The New Guy, My Hero?

By ctpnguyen12

Catherine Nguyen was always bullied by her school, especially by the football star Drake Briem. She had a fam... More

The New Guy, My Hero?
Unusual Encounters
The Protector
The Turn
Memories
The Doctor Visit
Phone Calls
My Guardian Angel
In the Other World...
Going Back
Trolls
Meetings
The Olden Days
Michael's Past Revealed

Kindness

213 11 6
By ctpnguyen12

The wind stays still. Not a sound is made.

He takes a step closer.

A whisper comes through his lips.

"What....What happened...?"

I don't pay attention to his words. He is nothing to me. Only another guy who is worthless. I start to feel fingers coming down my back. Quickly jumping off of the bench, I turn around. Drake's face is strange. As in he is scared. Or shocked. Then I realize why. I completely forgot about what my parents did to me. Why? Because I'm so used to it.

"Catherine...who did this to you...?"

I respond with emptiness, "Nothing of your concern."

He takes a step closer to me, bringing his hand to touch my face. A face with cuts and bruises. I back away, looking to the side to avoid contact.

"Why did you call me here, Drake?"

"That doesn't matter! Why are you beat up with blood gushing out of your back?!"

He rushes up to me and shakes my shoulders and screams, "Who did this to you?!?!"

His grip becomes really tight so I squeak in pain. Automatically, he lets go.

"This is not your concern. If you have nothing to say to me, I will leave."

"Not until you tell me who did this!" he exclaims grabbing my wrist.

I rip out my hand out of his grasp and break for a run. Turning around for a moment, I look at his face. His face is...hatred? I'm not sure.. The bench is still beside him. I smile at the bench before running in the direction of my house. Hopefully he doesn't think I was smiling at him. How could I ever...

*Drake's POV*

"She was so bloody and frail...I thought I was the only one that hurt her..." I thought to myself. "I would never go that far though. Never to the point of blood and possible death. I will get to the bottom of this! Neil could help me. I'll call him now. But I can't ask him for help...No. Why should I help her? She's still a loser. Maybe it was just for show. Yea! She wanted me to feel bad for her! She.....ugh whatever. I'll just go home and see if anything happens tomorrow."

A shiver went down my spine, but I ignored it.

*Catherine's POV*

"Need...home...water....help....."

I walk in the direction of my house while stumbling. Before I knew it I was falling into someone's arms and saw a fuzzy face. I try to see who it is but I fall unconscious.

.............................................................

Pain. Soreness. Wet?

My eyes shoot open after feeling something wet on my forehead.

"Kade? Why are you in my house?"

He chuckles a bit and I start to notice my surroundings. I'm not in my bed. I'm not in my room. I look at Kade in the eye.

"Am I in your room?"

"Yes Catherine, you are."

Thoughts go through my head. I start giggling.

"What's so funny?" Kade asks with an amused tone.

"Well, I've read stories about a teacher and student relationship. People could totally take this the wrong way. I mean I'm at YOUR house! Hahaha ow ow ow..."

I bring my hands up to my head to cool down an oncoming headache.

"Nice job, Catherine, but you need to keep calm. I mean, if you saw yourself, I'd think you would run away from a monster. Speaking of which, would you like to tell me what happened?"

"Ha..ha..ha..."

"I know I saw Drake Briem at the park about a mile from where I found you, but I doubt he would go this far. You are lucky I'm studying medicine. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have been able to save you. Now, be a good little girl and tell me who did this, please."

"I'm sure you already know..."

"It was your parents, right?"

I nod in response, holding back the tears that are threatening to fall.

He sighs and starts to think about what to do next.

"You know, I really would report this to the police, but something tells me I can't do that," he tells me.

"If someone tells the police what they've done to me, they will kill me! Please don't! I've tried before and almost got my best friend involved! She almost got hurt! I can't have Melissa hurt...Not when I know what my parents can do..."

I can't stop the tears now. They are out like a waterfall.

"Shhh...it's ok, Catherine. I promise I won't. Even if it kills me."

He holds on to me as I weep.

After crying for a good ten minutes with him rocking me back and forth whispering soothing words, I notice how wet his shirt is.

"Kade! I'm so sorry! I ruined your shirt!"

"Haha, I don't mind. It's just a shirt. Not like I'm dead or anything!"

I smile at his sweetness. He's really kind to me. I guess he's pretty cute for a teacher, but I don't think I like him that way. He's like the big brother I never had, besides Chris of course, but he isn't home....Home!

"Kade! What time is it!"

"It's 10:15, why?"

"SHIT! I was out for how long?"

"Well I found you around 5:30."

"I need to get home! I'm only supposed to be out for two hours! My parents are going to kill me!

I start to panic and look for the door.

"Catherine! Calm down! I already rang your parents! I told them that I had called you back to school to take a test that you missed and that you will be going home with a friend since I didn't feel safe with you walking home alone!"

