Worlds Colliding (Supernatura...

By heartofice97

Catty and Dean Winchester and Ness Singer have been out of the life for a year now. Catty had gone to her old... More

characters
character theme songs (main)
chapter 1 - Exile on Main St.
chapter 2 - Two and a Half Men
chapter 3 - The Third One
chapter 4 - Singers' Weekend
chapter 5 - Live Free or Twihard
chapter 6 - You Can't Handle the Truth
chapter 7 - Family Matters
chapter 8 - All Dogs Go to Heaven
chapter 9 - Clap Your Hands if You Believe...
chapter 10 - Caged Heat
chapter 11 - Appointment in Samarra
chapter 12 - Like a Virgin
chapter 14 - Mannequin 3: The Reckoning
chapter 15 - The French Mistake
chapter 16 - ...And Then There Were None
chapter 17 - My Heart Will Go On
chapter 18 - Frontierland
chapter 19 - Mommy Dearest
chapter 20 - The Man Who Would Be King
chapter 21 - Let It Bleed
chapter 22 - The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Bloopers

chapter 13 - Unforgiven

762 21 1
By heartofice97

Outfits in the external link

THEN

From 6.11 "Appointment in Samarra", in the grocery store, Death was sitting at the table. "Hello, Dean. What is it you want?"

From 5.22 "Swan Song", Sam grabbed Adam/Michael's arms, jumping into the hole, pulling him with him, both of them falling in the darkness.

Dean: (voice over from 6.11 Appointment in Samarra) "Lucifer's cage. Sam's soul is stuck in that box."

From 6.11 "Appointment in Samarra", in the grocery store, Death stood next to Tessa, facing Dean. "Can't erase Sam's Hell, but I can put it behind a wall."

From 6.12 "Like a Virgin", in the motel room, Sam was sitting at the table. Octavia was standing next to him, leaning closer to kiss Sam for a long moment, surprising him, pulling back to look at his shocked expression, leaning back against the table behind her.

Sam looked up at Octavia. "Ava, you and me..."

"Wouldn't say it was anything serious, because you didn't have a soul, and, uh, I wasn't the only one, but, uh... you could say that," Octavia told him.  

Sam took a deep breath, nodding. "Tell me more."

"No," Octavia told him. "Sam, you don't know for a reason, and I'm guessing it's because Dean and Catty found some way to protect you from your memories of the cage, and while doing so, it made you forget the last year. I'm not gonna tell you anymore when it could ruin that and have it all tumbling back, because you could get a fate worse than death."

From 6.12 "Like a Virgin", in the Singer Salvage Yard, Dean, Catty and Sam were sitting at the table.

"You should have told me," Sam told them.

"You weren't supposed to know," Catty told him.

From 6.11 "Appointment in Samarra", in Bobby's House, Sam stepped closer to Ness. Ness backed away, aiming the gun at Sam's leg, about to pull the trigger. Sam reached toward a lever on the wall, pulling it. The floor beneath Ness' feet was a double door trapdoor. It fell through, making Ness fall below. Ness fell to the floor in the basement, landing on her leg badly, hitting her forehead on the floor, falling unconscious. Her forehead was bleeding. Her ankle was bleeding profusely.

From 6.11 "Appointment in Samarra", in the Singer Salvage Yard's Garage, Bobby was tied to a chair. Sam raised the knife to stab Bobby. Ness arrived next to them, using the shotgun she had been using as a crutch to block the move, using the shotgun to hit Sam in the head hard enough to make him fall unconscious.

Sam: (voice over from 6.11 Appointment in Samarra) "What I did? To Bobby and Ness? To both of you? Of course I should know."

From 6.12 "Like a Virgin", in the Singer Salvage Yard, Dean, Catty and Sam were sitting at the table.

"Sam, Death didn't just shove your soul back in, okay?" Dean asked. 

From 6.11 "Appointment in Samarra", in Bobby's House's Panic Room, Death sat down on the bed with a briefcase, opening it to reveal a white glowing light. He put Sam's soul into his chest, making him scream in agony.

Dean: (voice over from 6.12 Like a Virgin) "He put up the Great Wall of Sam between you and the things that you don't remember."

From 6.12 "Like a Virgin", in the Singer Salvage Yard, Dean, Catty and Sam were sitting at the table.

"And trust me when I say that the things you don't know could kill you," Dean told him. "That's not a joke."

"But I have to set things right," Sam told them. "So I need to know what I did."

"But you don't know how dangerous that could be," Catty told him.

From 6.12 "Like a Virgin", in Bobby's Basement, Octavia looked at Dean and Catty. "I know both of you overheard me when I warned Sam not to put that back inside him."

"What was I supposed to do?" Dean asked.

"Let me tell you what his soul felt like when I touched it," Octavia told them. "Like it had been skinned alive. If you wanted to kill your brother, you should have done it outright."  

NOW

§  

One Year Ago

Bristol, Rhode Island

Warehouse

Sam shot something out of view. He was expressionless, obviously when he hadn't had his soul. He walked past Samuel, continuing to shoot out of view. Samuel closed his eyes, looking away. There were two more gunshots.

§  

Outside

Sam and Samuel walked outside. Sam's arm was bleeding.

"You okay?" Samuel asked.

