Filmed [complete]

Av ringingthebell

Autumn looked out her window, at the oak tree that was in the middle of her backyard. The limbs were big enou... Mer

Night Owl
Running Shoes
Smoked
Royal Treatment
Midnight
Limited
Sneaking
Firsts
Unconsolable
Entanglement
Different Views
Rethinking
Changing
Deadline
Revealed
Moments
Happiness
Covers
Spiraling
Control
Interview
Withering
Love
Ending
Author's Note: Epilogue
Falling
New Story Burnt

Explanations

2.3K 90 12
Av ringingthebell

A bit short but not by much

Do not forget to vote and comment

UNEDITED

When morning broke, I went across the oak tree and into my bedroom. Alice was still sleeping in my bed, muttering stuff incoherent words every few seconds. She turned over in my bed, misjudging the end of the bed and landed on the ground.

"Ouch," she groaned, sitting up from the ground. Alice spotted me opening my drawers to get some clothes out of. "How was your late night date, Night Owl?"

I pulled out a random Marvel shirt and a pair of skinny jeans, then closed the drawer. "Evan took the floor while I fell asleep on his bed," I told her. I walked over to the door, opening it. Right before I closed it, I said, "And he kissed me."

Alice gasped, "Don't leave me hanging. I want details!" She opened the bedroom door and followed me. "Aren't you going to tell me how it happened?"

I shook my head and she groaned. "Not at this moment." I walked into the bathroom, "But I might tell you, and Laura, what happened when we go dress shopping tomorrow."

She sighed and crossed her arms over her chest. "So I don't get any of the good juicy bits from last night, at all? Don't you think that that is a unfair? I am the one that has been pushing you towards the cross country boy."

"Both, you and Laura, were pushing me towards me," I reminded. "You are both going to find out what happened tomorrow. That is, if you both want to go dress shopping for our dresses for the winter formal."

Alice focused her gaze on the floor, "I don't have enough money to buy a dress that I am only going to wearing once in my lifetime. My parents don't exactly give me the allowance they used to after they whole drug thing was announced."

I waved my hand in the air, telling her to not worry about it. "My mom and dad found a thrift shop about two hours away that sell the best used clothes, jewelry, and, guess what, dresses."

"I don't think-"

"That is a good idea?" I finished for her. "It is. Did I ever tell you the story of when my dad kissed Logan?'

Alice shook her head.

"They were at a some wedding that she got paid to photograph. They didn't have anything to wear to the occasion and they some how found a thrift shop. Logan got a lot of clothes and a beautiful teal dress, I've seen pictures of it, and dad got his tux. It was cheap and they looked amazing at the wedding, I've also seen those pictures of them dancing together at the wedding. While they were dancing to a song, they kissed," I explained to her.

I continued, "Honestly, because he is my dad and she is my step-mom, I think it was one of the most beautiful romantic stories I have ever heard. But, from someone who reads wedding stories everyday and takes pictures, that story line has gotten a bit cliche. Don't you think?"

She laughed at my ending. "It's sweet."

"They were roommates for almost a semester then he finally got the courage to kiss her. He had not even told her that he had a kid back home," I said. "But, they hadn't gotten together, Oliver would not be here today."

Her face became cumbersome. "If we hadn't met, Oliver wouldn't be in the state he is in today."

"Don't say that," I said in a stern voice. "Oliver already had asthma. It got worse because I was not making sure he was not following me to your house. It is my fault not yours."

"How did you get the guilt out of your system?"

"When I see him smiling while he was running on the soccer field. He is not allowing the asthma to get the better of him. He enjoys playing soccer," I explained to her. "So, you can stop with the guilt. It messes with your head."

* * * * *

The next day, after Laura had stayed the night, we packed a couple of snacks and sandwiches into a bag before we decided to get on the road. Dad asked me to take Oliver with us on our tiny road trip so he and Logan could get some alone time together.

Instead of a date night, they wanted to have a date day.

Oliver looked up at me with doe eyes, silently pleading for me to say yes. I gave in. On one condition: he would help Laura, Alice, and I decide what dresses to get and if he does a satisfying job to each of our consent, we would take him out to whatever place he wants to go to.

Dad, mom, and Oliver agreed. Laura and Alice did not really care as long she he gave his opinions on each of the dresses.

Currently, Oliver's head was leaning against my shoulder, sleeping while Laura drove and Alice was changing the radio channels, trying to find a station that was actually playing music.

"Are we almost there?" Alice asked, turning off the radio entirely.

I looked down at my phone in my lap. "It says that we are five minutes away from the store," I glanced out the window, only seeing trees.

"Are you sure the GPS on your phone is correct?" Laura asked me, looking at me in the review mirror. "Never mind."

All of a sudden, we were in a town that had buildings slowly popping up one by one.

"Take a left at the stop light ahead," I told Laura. "It should be on the right side of the ride."Laura followed my directions. I tapped Oliver on his shoulder, trying to get him to wake up. "Come on, buddy. We are practically there."

