My Daughter (Dramione)

By wantinghemmings

It was the news that shocked the Wizarding World. Hermione Granger, the War Heroine of the Second Wizarding W... More

Chapter 1 (Updated)
Chapter 2 (Updated)
Chapter 3 (Updated)
Chapter 4 (Updated)
Chapter 5 (Updated)
Chapter 6 (Updated)
Chapter 7 (Updated)
Chapter 8 (Updated)
Chapter 9 (Updated)
Chapter 10 (Updated)
Chapter 11 Pt. 1 (Updated)
Chapter 11 Pt. 2 (Updated)
Chapter 12 (Updated)
Chapter 13 (Updated)
Chapter 14 (Updated)
Chapter 15 (Updated)
Chapter 16 (Updated)
Chapter 17 (Updated)
Chapter 18 (Updated)
Chapter 19 (Updated)
Chapter 20 (Updated)
Chapter 21 (Updated)
Chapter 22 (Updated)
Chapter 23 (Updated)
Chapter 24 (Updated)
Chapter 25 (Updated)
Chapter 26 (Updated)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Book 2
Chapter 44 (Book 2)
Chapter 45 (Book 2)
Chapter 46 (Book 2)
Chapter 47 (Book 2)
Chapter 48 (Book 2)
Chapter 49 (Book 2)
Chapter 50 (Book 2)
Chapter 51 (Book 2)
Chapter 52 (Book 2)
Epilogue: The Final Chapter
Bloodlines Published!

Prologue (Updated)

86.1K 1.6K 1.2K
By wantinghemmings

December 10, 2020

Dear reader,

Welcome!

Please read this part before proceeding with the story to avoid any confusion with the story as you go along.

First, I started to update chapters in 2017 and it's still ongoing. I know it's been a few years but I'm doing it slowly to ensure you have a good reading experience. To be honest, I am having a hard time editing each chapter to fit the vision I have for this story. This is my baby, the very first story I finished. That's why I want this to be a good fanfiction.

Second, as I continue along with updating every chapter, you will notice changes and I am already informing you of big changes to the story. For example, I have been thinking about removing a character I made or adding an event to suit the flow of one chapter to another.

Also, before I forget, please avoid spoiling everyone in the comment section. This is for everyone's enjoyment especially at times like this with the pandemic. I hope to give some sort of comfort to everyone reading.

Thank you for reading. I love you all!

-Ly (@wantinghemmings)

**

Prologue *2020 Update*

"Adorable." Ginny Potter cooed at the bundle of pink sheets she was carrying in her arms. The little one just yawed and tried to open her eyes.

"You'll be carrying one again soon enough." Pansy Zabini pointed out gesturing to Ginny's swelling stomach.

"That's true." Ginny laughed. Despite house rivalries in the past, Slytherins and Gryffindors seem to get along these days.

"She's so beautiful, Hermione." Ginny gently rocked the baby as the mother was resting on the bed tired from labor.

"Thank you." Hermione smiled weakly.

Hermione watched Ginny and Pansy coo at her newborn daughter. Relief. That's what she felt. The baby girl is healthy. There were no complications whatsoever. It was a tough one but she managed although the fatigue was deeply felt.

"Don't try to sit up yet." Pansy rushed to her side when she saw her struggling to sit up. Pain coursed through Hermione's body when she tried to settle in a comfortable position.

"Don't overexert yourself," Ginny said worriedly seeing the pain in her eyes,

"I'm fine," Hermione assured her. "May I hold her?" She asked her friend.

Ginny was reluctant to hand her the baby. It was already an effort for her to sit up but she knew Hermione could never drop something so precious. Ginny slowly placed her goddaughter in the arms of the child's mother. Hermione cradled the little miracle and couldn't stop a smile from appearing on her paled face. She only held her in her arms for a minute but the feelings of love overflowed. Is it possible to fall in love so quickly? This little person is mine. My little girl. The little one yawned and slowly opened her eyes. Steel grey eyes. She gulped and tried to contain the tears. She had the same color as his eyes. It reminded Hermione of him. Those eyes belonged to him.

