The Small Blonde Girl

By KamuraRizaki

This is a story about a guy who just couldn't face reality, and a girl who still found him worthy despite it... More

Chapter 1: Day 1
Chapter 2: The Morning After
Chapter 3: A Wet Nightmare
Chapter 4: Insanity's Blood Stained Heart
Chapter 5: 'Don't let me go...'
Chapter 6: Paradise
Chapter 7: A Refreshing Glass Of Love
Charter 9: "It might sting a bit..."
Chapter 10: Dashing As She Made Him
Chapter 12: All Due Respect
Chapter 13:"Doctor's Orders..."
Chapter 14: Tragady Befalls the Underserving
Chapter 15: A Warm Numbness
Final Chapter: Even Angels Have To Fly Away
Author's Notes

Chapter 11: "They're A Rowdy Bunch..."

12 0 0
By KamuraRizaki

She'd gotten changed, now wearing a pair of navy blue skinny jeans and a black short sleeved top that rested just one size too big, being relatively baggy and showing off a slight bit of skin, making her form just that much more appealing.

Rose had finished just 20 minutes ago giving an explanation where his hotel was and what room his belongings resided in before handing the tiny girl the key to his sleeping quarters and providing her a haphazard lecture on not losing his key which was being provided useless to him. He spent the majority of his time sleeping with her and resulting in never really using the bed he was paying for. Before she left she gave him a key just in case he was going out - left for the hotel; her eyes captured the keyhole and she slipped the key inside, twisting it 90° to the right and slipped inside, the door clicking shut behind her and securing itself.

The floor was littered with glass. There were several shirts sprawled out on the bed, left to their disheveled selves; shoes were sticking out a suitcase sloppily and a scrambled assortment of jeans, trousers, shorts and other leg wear lay to their own devices. His suitcase was also housing aftershaves, deodorants and colons - proving he was willing to make an effort even if she could not smell. Still a small, barely noticeable smile adorned her features. Growing slowly as she realized that despite the hider acne of her loss of scent. He didn't care; he treated that as he would any other person to make himself more presentable and to her liking.

She stepped forward towards the suitcase and stopped only when she heard a sharp crunch making itself known under her foot. Looking down she noticed a few pieces of glass which surrounded something vaguely metallic. Bending down to pick it up between her digits, she felt the smooth edge which at a touch began to pick into her fingers.

"Ow! Shit..." She quickly threw the metal edged product away and began to inspect her finger, for a slight touch the trench now engraved into her finger wasn't deep, but it stung like a burn in scolding water - red rain dripped from the weeping injury; the cold clank that had come from the metal shard had reached her hears and snapped her from her oozing hypnosis. Again, she approached and with far more caution, picked it up between her nails as though they were pliers and lifted it up against the light to be shown the hidden sheen and glint of the dark steel.

A sharpener blade shone with dull sparkle and ungracious glimmer in the dull hotel lighting. Taking in the reality to what she held was a terrifying one at the least. His outlet that scarred him so deeply yet brought him back to her with an essence of normality as he fell unpleasantly from his own psychological mantelpiece. A cold steel blade was his life support that poisoned his skin...

The Golden Girl shoved her way to the bathroom sink, finding a miniature minefield of glass chips and shards that had been scattered as a precarious explosion across the room in the fractured darkness; covered by the silk curtain across the window of light that refracted off the unceremoniously dismissed crystals.

With all shadows on her she dropped against the red speckled bowl and stared at the metal shard before her before triumphantly - although lackadaisical in spirit - tossed the bitter chrome splinter into the tortured fissure at the center of the tainted pearly abyss; never to be seen again. The grim scene; corrupted with malice and dread, as the air became thick, as though the fear that had progressed into nothingness had inevitably returned a puppeteer and it's strings and gripped at her heart. A deep sorrow washed over her body as she inspected the room more closely. Finding a few more specks of blood here and there and possibly a few hand prints pasted onto the pristine ice white tile walls; as though a struggle had taken place and that begged one question: who had Rose been fighting?

Eventually - with thoughts assaulting the corners of her mind and the same questions being asked, presenting themselves without liberty nor virtue. She was unable to stop herself from imagining the terrible onslaught that the evidence had faced her with due to her own personal inexperience. Although with basic conception she had been allowed some free apprehensive skills to understand why. No matter how much it scared her...

