Chapter Twelve

THE crew had finally reached the familiar house known as The Burrow. Fred brings the flying car to a stop just as the rusty machine blows out a puff of smoke.

"Easy girl," Fed murmured to the car, stroking the steering wheel. Once he turned off the engine, everyone rushed out of the crammed vehicle at once.

Hermione took a deep breath. Fresh air at last! It was Hermione's first time riding in a flying car and to say she hated would be an understatement. Since the car was so small, she ended up wedged between Fred and George in the front seat. Riding with them is like riding with lunatics. Although she would still choose a magical car over a broom any day.

Ron walks over to Hermione, handing her trunk to her. She smiles, remembering the moment not too long ago. As they walked from the train station to the flying car, Ron suddenly decided to hold Hermione's hand. It was a surprise at first, however, it didn't take long for her to relax in his touch, savoring the moment. It was the best thing Hermione felt in a long time, and it took all of her might to not squeal like a two-year-old.

As Harry and Ginny grabbed their stuff, the twins grab Hedwig and Crookshanks. Harry laughs when Crookshanks bit Fred's index finger.

"Bloody feline," Fred grumbles, sucking on his bitten finger, still holding the cat firmly underneath his arm.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

They all turn to see a fuming, red-faced Mrs. Weasley standing in the middle of the front door.

"I sent you an owl two hours ago, TWO HOURS, to pick them up and you come here forty-five minutes late?!" Molly yells at the twins as the wince at her shouts. She, then, turns her attention to Harry and Hermione. "Oh...Harry and Hermione. So good to see you dears!"

"Nice to see you too, Mrs. Weasley," Hermione and Harry say at the same time.

Throwing once last glare at the twins, Molly waves for them to go inside. They all do as told.

Once inside the smell of bread baking immediately fills the room. As the others rushed to put their belongings in their rooms, Harry lingers a bit to gaze at the familiar Weasley clock. That has always been Harry's favorite part of the house, hoping that he could one day have his picture in a spoon next to all the red-haired children. He always felt like the Weasleys were the only family he has ever had. He would never ask himself, it was too bold of a statement.

Harry soon joins the rest and goes upstairs to put his trunk, Hedwig, and his carry-on away. On his way from the room he shared with Ron, he happened to pass the girls room. The door is slightly cracked and he could see a sliver of long red hair. His chest tightened at the simple sight of Ginny. He knows he shouldn't since Ron is just downstairs but he couldn't help himself.

Without knocking, Harry slowly pushes the door open and walks in.

"And he held my hand the entire time- oh," Hermione stops mid-sentence when she notices Harry. "Hello Harry,"

At the sound of his name, Ginny turns over to look at him. Harry's breath catches in his throat.

"Gin, can you-er, help me with something real quick?" Harry spits out. Hermione narrows her eyes and smirks, causing Harry to squirm.

Ginny flips her red hair behind her back and smiles, "Okay. To be continued on this conversation," Ginny says to Hermione before leaving with Harry.

Grabbing his hand, Ginny leads Harry to the spare room at the top of the house. Mrs. Weasley usually saves that for when Bill, Charlie, or Percy came to visit. Opening the door, Ginny leads Harry inside and closes it, locking the door shut.

Ginny smiles at him before she crashes her lips onto his. Instantly, Harry wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. Ginny is feisty when it came to kissing and Harry absolutely loved that about her. Ginny bites down on his lip gently and it causes a tiny moan to escaped Harry's mouth. Grabbing at his shirt, she wads it up into fist in hands, and pushes harry onto the bed behind him, along with her on top. As they continue to kiss on the bed, Ginny massages her hands all throughout Harry's black hair. Their lips battling for dominance but then Ginny's tongue forces her way into Harry's mouth, they know he won the battle. Harry has no problem with that. Both of them are all lips, tongues and teeth. Harry's hands were all over Ginny's back while hers were all in his hair. Both were so caught up in the moment that neither of the heard the knock on the door.

BANG BANG

Both of them jumped. Ginny quickly gets off of the bed while Harry runs over to the book shelf, pretending to examining something. Ginny runs over to the door, unlocking it. It swings open and reveals an irritated Ron.

"Why was this door locked?" Ron demands.

"It wasn't locked," Ginny firmly denies.

"Then why didn't it open when I twisted the handle?" He bites out.

"You probably twisted it wrong. You're always messing up things," Ginny smirks, which causes Ron to scoff at her. Ron turns his attention to Harry, narrowing his eyes.

"What were you two doing up here anyway? No one comes up here," Ron states. Harry's cheeks turn right red. Avoiding any eye contact at his best mate, Harry prays that Ron doesn't notice his now wrinkled shirt and messy hair. Ginny somehow manages to look decent and like nothing every happened. It must be a magic only a females possess.

"We were looking for something," Ginny blurts.

"Oh yeah? What was that?" Ron says, raising an eyebrow. Ginny opens her mouth to answer but is cut off by the sound of her mother.

"DINNER IS READY!" Molly yells from the bottom floor. Thankful for being saved from more lies, Ginny and Harry rush downstairs without saying another word to Ron.

Ron just walks out the room, shutting the door behind him, and sighing to himself. Do they really think he bought that?

 Do they really think he bought that?

And the roll continues!

Until next time!

~Sarah