Happiness laced with sadness. The bittersweet feelings were enveloping her. The little person in her arms was her happiness. She was happy that her daughter was ready to take a journey but she was sad because he couldn't be beside the miracle that they made. He left her. No, he left them. His blood is also coursing inside the child. He left when they needed him the most. The ultimate betrayal has been sealed in their lives. That bastard.

"What are you going to name her?" Pansy asked cutting Hermione's thoughts from the day that haunted her dreams for months. Ginny might not have sensed it, but Pansy surely sensed the pain and hatred radiating from the weak woman. "I'm sure you're going to name her after your best friend." Pansy teased and whisked her hair.

"That's right, Hermione." Ginny pipped in. "Ginevra or Ginny is fine with me."

"I wasn't talking about you, Weasley!" Pansy playfully scoffed at the redhead.

"Correction, Zabini, it's Potter now."

"Oh shut it." Pansy huffed in annoyance.

An odd trio they were. Two Gryffindors and a Slytherin actually liking each other's presence let alone being friends was unthinkable.

The friendship started when Hermione started working for Pansy's company. She needed someone to handle finance and books. She offered the job and Hermione gladly took it knowing that the expenses throughout her pregnancy would be expensive. Both women didn't notice that with time they turned to be best of friends. Ginny came along and the trio was inseparable.

"I have a name in mind," Hermione admitted. She looked down at her daughter and only one name suited her. "Alicia."

Pansy and Ginny's smiles were an indicator of their approval of the name.

"Alicia Diana Granger," Hermione concluded with a smile that no one had seen in months.

The glass that Pansy was holding slipped from her hand and shattered on the tiled floor of the private room. The sound caused Hermione and Ginny to look at her if she was okay but Ginny immediately turned to Hermione when she realized what caused Pansy's shock.

"You aren't going to give her his name?" Pansy asked, approaching the bed and ignoring the shattered glass on the floor. She was worried and concerned about the effects of Hermione's decision. Both Ginny and Pansy thought Hermione would give her child his name although after everything she went through they understood her decision.

"Pansy," Hermione started and sighed heavily. "He doesn't know about her so why bother?" She continued. She was trying to deny the child was his. Hermione looked at the shattered glass on the floor. The pieces resemble what was once who she was.

Pansy understood the reason but to keep something so important from Draco was something she couldn't imagine. Pansy was about to voice out her opinion but Ginny had spoken. "Good point. That child is your salvation." Ginny waved her wand and the shattered glass was mended and levitated back on the table.

Ginny was right of course. Despite the pain, maybe Alicia will be Hermione's salvation. Maybe in time Hermione would change her mind and let Draco meet their daughter. Time would tell but the apprehensions of revealing Alicia's father would further complicate things. A child born out of wedlock would cause a stir. The Prophet would have a field day if found out.

Draco was also her friend but his stupidity has reached a level she couldn't begin to comprehend. Nothing would have been so complicated if it wasn't for his stupid and rash decision. When Pansy had thought Draco changed she was wrong it seems that the past kept on haunting his decisions. She had thought he would fight for her and throw away the wedding. Anger bubbled inside when Draco asked Blaise to be his best man and her to be one of Astoria's bridesmaids. The couple grew fond of Hermione when she started to work for Hermione and Draco knew that still, he had the gall to show up at the Zabini home and personally invite them to be part of the entourage.

Furious, Pansy almost punched the bastard but Blaise had caught her and stopped her assault. They scoffed and rejected his invitation but the parents were adamant about accepting the Malfoy heir's invitation. Being children from pureblood families they had to show up. War or no war social standing was still important according to the parents. Pansy was reluctant so was Blaise but seeing that their lives were still under their parent's magnifying glass they couldn't object. Draco got what he wanted.

