Revenge #wattys2015

averydelgotto46

22 year old Hazel Armada is living life to its fullest. She has a great family, her family has a successful b... Еще

Chapter 1 - the trip
Chapter 2- the new friend
chapter 3 - Paris
.chapter 4- I can be bad when I wanna be.
chapter five-drowning in ice cream
Chapter 6- I shouldn't, but i do.
chapter 7-the visitor
chapter 8 - The plan
.chapter 9 - why do i keep bumping into hot guys?
chapter 10- once upon a playdate
chapter 11- drama tends to follow us rich people.
chapter 12- the transformation
chapter 13 - just friends?
chapter 14- just like old times
chapter 15- I miss you...not
chapter 16- that is not what I meant to do.
Chapter 17- The crazy ex boyfriend
Chapter 18- Hello YouTube
Chapter 19- i never knew you had such interesting fashion tastes.
Chapter 20- Hazel, will you be my girl?
chapter 21- i am officially confused
Chapter 23- this is like a real life soap opera
chapter 24- heart and brain
chapter 25- the cat is out of the bag
chapter 26- good luck gone bad
Chapter 27 - where did you get that idea?
author's note
Chapter 28 - battered and bruised
chapter 29- unwanted fame
chapter 30-helping hand
chapter 31- realization and devastation
chapter 32- revealing secrets
chapter 33- discovered
Chapter 34- thicker than water
Chapter 35- family issues
Chapter 36- Pizza's here!
Chapter 37- vulnerable not weak
Chapter 38- I should've known
Chapter 39- uninvited
Chapter 40- I am here. who should I kill?
Chapter 41- framed
Chapter 42- cue the evil laugh
Chapter 43- Congratulations , you've updated your status from dumbass to moron
Chapter 44- yeah we're good
Chapter 45 - goodbye was just the beginning
Chapter 46-goodbye was just the beginning part II
Chapter 47- The things you do for me
Chapter 48- we may or may not have an audience
Chapter 49-you mean you're not pregnant yet!?
EPILOGUE
The very last author's note

chapter 22- beware of Celeste-zilla

2.6K 111 27
averydelgotto46

Hazel's POV

The next day I was feeling better even though I was still depressed about the whole going to Hong Kong ordeal. I haven't told Malcolm yet. Or Harley. Or Celeste. Or Sophia. Even Danny didn't know.

Danny.... I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss we almost shared.. AGAIN

I sighed and leaned back onto my chair. Today was Tuesday and the girls wanted to have a girls night out claiming that we need some 'bonding time.' As if we didn't get enough bonding time already.

To be honest I was super excited because Celeste and Harley were moving to New York.

"Hazel?" My co worker poked his head into my office. I immediately sat up straight.

"Yeah?"

"Boss wants you in his office."

I nodded and fixed my skirt before heading out of my office.

I knocked twice on the door before entering.

Mr. Tylers, my boss, was a good friend of my dad's. He was in his late 50's. So I'll imagine he'll be retiring soon.

The moment I stepped into his office he sent me a warm smile and gestured for me to take a seat in the chair across from him. I did.

"There's no easy way to say this Hazel...but , after the business deal in Hong Kong I'm going to need you to stop at London. "

I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Is that supposed to be bad news?"

I wouldn't mind a day or two in London. I could go shopping.

"Well... Its a very important conference that may take..."

I leaned forward

"It may take?" I was getting nervous at this point.

"3-4 weeks."

Even though I tried so hard not to, I fell out of my chair. I landed flat on my butt in front of my boss but I didn't care. All I could think was

Three to four weeks? No!

I picked myself up and sat back down.

"Sir, there has to be someone else. Thats more than a month!"

He sent me an expression that said he's thought long and hard about this in advance.

"I know it must be difficult for you to spend a long time away from New York but you have to understand, you are the best negotiator we have."

That comment should've made me feel all warm and fuzzy but instead all I could think was that if only I wasn't so good at what I do, I wouldn't have to go to Hongkong or London or wherever the hell these people will send me.

"Sir please.... I can't go."

"Ms. Armada, you're going and that's final."

*
*
*
*
*
*
*

I sat in my office chair staring out at the city before me. Malcolm and I were texting.

Apparently I seemed depressed because I kept sending replies like 'yeah' and 'okay'. Somehow he noticed it immediately.

He wasn't some freaky voodoo witch Doctor was he?

