Summer Without Cancer ( Harry...

By AbsStyles

All I wanted was one summer. A summer where I could forget the inevitable ending to my short story and focus... More

Summer Without Cancer (Harry Styles Fanfiction)
Prologue ~
Chapter 1 ~
Chapter 2 ~
Chapter 3 ~
Chapter 4 ~
Chapter 5 ~
Chapter 6 (Edited and Changed) ~
Chapter 7 ~
Chapter 8 ~
Chapter 8 ~
Chapter 9 ~
Chapter 10 ~ (PG 13)
Chapter 11 ~
Chapter 12 ~
Chapter 13 ~
Chapter 14 ~
Chapter 15 ~
Chapter 16 ~
Chapter 17 ~
Chapter 18 ~
Chapter 19 ~
Chapter 20 ~
Chapter 22 ~
Chapter 23 ~
Chapter 24 ~
Chapter 25 ~
Chapter 26 ~
Chapter 27 ~
Chapter 28 ~
Chapter 29 ~
Chapter 30 ~
Chapter 31 ~
Chapter 32 ~
Chapter 33 ~
Chapter 34 ~
Epilogue ~
~ Acknowledgements ~
~Surprise~

Chapter 21 ~

8K 180 10
By AbsStyles

"I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny."

― Dr. Seuss, The Cat in the Hat

- Harry -

Once again, England was having a rather unusual July heat wave and we were making the most out of it.

However I was beginning to regret introducing Eleanor and V, I mean who knew girls could become best friends so quickly. I guess it was handy for when I wanted to play golf but sometimes I just wanted It to be the two of us.

"Bit of your game today Haz" Louis said putting his hand to his forehead so he could see me under the sweltering sun. "You alright?"

I shrugged and took my position by the ball. I set my feet, wiggled my bum and even took a practice swing but my efforts were fruitless and my ball landed dead centre of the bunker.

I rubbed my hand against my jaw irritated, all golfers had off days, didn't they?

"So what are the girls up today?" Louis asked distracting me from the game.

I looked at him puzzled like he'd just asked me what I had for breakfast six years ago and then blinked, the fog clearing.

"Oh sorry" I said walking alongside Lou "They're um.... Getting they're nails done"

Lou chuckled "It's great that they're getting along isn't it?"

I nodded slowly "I'm just a bit worried about Viv"

It came out before I could stop myself. I prayed he hadn't heard but he stopped and looked at me confused.

"What for?"

I pressed my lips together. "Well" I breathed "I found out something the other day and I'm not sure if I should tell you?"

"Harry I'm your best mate, I won't tell anyone"

"Viv suffers from depression"

Lou's eyes widened and he looked at the ground, running a hand through his hair. "Jesus mate I didn't realize" he said putting a firm hand on my shoulder "you'd never know looking at her. She's so carefree and lively"

"Yeah" I sighed continuing to walked towards my ball "but there's a few things I've noticed"

I was louder now calling to louis from in the bunker. He stood a foot or so away from it, leaning on his club, with one hand in his capris.

"What's that?" He called

I took another awful shot, my ball rolling onto the green and then off again. I shook my head and walked back over to Lou who was preparing to putt.

"It's just" I continued "she's been having these moment where she...looses her breath"

"Looses her breath?"

Lou putt a perfect birdie into the hole.

"Yeah like sometimes she'll leave the room to go to the bathroom and ill hear her gasping or something like she does in her dream. Do you think I'm being paranoid here?"

"Maybe she's recovering from all the swooning she does over you"

"I'm being serious" I grumbled

"I know Haz" Lou laughed "but I don't think you need to be, she seems fine to be. You're just a man in love"

***

"I'm am definitely going back to her!" I raved grinning at my hands "who knew French tips looked so good?"

Eleanor laughed blowing the tops of her fingers. "Aren't they just? Fabiana is a nail miracle worker!"

I smiled sadly, she sounded like Fraya when she said things like that.

"Oh look there's Harry!" I smiled waving as he pulled up to the salon. "I'll text you later babe" I leaned over to hug her goodbye and then ran to Harry's car, hopping in and leaning over to kiss his cheek.

"Someone's happy!" Harry said suspiciously. "Have a good day?"

"I did indeed! Like my nails?"

Harry nodded though I'm pretty sure he couldn't care less. "Your lucky you've such a great boyfriend aren't you?"

I sensed sarcasm. It made me giggle.

"Actually....that was on Louis"

And ear to ear grin spread across Harry's face "that's my girl!" He said proudly, holding out his fist to nudge mine.

"How about we get started on those lessons"

I turned to smile at Harry "seriously?"

Less than ten minutes later Harry pulled into an empty car park stopping.

"Go for it" he slipped the keys into my hand.

For the following four hours Harry and I were between fits of giggles, total panic attacks and the odd shouting match.

