I Got What You Want ( Lucas C...

By chnxll

Aaliyah had to leave her life behind and begin a new. Lucas Coly.. would he become apart of it or wreck the b... More

Attention
Heartthrob
Sugar Coat
Babygirl
You Got Me Fucked Up
Over
Talking
Solitude

Truth

112 2 1
By chnxll

It had been several weeks since Lucas came completely drenched knocking at my door. Yes, I admit I forgave him quite easily, but there was something about that boy. The connection, the feeling, the mutual understanding of just being able to be with each other without saying anything.

He brought me comfort in many ways, ways I wish I couldn't admit. Maybe it was because he was the first person to create a safe place for me to adjust, or perhaps it was the way he would speak to me in French when he couldn't explain in words how much he cared for me. All I knew was that boy had my heart in more ways than one. 

As much as I wanted to be angry at him for kissing his ex, who was both a friend of ours, I couldn't seem to be mad at him for long. That didn't mean I was going to settle though. It just meant I needed clarity, even if it meant that I needed to test him and Alaina. 

For the most part, things were back to normal, I had aced my finals and continued maintaining work deals for my mother. In the meantime, I wasn't particularly sure what I wanted to do after graduation, considering I had organised the relocate back to London. 

After procrastinating for weeks, I decided I needed to talk to Lucas. Try to understand what he wanted from us, what my plans were and how it all fit in the grand scheme of things. I wasn't really sure how to approach him, he was always so possessive, jealous and persistent. Maybe it was because he was so passionate about us, or perhaps it was because we were something out of his control.

With that, I had arrived at his place, not thinking too much about how I was going to talk to him.

"Baby, what you doing here? I was meant to pick you up at 6 remember!" he seemed surprised.

 With us officially together, he had been so cute, with setting up dates every other day in between his studio sessions and signing deals. 

"Mmmmm, I just wanted to spend some time with you before we do something active," I mumbled.

His face lit up like a beam, I wasn't as forward as Lucas, I loved making little gestures, but nothing too serious, I was still worried about his feelings for Alaina. I didn't want to get hurt but I needed to know for sure, considering we never spoke about it after we made up.

"Liyah, I know you enough to know somethings up, what is it baby?" he pried. He really knew me too well.

"--" 

For a moment I needed to recollect my thoughts, I didn't want to argue, I just wanted him to be honest.

"Why were you at Alaina's house?" 

"Oh," he paused.

"Baby, I thought we were past this?" he cooed.

"We are Lucas... I just need to know if I'm in a situation where you keep going back to your ex."

"But I haven't, we weren't together when I did." he reasoned

"Buttahbean..." I sighed.

"Any man that goes back to his ex, has unfinished business to resolve." 

"So what, you think I still care about her?" he hissed

"Don't be irrational about it, baby. Just tell me the truth, that way I know where to move forward."

"The TRUTH?!!... Why can't you just trust me Liyah, I'd never do that to you, you know that. Alaina was the one who cheated on me remember?" he was becoming irritated and I could see this wasn't going to end well if I didn't stop it.

"Then tell me why you were there.. please."

He took a moment and began pacing around the room. He was pulling at his curly hair for god knows what. Why was this so serious if he did nothing? Why would he react like that?

The lack of response made it clear what I needed to do, leave. Using my palms to push myself off his bed, I made my way to his bedroom door.

"Where are you going?" his voice was laced with frustration.

"Home, baby. It's okay, you don't have to explain yourself." I was tired of the constant fear of being hurt, regardless of whether I loved him or not. I needed honesty, I needed transparency, I needed the truth

Without that, flowers, food, cuddles and kisses were meaningless.

"Stop, I'll explain."

"It's fine, you don't need to. I hear you loud and clear, Lucas. Your actions speak the loudest to me." I whispered bitterly.

"LIYAH!" he shouted, so loud that every hair on my body stood on end. He had never raised his voice to me. Ever.

"Just sit your ass down, why you so quick with leaving every minute? I said I'll explain."

"Look, you hadn't been at school in weeks after our little argument at your locker. You weren't answering my texts or calls. I tried contacting your mum, but she's always busy with her businesses. Robyn refused to talk to me so that left Alaina. She was the only direct connection I had to you. I had to get you back. Whatever it took." he began.