"Yeah," Sam answered.

"How's the arm?" Samuel asked.

"It'll hold till we get out of town," Sam answered.

"Just don't bleed out, all right?" Samuel asked.

Sam scoffed softly. "Yeah, well, that's the plan."

§  

On the Road

Samuel's Van drove down the road.

§  

Samuel's Van

Samuel was driving. Sam was in the passenger seat.

§  

On the Road

A police car picked up the trail, following Samuel's Van, siren wailing and lights flashing.

§  

Samuel's Van

Samuel looked from the rear view mirror to Sam. "Cop."

Samuel pulled to a stop.

§  

Outside

The police car pulled to a stop. The siren turned off, but the lights continued to flash. A Deputy got out of the car, walking toward the van.

"Evening, Deputy," Samuel told him.

"Agent Roark, Agent Wynand, mind stepping out of the van a moment?" the Deputy asked.

Sam and Samuel got out of the van, walking closer.

"We're just on our way to the office," Samuel told him. "Everything okay?"

"No," the Deputy answered. "I can't get Sheriff Dobbs on the phone. I can't get anyone."

"We spoke to Dobbs earlier," Samuel told him. "Maybe he's just, uh--"

The Deputy noticed Sam's bleeding arm. "Is that blood?"

"Hey, look, there's no need to get riled," Samuel told him.

"You're coming with me," the Deputy told them.

"All right," Samuel told him. "We'll follow you back."

"I don't think so," the Deputy told them. "Get in my car, or you're under arrest."

"You're gonna arrest two federal Agents?" Sam asked skeptically, chuckling. "Have a good night."

Sam turned away.

"If you think--" the Deputy started.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, just hold--" Samuel started. Sam started to punch and beat the Deputy until he was bleeding, beaten and unconscious on the ground, breathing heavily. Samuel looked at Sam. "You think there were maybe calmer ways we could have done all that?"

"Do we care?" Sam replied. "Let's go."

Sam and Samuel got into the van, driving away, leaving the Deputy and his police car in the middle of the road.

§ Worlds Colliding (Supernatural) §

Now

Day One

Morning - Motel Room

Sam, Dean and Catty were sitting in the newest motel room.

Sam was listening to a TV news program intently. "Sources said prosecutors were getting closer to a decision on whether to charge the actor. But they adamantly denied that any prosecution was in any..."

"What are you watching?" Catty asked.

"Just trying to catch up," Sam explained. "So... Mel Gibson really took a turn this past year, huh?"

"Or he's possessed," Catty told them. "Seriously, think about it."

Dean considered this, changing the subject. "So, I just got off the blower with Ness."

"Oh, yeah?" Sam asked. "You got anything else on this, uh, 'Mother of All' thing?"

"Uh, no, nothing solid," Dean answered. "Ness says it's quiet."

Sam's cell phone dinged, announcing a new text.

"Quiet, like, quiet quiet, like, too quiet?" Catty asked.

"When is it ever just quiet?" Dean asked.

"Right," Catty agreed.

Sam checked his cell phone. "Hmm."

"What?" Catty asked, looking over his shoulder to the next. "What are these, coordinates? Who's it from?"

"I have no idea," Sam told them.

Dean and Catty looked at Sam in confusion.

§ 

Later

Sam was looking the coordinates up on a map.

"Well?" Catty asked.

"Uh, Bristol, Rhode Island, where three women disappeared in the last week," Sam explained. "Apparently, the, uh, victims seemed to vanish into thin air."

"Could be something," Dean told him. "Who's the text from?"

"I don't know," Sam told them. "It just kept ringing."

"What's that about?" Dean asked.

"Could be another hunter looking for backup, throwing us a case," Sam suggested. "Who knows how many hunters I even met working with the Campbells, you know? But I think we should go."

"Whoa, wait," Dean told him. "We're just gonna drop everything?"

"Dude, two minutes ago, you weren't doing anything," Sam told him.

"You got mysterious coordinates from a mysterious Mr. 'X', leading to a mysterious town," Catty told him. "That doesn't throw up red flags to you?"

"I don't know," Sam told them. "Maybe. But that doesn't mean we can just ignore a bunch of missing girls, right?"

"Okay," Catty told him. "We'll check it out. But if things get squirrelly, we dump out, okay?"

Sam nodded. "Yeah."

§ 

Night - On the Road

The Impala drove by a sign welcoming them to Bristol.

§ 

The Impala

Dean was driving. Catty was in the passenger seat. Sam was in the backseat. He looked lost in thought, confused.

§ 

Flashback

One Year Ago

Night - Warehouse

There was a woman with rotting skin. Samuel looked brooding and pensive.

§ 

On the Road - Samuel's Van

Sam and Samuel drove by the sign welcoming them to Bristol.

§ 

Now

On the Road - The Impala

Sam looked overwhelmed and confused.

Dean noticed. "What?"

Sam shook his head. "Nothing."

§ 

On the Road

The Impala continued driving.

§ 

Day Two

Morning - Diner

Sam, Dean and Catty sat a table.

Dean was looking through missing person leaflets. "Well, freak's got a type. Whoa. This one's got a little bit of a wild side. It's all in the eyes. See it?"

