Mikekell and Tilfa's story...

By MsJacquelineCruz

A love story of a mermaid and a knight. Hes from Skulltin Towers she is Ocean Towers. Mikekells father has... More

And then they meet. Chapter 1.
The other 2 Towers.
3's crowded.
Drenching and sanding. The fourth chapter.
Pleading the fifth.
Under SIX feet.
These 7 see.
8 is plenty.
10 times worse than before. chapter10
11 left sanded. Chapter 11.
The Midnight meeting. chapter12.
The 13th hour journey. chapter13.
Owt with the knew. Chapter14
Fifteen times hated underneath. Chapter 15.
The '6th Teen up.' Chapter 16.
The 7 teenth hour. Chapter17.
So they ate. Chapter 18
A Knights Team. Chapter 19.
for my readers

The 9 picked. chapter 9

196 5 0
By MsJacquelineCruz

chapter 9.    The 9 picked.

On this day the King of the Ocean Towers had unknowingly to Tilfa prepared her Se-fair.   King Morfah ordered the nurses and maids to her room.  They opened the door to wake her. 

Tilfa had no idea what they were doing since her father told everyone not to mention a word. 

The help fixed Tilfa's hair and cleaned her up. 

Tilfa asked what the dress was for that they had dressed her with.  The help didn't answer. 

She asked again.  They told her it was for dinner with her father. 

Tilfa continued to let them dine her up.  When done they brought her to the opposite direction of the dining and throne room.

"Does King Morfah know about where we are going because I would like to know."  Tilfa told her guards. 

"Please refrain from asking more than you need to know.  We are just your guards.  We do not know every thing your father plans and why." 

"But you listen to him.  Even if it means locking away innocence just because my father see it fit too."  Tilfa pointed out.

"I'm sorry princess but that is a different situation.  Your father is to see it fit that we are safe.  You and his plans are something else.  Please go on your way.  The King is waiting for you in there.  Please be very quiet.  I will stand by the door." 

Tilfa stared at the guards eyes.  He looked away and stood his post.  Tilfa pushed the doors open with her force.  She went a few feet in. 

Tilfa saw all the Ocean's city kneeling to her. 

Could it be what she was dreading. 

Tilfa was led to her father at his Se-fair throne.  She sat down quickly without  being told. 

During a Se-fair she the Princess is to stand until all are pleased with her look and then her father the King tells her to sit. 

King Morfah had her stand and bow back to the crowd.  They all applauded at her beauty.  Tilfa could't face the crowd.  Her eyes began to glitter with her tears.  She put on a fake smile. 

Her father was pleased and had her sit.  Tilfa kept her face away from her fathers eyes. 

This is how the Se-fair is handled in the Ocean Towers;  Tilfa is not to speak a word to anyone until told to. 

After the crowd looks her over they all pour an elixir which contains the juices of truth.  With this all that have to speak with Princess and King Morfah will have no choice but to speak the truth saying what they are and feel also if they were there to harm her or the Kings home. 

When all were done with the juice they sat down waiting for it to settle in them.  When the first would feel the effects of the truth elixir they would stand.  One by one they would all stand.  Who didn't stand would be asked to leave immediately. 

You are not able to deny the effects.  If you're not pure for the Kingdom of King Morfah the effects would not be made shown.  You are not worthy of being allowed back. 

Either something as changed in their heart or they are dabbling in affairs that will be looked into at a later date. 

For those who get the effect and tell the truth though its not good things, as wanting to take gifts from the Kingdom.   these are being questioned right away.  Also possibly killed for their complete impure thoughts and possible imprisonment. 

The ones that get to leave their change is not about hurting the Princess or the Kingdom but it is just as well.  

The Kings home is for the cleanest.  Most are dabbling in stealing from their own kind.  Even feeling as they don't want to be part of the Ocean anymore. 

Once all stood up the King would call up two mermaid visitors at a time.  They would speak their heart and if all was well with what they said they would sit down and wait for everyone else to finish. 

This time for the first time not one mermaid visitor had bad words to be given. 

When finally all had spoke their heart the King snapped his fingers for a messenger.  Tilfa knew soon the picks for her Se-fair would be brought to her.  She tried not to escape.  Princess Tilfa just tried to see this through. 

The messenger had came and left, on his way to get the first choice for Tilfa. 

King Morfah introduced him to the crowd before he came in.  He was also raised as she was.  Which to Tilfa meant no life, no freedom.  Not even a choice of your true love to be. 

This pick was called Tide.  He was still with his parents.  Who are not a King and Queen but have a King in their family.  He was born on the same day as Tilfa. 

Tide was raised to hopefully one day wed Tilfa and be the Prince of the Ocean.  This Tide came in and bowed for Tilfa.  She didn't know how to react so she smiled and nodded her head. 