I told that thought to scram as soon as it popped into my mind.

My phone buzzed.

Do you wanna go out tonight?
-Malcolm

Without thinking, I sent 'yes'. My eyes widened at what I had just typed.

Crap, oh crap.

Great! Can't wait to see you
-Malcolm

I swallowed back my guilt.

Actually the girls and I are going out tonight. Sorry, it slipped my mind. -Hazel

I bit my lip in anticipation as I waited for his reply.

Oh -Malcolm.

That was it. One word. But I could feel the emotions that radiated from it. Hurt, disappointment, and maybe a touch of bitterness?

I know it sounds weird, but his text sounded sad.

I slumped my shoulders in defeat. Then I clasped my hands together and prayed to all the saints and gods that Harley, Sophia, and Celeste, didn't rip my head off tonight.

Gathering all the courage I had left, I typed a single text.

Do you want to come with us?

He replied faster than I expected.

Absolutely -Malcolm.

I shut my phone off and stared at the wall, well tonight should certainly be interesting.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*

"YOU DID WHAT!?"

Celeste screamed at me. I cowered under her terrifying gaze.

"I just... Thought maybe he could come with us..." I said trying to sound like a 22 year old woman and not like a terrified mouse.

Celeste was one scary bitch when she got upset. She certainly wasn't someone to mess with. She's been rambling insults these last fifteen minutes about Malcolm.

"SO! MR. PRETTY BOY THINKS HE CAN DO WHAT HE WANTS HUH!? TRYING TO STEAL MY BEST FRIEND AWAY! I'LL RIP HIS HEAD OFF AND STICK IT IN A SACK. THEN I'LL FEED IT TO MY DOG !"

"You don't have a dog." Sophia stated calmly. She actually had the courage to talk. Bravo.

"WELL THEN I'LL BUY ONE! OR MAYBE I'LL FLY TO LOUISIANA AND FEED IT TO THE ALLIGATORS!"

If I wasn't the target of Celeste's fury, I'd be laughing my ass off right now.

"I'VE KNOWN THIS GIRL SINCE I WAS FIFTEEN. AND SOME BIGSHOOT SUPERSTAR IS NOT TAKING HER AWAY! FRIENDS COME FIRST! I'M GONNA WRING MY HANDS AROUND THAT PRETTY LITTLE NECK OF HIS."

"I'M GONNA SQUEEZE THE LIFE OUTTA HIM. THEN I'M GONNA SLICE HIM AND DICE HIM. THEN I'LL BURN HIS REMAINS IN A CAMPFIRE AND DANCE AROUND IT SINGING HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!"

I frowned. I'm pretty sure I've heard that line somewhere before.

I glanced to my left and saw Harley smirking. She seemed to appreciate the fact that Celeste was going all crazy bitch mode on Malcolm.

"HE THINKS HE CAN BARGE IN ON GIRL'S NIGHT, JUST BECAUSE HAZEL IS HIS GIRLFRIEND! I'LL CHOP HIS BALLS OFF! THAT UNGRATEFUL...SPITEFUL....IDIOTIC"

"Cel, I invited him. He's not barging in." I squeaked pathetically trying to defend my boyfriend.

"EVEN WORSE! HE HAS NO RESPECT OF YOUR FRIENDS! AND OUR RITUALS!"

Sophia cocked an eyebrow.

"Rituals?"

"YES RITUALS! WHEN WE HAVE A GIRL'S NIGHT OUT, NO MAN, WOMAN, OR HYBRID OF ANY SORT CAN INTERFERE!"

It was at that moment that Harley decided to step in. I thought she was going to team up with Celeste but to my surprise she calmly said:

"Oh, give him a chance Cel. He may not be that bad."

I narrowed my eyebrows.

Who are you and what have you done to my best friend?

Celeste glared at Harley but Harley's face remained calm.

Calm? Since when was Harley calm?

But I've known this girl since I was fifteen. Harley was acting calm. But it wasn't the peace corps save-mother-earth kinda calm. It was like a calm before a storm. And I could feel the storm clouds brewing.

Celeste's face was still red with anger.

"Fine." She said through grit teeth.

I exhaled loudly. Celeste pointed her finger at me "But one wrong move from him and I'm shoving his ass off a cliff. " Then she whirled around and left.