Catty rolled her eyes, taking a drink of water. "All right, well, aside from your little deep insight there, these women actually have nothing in common. Different jobs, different friends, different everything. So, what's the connection?"

"I don't know," Dean told them. "Why don't you figure that out? I'm gonna go hit the poop deck."

Dean stood, walking toward the bathroom, marked with the sign 'poop deck'. A woman and man approached Sam and Catty.

The woman looked at Sam. "Agent Roark? It's good to see you again."

Catty looked at Sam.

"It is?" Sam asked.

"Oh, you remember my husband?" the woman asked, gesturing to the man next to her.

"Right," Sam told them.

"Don," the woman told them.

"Of course, right," Sam told them. "Um, hi."

'So, you're back 'cause it started again, right?" the woman asked. "The disappearances?"

Sam looked from Catty to the couple. "Uh, yeah. Yeah, right. Um... so, if either of you two hear anything, please let me know."

"Where's your partner?" the woman asked. "The big bald guy? Agent Wynand, right?"

"Agent Wynand, of course," Sam said, looking to Catty for help. "Well..."

Catty looked at the couple. "Sex rehab. Yeah, you've heard of plushies, right?"

"This, uh, this is my new partner," Sam told them.

"Hi," Catty told them, standing. "Pleasure." She shook the woman's hand. "How you doing? Hi." She shook Don's hand. She looked at Sam. "Uh, so, Agent, we should, uh—"

"Yeah," Sam agreed. "Yeah, of course."

"Of course," the woman told them. She looked at Sam. "Uh, nice chatting with you, Agent Roark."

"You, too," Sam told her.

The woman touched Sam's shoulder.

§ 

Flashback

Bathroom

Sam was wearing a FBI suit. The woman kissed Sam hungrily. Sam placed her on the sink, kissing her.

The woman pulled away. "Cuff me."

§ 

Now

Diner

Sam watched the woman and Don walk away in shock.

"What was that?" Catty asked. "She just cougar-eyed you."

"I think Samuel and I have worked a case in this town," Sam told her.

Catty noticed a wall of Polaroid pictures on a wall of customers who won the restaurant's eating challenge, taking the one of Samuel and Sam in the background behind a winner, showing it to Sam. "You think? Come on. Let's get the hell out of here."

§ 

Abandoned House - Living Room

Sam was on his laptop. Dean and Catty were getting ready to leave.

Dean looked at Sam. "Hey, come on. Hop to, would you?"

"We can't go," Sam told them.

"Uh, yeah, we can," Dean told them.

"No, listen," Sam told them. "Five guys went missing a year ago. They never found the bodies. I mean, that's got to be the job me and Samuel worked, right?"

"Great," Dean told him. "What difference does it make?"

"A year ago, five guys go missing, and—and now, suddenly, all these women go missing," Sam told them. "Something's here. So, either we just didn't stop it, or we only thought we did."

"Okay, but why the gender bend, huh?" Catty asked. "First it's dudes. Now it's chicks? That's a totally different MO."

"I don't know," Sam told them. "Who knows? The point is, something's still here."

"Great," Dean told him. "We'll call Bobby and Ness. They can deal with it."

"Why?" Sam asked. "We can deal with it."

"Are you serious?" Catty asked. "Sam, there is a reason that hunter don't hit the same town over again. 'Cause we have a habit of leaving messes behind."

"Right," Sam agreed. "I agree."

"One of Dad's rules," Dean told them. "You never use the same crapper twice."

"Everyone uses the same crapper twice," Sam told them.

"Not us," Dean told them. Sam and Catty looked at him. "You know what I mean."

"Okay, look," Sam told them. "This creature is still walking around 'cause of me, right? I mean, I let it go. Dad also said, 'you finish what you start'. Okay, I get it."

"Do you?" Catty asked.

"Yes," Sam answered. "You're both afraid I'll stroll down Memory Lane and I'll kick this wall in my head so hard, Hell comes flooding through, right? And then all of a sudden, I'm some drooling mess on the floor."

"It's not a joke," Dean told him.

"Okay," Sam told them. "But listen, what's happening here right now? It's because I messed up somehow, in some big way. So every person who gets taken, every person who dies? That's on me. I have to stop it. And both of you would do the same thing."

Dean and Catty exchanged a look, knowing he was right, sighing, giving in.

Catty looked at Sam. "All right." She looked at Dean. "You and I'll follow up with the brunettes." She looked at Sam. "You see what you get from the cops."

Sam and Dean nodded.

§ 

Apartment

Dean and Catty stood in one of the missing woman's apartment, talking to her roommate, posing as FBI.

"So, you and Nicole were roommates for a long time?" Catty asked.

"Since college, but we've been best friends forever," Nicole's roommate explained.

"Hmm," Catty hummed.

"This whole thing's really surreal," Nicole's roommate told them. "Are you any closer to finding her, or..."

"We're doing everything we can," Dean told her. "Now, you were with Nicole the night she went missing. Did she say anything?"

"Nothing," Nicole's roommate answered. "It's like I told the cops. I wish there was something."

Dean found a business card from 'Agent H. Roark'. "Where'd you get this?"

"Oh, Nicole got that from that FBI guy," Nicole's roommate explained.

"Agent Roark," Dean said. "About—about yea high?"

Dean put his hand up, gesturing about a foot above his head.