He was seeing her for the first time.  Tide must of been pleased because he continued this ridiculous smile. 

Tide now had to stand and speak to the crowd how he would make a good Prince and Royal Husband for Tilfa. 

"I would make sure she is well in battle's.  I would make sure she is happy with her gifts.  I will make sure she is never harmed in battle or in this Kingdom.  I will make sure she lives a long time.  I will also make sure this Ocean is well taken care of. 

With protection. 

I will continue to grow in my gifts also."  Tide announced. 

Tilfa was not impressed by his speech.  'They all just want to be King one day.'  She thought. 

The next pick now came in.  He was also introduced as all of the picks for Tilfa. 

By the 4th pick Tilfa was becoming very unsettled.  The whole day is being spent away on this foolishness while Mikekell rots in the cell. 

Her father noticed her thoughts were off.  He snapped his fingers and the Se-fair became dead silent.  All were ordered to wait for their return.  The Chosen mermaids for her were to leave first.  Then the King and Tilfa went out to a room alone.

"I'm sorry father.  Did I do something out of place?"  She asked him.

"I could not help but to read you.  Why are you thinking of the prisoner?"  Asked her father.

Tilfa hesitated to speak.  She knew something had to be said quickly.

"I am not sure.  Maybe because we are all here and I was wondering who was guarding.  Nothing to worry.  I was not interested at all at the last pick for me and I just wanted him to end his speech.  My mind began to wonder on other things.  Can we go back in now?"  She asked holding in all her true feelings.

Her father didn't seem fooled.  Tilfa knew he was now very curious on why she brought up Mikekell.  King Morfah swam around her and put his hands on her shoulders.

"Your'e very tensed.  Are you hiding something from me?  I don't know what it is but you're blocking allot my Princess."  He told Tilfa.

"Why?  I am not.  I am not happy about this Se-fair father.  You know that.  I prefer to find love with my heart not with your or anyone else's messengers and servants.  I am glad you care for my heart but I like my true love to be found by chance not chosen for me."  She  explained. 

"Well I suppose.  We still have no choice but to Se-fair you.  That is the Ocean way.  Please don't keep anything from me.  You know I will find out everything. 

I want to pay this Mikekell a visit today after the Se-fair.  I want you to go with me."

"Why?  That is not needed.  Do you not trust me?"  Tilfa asked.

"Let's finish this later.  Now smile and lets find some love for my Princess."  King Morfah said. 

Tilfa took a deep breathe and went back in the Se-fair with her father.  The crowd gave her weird looks but the Se-fair continued the second she sat down. 

The next pick came in.  He was fully covered in shell armor.  He bragged about his talent of fighting and how many humans he has killed and fought.  He was called Tarsh. 

Tarsh was a Knight from a deeper part of the Ocean.  He swore to protect Tilfa from all humans and unclean mermaids.  Tilfa definitely didn't care for him. 

On to the next and the next.  The last pick for the Se-fair was number 9.  A mermaid from the Sea.  He was said to be a little of everything.  He fought, he had gifts, he didn't brag about himself which was refreshing to Tilfa. 

Even if she still didn't care about who she was to pick.  Her heart was with her poor Mikekell. 

His skin must be peeled and wrinkled.  His eyes must be burned red by now.  His poor heart must be aching. 

'How long can this go on for?'  Tilfa thought to herself. 

"I would like my daughter to meet with her mermaids.  If any choose to leave and not be with my daughter please come forward."  King Morfah waited for someone to come forward.

No one did.  King Morfah had each pick stand in front of Tilfa.  She was to pick one to speak with for a few minutes and be followed by guards.  Once she was done she was to send him off and the next would be picked. 

Tilfa had picked the mermaid called Tarsh.  She figured the sooner he was out of her Kingdom the better. 

Tilfa went off with Tarsh.  She didn't say a word to him.  He just stood by her side with his chest puffed out and his pointed weapon for stabbing humans. 

'How gross.'  She thought to her self.

"What are you thinking?"  Asked Tarsh. 

"Nothing."  She replied.

"That is not true.  I know you're thinking something.  What I do not know is what it is."

"What are you trying to say?"  She asked him.

"I have a special gift.  I would say so myself.  I can feel when you're having a thought.  A negative one that is.  So what is this negative thought?  Is it about me?"  Tarsh asked.

Tilfa thought about what she should say.  Then she realized she didn't care about his gift or him and his feelings.

"Of course.  I do not know you.  My thoughts would be pure and plain as the one I have to be with this meeting.  So if we must, lets say goodbye.  Hope you learn more about the use of your talents.  Learning how to use them for good."  Tilfa replied.

Tarsh looked at her harshly and turned around.  A couple of guards escorted him out then escorted Tilfa back to her father. King Morfah didn't look glad to see Tilfa so soon.  He thought Tarsh was a good pick for her. 

