Chapter Six

||HARRY||

THERE was two minutes left on the clock and Slytherin was beating us by a few points which meant Ron only needed to block three more quaffles from going through. I gave up on catching the snitch about an hour ago when our seeker fell out of the sky, breaking his broom when he crashed. He was fine, of course, but that option of winning the game was now out of the question. It was up to the Keeper, also known as Ron. Luckily, ever since Ron drank the pumpkin juice full of Liquid Luck his spirits were skyrocketing, which gave him enough confidence to take out every single quaffle that came his way. If only he knew that I didn't actually slip the potion in his drink.

I look over my shoulder to check out the score once more. Sixty points separated us from the Slytherins, so close yet so far. We desperately needed a comeback from the brutal match we had last year. Slytherin crushed us with whopping eight hundred fifty-points to three hundred, and to make matters worse they also caught the damn snitch. The loss was so bad I almost felt ashamed to be a part of the team. I mainly felt bad for Angelina since she was captain at the time and most of the credit, good or bad, fell on her. And also for Wood since that was his legacy. Now the crown on quidditch captain has been passed down to me. I hope I can do it justice and live up the high bar that was set previously before me.

"You can do it, Ron! Only three more!" I yell, as I fly pass him.

He gives me a wink and mouths, "I got this, mate."

Rolling my eyes, I fly back to my position. You pretend to give a guy Liquid Luck and suddenly he thinks he can rule the world. I do a quick scan over the arena and notice two of Slytherin's chasers have just been knocked down. Good. That means they only have one left. Shifting my attention to the right, I look just in time to see Ginny take a blow to the stomach. The impact takes her by surprise and she falls off her broom, descending to the ground at an alarming speed. I bolt toward her without a second thought, quickly flying downward. I manage to catch her right before she hits the ground. I mount off my broom before settling her down on the ground.

"Ginny! Are you oka-OW!" I wince when she punches me in my right shoulder. I rub the spot as the pain continues to throb.

She glares at me. "What the hell are you doing? Get your bloody arse back out there in that game!"

I force to urge to roll my eyes. I just saved her life yet she punches me because I left a quidditch game. That's Ginny in a nutshell for you.

"I was trying to prevent you from crashing to your death-OW!" She hits me again. "Will you stop that!"

"Does it look like I need saving? Now get your arse back out there before I hex you into oblivion!" Ginny barks in my face.

I quickly stand to my feet, knowing better than to argue with an irritated Ginny, and mount back on my broom. Sometimes I feel like she is more of a captain then I am. Shaking my head, I get myself back in the game. I look over to see Ron knock two quaffles out of the way.

Come on, Ron. Only one more.

A Slytherin beater comes buzzing at me and whacks a bludger my way. I immediately dive downward just as the ball comes hurling over me. The beater growls in frustration before flying away. That was a close one.

"Ron Weasley prevents yet another quaffle from scoring! This puts the score at four hundred fifteen to four hundred twenty. Gryffindor wins!!" The announcer roars.

We win? We did it! WE WON! The crowd goes wild with cheers and chants while the Slytherin crowd gorans in defeat. Eat slugs Slytherin! Victory is ours! The team flies down, mounting off of their brooms. We hoot and holler in triumph.