under his brown sugar skin. I smiled, trying not to blush and failing. "What's your favorite season?" He asked, trying to move on from his blushing moment.

From there on he asked me about countless stuff until we pulled up to a restaurant. He asked me about my favorite everything, from food to music to people. He had gotten in the habit of answering whatever question he asked me before he asked me because he knew I was just going to direct it back at him. Once we were at the restaurant, he paused to come open my door and lead me in.

Just inside the door stood a older gentleman in a tux who was writing something on a paper on the podium he stood behind. He looked up at our arrival and he smiled. This place was swanky but it wasn't exactly my taste. I shrugged, going along with everything because I wanted to truly enjoy myself.

"Ah, Mr. Carson, how lovely to see you again. Your table is ready for you." He smiled. "This way, sir." He said, gesturing for us to follow him. Jasper walked by my side, keeping his hand lightly on the small of my back. I felt my loins clench at his touch but ignored it, the mate bond was not easy to ignore but it was possible. The maître d led us to a booth towards the back, away from most of the customers.

"Thank you, Gustov." Jasper said, gesturing for me to sit. I slid in, surprised when Jasper sat next to me instead of across from me. The menu was already on the table and I lifted mine to see what I wanted. "Do you like to drink alcohol?" Jasper asked as I looked over the menu.

"No. I've never drank before and I don't plan on it. I can't stand things that taste bad so I wouldn't be able to make it. You?"

"Not really. I've drank before but it's not all that. Bethany used to drink a lot and it always disgusted me." His face twisted in disgust. "I like that you don't drink." He smiled, as the waitress came up. She was a pretty, curvy Latina with black hair, pulled into a bun. I knew she was a werewolf as soon as I caught her scent. I saw her eyes survey Jasper and the distance between us.

"Hello, Mr. Jasper, long time no see. Can I get you started with a drink?" She smiled flirtatiously.

"Lena?" He asked, insinuating I should go ahead and tell her what I wanted. She reluctantly turned her eyes to me and glared.

"Um, I'll have a Coke." I said, wanting nothing more than to lean over to Jasper and lick him then say "mine" so the wench knew to leave him alone. She wrote down my drink and turned, quickly, back to Jasper.

"I'll have the same. Thanks, Maria." He turned back to me, letting her know to go get the drinks.

"Pack member of yours?" I raised a brow.

"Yeah, she doesn't live at the pack house so I don't see her much."

"Hm, interesting." I murmured as she came back with our drinks.

"Are you ready to order, Alpha?" She asked.

"I told you, it's Mr. Jasper when I come here, Maria." He said to her quietly then turned back to me. "Do you know what you want, Lena?"

"Um, I'll have the steak and shrimp, well done, with fries?" My order coming out more like a question.

"I'll have the same with a baked potato and broccoli." Jasper said, waving her off. She wrote down our order then left, sending me another glare before. Jasper turned his torso towards me, draping his arm over the back of the booth behind me. His eyes settled on me and I shivered. Oh Lord, what could be on his mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 561 24
The wolves are tense, the Northeastern and Southwestern packs are at a standoff. Someone needs to step in to cut the tension, but who wields that ki...
202K 8K 31
❇ Book Two ❇ ♥ The Rejected Mate Series ♥ ◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼ Skylar Hunter has had a twist...
16.3M 259K 32
Like any other girl in Barbra High, Emerald Carson was deeply head over heels for Jared Thompson, the school's perfect 'it' guy, who also happens to...
27.4K 461 7
A mate is something every werewolf looks forward to having. They want to be loved, treasured and safe, but what if the one thing you need protecting...