A soft knock broke the silence enveloping the small room. A ginger headed matron entering with a smile.

"Good afternoon." The matron greeted. "How's mummy and the little one?" She asked as she checked her charts.

"I still feel light-headed," Hermione admitted. "She on the other hand is doing well."

"With your permission, I need to take her to run more tests."

"Of course." Hermione felt cold when she handed the matron her daughter.

The matron cradled Alicia in her arms and gave Hermione a comforting smile. "Get some rest, Miss Granger. Your baby will be right beside you when you wake."

"She's right. We'll leave to sleep. I'm starving anyway. Pansy promised me some sweets from that new shop nearby."

Pansy who was helping Hermione slide gently back down in the sheets scoffed at the pregnant woman. "I promised no such thing."

"Yes, well you cannot argue with a pregnant lady's cravings." Ginny waved and walked towards the door.

"I swear if I'm pregnant I'm going to get her bankrupt with my cravings," Pansy mumbled but Hermione heard her loud and clear. "Stupid, Potterette."

Hermione slowly laughed at their interaction. She was lucky with Ginny and Pansy's friendship. It was odd but it was comforting and warm.

"Would you like something from the shop?" Pansy asked.

"I'm fine. No need to worry." Hermione assured. Her tiredness quickly invaded her senses when her head hit the pillow.

"Alright. We'll be back soon." Pansy held Hermione's hand. "Blaise and the others will be here soon."

"Okay," Hermione replied with barely a whisper.

Pansy smiled and made sure she was comfortable before leaving the room to meet the craving redhead waiting by the door.

"She's hurting so much." Ginny pointed out when Pansy closed the room.

"I know. We can't do anything now." Pansy sighed sadly. "It's better this way. A child born outside a Malfoy marriage would make her a target."

"It seemed like you were adamant in convincing her to give the child his name."

"I just thought if Draco knew he would make the right decision. He's been through enough."

**

When they returned to Hermione's floor in St. Mungo's a group of healers rushed past them which caused Ginny to move towards the sides to avoid getting knocked down.

"Oi! A pregnant woman almost fell on the-" Pansy was cut off when she realized where the rushing group had entered. It was Hermione's room.

"Pansy." When Pansy turned to face Ginny the horror in Ginny's eyes was evident. Without hesitation, Pansy ran towards the room with Ginny tailing her. When she reached the room there was no doubt. This is Hermione's room. The scene they had reached was the worst they could possibly witness. Healers and matrons were surrounding Hermione's bed. The matrons were sticking different muggle devices and magical equipment on Hermione's fragile and pale body trying to see what was wrong and what was causing it but with all the equipment both magic and mundane Hermione didn't seem to bring her to consciousness.

"Blood pressure dropping." A healer announced as she watched the glowing muggle device.

Pansy and Ginny watched as the green line on the muggle device began to curve. Both of them knew it wasn't a good sign. Ginny clung to Pansy's arm for support as they watched their best friend fight for her life.

20 seconds. 30 seconds. 40 seconds. 50 seconds. 60 seconds.

The curved line flattened and they began to revive her. A healer pointed her wand on her chest and concentrated on the spell to send shocks.

First shock. No response. Second shock. No response. Third shock. The line remained flat and the ear-piercing sound of the machine grew louder and louder.

"Come on," Pansy whispered. "Come on."

"Time of death 4:21 PM." The healer announced. The healer turned to them and said, "I'm so sorry."

Pansy's legs gave way and she dropped on the floor and Ginny let out a high pitched scream. They both broke down into tears. How can this be happening? Where did they go wrong? This can't be real.

The door once again opened and three men emerged from it. Roland Weasley, Harry Potter, and Blaise Zabini were breathing heavily. Upon seeing the condition of the two women and their best friend the hopefulness was quickly wiped off. Every pair of eyes inside the room had their eyes glued to the white sheet covering their friend's lifeless body. This must be some damn dream.

