Skinny Love: A Romione Love S...

By candorandjoy

BOOK 1 [Skinny Love Series] --- ||A Ron & Hermione Love Story|| Ron and Hermione are the perfect example of S... More

Disclaimer/Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chaptet Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Acknowledgements

Chapter Six

15.8K 367 843
By candorandjoy

||HARRY||

THERE was two minutes left on the clock and Slytherin was beating us by a few points which meant Ron only needed to block three more quaffles from going through. I gave up on catching the snitch about an hour ago when our seeker fell out of the sky, breaking his broom when he crashed. He was fine, of course, but that option of winning the game was now out of the question. It was up to the Keeper, also known as Ron. Luckily, ever since Ron drank the pumpkin juice full of Liquid Luck his spirits were skyrocketing, which gave him enough confidence to take out every single quaffle that came his way. If only he knew that I didn't actually slip the potion in his drink.

I look over my shoulder to check out the score once more. Sixty points separated us from the Slytherins, so close yet so far. We desperately needed a comeback from the brutal match we had last year. Slytherin crushed us with whopping eight hundred fifty-points to three hundred, and to make matters worse they also caught the damn snitch. The loss was so bad I almost felt ashamed to be a part of the team. I mainly felt bad for Angelina since she was captain at the time and most of the credit, good or bad, fell on her. And also for Wood since that was his legacy. Now the crown on quidditch captain has been passed down to me. I hope I can do it justice and live up the high bar that was set previously before me.

"You can do it, Ron! Only three more!" I yell, as I fly pass him.

He gives me a wink and mouths, "I got this, mate."

Rolling my eyes, I fly back to my position. You pretend to give a guy Liquid Luck and suddenly he thinks he can rule the world. I do a quick scan over the arena and notice two of Slytherin's chasers have just been knocked down. Good. That means they only have one left. Shifting my attention to the right, I look just in time to see Ginny take a blow to the stomach. The impact takes her by surprise and she falls off her broom, descending to the ground at an alarming speed. I bolt toward her without a second thought, quickly flying downward. I manage to catch her right before she hits the ground. I mount off my broom before settling her down on the ground.

"Ginny! Are you oka-OW!" I wince when she punches me in my right shoulder. I rub the spot as the pain continues to throb.

She glares at me. "What the hell are you doing? Get your bloody arse back out there in that game!"

I force to urge to roll my eyes. I just saved her life yet she punches me because I left a quidditch game. That's Ginny in a nutshell for you.

"I was trying to prevent you from crashing to your death-OW!" She hits me again. "Will you stop that!"

"Does it look like I need saving? Now get your arse back out there before I hex you into oblivion!" Ginny barks in my face.

I quickly stand to my feet, knowing better than to argue with an irritated Ginny, and mount back on my broom. Sometimes I feel like she is more of a captain then I am. Shaking my head, I get myself back in the game. I look over to see Ron knock two quaffles out of the way.

Come on, Ron. Only one more.

A Slytherin beater comes buzzing at me and whacks a bludger my way. I immediately dive downward just as the ball comes hurling over me. The beater growls in frustration before flying away. That was a close one.

"Ron Weasley prevents yet another quaffle from scoring! This puts the score at four hundred fifteen to four hundred twenty. Gryffindor wins!!" The announcer roars.

We win? We did it! WE WON! The crowd goes wild with cheers and chants while the Slytherin crowd gorans in defeat. Eat slugs Slytherin! Victory is ours! The team flies down, mounting off of their brooms. We hoot and holler in triumph.

"WE WON!" Dean chants. Did I mention Dean is on the team? Yep. Woo flipping hoo.

"All thanks to Weasley. He was wicked out there!" Katie Bell adds.

Ron blushes. He's not used to praises.

"It wasn't all me. I really couldn't have done it without Harry's help-whoa!" Ron gasps as the team hoists him up on they're shoulders, chanting WEASLEY! WEASLEY! I shake my head and start chanting along.

Ginny rolls her eyes but chants his name too. Ron is definitely going to let this get to his head. That's okay, though. Ron has never been really recognized for anything. Always trying to live up to his older brothers expectations. This little fame will be good for his confidence.

● ● ●

||LAVENDER||

Two hours has passed since the big win and everyone was still celebrating in the Gryffindor's common room. Confetti was tossed everywhere and it dances all around the room. Drinks and food was being devoured by everyone.

I am sitting in one of the chairs perched by the chess board, admirably watching Ron mingle with his friends. Parvati is next to me, reading a book. Quidditch is certainly not her thing but she goes to every game with me regardless.

The skin on my knuckles turn white as I tighten my grip on the arms of the chair. My eyes follow as I watch Ron make his way over to Hermione. Why? Out of all the better options, of all the girls he could have he chooses her?  My teeth clench as one of his arms slowly wrap around Hermione's waist just before he pulls her into a deep hug. I wish he would wrap his strong arms around me. Ron is even taller now. He's at least four inches taller than last year. His red hair looks even more gorgeous. Don't even get me started on his breath taking eyes.