"Yeah, that was him," Nicole's roommate answered. Dean and Catty exchanged a look. "One of the men that disappeared last year lived in our building."

"Right," Catty told them.

"So, Agent Roark was asking us all questions about it, I guess," Nicole's roommate explained.

"You guess?" Catty repeated. "So he—he came by here?"

"Oh, he came by a few times," Nicole's roommate told them.

"Did he?" Dean asked. "To, uh, speak to Nicole."

"Right," Nicole's roommate answered.

"And how would you... characterize their relationship?" Catty asked.

"Relationship?" Nicole's roommate repeated. "No, they weren't having a—"

"Just the—the—the tone or the nature of their conversation," Dean told her.

"Well... loud," Nicole's roommate answered. "And... athletic."

Dean and Catty exchanged a knowing look.

§ 

Sheriff's Station - Outside

Sam walked toward the entrance, posing as FBI.

The Deputy from the beginning aimed a gun at Sam. "Hold it right there! Stop right there! Hands where I can see them!"

§ 

Flashback

Night - On the Road

The Deputy looked at Sam and Samuel. "Get in my car, or you're under arrest."

Sam started to punch and beat the Deputy until he was bleeding, beaten and unconscious on the ground, breathing heavily.  

§ 

Now

Day - Sheriff's Station - Outside

Sam realized who the Deputy was. The Deputy lowered his gun, walking toward Sam angrily.

"Look," Sam told him. "No, sir." The Deputy grabbed Sam forcefully, leading him toward the station. "Please just hold on for a second. There's been a misunderstanding here."

§ 

Inside - Holding Cell

The Deputy locked Sam into a cell. "Man, you are dumb as a sack of hair, coming back here after what you did."

"Look, there's been a misunderstanding here," Sam told him.

"You are not a damn Agent, okay?" the Deputy asked. "The FBI never heard of you."

"Just listen," Sam told him.

"Where are the bodies?" the Deputy asked. "Mothers want to bury their loved ones."

"I don't know," Sam told him.

"Where's Sheriff Dobbs?" the Deputy asked.

"I don't know," Sam told him.

"You run out of town soaked in blood, oh, and you bash my brains in to do it, and you really expect me to buy that?" the Deputy asked.

"Look, would you believe that I don't remember anything?" Sam asked.

"No," the Deputy answered. "But good luck selling it to the judge."

The Deputy walked away, leaving. Sam paced nervously, sitting down on the cot.

§ 

Night

A woman walked into the cell block. Sam stood.

The woman walked toward the cell, looking at Sam through the bars. "What happened to my husband?"

Sam sighed, shaking his head. "Look, I--I don't know."

"Don't lie to me," the woman told him. "I know who you are, Sam. I know what you do."

"What?" Sam asked, standing. "You do?"

Sam looked as if he recognized the woman, trying to place her face.

§ 

Flashback

One Year Ago

Night - Dobbs House - Kitchen

The woman, the Sheriff (Dobbs), Sam and Samuel were sitting at a table.

"Let me get this straight," Dobbs told them. "You're not Feds? You actually hunt things?"

"We know how it sounds," Samuel told him.

"I'm not sure you do," Dobbs told them.

"You saw those crime scenes, Roy," Sam told him. "You really think something Human could have taken those guys?"

"What you're saying, it's impossible," the woman told them.

"You know, I'm sorry, I--I don't understand what she's got to do with any of this," Sam told them.

Samuel gave Sam a look. The woman looked offended.

"She's my wife," Roy answered, taking the woman's hand. "She works with me at the Sheriff's Station. You tell something like this to me, you tell it to her, too. All right, what do you need us to do?"

§ 

Now

Night - Sheriff's Station - Jail Cell

Sam looked at the woman in realization. "Your husband. He's the Sheriff."

"Was the Sheriff, until he vanished," the woman told him. "And you vanished. What was I supposed to think? T--that thing got him, or that you killed him? I just want to know what happened."

"So do I," Sam told her. "Believe me. Something happened to me. I have no memory of being here, ever."

"What is this, 'Days of Our Lives'?" the woman asked. "You're telling me you have some sot of amnesia?"

"If I knew any of this, would I have stepped foot into this station?" Sam asked. "I'm sorry. I--I don't even know your name."

"If this is some sort of a game, you're either incredibly clever or incredibly stupid," the woman told him.

"I'm telling the truth," Sam told her. "Look. I don't know what happened to your husband. But I can find out."

"How?" the woman asked.

"If you really know me, then you know that's my job," Sam told her.

"You really don't remember?" the woman asked.

"No," Sam answered. "I really don't."

The woman took this in. "I'm Brenna Dobbs."

"Brenna..." Sam trailed off. "I'm sorry about what happened to your husband. But I can find answers. Just not from in here."

Brenna unlocked the cell door, releasing Sam. "Come on. Help me find some rope. If it's gonna look like a breakout, you're gonna need to tie me up."

Sam was slightly surprised.

§ 

Don's House - Kitchen

The woman from the diner was getting a glass of boxed wine from the fridge. Don gave her a look.

The woman noticed. "What? The boxed stuff doesn't get better with age, Don."

The woman tried to get another glass, but the box of wine was empty. She scoffed, standing, closing the fridge.