"This isn't real." Ronald stuttered, not believing his eyes.

Harry Potter screamed and punched the white walls with all the force he could possibly produce. His knuckles were now bloody as he continued to punch the now red-stained white walls. Ginny was trying to stop him even in her most vulnerable state. Blaise was trying to stop his wife from apparating out of St. Mungo's and finding the bastard that caused all of this. That stupid bastard. Everyone was clearly a mess.

An hour and a half had passed and everyone finally calmed down. They were seated on those uncomfortable plastic grey benched outside of Hermione's room. Ginny was sniffling on Harry's shoulder and Pansy was trying her best to be the rock. Tears occasionally slipped down her cheeks but she quickly wiped it off before anyone could see. Though she was considered to be emotionless, Blaise could perfectly see how she was dying inside. He pulled her into his chest and tried to soothe her aching heart.

Another hour passed. Ron had conjured his Patronus to send the news to his mother and father telling them about the devastating news ever since Fred's death. Molly and Arthur Weasley immediately flooed to St. Mungo's after they received Ron's message.

"Family of Hermione Granger?" All their heads looked to the old woman wearing a white robe. It was the same woman who was instructing the matrons in the room earlier.

"Yes." Harry acknowledged the healer.

"I received her medical records." She cleared her throat trying to give herself time to think of the best way to break the news to them.

"What have you found, healer?" Molly spoke up.

The healer explained that Hermione had been suffering from depression. The fact that her labor was too long also contributed to her stress. During labor, her blood pressure shot up which was not a good sign during childbirth. Also, the records that were sent to the healer had stated that Hermione had stayed in a place not suitable for a pregnant woman's mental, physical, and emotional health. Pansy and Ginny knew of the depression. They tried their best to keep Hermione happy and smiling when they were all together.

"I'm sorry for your loss." The healer sympathized and handed a piece of parchment to Ginny.

"What's this?" Ginny asked after receiving the parchment between her thumb and index finger.

"One of the matrons found it under Miss Granger's pillow. The ink was still fresh so my guess is she wrote it before she felt that she was going." The healer answered.

"Thank you." Ginny smiled at the gesture.

"If you'll excuse me. Again, I am sorry for your loss." The healer left, leaving them to have privacy.

Everyone gathered around Ginny as she slowly unfolded the parchment with shaking hands. What could have she written?

"To everyone, I care about," Ginny started to read out loud. This was no doubt Hermione's neat penmanship.

"Go on, dear." Mrs. Weasley urged placing her hand on Ginny's shoulders.

Ginny took a deep breath to contain the next batch of tears. "P-Please take care of my little girl. T-tell her I love her so much and I am sorry for not being able to stay with her. I know she is in good hands. Tell her who her father is when the time is right. I love you all. Love, Hermione" Ginny ended with her tears soaking the parchment.

Last words. These were her last words to the world. Pansy could no longer hold her façade. She broke down in tears and so did the others. It took a while for Harry to compose himself. He took off his glasses and wiped his tears. He slowly pulled out his wand. Ron had noticed his best friend's actions and understood. Everyone saw and nodded at each other. They knew what they needed to do.

"For Hermione," Harry said and raised his wand. The tip of his wand glowed.

"For Hermione." They repeated and raised their wands.

Don't worry, Hermione. That's a promise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7K 1.4K 58
Draco Malfoy had stolen her dreams. And Hermione Granger was 𝒇𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔. AU // Dramione Fanfiction ~ Voldemort's army has succeeded. Harry Potter...
1.4K 57 31
Updates every Monday and Thursday The world is a web of decisions. What we decide today changes our tomorrow. Each one of us is interconnected in thi...
329K 8.4K 16
One year after the great second wizarding war the returning seventh year students officially celebrated graduating from Hogwarts. After a tampered pu...
621 11 23
Draco Malfoy was in way over his head. He had been dragged into a life he never wanted to be a part of. As he manages to find his way out, he'll need...