New York State of Mind (A Ryd...

By RyleyBridges

*THIRD BOOK IN THE SUPERMAN SERIES* Ryley Bridges, Ryder Lynn, Marley Rose and Jake Puckerman have finally le... More

New York State of Mind (A Ryder Lynn Love Story)
Chapter 1 ~ Your Song
Chapter 3 ~ Wonderwall
Chapter 4 ~ Walk This Way
Chapter 5 ~ Skyscraper
Chapter 6 ~ Who Says
Chapter 7 ~ You're The One That I Want
Chapter 8 ~ Silver Lining (Crazy Bout You)
Chapter 9 ~ Lego House
Chapter 10 ~ Torn (Girls Day)
Chapter 11 ~ Fix You
Chapter 12 ~ Trapped
Chapter 13 ~ All I Want For Christmas Is You
Chapter 14 ~ Silent Night
Chapter 15 ~ Try
Chapter 16 ~ Who You Are
Chapter 17 ~ Beautiful
Chapter 18 ~ One Hand, One Heart
Chapter 19 ~ Somewhere
Chapter 20 ~ Return of The Graduates (BEST SONG EVERRR)
Chapter 21 ~ Anything Could Happen
Chapter 22 ~ Lights
Chapter 23 ~ Worldwide
Chapter 24 ~ Royals
Chapter 25 ~ Back to New York
Chapter 26 ~ Romance
Chapter 27 ~ Guys Day
Chapter 28 ~ LA
Chapter 29 ~ Read All About It (The Newlyweds)
Chapter 30 ~ The End

Chapter 2 ~ You Are The Music In Me

832 9 2
By RyleyBridges

So the title for this chapter is a HSM2 song.

Don't judge.

High School Musical, Spice Girls, NSYNC and Glee's cover of Creep are my total guilty pleasures by far. And looking at pics of the glee guys shirtless (PROBLEM?)

Enjoy this chapter though guys!

---------------------------------------------

Ryder sits up, panting and sweating. He just had another nightmare and he's hoping to not wake up Ryley next to him. He gets out of bed, quietly and slowly. He walks out of the room, shirtless since that's how he sleeps.

He sits out in the living room, remembering the dream...

~Dream Mode...~

"Sorry Mr Lynn. Mrs Lynn is dead."

Those were the words Ryder didn't want to hear from the doctor. He ran down the hallway to the room Ryley's now dead form is in. He opens the door slowly and looks at the pale and lifeless body on the bed. The only colour on her body is dried up blood and fading bruises. She was murdered and abused by a trusted person. Casey Dean, the last boyfriend Ryley had before promising her love to Ryder. Her romance with Casey only lasted a couple of months but they ended up being friends.

"How is she?" A voice asks from behind Ryder.

Ryder turns to see Casey. Anger pumps through Ryder and he zooms up to sad looking brown haired ex-Warbler who looks like he is more mature than who he was in their Senior year of high school.

"You did this to her! You killed her, you bastard! You be fricking locked up!" Ryder shouts, grabbing the collar of Casey.

"She neglected me! I loved her!" Casey shouts.

"She didn't love you. She married me and we were happy but you ruined it." Ryder says, releasing Casey.

"You should know she was pregnant." Casey says.

"What?" Ryder is shocked.

"She was two months pregnant. She hadn't told anyone since she wanted a while to see if she was really pregnant." Casey says, folding his arms and leaning on the wall.

"How come she trusted you with this? Why not Marley? Or me?" Ryder asks.

"I didn't kill her. I found her and her last words were telling me she was pregnant." Casey says.

Casey vanishes and the whole scene changes in Ryder's dream. He's dressed in all black at a funeral.

Ryley's funeral.

He doesn't want to be but she was his wife and he has to be here. One of the things he doesn't want to do is look in the coffin. He can't bear to look at Ryley's lifeless body.

Marley's already balling her eyes out with Rachel and Kurt also doing the same. The boyfriends of the three are comforting them while Ryder is pushing back his urge to cry.

After a while, he finally looks in the coffin to see Ryley, beautifully pale. Her short just past her shoulder length brown hair just rests beautifully around her face.

Ryder gently strokes her hair just like he would do when he'd wake up before her. It's still as soft and silky as always but this time she's not waking up.

As he stroked her cheek, her body crumbled to ashes, blowing away in a gusting wind that blew past him.

That was when he woke up.

 ~Real Life...~

Ryder tries not to have these dreams but they just happen without warning. It's not visions since he knows that he's not psychic. He's just a normal guy who loves a girl with all his heart.

Dreams like this are normally usual, according to Ryley. She told him that she's had dreams like this once or twice but for him, they're happening more often. 

"Hey." A voice says from behind Ryder, making Ryder jump in fright. It's Ryley, looking her alive self in his long sleeve striped shirt that looks huge on her and pyjama shorts. She walks forward to sit on his lap.

"Why are you up?" Ryder asks, wrapping his arms around her waist as she sits on his lap.

"I heard you get up. I know you were trying to be quiet but I'm worried for you and it's alright for me to be worried since I love you." Ryley says, wrapping her arms behind his neck.

"It's nothing. I just had another nightmare." Ryder says.

Ryley puts her hand on his cheek, lifting it so they have eye contact, "It wasn't just nothing to me. What happened it?"

"You were already dead. We were married since in my dream, they called you Mrs Lynn. I thought Casey had killed you since he found you but when he did find you, you were already dead and apparently, two months pregnant since that was you're dying words to Casey. I went to your funeral, saw you dead but you dissolved to ashes under my hands." Ryder explained.