She would try and get some answers later, with stride and desperation to leave the room. She walked through the darkened doorway purposefully and focused completely on the task she had been sent for. Reaching towards a gray shirt with hundreds of little dotted shapes that was seamlessly an uncanny Fleur De Lis pattern however close speculation proved otherwise. She twisted around and scooped up a pair of white converse; very similar to the same page she owned with a red stripe going across the sole and finally a pair of tan chinos before approaching his half opened suitcase and ignored the idiosyncratic albeit comfortable living space where unseen memories vexed and harassed her mind with relentless, granted subtle provocation.

She picked up his suitcase and began to empty the internal contents until a desolate wasteland of waterproof fabric remained, with the swiftness of a lightning bolt; she stuffed the items into their temporal cells and zipped the prison for clothing back up to maximum security. One may ask her why she needed to use a suitcase for three items of clothing. She on the other hand would argue why she should look like an idiot walking around town with a bundle of clothes in her arms. It wouldn't draw attention and there wasn't a plastic bag around for her unfortunate self.

With that final thought; she left the peculiar room and locked the door right back up.

Ring Ring, Ring Ring

A sound pierced the lonesome corridor and a vibration spread threw her pocket and down her thigh. Excusing herself from her current chore, reaching in and taking her mobile. "Unknown...?" She asked herself, a state of mediocre chagrin ad she set the incredibly light case down before answering it with polite earnest mocked with years of practice. "Hello...?"

For a moment, her impatience skyrocketed as it took a while for her to receive a response, eventually acclamation adorned itself to her mind and a timid voice began to answer the phone, sounding somewhat similar to Canadian, according to her trained ears anyway. "Uh, this is Greater Niagara General Hospital..."

15 Minutes Earlier

Rose had spent his time sitting on a sofa, awaiting the owner of the dogs that currently buried him to come and save him from a furry and adorable death in a sea of dog hair and saliva. All in all, there were a total of 5.

The smallest was a little Jack Russell named Vixi, she was white and was laced head to paw in brown splotches, quirky as she way, she was seemingly quite timid and on the rare occasion; playful. Second came Yogi - another Jack Russell and he was also while just with black blemishes that littered his body. Having two brown dots above each eye and was far more playful than Vixi was, constantly jumping with his 4 other canine friends to attack Rose's face with a slobber assault. Thirdly was Riley, possibly the biggest of them all. He was a Golden Retriever with an orange fur coat. The stringy beast was tragically blinded in one eye though this hadn't affected his playfulness or ability to love when it was needed. Fourthly, Bailey was a cream color and like the name implies, she was much like the drink, in both color and personality. She was timid yet showed unconditional adoration to those around her. A pleasing quality to say the least. She like her comrades lapped at Rose's hand whilst wagging her tail ferociously. Finally; Murphy: 'The Dark Destroyer' as she had playfully nicknamed him. He was far too lively at times. Had bitten his nose at least once already but his little licks made it all worthwhile - despite barking in his ear; deafening Rose for a few moments, he was a rebel to say the least. His brown and black coat merged so perfectly. His fur reminded him of his own hair if he didn't brush it after a shower or like a Bee's own coat if given the chance to touch it; minus the yellow. His fervent activity made him impossible to ignore and his hyperactive state made him just adorable despite his size. It wasn't hard to see why she loved him, he gave off a great, powerful love for those around him. Protected what mattered and undisputed the feelings of his loving family. In all fairness and weirdness. Rose felt a strong connection with him, perhaps a bond that had only been created by the similar desire to protect her. They both loved her and with an understanding that only went as far as was allowed or desired. Though that was something that - between the two of them - was often escalated and magnified.

On the other hand: Murphy was tragically a target of Rose's ugly and despicable jealousy. A jealousy that deep down Rose knew was missed placed and indeed wrong. However, like the wind and the earth it bellowed above. It was something that unjustly existed - hoping to one's self that this jealousy could finally be dismissed after seeing the wonder with four paws. It was not. Nor were the chances that to be called great that it should ever disappear, the trip to see one that was beloved was and still had been phenomenal. Though it had instead enhanced a pointless rivalry.

Though that night... Rose waited for the demons, of which never really showed themselves until the night. Came. Though those 5 wonderful dogs around him kept him somewhat sane until those illusions tried to hurt him once more. He screamed, kicked and cried and tried to protect her fur covered children when she couldn't. He'd never honestly thought about why she hadn't returned, it never plagued his mind for long as his sanity was yet again under siege.