"And they believed that? And....AGREED?"

"Well, it took some convincing, but yes."

I gape at him in shock. How did he get my parents to let me get away with that? I mean, Melissa's grandmother tried and they didn't even budge!

"Don't look so surprised! I mean, it's me!"

"...don't ....no."

"Too weird?"

"Very."

We sit in silence for a few minutes.

"Kade?"

"Yea?"

"Thank you."

"Of course!"

"........Awkward turtle much?" I say after a moment of silence.

"Maybe haha. Well, I think it's starting to get late. We should sleep."

"Kade! That is not! No! We can't sleep together!"

"Haha, I didn't say together, did I? You have such a naughty mind. Unless, of course, you want to!"

"No! No! I'm to young!" I exclaim with a tomato face.

"I'm just kidding, Catherine. You actually believed me! Hahaha, this is priceless!"

He falls to the ground...literally rolling. I am so embarrassed right now. I can't believe he just trolled me! I mean, me!

"...Ok, yea, that was kinda funny," I admit to him.

"Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!" He continues, clutching to his stomach now.

"Stop laughing!"

"I-I-can't! Hahaha!"

"Hmph! Well if you insist on continuing, I'm going to sleep early so I can go to school in the morning!"

He stops laughing right away. I turn around, wondering what made him stop.

"Catherine, you can't go to school in your state."

"Why not? It's not like they haven't seen this before."

"Your teachers never ask what happened?"

"No, no one cares. Not even the teachers."

"You can easily get infected in your wounds. You are going to stay here with me and I'm taking you to the doctor in the morning!"

"But YOU have classes to teach and I have classes to attend!"

"For crying out loud, look at yourself!"

He drags me to a bathroom with a full length mirror. Now I see why he was so concerned. I was HIDEOUS! I think my parents really went far this time. I was BLODDY AS HELL! I turn around to look at my back. It was....horrid. I don't think these scars will go away within time. Good thing Kade patched up most of it.

"Now do you understand why I want to take you to the doctors?" he asked me.

"I only feel a little pain....I can just take pain medicine."

"No, we are going to the doctor in the morning whether you like it or not!"

"But Kade!"

"No But's!"

"But!"

"Zip it!"

".....What about teaching tomorrow?"

"I know you've heard of a sub."

"But that would take away from your vacation time!"

"There's a reason for these vacation days, Catherine."

"Yea, hence the word VACATION."

"There's also the word EMERGENCY."

Kade looks at me smugly knowing that I am defeated.

"Fine....But if they say I'm fine, you owe me $20!"

"And if you aren't fine?"

"Then you get to say 'I told you so!'"

"Not the best deal alive...But I'll take it!"

"Now that that's settled, where am I sleeping?"

"Well, we can sleep together like you suggested!"

"MR. THOMPSON!"

I chuck the pillow I was lying on at him.

"Kidding!"

"Some would think I'm more mature..." I murmur out loud.

"Well, since I live alone, I would say the cliché 'I only have one bed. You take it, I'll take the couch' line, but that's not true."

"Someone lives with you?"

"I didn't say which part was true. I live alone but have multiple rooms." You can pick which any one you want. C'mon, I'll show you around!"

I follow him to the upstairs part of the house. There were three rooms. All of them still has boxes since he just moved in, but other than that, it looks pretty good!

"Where will you be sleeping?" I ask him.

"I usually sleep downstairs, but I'll sleep up here tonight in case something happens."

"Gee, I'm not a little kid."

"Something wrong with worrying about your safety?"

"No, I just think I'll be fine."

"Are you really going to argue with the person who is giving you a place to sleep at other than your place?"

"No..."

"Good girl! Now pick your room!"

I look around the rooms and decide on a green themed room.

"I'll use this one."

"I was hoping you'd say that. Here are some clothes for you to change out of. They are my sisters. She decides to keep clothes at all of her family's houses for emergencies and this case is an emergency. And here is a toothbrush and toothpaste. You'll have your own bathroom, but no showering. The doctor needs to see everything fresh. I already cleaned up the wounds and got the dirt off of you. Hurry along!"

"You're like a father/mother..."

".....Just go. I'll be in the room across the hall if you need anything. Wake me up if you feel pain or what not."

"Ok, will do! Thanks! Good night, Kade."

"Goodnight, Catherine."

I walk into my room and shut the door. The bed looked comfy. I changed into the new clothing and brushed my teeth. Afterwards, I went straight to bed and immediately fell into a deep slumber.

............................................................

"Catherine! Get over here! Right now!" my dad screams.

He has a scary look on face. What does he want to do to me? I don't want to be hurt anymore!

I back away into the wall, hoping for someone to help me.

"If you don't come to this spot this instant, I'm going to hurt you!"

"No, daddy! Please don't hurt me anymore!"

"Five! Four! Three!"

"Ok daddy! I'm sorry!" I scream through my tears.