§ 

Basement

The woman opened the door, trying to turn on the light. It remained dark. The woman started to walk down the stairs. A hand reached out from underneath the steps, grabbing the woman's ankle, pulling it out from underneath her, making her fall down the stairs. The woman groaned in pain, looking above her in terror, screaming.

§ 

Day Three

Morning - Abandoned House - Living Room

Sam was wearing normal clothes, going through research. He heard something, standing, walking toward the direction of the noise, drawing a gun, waiting by the door. Dean and Catty walked in, wearing normal clothes.

"Hey, Sam," Catty told him. "So, how does it feel to be a fugitive again? Hate to say 'I told you so'."

Sam relaxed, giving Catty a look. "You love to say, 'I told you so'."

Catty nodded, pointing at Sam. "Actually, you're right. I do love to say 'I told you so'."

"So, we found out something on, uh, 'crazy eyes McGee'," Dean told him. "Turns out you two knew each other."

"What?" Sam asked.

"Biblically," Dean told him. "We just spoke to her roommate. I got to say, man, you really got around."

Sam thought for a moment. "Ava did say she wasn't the only one."

Dean chuckled. "So all of these missing girls in town, plus an Angel. I mean, soulless or not, I'm actually kind of impressed. Plus, Ava not even minding that you were slutting around while soulless? I gotta say, Ava is awesome."

They heard something from the police scanner. "Eight Sierra Papa. Got a 1057, 1100 block of Hope Street. Over."

"Missing person," Sam told them. "Another one."

"Okay, all right," Catty told him. She looked at Dean. "We'll go." She looked at Sam. "You stay."

"Yeah," Sam agreed. "Fine."

"Sam?" Dean asked.

"What?" Sam asked.

"Stay here," Catty told him.

"Fine," Sam told them. "Go."

Dean and Catty exchanged a look, leaving. Sam walked toward the living room.

§ 

Don's House - Outside

Catty was standing by the Impala, looking toward the house to see Don and Dean talking inside the house. She was making a call.

Sam: (voice mail) "This is Sam. Leave a message."

"Sam, answer the phone, damn it," Catty told him. "I found the connection between the missing chicks. They all banged the same dude. You. It's you, Sam. The texts, the victims, all of it. It's a trap for you. Call me back."

Catty hung up.

§ 

Night - Dobbs House - Living Room

Brenna walked in, walking toward the kitchen, stopping when she saw Sam, gasping.

"I'm sorry," Sam told her. "I'm sorry."

"You can't be here," Brenna told him.

"Okay, p--please just listen," Sam told her.

"What happened to Debbie Harris?" Brenna asked.

"Debbie who?" Sam asked.

"I let you out, and she's just gone," Brenna told him.

"And y--you think I did something to her?" Sam asked.

"I don't know what to think," Brenna told him.

"Look, um, I need your help," Sam told her.

Brenna scoffed. "Are you kidding?"

"I need the case files that your husband made about the disappearances last year," Sam told her.

"So go to the station and find it," Brenna told him.

Sam sighed. "It's not there. I broke in and I looked, and it's gone. And I have a theory about who might have it. Look, we both want the same thing here, Brenna. I promise. We want to find out what happened last year, and we want to stop what's happening right now."

Brenna sighed, shaking her head, closing her eyes. "The file's upstairs." Sam sighed, nodding. "I'll be right back."

Brenna turned around, walking away, leaving. Sam sighed.

§ 

Flashback

One Year Ago

Day - Woods

A gun was shot. Roy fell to the ground.

Samuel looked at Sam. "Let's go!"

§ 

Now

Night - Dobbs House - Living Room

Sam saw a beer on a table nearby.

§ 

Flashback

One Year Ago

Night - Dobbs House - Living Room

Brenna, Roy, Samuel and Sam were having beers.

"So, you guys just travel all the time?" Brenna asked. "I mean, you just pick up and go? Doesn't that get hard?"

"Not when you're young," Samuel answered. "It's great. Once you got a family, it's a little tougher. Deanna got pregnant, and we didn't know what we were gonna do. But Mary was... she was a blessing."

Samuel looked at his empty beer bottle.

"There's more in the garage," Roy told them, standing.

"Ah, listen, you sit," Samuel told him. "I'll get it."

Roy sat down. Samuel stood, walking away, leaving.

Brenna looked at Sam. "He misses her. You know, at least you two have each other."

"Well, Samuel wasn't really around when I was a kid," Sam told them. "We have more of a, uh, business relationship."

"Uh, do you have any other family?" Brenna asked.

Sam nodded. "Family just slows you down."

§ 

Now

Night - Dobbs House - Living Room

Sam was lost in thought, looking hurt by what he had said.

Brenna was standing in front of him. "Sam? Sam!" Sam looked at her. "You all right?"

Sam nodded. "Yeah. Yeah. Um..." He saw the file box in Brenna's hand. "All right, let's see what you have."

Sam took the file box, setting it on the table. Sam and Brenna started to go through the files.

§ 

Flashback

One Year Ago

Day - Diner

Samuel and Sam were sitting at a table, researching.

"Best guess?" Samuel asked. "It came from an Arachne."

"You ever seen one?" Sam asked.

"No one has, not outside of Crete, not for about 2,000," Samuel answered.