Eventually a knock came on the door and he was forced to disperse from psychological warfare for the moment; it had all disappeared. His mind racing, his own vision ruining the beautiful scenery and covered in a red misty paint only he could see. Rose ran to the door and flung it open, expecting to see her, the savior who had saved him from battle. No... Instead he saw a grotesque figure with skin that looked like it could easily be picked off with a pasty, sickly green hue with indents in the skin that made it look like this previously unseen creature had been struck by a bus which had then transferred every known disease onto and into its body. Its leathery pulsating as its chest began to tear itself open down the sternum before completely ripping open and tearing; allowing total visibility of the heart and lungs which seemed a feast to dedicated maggots. Its lungs then began screeching before it took a step towards Rose. Then he ran, into the kitchen he darted to and fro before launching at a knife and defending himself.

It was soon amongst him and he launched himself once. Then twice towards the figure as it weaved in and out of his blows like it was nothing before finally griping onto the horror. Thrusting forward yet again to destroy the demon and tear away the life it had ahead of it, one solid hit was all it would take!

A perfect strike... The knife had plunged into its heart and as soon as it went in the retracted. His vision had yet again destroyed itself before him. A police officer had been called over and now convulsed lifelessly on the ground, a small flood of oozing blood came from his mouth, nose and wound he had caused. Rose struggled to stand and instead collapsed again the wooden structure of cupboards behind him. He shook with a desperation as the realization of the situation caved in on his already fragile mind.

"No... no, no, no, no, no! This can't be happening!" Rose deceived himself with the words he knew weren't true yet denied so vigorously. He began banging his head off the wall repeatedly until a stream of blood rained from the back of his skull.

"Shh... it'll all be okay..."

A voice he recognized filled the room. Though looking around he saw nothing at all. Then it came again, whispering into his ear again with the same loving benevolence it always held. "Oh... what have you done... you idiot..." She spoke with almost unearthly prowess in her tone which did not go unnoticed by Rose. He began to ask himself why he should care? She was here. She would help.

"You don't understand what happened! I had to, he was going to kill me!"

A stinging sensation filled his cheek as she slapped him hard across the face. "Don't you dare raise your voice to me! I'm trying to help you... sweetheart... do you not want me to help you...? I can leave you here to take the blame. They'll hurt you... is that what you want...?" She then began to caress the burning in Rose's cheek with the same hand that had caused it.

Silence. It crept in like the day turned to night and the clouds passed in the sky. Then Rose shook his head; unable to speak... unable to think.

"Good, now I need you to do exactly as I tell you. Get several large bowls and fill them up with dog food and water. Do this a few times in different rooms and place a dog in a different one. One in the conservatory, dining room, living room, kitchen and hallway. Three bowls of food and two of water for each. Then meet me outside..."

It took him about 15 minutes and he had some trouble separating them properly. Murphy especially.

Though when he looked at them all... he suffered greatly. Having to leave them all behind broke Rose's heart. He never wanted to go. He didn't mean for this to happen... though when he came to Murphy and Bailey... he broke completely. Holding one for a few minutes as tears streaked down his face. Hugging into the other while sobbing hysterically.

He had to take a while to compose himself, getting a few licks from the beautiful creatures she had raised. So he waited until they were done before saying goodbye to them separately, parting and taking Murphy to hallway away from Bailey. He opened the front door just enough that he could actually slip away from him and chanced a final glance towards the pup...

Whining. Murphy began to whine just as badly and loudly as Rose had been crying. Then that whining turned to howling. He wanted to stay... Rose did so badly and seeing 'The Dark Destroyer' react so actively felt like his heart had just exploded 10,000 times over. Then the others began, too. Rose... needed to go... he felt it in his gut though he assumed they'd all be okay. So he stood his ground and closed the door. Locking it behind him... but he would be back. He promised himself that much.

"They're a rowdy bunch... but they're my rowdy bunch." She gave out a heavy exhale. It seemed this was taking a toll on her but she was trying to help. It showed she cared. "Come back every day and make sure they're safe... okay?" Rose nodded promisingly before they both looked into the moonlit horizon.

"Now... you run."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Suicidal By Kailyn

Non-Fiction

8.2K 173 15
This is the story of an abused teenage girl, Maddie. Her need to die has become overwhelming and she is trying to find a way to help herself before s...
All Monsters Are Human By huh

Mystery / Thriller

962 39 18
; saying goodbye has never been harder. completed. please read the tags first, thank u heads up for the cringe, bc like, this is a lil cringy but oth...
112K 3.5K 45
(Drowning Series - Book One) Alexandra Ariana Marino; The first born girl in three generations, known as the girl who always smiles and lights up h...
122 47 18
Molly. A young teenage girl struggling with her weight. People in school often call her "Trolly" - it's like her nickname. In school she's a popular...