"Right.." I prompted.

"So I went to her house, with innocent intentions. I just wanted to talk to you, I thought maybe she could call you and you meet up with her or something."

"She seemed different like she had a look in her eyes. Then all I knew was she was kissing me. I pushed her away without even thinking. She said that if I slept with her and you found out, you would be mad and that would give me an opportunity to talk to you."

"So you were going to sleep with her Lucas?" I felt disgusted... why would she say that if she already knew what we were going through.

"Of course not, I couldn't bring myself too. I contemplated for a moment because I was desperate but I would never do that to you, or myself"

"So what she said if you told me you fucked her, I'd want you back?"

"Something like that, I guess," he said scratching the back of his neck.

"What the hell Lucas? Make it make sense" I huffed in disbelief.

I know damn well this boy isn't going to tell me that bullshit and expect me to believe it.

"Aaliy-"

"Shut up Lucas, just... just answer me this. Do you still love her?"

"No, I do not." He clapped back with no hesitation.

"Then why the fuck, were you there?"

"I just told you, for fuck sake."

"You went there for comfort didn't you."

"What?"

"You went there to be cuddled up and babied by her, that's why you went there, Lucas. You think I'm dumb but I'm not."

"Aaliyah, no the fuck I didn't, you can ask her if you want," he stated calmly.

"Lucas, listen to yourself that's like me coming to you with a hickey on my neck and saying its a rash..."

"Baby, please, I promise you I had no other intention than getting you back. I can promise you that on my momma."

"Whatever Lucas, all you do is play games, and I don't have time for it."

I don't know what happened, or why he switched so quick, but I found myself pinned up against the nearest wall. His warm breath glazed my face, teeth grinding and his jaw flexed. He was trying to compose himself.

"Look, baby, a man has limits, and I've reached mine with you. I love you, and I don't know how many times I have to say it for it to be drilled in your head, but I do. I don't play games with the people I love, especially the woman I plan to make my wife and the mother of my kids someday. Alaina was a friend, now she's an ex. I sure as hell won't let her hurt me again through losing you. This conversation was stupid, but I entertained it for the sake of respecting you."

At the moment, all I could see was his golden skin inches away from my face, maybe it was his demeanour that caught me off guard. All I knew is I loved being put in my place. My breathing hitched as he closed the space in between us.

"The one playing games baby is you. You know I would marry you tomorrow if I could. Shit, I'd drop everything here to be with you. I'd move to wherever you want to be, no hesitation. But baby, as much as I'm a supporter and lover of women, I can't have my baby working her pretty little ass off to meet ends meet."

"Oh," I breathed.

"Mhmm, why you think I'm in the studio, hustling every minute, baby?"

"For you, for us, for our future. I'm serious about only you."

The embarrassment I felt from being sceptical for no apparent reason, I couldn't bear to look him in the eye. In a swift movement, his lips found mine, soft and supple as always.

"I love you" he mumbled against my lips.

Trailing open-mouthed kisses down my neck, I felt this new heat radiating throughout my body, this was it, this was the moment.

"I love you" he mumbled again, against my neck.

Grasping his cheeks, I brought him back to my lips.

"Thank. You. For. Telling. The. Truth."  I peppered in between kisses.

"Always, baby." he moaned.

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Apologies for not updating in like 3years, time caught up to me, my writing style has changed completely, but this is the end till I can think of a better ending/further develop the story.

This one is for all the readers that have asked me to update persistently for the last three years <3 x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 2.5K 63
Her name is Braelynn and his name is Lucas. She's the typical preacher's daughter and daddy's girl mixed all in one, which makes her a double goody t...
144 0 26
Continuing on from book one, things between Hannah and Dylan may fall apart from , will they ever get back together, and will a hot new neighbour tea...
6.8K 300 17
1 year after the aftermath of what happened Lucas is coming back But things will be very different How will Maya react to him coming back Will she...
7.2K 657 57
Y'all remember the girl Asia that was kidnapped, raped, jumped, shot, the one that the doctors said had lost her child but she ended up having him ea...