"Then what do we even know about them?" Sam asked.

"Zip," Samuel answered. "Just a bunch of guesses and a blurry picture on the side of a Greek vase."

A man at a nearby table had won an eating competition. "Yeah!"

"Yo ho, sea captain," a waitress told him, placing a pirate hat on the man's head.

A waiter took the picture of the Polaroid with Sam and Samuel in the background.

Sam looked at Samuel. "So, I gather we got no clue how to kill this thing, huh?"

"I guess we just go at it till something sticks," Samuel told him.

"Well, I got an idea of where it might be, at least," Sam told him. "So far, all the vics have been men in their 30s, and they've all gone missing within a 2-mile radius."

"So, we just get out and kick bushes," Samuel told him.

"No, that'd be a waste of time," Sam told him. "I mean, it's all suburban sprawl. Hundreds of houses, at least. I could be anywhere."

Samuel looked at where Sam was pointing on the map. "Lonely Pines Park."

"Yeah," Sam answered. "I say we make this thing come to us."

Samuel looked at Sam. "How do we do that?"

§ 

Now

Night - Dobbs House - Living Room

Sam looked from the files to Brenna. "Hey, um, Brenna, do you mind if I--If I, um, borrow all this stuff for a couple hours?"

"Um, okay, I guess," Brenna answered. "You really don't remember Roy, do you?" Sam shook his head. "He was a good man. I've made peace that he's dead. I have. But I just want to know what happened."

Sam nodded understandingly. "I'm sure he died a hero."

§ 

Outside

Sam walked outside, checking his voicemail.

Catty: (voice mail) "Sam, answer the phone, damn it. I found the connection between the missing chicks. They all banged the same dude. You. It's you, Sam. The texts, the victims, all of it. It's a trap for you. Call me back."

Sam was transfixed by a spiderweb on the porch. Catty tapped his shoulder. Sam turned to face Catty and Dean instantly, leveling his gun.

"Whoa," Dean told him. "Whoa."

"I almost shot you," Sam told them. "Again. What the hell?"

"We figured you'd come and talk to her," Dean told him. "We told you to stay home, man."

"Did you get my message?" Catty asked. Sam nodded. "Come on. We got to get you out of here. Let's go."

They walked away from the house, leaving.

§ 

Abandoned House - Living Room

Catty was pacing. "Well, we know that this is a monster with opposable thumbs and unlimited text messaging, and we know that it wants to kill Sam specifically. Does that about cover it?"

"It's an Arachne," Sam told them.

"A what?" Dean asked.

"I remembered," Sam told them.

"You remembered?" Catty repeated. "Y—I'm sorry. Uh, what else have you remembered?"

"Don't worry, all right?" Sam asked. "It's nothing to do with Hell."

"Uh-huh," Catty told him. "Not yet, anyway."

"What can I do, Catty?" Sam asked. "The stuff is just starting to come back, all right? Maybe it's natural."

"We're leaving," Dean told them.

"No, we can't," Sam told them.

"We are not the only hunters on the planet, okay?" Dean asked. "We can call Bobby and Ness. They could come and wrap up."

"How?" Sam asked. "Like you said, it could be anybody. We got jack for leads."

"We know that it hates you," Catty told him.

"I know who did this," Sam told them. "I just—I can't remember."

"I don't think you get the risk here, Sam," Dean told him.

"Yes, I do," Sam told them.

"Really?" Dean asked. "You get that every time you scratch that wall, that you are playing Russian Roulette?"

"Dean, I get you and Cat are both worried, okay?" Sam asked. "And I know what you think is gonna happen. But you know what? It will or it won't."

"Sam—" Catty started.

"Look, I'm starting to think that—that I might have done some bad stuff here, Catty," Sam told her. "And so I don't care if it's dangerous. I have to set things right, 'cause I got a freaking soul now, and—and it won't let me just walk away. I'm staying here. And I need both of you to back me up."

Dean and Catty exchanged a look.

Catty sighed, looking at Sam. "All right. Why not? Well, let's 'Memento' this thing, shall we?"

§ 

Later

Sam, Dean and Catty pinned all the evidence they had up on the wall, including the men that had went missing last year, and the woman that had disappeared this year.

§ 

Flashback

Day - Diner

Catty and Sam sat at the table. Debbie and Don stood nearby.

Debbie looked at Sam. "So, you're back 'cause it started again, right? The disappearances?"

§ 

Flashback

One Year Ago

Night - Dobbs House - Living Room

Brenna, Roy, Samuel and Sam sat at the table.

"You're not Feds?" Roy asked. "You actually hunt things?"

§ 

Flashback

Night - Dobbs House - Living Room

Brenna looked at Sam. "You really don't remember?"

§ 

Flashback

Abandoned House - Living Room

Dean, Catty and Sam stood together.

Dean looked at Sam. "We, uh, found something on 'Crazy Eyes McGee'. Turns out you two knew each other."

§ 

Now

Night - Abandoned House - Living Room

Sam seemed completely lost in thought.

"You okay?" Catty asked.

Sam was too engrossed in memories to answer.

§ 

Flashback

One Year Ago

Day - Diner

Sam and Samuel were sitting at the table.

Sam was on the phone. "That's right. Yeah, Lonely Pines Park, one hour. Thanks, Roy. All right."