"STOP CRYING YOU STUPID GIRL!" my mother screeches.

"I'm sorry, mommy! Please stop!" I plead.

"That's it! You asked for it! You are so stupid! I can't believe I have a fucking child like you!" my father yells.

He stomps toward me, takes my hair and raises me up while my mother takes a long stick and whips me with it.

"Ahhh!!!! Please!! Stop!!!"

They continue for ten minutes, hitting me and raising me by my hair. After beating me up, they drag me on the floor and throw me to my room.

"If I hear a noise come out of that room, you won't be seeing daylight for another week!" my mother exclaims.

Knowing they were serious, I start to cry silently. Tears came down my chubby cheeks. I think about the other children. They probably are sleeping peacefully with loving parents. Why do mine hate me so much? What did I do to deserve this? I don't want to be in any more pain...

My door starts to open. I look up to see my brother. He looked in my room looking happy, that is, until he saw me.

"Catherine! What happened to you?"

I see my parents giving me an evil look. I wish I could tell you, Chris...

"I fell from a tree I was climbing..." I whisper.

"Catherine, you're so clumsy for a seven year old! I can't wait until you're my age! When you are 12 like me, you'll be strong!"

"I doubt it..."

"Haha, well, here. I got some bandages for you"

He wraps up the noticeable scratches on my arms.

"Are you hurt anywhere else?"

Yes.

"No, I'm ok. Thank you."

"Alright. Oh yea, guess what! I'm the only one in my class who got a hundred on my science and math test!

"Well, of course, Chris. You're smart!"

"I don't know. But Mom and Dad said they have presents for me and cake. You wanna come join us? It's chocolate!"

"No, I'm going to go to sleep. I'm really tired," I lied.

"Ok, get some rest! I'll see you in the morning!"

He leaves to have my favorite flavored cake with our parents. They love him so much. Why can't they love me?

I look down at my tiny toes, not wanting to get up. My mother walks in.

"If you scream, I'll hit you again."

I didn't know what she meant, until I felt pain in my head. She hit me! For no reason!

"Don't come out for cake, and don't tell your brother anything."

.................

I wake up from that horrid memory. I notice the tears are coming from my eyes. I stare up at the ceiling for a while. I hear breathing, but it's not mine. What? Turning my head, I see Kade staring at me.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

"I'm sorry, but, are you ok?"

"Uhh-uhh-uh yea??"

"I heard you crying. You were whimpering."

"Oh...I just had a nightmare..."

"Was it a memory?"

"How did you know?"

"You looked at the ceiling. It looked like you were thinking about something. So I guessed a memory."

"Yea, it was..."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"No it's ok."

"Well, go back to sleep. It's only three A.M."

"I'm sorry for waking you up."

"Don't worry about it. I'm a light sleeper."

"Ok, thanks."

I slowly turn my back to him, making sure not to make my wounds hurt more than they already do. He doesn't leave. Why isn't he leaving?

"Uh, Kade?"

"Yes?"

"You can go now."

"I'm going to stay here."

I immediately sit up.

"Ow! Um, why?"

"Careful! Just want to make sure no more nightmares come."

"Oh...it's ok. This is normal. I have this every time my parents hurt me."

"Well, I want this to stop, at least when you're staying here."

"Ok...."

I slowly lie back down, closing my eyes to sleep again. As I try to sleep, I feel the bed dip.

"Are you....are you sleeping on the bed with me??"

"Catherine, no dirty thoughts! I gotta sleep too!"

"You're kidding me...."

"Don't worry! I'm just sleeping. There's a whole foot gab between us!"

"You're lucky I'm injured. Otherwise I'd kick you out of here."

"You would do that to your teacher?"

"Yea!"

"Aggressive...I like that."

"KADE!"

"Just kidding! Now go to sleep!"

"I would but you're distracting me."

"Oh, oops! I'll be silent now. Good night!"

"Night."

We fall asleep in the late hour, and for the first time, I don't have any nightmares.

Author's note:

WOW! This was a long chapter. Hoped you enjoyed this one. What did you guys think? Will a relationship spark between the two? Oh no! A teacherxstudent? IDK, we'll find out soon! :D Comment and vote! Please! Share this story with your friends! Let's see, the person paying Chris is to the side. It's going to be Wesley Chan from wongfuproductions! He has AMAZING videos. And he's funny! He will be playing the older version of Chris. Remember, VOTE AND COMMENT and I guess SUBSCRIBE! Love ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323 22 16
"If you hate me so much, then why do you stick around?!" I yelled. "I don't hate you. You're just so fucking annoying!" He yelled back, throwing his...
320K 6.6K 104
When Catherine Meyers started a new school in New York all she wanted was to be invincible. She was okay with being in the background. Her plans were...
3.9K 195 44
Emilia Thomas moved to London to start a new life with her family, and to get away from her troubled past. There she starts her school hoping that he...
183K 5.2K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...