Ultimately I dented Harry's car and he pretended not to care but he did.

I claimed it was his own fault for making me parallel park between tow dustbins when I could barely reverse.

Either or I still wasn't allowed drive home.

"Well you can cross that off your list" Harry said straightly.

"But I can't drive"

"I don't have a lifetime Viv!" He muttered

Neither do I, I thought morbidly.

I folded my arms and huffed as we drove home. I could see him looking at me from the corner of his eye but I didn't say anything.

"Ok what's next then?" Harry gave in, pressing his hand under my chin and faking missy noises.

I shrugged childishly.

"Oh your giving me that are you?" We had gotten out of the car and while I was standing one minute I was airborne the next and Harry had thrown me over his shoulders and was charging up the steps to his apartment.

"PUT ME DOWN!" I squealed kicking and banging my hands of his back.

When we got into the apartment Harry threw me onto the couch and mounted me, his hands digging into sides as I writhed in giggles.

"Say your sorry!" He threatened me with his hands hovering over my stomach and I pushed him off

"Ok ok, fine I'm sorry!" I was breathlessly laughing "next on the list is baking all night long?"

Harry grinned from the floor and sat up to kiss me. "Can love making all night be added there?" He added cheekily.

I ruffled his hair and made a face. "I'll think about it!"

"Where are we going to get ingredients at this hour, it's almost 8?" Harry asked looking at the clock on the wall.

I looked up in thought and then shrugged "go find somewhere, I need to shower anyway"

***

Not only had my boyfriend found the only baking shop in London but he had managed to charm the owner to keep it open so he could come back to the apartment an hour later with everything you could possibly need to bake including a giant mixer and a baking book.

Yes he was that amazing.

"Ok what first?"

We both stood in front of the mixer and ingredients, out aprons and chef hats on. Our options endless.

"Chocolate Orange cupcakes?"

"Let's go!"

If soon afterwards that I remembered Harry had told me he worked in a bakery once and was surprisingly good at this.

We started with cupcakes, then meringues, then scone and bread and cakes and pastries and so much that by six o clock in the morning not a single part of Harry's kitchen was free from bakery items. In fact we could've opened a shop.

But we both knew we were missing something. The classic chick flick part of the night.

The food fight.

Both of us being hopeless romantics (or sentimental dreamers as my dad would say) wanted this to happen but it was Harry who initiated the fight and the egg slowly ran down my back.

"You are so dead Styles" I scream charging at him with a floury sieve.

Harry pelted around the island facing me with wide eyes.

I narrowed mine and then as quick as I could spoon shot flour so his face was white. He coughed and spluttered creating a cloud of flour and then fired an egg at my head.

I screamed in borrow and ran to left over Icing at the same time as him. Sparing no mercy we smothered strawberry flavored icing onto each others faces and necks and then Harry darted off again so quick that when I turned around I was being sprayed with whipped cream.

I retaliated with golden syrup and soon enough What could've been a show kitchen for cleanliness had oil dripping from the Ceiling and two very messy teenagers lying on the floor. Laughing so hard their insides hurt.

"I think I need a shower" I said, pointing out the obvious

"Why waste water when we could shower together"

I yawned but grinned back "sounds good to me"

I went to stand up but harry pulled me back down he could put one arm on the other side of me and lean over me.

"Just one thing before we do?" He smiled "go to the big British summer ball with me?"

I ran my finger along the length of his nose taking off all the icing and licking my finger clean.

"Of course I will, now to the shower fine knight!"

Harry scooped me up and pecked my cheek, licking his lips.

"Mm... You taste great!"

A/N*

I loved that quote it was perfect for the chapter because things are bad and probably about to get worse they can still have fun and this quote is so light hearted for this chap :) anyway,

Yay a nice little light hearted filler chapter for my amazing readers who I love dearly!!

6,000 reads I can't breathe I mean..... What???? 6,000 that's like the price of Harry's boxers on eBay!!! THANK YOU FUCKING MUCH :O

Heehee like my made up ball that I created...? ;)

*does creepy sloth smile*

I thought so.

So did you think it was too cheesy or would you like me to go back to being sappy?

Oh! And I've changed a few things in chap 1 to make more sense but it's not that big :P

Anyhoo comment fan the usual and yeah....

*virtual hugs and kisses for everyone!*

- Naggie Abbie xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110 10 8
A story about growing up, self expression, and love.
10.6K 325 30
The first time he saw him, he had barely spoken a word. He didn't know him, but for some reason, he really wanted to. He didn't know what the outcome...
1.7K 49 37
All I wanted was one summer. A summer where I could forget the inevitable ending to my short story and focus on now. I had everything planned out, on...
1.7K 51 30
That's my first fan fiction so I guess it's an absolute crap, A girl meets Harry Styles as just another fan and many changes happens to both of their...