Reaching around Hermione, Ron grabs a cup of pumpkin juice and hands it to her. I wish he would hand me a cup of pumpkin juice. Someone accidentally bumps into Hermione and causes the juice to splash her in the face. I snicker. Not so perfect, are you, miss goody-goody. But then Ron laughs as he mops the juice up with a napkin, causally swiping the paper napkin on her lips and cheeks. I notice that Hermione blushes. The girl has the nerve to blush? She doesn't even like him! Well... I don't know that for sure but I bet she doesn't.

"I. Hate. Her," I grit out.

"Hate who Lavender?" Parvati asks without looking up from her book.

"Her! Granger!" I clarify.

"Nothing new there," she yawns, clearly board with this conversation.

"Parv! Why can't you understand that I love him!" I say, frustrated.

"Lavender. You've been obsessing over him for over six years now. If you really li- I'm sorry, I mean love him, then do something about it and quit whining." She finishes. That's a marvelous ideas.

"So you're saying I should kiss him?!" I beam. Parvati finally looks up from her book.

"Did I say that?" She looks at me. "I don't think that's what I said at all."

"Technically, yes. You told me to do something about it."

She sighs. "What I meant was that you should tell him how you feel-"

"Through kissing! Parvati you're a genius!" I hug her before heading toward Ron. I walk right over to Ron, pushing Hermione out of the way. She shoots me a glare but I ignore her. I tap on Ron's should. When he looks at me, I smile at him.

"Oh, hey Lavender." He offers me a small smile.

I return it with a big one. "Hey."

"Did you enjoy the ga-" Ron doesn't get to finish his sentence because I crash my lips onto his. I hear the whole room gasp at once. Ron doesn't do anything at first, probably taken aback by my actions, it doesn't take long for me to feel the same strong arms that were around Hermione now slowly wrapping themselves around my waist. I mimic his moves by snaking my arms around his neck as he kissed me back. He presses his lips against mine and I just want to melt. This is ten times better than I dreamed. Ron's lips are softer than I imagined. I break a part from him just in time to see Hermione run away in tears. I smile. Poor, foolish Hermione. Doesn't she realize that nobody loves a smart ass?

I kiss Ron once more before I grab his hand, leading him out of the common room. The crowd cheers as we leave and I look to see Parvati looking at me. She smiles, giving me a thumbs up.

||HERMIONE||

Once I found a secluded enough space, I stop running. I slide myself down to the floor, perching myself on a step.

How could I be so stupid? Why would Ron ever love me? Our moments meant nothing. It was all nothing. But I mean, I can't really blame him. After all were just friends, right? I absolutely loath this feeling. I should not be crying. I should be happy for him. For the first time in his life Ron finally has a girl that takes an interest in him. I cry harder at the lie. I am the first person to take an interest in him. I was the one who has always been the for him. I am the one who has always loved him. Why won't this feeling go away? It's not like I ever told him how I felt...maybe that was mistake. My heart feels so broken.

"Hermione!" I hear someone shout. I ignore it. "Hermione I know you're in here."

Soon I hear footsteps. I look up through my tears to see a blurry Harry standing in front of me. He looks at the small canaries that are flying in circles above me.

"Just a charms spell. Practice," I mumble.

"It's really good." He says, sitting down beside me. He wraps one of his arms around my shoulders. Harry's arms are definitely not as strong as Ron's. Ron. I sob even harder.

"How does it feel. When you see Ginny with Dean?" I ask, suddenly.

"What do you-" he starts but I cut him off.

"Don't even try to deny it. I see the way you look at her. I see it in her eyes. You love her." I babble. He sighs, relenting.

"Well-" he starts but then we hear some giggles and footsteps. Ron and Lavender come running in, hand in hand. He is the last person I want to see.

"Whoops! I think this room is taken!" Lavender giggles, kissing his neck before running off. Ron, however, stays put.

"What's with the birds, 'Mione?" He asks, nervously. Mione. MIONE! He goes and kisses some other girl and he has the bloody nerve to call me Mione! That's it. Now I am angry. I stand up, knocking off Harry's arm.

"Don't you dare call me that, you disgusting prat!" I growl.

A hurt look flashes across Ron's face at my insult. "What wro-"

"Oppugno," I whisper. Suddenly the canaries stop going in circles and rapidly shoot forward, aiming their sharp beaks at Ron. His eyes widen and hr dives behind a wall just as the birds mash into it.

"Bloody hell, Hermione!" He howls before running off.

Great. Not only did you lose the love of your life, you lost your best friend as well. I flop on beside Harry and bury my face in his plaid long sleeve shirt. I sob and wail and sob and wail. He strokes my hair and whispers.

"It feels exactly like this."

Done and done! I so hope you are enjoying this rewritten version because I am having fun writing it! Be sure to leave lots of comments and tell me what you think! I love hearing from you guys!

Until next time!

~Sarah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 410 25
Annabeth has no idea how she's gotten this far, what, with not being able to sleep at night, to having ADHD and extreme anxiety, she has no idea what...
1M 40K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
357K 13K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
171K 3.6K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...