He mumbled something then opened his eyes as he lifted his head off of my shoulder. Oliver rubbed at his eyes then looked out the window, "I don't see us parking."

"I said practically."

"What is the store called?" Alice asked me, looking out the window.

"Retired Items if I remember correctly," I told her, also looking for the building. I spotted it a few buildings ahead, "Found it."

Laura spotted it soon after and pulling into the parking lot.

We all left the car at the same time, entering the store. We all went to the back of the store where the sign DRESSES was hanging above. We split up but Oliver stayed by my side as I began to look through the dresses, trying to find the ones that I wanted to try on.

* * * * *

Oliver was sitting outside the dressing rooms. I gave him my phone so he could play the games on there and would not get bored of sitting around and doing nothing.

"Autumn, Alice," Laura muttered while zipping up the back of her dress in the other stall, "Are you two to show your dresses?"

I rubbed my hands down my dress, smoothing out the bottom of my dress. I gazed at myself in the mirror. The top of the dress was decorated purple flowers with silver leaves resting against the top half of the dress. There was a thick silver ribbon wrapping around my waist that divided the dress from the top and bottom. As the decorations reached the bottom of the dress they slowly disappeared.

It was beautiful.

"I'm ready," Alice spoke up. "Autumn?"

I smiled at myself in the mirror, moving my hair to cover my bare shoulders, "Yep." We opened our doors at the same time and walked out to greet Oliver. "Hey, buddy, put down the phone, it is time for you to give us your input."

Before Oliver could say anything, Alice spoke up, "Autumn, your dress is absolutely perfect for you. It fits your personality perfectly."

Oliver looked up from the phone. "It is," he said in awe. "You are buying that." He stopped looking at me and changed his attention to focus on Laura. His face scrunched up, "That dress looks funny."

Laura looked down at the blue dress, "It's a high low dress. It is suppose to look classy."

He shook his head, "It looks funny."

She rolled her eyes, "Fine, I won't get it then." Laura turned around and went back into her dressing room to try on a different dress.

Oliver left where he was sitting and walked up to Alice and touched the end of her dress, trying to get a closer look at it. "It's just black," he stated. "With this really cool fabric though."

"It's called lace," Alice told him. "Do you like it?"

"I don't get why something simple could be so pretty?" he looked up at Alice.

"Because the simple things sometimes can be the most beautiful things in the world," Alice started to explain it to him. She bent down and continued. "You don't need to be flashy or experienced, being simple can bring the most attention."

Oliver smiled at Alice, "Get the dress." Alice smiled back at him and kissed him on his cheek.

"Thank you, Oliver," she stood up and went back to the dressing rooms. I followed her back and changed back to regular clothes.

It took Laura a couple more tries before she found a white dress with blue lace covering the top of the dress, forming sleeves, and trickled down to the bottom of the dress. Her dress was thirty dollars.

Both Alice's and I was twenty- five dollars.

Oliver was half asleep by the time we had finished buying our dresses. He had asked for us to make a stop at a toy store so he could get a card game that he heard his friends talking about. All three of us agreed that he did a good job of helping us pick our dress so I drove to the toy store while Laura sat in the back of the car and played rock, paper, scissors.

As we were walking around toy store, looking for the cards that Oliver wanted, Alice kept bothering me by poking my shoulder and making up random nicknames for me until I acknowledged her. "What Alice?" I asked her.

"Are you going to tell us what happened between you and cross country boy?" she egged.

Laura widened her eyes, "Something happened between you and Evan?"

"Yes," I told them. Oliver stopped at an aisle to look at LEGOS so we stayed at the end so he would not hear us.

Alice leaned in to Laura, "They kissed."

"You kissed him!" Laura screamed.

"Sh," I held my finger up to my lips, "my little brother is right there."

She lowered her voice, "I have been telling you get get on that train for the past couple of months, and you finally get the urge to kiss the guy and you don't tell me?"

"I was going to tell you while we were getting our dresses but Oliver came along so, I couldn't exactly have a conversation about my love life while my brother is standing a few feet away from me. Like the situation we are in now," I explained to them.

Laura huffed and crossed her arms. "Fine, but when we get back to your house, we are going to have an intense conversation about you and lover boy," she uncrossed her arms and gave me a hug. "I'm happy for you."

Alice also hugged me from the side, "I'm happy for you, too."

"Thank you, you guys," I pulled away. "Don't you have a boyfriend Alice? By the name of Jace?"

She shook her head, "I may. I may not." She shrugged. "Who knows?" Alice walked away from Laura and I to go look at the LEGOS with Oliver. "We might want to help Oliver find his cards then go back to Autumn's house."

Laura and I joined her and Oliver then moved on to another aisle but Oliver had asked if we could go back to that aisle because there was something he might want to get. I furrowed my eyebrows, "What do you want to get?"

He lowered his head, "A Spider- man LEGO set."

I put my hand in his back, "Don't be embarrassed if you want LEGOS. No one should be embarrassed if they like Spider- man. Spider- man is one of the coolest superheroes in the world." Oliver's face lightened at my comment then run over to pick up the set that he wanted.