Sam hung up.

"Are you sure about this?" Samuel asked.

"The Arachne's been snacking on mid-30s guys," Sam told him. "We need bait that fits the demo. I'm too young. You're too old."

"89 and counting," Samuel agreed. "I still think we should have looped Roy in on the plan."

"Do we want a credible performance, or don't we?" Sam asked.

"But what if something goes wrong?" Samuel asked.

"Roy's a big boy," Sam told him. "He'll be fine. Trust me."

"It's just... not the way I'm used to doing things," Samuel told him.

"Got it," Sam told him. "Welcome to the future. Let's go."

§ 

Park

Sam and Samuel were hiding behind the brushes.

"Let's hope this thing's hungry," Sam told him.

Samuel gave Sam a look. Sam ignored him. Roy was waiting out in the open. Samuel looked around with binoculars. The Arachne fell out of the tree behind Roy, tackling him to the ground, making him groan in pain.

§ 

Now

Night - Abandoned House - Living Room

Sam was overwhelmed.

§ 

Flashback

One Year Ago

Day - Park

Samuel and Sam ran toward Roy and the Arachne only to find that they had already disappeared.

"Let's split up, look for him," Samuel told him.

"No, no, wait," Sam told him. "It's too late."

"Let's go!" Samuel told him.

"They're gone, Samuel!" Sam told him. "Look, it's okay. I turned on the GPS on Roy's cell."

"In English, please," Samuel told him.

"We can track them back to wherever she goes," Sam answered.

"So, what, Roy's just some red shirt to you, just spider bait?" Samuel asked.

"No, no, of course not," Sam answered. "This is my backup plan."

"My God, son, you're about as cold as they come," Samuel told him. "You know that?"

Sam didn't answer. "Let's go."

Sam and Samuel walked off.

§ 

Warehouse - Outside

Samuel's Van pulled up outside the warehouse. Samuel and Sam got out with machetes and guns in hand.

§ 

Inside

Sam and Samuel walked in, finding several men trapped in spider-webbing.

Samuel cut through the webbing to reveal a man with glasses, with his flesh eaten. "Poor bastard."

The web-trapped men gasped for air.

"Help me," Roy told them. "I can't... feel..."

"Roy, hey, where is she?" Sam asked.

The Arachne appeared behind Sam, grabbing him, throwing him across the room, making him fall to the floor. Sam sat up. The Arachne walked close. Sam leaned back against the wall, kicking the Arachne back. The Arachne walked closer. Samuel shot the Arachne in the back repeatedly. The Arachne didn't show a response, turning to face Samuel, walking toward him, pushing him across the room, making him fall to the floor. She turned around. Sam was standing behind the Arachne, using the machete to decapitate her, killing her, watching the body fall.

Samuel groaned in pain, standing. "Well, I guess decapitation works. Roy." He walked toward Roy, kneeling next to him. "You're gonna be okay. Just hang in. We're gonna get you some help." He looked at Sam. "Listen, if we can get him to the hospital quick--"

"He can't be helped," Sam told him.

"What?" Samuel asked.

"I don't know about Arachne, but I do know about spiders," Sam told him. "One Brown Recluse bite can kill you. This thing? Look at these guys. That poison's eating them alive. They're just dead men walking."

"So, what are you saying?" Samuel asked.

"I'm saying we put him out of his misery," Sam answered, drawing his gun.

"Sam..." Roy trailed off. "Please."

"Killing this thing saved a lot of lives," Sam told him. "We couldn't have done it without you."

"No," Roy told him.

"You're a hero," Sam told him, shooting Roy in the head. He shot someone out of view. He was expressionless. He walked past Samuel, continuing to shoot out of view. Samuel closed his eyes, looking away. There were four more gunshots. Sam looked at Samuel. "We can't just leave the bodies here. Get the gasoline."

§ 

Now

Night - Abandoned House - Living Room

Sam was even more overwhelmed than before, incredulous with who he had been, turning to face Dean and Catty in guilt. "I know what happened."

§ 

Outside

It was snowing.

§ 

Dobbs House - Living Room

Brenna was lying on the couch, sleeping. She heard the door opening, waking, sitting up, pushing her blanket aside, standing, walking around the couch, stopping in shock. "Roy?"

Roy walked closer. He looked like an Arachne, with eaten, rotting skin, and glassy, dead eyes. He still had a bullet hole in his head. He stalked toward Brenna, making her back away. "I love you."

§ 

Abandoned House - Living Room

Dean looked at Sam. "What are you gonna say to Brenna?"

Sam was on the phone. "Relax, Dean. Hey, Brenna. It's—It's Sam. I'm just checking in. Yeah, of course I can swing by. Okay. Yeah. Bye."

Sam hung up.

"What was that about?" Catty asked.

"She wants me to swing by," Sam answered.

"For?" Dean asked.

"She said it's no big deal," Sam told them, standing. "But I can tell she's in deep trouble."

§ 

Dobbs House - Outside

Sam, Dean and Catty got out of the Impala, stepping into the snow, taking out machetes.

"Back door," Sam told them.

Catty looked toward the shed. "Guys. Light's on in the shed." 

§ 

Shed

Sam, Dean and Catty walked into the dark, seemingly empty shed. 