All he receives from Ryley after telling her all this is a sweet kiss. They part, foreheads touching, "Come back to bed. You look and sound tired." Ryley says.

"I am tired." Ryder says.

Ryley gets off Ryder's lap, grabs his hand and drags him to their bedroom to just sleep after a couple more sweet kisses.

------------------------------------------

Ryley and Ryder walked down the street of New York, hand in hand. Jake and Marley wanted some 'private time' in the apartment so after some begging, Ryley and Ryder left them.

"There's always been this one duet I've wanted to sing with you." Ryley says.

"What is it?" Ryder asks.

"You Are The Music In Me from High School Musical 2." Ryley says with a smile.

"Ugh, High School Musical. I always hated those movies." Ryder says.

"Well, those movies were some of the greatest of my life." Ryley says.

"If you want to perform this duet, where should we sing it?" Ryder asks.

"You actually want to perform it?"

"Yeah. I think it's probably one of the only good songs from High School Musical so let's." Ryder grabs her hand and drags her to a theatre for musicals across the street. They sneak inside, realising nobody is in the theatre.

There's a piano to the side of the stage so Ryder wheels it to the centre of the stage. Ryley takes a seat at the piano and Ryder sits next to her. Ryley begins to play.

[Ryley:]

Na na na na

Na na na na yeah

You are the music in me

You know the words Once Upon A Time

Make you listen.

There's a reason.

When you dream there's a chance you'll find

A little laughter or a happy ever after

[Ryley & Ryder:]

Your harmony to the melody

It's echoing inside my head

[Ryley (Ryder):]

A single voice

(Single voice)

Above the noise

[Ryley & Ryder:]

And like a common thread

[Ryder:]

Hmm, you're pulling me

[Ryley:]

When I hear my favorite song

I know that we belong

[Ryder:]

Oh, you are the music in me

Yeah it's living in all of us

[Ryley:]

And it's brought us here because

[Ryder & Ryley:]

Because you are the music in me

Na na na na (Ohh)

Na na na na na

Yeah yeah yeah (Na na na na)

You are the music in me

[Ryley (Ryder):]

It's like I knew you before we met (Before we met)

Can't explain it (Ohh ohh)

There's no name for it (No name for it)

[Ryder & Ryley:]

I'm saying words I never said

[Ryder (Ryley):]

And it was easy (So easy)

Because you see the real me (I see)

As I am

[Ryder & Ryley:]

You understand

And that's more than I've ever known

[Ryley (Ryder):]

To hear your voice (Hear your voice)

Above the noise (Ohh ohh)

[Ryder & Ryley:]

And no, I'm not alone

[Ryley (Ryder):]

Oh you're singing to me (Ohh yeah)

As they sing to each other by sitting at the piano, they don't realise people enter. To be exact eight people they know who decide to walk down the side steps of the theatre and towards the stage.

[Ryley & Ryder (Ryder):]

When I hear my favorite song

I know that we belong (Yeah ohh)

You are the music in me

It's living in all of us

And it's brought us here because

You are the music in me

Together we're gonna sing (Yeah)

We got the power to sing what we feel (What we feel)

Connected and real

Can't keep it all inside (Ohh)

Jake, Marley, Finn, Rachel, Kurt, Blaine, Brittany and Santana join in to make it a group song. Ryder and Ryley are clearly shocked at their friends entrance but they just sing.

[All (Ryley & Ryder):]

Na na na na (Ohh yeah)

Na na na na na (Ohh yeah)

Yeah yeah yeah (Na na na na)

[Ryley:]

You are the music in me (In me)

[All (Ryley & Ryder):]

Na na na na (Ohh yeah)

Na na na na na (Ohh yeah)

Na na na na

You are the music in me

[All (Ryder & Ryley):]

When I hear my favorite song (Favorite song)

I know that we belong (We belong)

You are the music in me

Yeah it's living in all of us

It's brought us here because (Here because)

You are the music in me

Na na na na (Ohh yeah)

Na na na na

[All (Ryder):]

You are the music in me (Yeah)

Jake, Marley, Finn, Rachel, Santana, Brittany, Kurt and Blaine clap as Ryder and Ryley kiss.

"That was awesome." Rachel says.

"I know right." Ryley says, her forehead leaning against Ryder's.

---------------------------------------------------

Ryder and Ryley were cuddling on the coach watching a marathon of The Big Bang Theory in their apartment. Jake and Marley were out for dinner on a date.

"This is nice. Just the two of us in our apartment." Ryley says to Ryder, playing with his shirt during an ad break.

"Yeah. It is." Ryder says.

The doorbell rings.

"It must be just the others across the hall. Maybe they wanted to hang out for the night." Ryley says, getting out of Ryder's embrace to answer the door.

She slides the door open and is in shock at who she sees.

"Casey?"

-------------------------------------------------

Ooooo...looks like Casey is back.

I honestly wasn't completely sure whether to bring Casey back or not but I did soooo.....

Songs Used:

You Are The Music In Me - High School Musical 2

Vote!

Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 6K 39
"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to know you. To know the way you react to th...
117K 1.6K 100
Everything is starting on my senior year. I date my brother's best friend who is the football player and one of the most popular kids in school. Unti...
44.9K 1.3K 13
So Finn had asked the older kids to come and help him prep the glee kids for Sectionals and, of course, everyone was on board. "All right, do you rea...
13.4K 1.2K 28
It's the year 2153. The world has fallen into a state of monarchy. Every country has a king and queen. And every country wants to increase their tie...