Tilfa sat down.  The family and friends of Tarsh were to leave and not say a word to her or the King.  They didn't look happy.  Tilfa was now to pick the next mermaid.  She picked one and went off.  They didn't say much to each other.  Tilfa was tired and just wanted to see Mikekell without her father. 

"Well, Princess.  I come from the home of the Outside.  I make sure they have what they need.  That is besides what you and your father give them.  I have always knew this day would come.  I thought I would be a Prince one day. 

I hope I am not boring you with my talking." 

"I don't think I care either way.  I am glad you feed the poor.  Sometimes I wonder if what we give is enough.  I don't know what goes out.  I just say its good but when I become Queen one day I will make sure they are fed everyday with more than they can imagine but that is not right now."  Tilfa said.

"I think that is great."

"What do you think of the human problem?"  Tilfa asked him.

"Well I really don't know.  I stay away from them.  I heard many things.  I never seen one before.  So I sometimes have my doubts on certain things."

"What is your name?" Tilfa asked. 

"Jetter.  I didn't mean to talk out of place."  He apologized.

"No no its fine.  So what is your thought on humans?  I don't think you finished speaking on your thoughts." 

"I am not sure of my thoughts.  I never seen one.  I never been hurt by one or anyone that I know.  I heard things of people but I always felt it was justified."  Jetter said.

"On who's behalf?"  Tilfa asked. 

She waited for his answer.  Jetter didn't reply back. 

"Please its ok.  I won't get angry with you.  I am looking for whats in your heart."  Tilfa told Jetter.

"Well I think that the humans had a right to stand up for them selves.  I know that is not good to say.  I just have waited many years for a human to hurt me and my family and it never happened.  Seems to only happen to those that caused a war of some kind.  If we left them alone than maybe they would leave us alone. 

I have spoken too much.  Just send me away please.  Let's forget this.  I do not wish to make your family upset."  Jetter said moving away from her.

"Wait don't leave.  I didn't dismiss you.  I want to talk some more with you.  Please follow me."  Tilfa said.

Tilfa was thinking maybe this mermaid can help her with Mikekell.  He didn't need to know that she was in love with him.  She just had to talk him into helping her some how.

"What else is there to say?  I prefer to see the good in our enemy.  I am not worthy of being your mate.  A king can't care for his enemies."  Jetter said.

"I don't care for that.  Please be honest with me.  I can make sure your words are kept secret.  I will also make sure my words are also kept secret no matter what.  Will you listen and help?"  Tilfa asked.

"With what?  I do not wish to make the King hate me or have my heart."  He replied.

"I must meet with you again.  Will you promise to this?"

Jetter looks into Tilfa's eyes hoping to understand what she is thinking. 

"I will come back to meet with you.  Will you talk to me now about this?"  Jetter asked her.

"I would but I want to be alone."

"My million pardons.  The Princess will never be alone.  You're not alone now.  We are not going to be alone.  Unless it's on our marriage night." 

Tilfa slowly moved away from Jetter.  She put her head down for a bit signaled the guards to come over and take Jetter off. 

"Wait I will do as you say.  I promise Princess I will be back tomorrow and listen."  Jetter agreed. 

Tilfa smiled and let the guards take Jetter off.  She reentered her Se-fair while Jetter's family looked in curiosity. 

Tilfa stayed standing by her throne.  She bowed then went to Jetter's father and then mother.  Tilfa handed them both a pearl from her tail.  They handed her a green emerald from theirs. 

King Morfah called up Jetter's parents.  They all stood together beside the thrones. 

"This is who my daughter has chosen.  We will end with the Se-fair.  Thank you. 

We will be in touch with what will happen with Jetter and Princess Tilfa.  I would ask for the families of the others to leave.  If we need you we will send for you." 

Tilfa became overcome with joy on what the next day would bring. 

Her father came to her and gave her a hug.

"I am happy to see you shine this way.  Don't look too happy.  We still must visit the prisoners together.  I don't want them to think we are glad they are in there.  We are not laughing at their pain." King Morfah said. 

"Of course."  She replied.

Tilfa's joy became a knife in her chest.  She's forgotten about her and the King seeing the prisoners which includes Mikekell. 

Tilfa wished she would have spent all day talking with the nine mermaids picked for her.  Maybe that would have made her father forget about this seeing Mikekell idea he had. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

633 20 7
(COMPLETED) No one is born evil, they are made evil. Written in an era ages before Ariel was born, Ursula was the headstrong princess of her time...
1.7K 28 15
βœ…Completed βœ… πŸ’₯editingπŸ’₯ 16 year old Wendy Darlings life is turned upside down when a tragic fire destroys her life losing her parents leaving her to...
151K 8.3K 26
Edited In a vast and mysterious land where no human can reach and only aquatic being had put eyes upon. Under all the darkness and the mysteries of t...
82.3K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...