I glanced at Harley who claimed that she had to get ready for tonight. Then she left. I felt really uneasy. She was planning something. And it wasn't going to be good.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out and found myself hoping that it was a text from Danny. I haven't heard from him since that theater fiasco.

No such luck, it was the devil himself.

Hey Hazel! I miss you. When can I see you? -Robin

I made a face. I was really annoyed with his text. Me? Miss me? Not likely. He just misses my money.

That rotten gold digger. I grit my teeth and counted to ten. I hate him for what he did to me. Lousy good for nothing gambler.

I shut my phone off and shoved it back into my pocket.

I looked to my right and saw Sophia sitting on the kitchen table eating an apple. She gave me a closed mouth smile then she went upstairs. I decided I might as well get ready since it was almost 6 and I had nothing better to do.

30 minutes later I heard a knock on the door. I glanced at my reflection one last time before heading downstairs to open the door. My ankle high brown boots were nice and snug around my feet. I was wearing skinny jeans and a white tank top with a couple long necklaces. My hair hung loose around my face.

I opened the door and saw Malcolm standing in front of me with a small smile. I opened the door and told him to come in.

Sophia came down a minute later and I must admit she looked super cute in her mini skirt and black and white blouse. She gave Malcolm a small smile before disappearing down the hall.

At least she wasn't mad at me...

Malcolm and I chatted about the most random things and after about 10 minutes I heard Harley honking her horn impatiently.

We decided to take Harley's car to the restaurant. As I got in the car I saw Harley and Celeste sitting up front with Harley behind the wheel and Celeste in shotgun.

Sophia, Malcolm and I made ourselves comfortable in the backseat. Harley certainly had a sweet ride.

It wasn't really my style, all black and tinted but Harley loved this car so I tried to avoid making any rude comments about it. I wanted to avoid violence.

Harley caught my eye in the mirror and I saw her smirk. She started the car and we were on our way.

When we stopped for a red light Harley noticed that Malcolm and I had started getting a little touchy. His hand was caressing my thigh.

The minute the light turned green she slammed her foot on the gas pedal sending Malcolm flying towards the front seat. Thankfully his seatbelt saved him.

I gave her the evil eye but she just smiled sweetly as if to say whaaat?
When we arrived at the restaurant the place was packed. In fact we wouldn't have gotten a table if Harley hadn't of slipped a tip in to the waiters pocket.

When we sat down Harley excused herself to go to the bathroom. I eyed her suspiciously but let her go. Celeste glared at Malcolm the entire time.

In fact I was kinda worried that he might wilt under her gaze.

Harley was taking too long.

Where was she?

I thought of going after her but that idea seemed silly. I was mentally debating whether or not I should stand up when a familiar face came into my line of sight.

It was Harley, I was about to sigh in relief when I noticed she wasn't alone. My relief died.

Harley caught my eye and smirked.

"Hey guys, look who I bumped into. I invited him to join us for dinner if you don't mind."

I mind! I do! I really do! Mayday mayday! Shit! Double shit! Make that triple shit!

Celeste didn't look happy but she didn't complain either. I gulped.

"Hi Hazel." He greeted cheefully.

I gulped. "Hi Danny."

Author's note:

holy guacamole! 500 reads? You guys are the BEST!

bwahahahaha. At last ! Malcolm and Danny meet >:) I had a lot of fun writing that last part. So, what do you think Danny will do when he finds out Hazel has a boyfriend? What about when he finds out she's leaving for more than a month? Let me know!

Don't forget to vote, comment , follow, and SHARE! :)

Xoxo,

AVERYhappyauthor :)

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

TJL#16#Wherever You Go Arshia Saif Kayanat

Любовные романы

254K 17.3K 103
Tracy Campbell is 23 years old fun loving girl. She is always laughing and doing fun around. No one never saw her crying. But deep down inside her sh...
14.2K 650 25
Being more then what people make of you Ana is a overweight Young American. She isn't lucky when it comes to men. After being insulted by her high sc...
What the heart wants 🌟MAHUM🌟

Любовные романы

7.6M 289K 48
She is fiery, hot-headed and spontaneous. He is calm, composed and calculating. She is fire, burning every obstacle in her path. He is ice, numbing h...
Death and the Deeds ✔ RafiaZ

Подростковая литература

4.1K 548 30
I, Hazel , was just an ordinary girl but with not so ordinary fate. With a past that could be altered, I placed some things in their right place. Lif...