"My spidey senses are tingling," Catty told them.

"Shh," Dean told them.

"Sam?" Brenna called.

"Brenna?" Sam asked. We walked forward, seeing Brenna sitting on the floor, arms wrapped around her knees. "Hey."

Sam walked toward Brenna, kneeling in front of her.

"What you did to Roy..." Brenna trailed off. "Is it true?"

Roy grabbed Catty from behind, throwing her into the wall, making her hit her head and fall to the floor, unconscious. Dean tried to decapitate Roy. Roy ducked, grabbing Dean's arm to block his next move, gripping his throat, turning around, throwing him into the wall, making him hit his head and fall to the floor, unconscious. 

Roy grabbed Sam from behind, gripping his throat, pushing him against the wall. "Answer the question, Sam."

§ 

Roy had Sam, Dean and Catty trapped in webbing, pinning them to the wall.

"You got to admit, I look good, Sam," Roy told him. "Well, except for your little souvenir."

Roy pointed to his forehead, where the bullet sized scar was. Dean saw a piece of glass on the ground.

"You win," Sam told him. "I'm here. Let Brenna go. This has nothing to do with her."

"You come back around, start hanging out with my wife, and you think this has nothing to do with her?" Roy asked. "But then... You thought I was out of the way, right? I got to say, you get a hell of a lot wrong, Sam." Dean reached toward the piece of glass. "Like that thing you threw me to. You thought it was here to feed."

"She was here to breed," Sam realized.

"Yeah," Roy answered. "That thing was playing the mating game, and I guess I fit her profile. Me and all those other poor bastards. She bit us to turn us into what she was." Dean got a hold of the piece of glass, starting to cut the spider web casing around him from the inside out. "By the time you pulled that trigger, I wasn't Human. Not anymore. So, bullets don't hurt me much. Oh, and neither did fire. So, after you left, well, we ran. Me? I hid for months, nearly starved. But you know what kept me going? Every night, I dreamed about ripping your throat out. I thought I was sending you a neon sign. The text? Taking all those girls you screwed? I was kicking so much sand in your eye, I couldn't figure out why you weren't getting it! Then Bren tells me you've got brain damage. It's just too good."

"Where are they, Roy?" Sam asked.

"Scattered, in the wind," Roy answered. "They're like me now. You killed one monster. You made so many more. Congratulations. The only question is, 'Do I kill you... or turn you?'"

Dean cut himself free, running toward Roy. Roy grabbed Dean, throwing him to the floor, stalking toward him angrily.

"No!" Brenna told him. "Roy, stop!"

Roy grabbed Dean's throat, pushing him against the wall. Brenna grabbed a machete, running toward Sam and Catty, cutting them free. Sam took the machete, running toward Roy and Dean. Roy turned to face them. Sam swung the machete at Roy's neck, decapitating him, killing him. Brenna ran toward the body, crying. Catty slowly walked closer. Brenna looked between them, looking at Roy's headless body.

§ 

Outside

Sam, Dean, Catty, and Brenna walked out of the shed, out into the front yard of the Dobbs house. Brenna walked toward the door.

Sam followed her. "Brenna... Look, I am so sorry. Brenna, I—I mean, I..."

Brenna walked inside, closing the door without ever turning to look at Sam. Sam looked down in guilt.

§ 

Day Four

Morning - Abandoned House - Living Room

Dean, Catty and Sam were getting ready to leave.

Catty looked at Sam. "You okay?"

"You were right," Sam told them. "We shouldn't have come back here."

"Well, you did kill uh... Spider Man," Catty told him.

"So, you're suggesting what I did back there was a good thing?" Sam asked.

"I'm just saying—" Catty started.

"What?" Sam asked.

"Sam, y—y—you got to understand that all that crap last year, all of it, none of it was you," Dean told him.

"Let's be crystal clear, okay?" Sam asked. "It was me."

"Well, can I get you anything?" Catty asked.

"What are you now, my waitress?" Sam asked.

"I'm just trying to make you feel better," Catty told him. "Don't be a bitch."

Sam sighed. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Yeah, you look fine," Dean told him sarcastically. "Look, everything's gonna be okay."

"I don't know, guys," Sam told them. "If I did this here, then who knows how many oth—"

Sam fell to the floor, seizing.

"Sam?" Dean asked. "Sammy?"

"Sammy?" Catty asked worriedly.

Dean and Catty ran over to Sam, kneeling next to him. Sam's eyes were open, but unseeing.

"Sammy, talk to us!" Dean told him. "Sammy!"

Sam looked too far gone to answer.

§ 

Flashback

Hell

Sam was standing in the cage, burning, screaming in agony.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 464 26
Sam Winchester is possessed by an Angel. Dean Winchester and Ness Singer-Winchester are in on the loop. Sam and Dean's sister, Catty, is not. Dean kn...
18.6K 519 13
Ness Singer is being just as there for the Winchesters and her father as before, maybe even a little bit more. Because now that the angels and the de...
37.6K 852 37
Maximum Singer has had stranger powers since she was young, and the only person who knew was her best friend, Sam Winchester. What will she do when s...
21.7K 518 23
Ness Singer is about to lose everything that she had counted on for most of her life. She lost her job in the last book, when the demons had come to...