"Can we still look around though?" I nodded and the grin was his face grew.

As we followed Oliver to the next aisle, Laura leaned in close to my ear, "And it does help that Andrew Garfield is hot."

"Didn't you hear?" Alice asked. Laura and I shook our heads. "Andrew Garfield is no longer going to be Spider- man."

"Didn't he sign a three movie contract, like Toby Maguire, but Sony signed a deal with Marvel," Alice continued. "Marvel wanted someone who is a teenager so they kicked out Garfield and looked for a different actor. They ended up getting some guy who just turned nineteen. I think his name is Tom- uh- something."

"Tom Hiddleston?" Laura tried.

I shook my head, "No, that's Loki. Different movie. Different world."

"Actually, they aren't in a different world," Alice said. "Marvel wanted someone else because the Avengers are going to kind of 'adopt' young Peter Parker, who is just starting high school, and someone who could last seven movies." She paused. "Tom Holland," she said, clicking her fingers, "That's his name."

Laura rolled her eyes, "And how in the world do you know this stuff?"

"I have a friend that was ranting about Marvel a few weeks back and still has not gotten over the fact that the best plot in the MCU-"

"MCU?"

"Marvel Cinematic Universe, keep up."

Under her breath, Laura muttered, "We're trying."

"Anyways, the best plot in the MCU was going to be Spider- man against the Sinister Six," Alice explained. "That was who the guy was underneath the hat," she stopped talking about Marvel. "My friend was very upset about Marvel. I still don't think that she has healed yet from the figurative wound. She'll get over it soon. I hope."

* * * * *

Oliver ended up getting the Spider- man LEGO set and the cards that he wanted to get in the first place. When we got back to my house, Oliver ended up taking a nap in his bedroom. My parents were no where to be seen when we entered the house. I searched for them but I could not find them. Before I entered their bedroom, I did knock, scared what I would have seen if they were in there.

As soon as we settled the dresses in my closet, Alice went downstairs to get a bowl of popcorn and find a scary movie for us to watch in my bedroom. Laura was closing the curtains in my bedroom so Evan could not peek in. She also shut the window and locked so he could not crawl across the oak tree and get to my window.

Once everything was ready, Alice found two movies: the Sixth Sense and Insidious 2 for us to watch. Before we started the Sixth Sense, Alice paused it as soon as she pressed play.

"Are you really going to talk about Evan and I right as we are starting a scary movie?" I asked them as I settled a pillow underneath my head.

They both nodded at the same time.

"Fine," I huffed. "I met him at the park and we ran a mile together. While we were talking about the winter formal, he told me that he had wished that he had asked me before I already committed myself to Laura-"

"Don't let me stand in your way of you getting it on with Evan," Laura but in.

I shook my head, "I'm going with you, and that is final." I sighed."As we were talking he asked if he could try something. I said yes and he kissed me for a second then pulled back. I came home to get disposable cameras then we went downtown. When we came back to his house, he kissed me again then we fell asleep," I gave them the shortened version. "Happy?"

"Was he your first kiss?" Alice asked.

"How did you-"

"Every time you came over to my house, you always came to me first and hung out with me. You never went to a boy to talk about anything," she explained. "Plus, one time when I got you to try alcohol for the first time, which ended up being your last time, you told me you had not kissed anyone yet. You are a bit of a light weight and I advise you, the next time you decide to go drinking, bring a friend with you so you do not do anything or say anything stupid."

I laughed, "I will follow that advice. Are we ready to start the movie now?"

Alice pressed play and we laid out on my bed, each of us having our own pillow but sharing a very big blanket that covered all of us.

I have not updated in two weeks, I am so sorry, ive been busy.

I am editing OS, if you guys want to read the edited version, let me know in the comments. So far, there are only two people who are interesting in reading it. If they are not a lot of people who don't want to read it, i wont post it.

I got my permit and I have been driving all over the place.

Sadly, I did not pass my AP Psych but I did pass my AP World History.

School for me starts in a little less than three weeks. I am not really nervous, I am excited and that is a first.

I started to write more, like a thousand words more, but then I thought that I could put it in the next chapter because it is MUY IMPORTANTE. I am excited for you guys to read it.

Do not forget to vote and comment

Until next time...

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

261 18 25
Adulting is a difficult journey fraught with stress, anxiety, loneliness, catching feelings, heartbreak, painful healing, routine, monotony... all to...
11.3K 1.3K 35
Autumn Summers wanted to go travelling as soon as she turned eighteen. Her beautiful, witty, self-sacrificing mum desperately wanted her to take the...
63 0 4
Safe and Sound: The Short Memoir written by Elliot Parker. I've always written stories and music about my personal life. It was the only thing that...
Autumn Av <3

Ungdomsfiksjon

1.1M 26.1K 53
Three things. A boy who loves to piss her off. A girl who loves to annoy him. And them understanding what it's like to feel love, while being scared...