A Midsummer Night's Fling

By TheQueensofRomance

This book contains three charming, magical novellas by bestselling authors, Belinda Boring, Kamery Solomon, a... More

Copyright
Enchanted Hearts, by Belinda Boring
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Forever, by Kamery Solomon
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Epilogue
Faery Kissed
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Follow the Authors

Five

4.6K 224 3
By TheQueensofRomance

Chapter Five

Emilee looked at me curiously. "What's your idea? You know I trust you already." She smiled sweetly, reaching up to brush a strand of hair from my face. Her touch caused me to pause as I enjoyed the shivers she gave me. My eagerness to put my new idea into motion brought me back to the conversation quickly, though.

"It would involve me controlling your dream." I held my breath as her eyes widened with surprise. Please, trust me enough!

"Why would you want to do that?"

"I'll explain after. If you'll let me do it, that is."

She gazed at me evenly, studying my face. She seemed to be contemplating my proposal very seriously. I knew she would love what I had in mind, mostly because I loved it. I hoped she would agree to let me take control. It would be hard for her to relinquish the power though, and I knew she would guard herself carefully. There was just something about her that said she needed that dominion. After a few moments, she answered.

"I don't know how to let you take control. Is there a certain way to do it?" Her voice sounded a little shaky. I knew she had just given up something huge for me, and I wanted to show her my thanks by making it worth her while. My heart hummed, as an idiotic grin overtook my face.

"I'm not sure. I tried to control your dream the first night we met but you stopped me somehow. Do you remember doing anything to fight me?" She gave me a look that was half scolding, half curious. I grimaced a little when I realized what I had revealed to her, but I was too excited to care.

"No, I don't remember doing anything different from what I always do."

This was becoming harder than I thought it would be. I ran my hands through my hair and pursed my lips. "Well," I started, "How about we just try it and see if it works? Maybe if you're aware you're going to give up control, I'll be able to take over easier."

Emilee nodded and smiled, but I didn't miss the look of fear that danced through her eyes.

"Hey," I said softly, hugging her tighter and placing a kiss on her forehead. "Don't be scared. I promise I'm not going to let anything happen to you." I smiled, moving my hands to tangle my fingers in her hair. "I love you. You'll like this idea." She nodded quickly, her face hidden in my shoulder, strengthening her grip on me.

"Go ahead and try then." Her voice was firm but muffled by my shirt.

"Close your eyes," I whispered into her ear. I tightened my grip as well, and began to remember one of my own memories. Nothing changed. Frustrated, I tried to reach out to the outer parts of Emilee's mind, feeling for a break somewhere. Her defenses were like iron and just as I was about to give up and think of another way to take control, I found the tiniest of cracks in her self control.

Gently, I pushed at the weak spot until I made my way completely through it. I was hit by a wall of emotions I never realized she'd been holding from me. I could feel her timid fear at what was happening, the pain she still felt over the loss of her mother—and love. Suddenly, I realized the love was for me. It was overwhelming, strong, and true. I felt my own heart warm in the revelation that she loved me.

Curious, I opened my own mind a little and released some of my own emotions, mostly my love for her. She softly gasped as she felt what I did, and her grip became even tighter as the foreign feelings invaded her. The wave of shock eventually subsided and all we were left with was love. It felt wonderful, our feelings plainly displayed.

"Are you ready?" I asked, my excitement finally overtaking my feelings.

"That wasn't it?" She giggled as my feelings pushed against hers.

"Not even close," I laughed.

"Okay, I'm ready then."

"Keep your eyes closed," I reminded, even though she'd never opened them. I closed my own as well, and took a deep breath.

Slowly, I began to weave one of my memories into existence. When I was finished, I opened my eyes to survey my handiwork.

The green hills of Scotland formed around us, the blue sky stretching as far as I could see—not a single cloud marred its appearance. A gentle stream trickled through the grasses. Even the slight breeze was exactly as I remembered it.

When I was finally satisfied I had remembered everything correctly, I had Emilee open her eyes. Her smile was contagious.

"Where are we?" She stepped out of my embrace and bent down to touch the grass, laughing.

"Scotland," I chuckled. "I spent a summer here once, long ago. The Fae held rituals in these hills."

"What kind of rituals?" She questioned further.

"The kind that are either too embarrassing to remember or too complicated to explain," I laughed again.

"I've read stories of people being enchanted by fairies and led away," she said as she twirled around, her arms outstretched. "Is that what you did? You led young girls away to their doom?" She giggled as she waited for my answer.

"Not exactly. We always made sure they made it home safely," I said uncomfortably. My reply caused her to stop her twirling.

"Oh," she said apologetically.

"Eh, it's no big deal." I laughed away the uncomfortable feelings. I didn't seem to care about my past endeavors at that moment. "That's not why we're here, anyway."

Emilee looked at me, eyebrows raised and smiled slightly. "Oh? And why are we here then?" she teased.

"To dance—why else?" I held my hand out to her and remembered the music of Scottish bagpipes. As the sound filled the air around us, and Emilee took my hand. She surprised me when she began the traditional dance that went along with the song.

We danced joyously until there was no music I could remember. It felt like we'd been together for mere minutes, although, I was sure that hours had passed. With a breathless gesture, we flopped down onto the grass, finding our way into each other's arms, and gazed up into the blue sky. I was thinking of what to say next, when Emilee beat me to the punch.

"What's the worst thing you've ever done?" she giggled.

"Wow, what a question!" I laughed. I pondered for a moment longer and then answered.

"I had this friend, Michael and we did so much stuff together," I laughed. "We were actually responsible for a lot of things humans can't explain."

"Like what?" she asked excitedly.

"Michael had power that made him able to cloak a person's appearance for a limited amount of time. We weren't very responsible with it," I chuckled, remembering all of the trouble we'd gotten ourselves into.

"The first thing we ever did with it was invent the Loc Ness Monster. He disguised me as this giant water creature and I swam around in the lake for a little while. Everyone started freaking out about it and eventually—when the Mother figured out what we'd done—we got in a lot of trouble for it."

Emilee was laughing, sparkles gleaming in her gaze.

"What else have you done, oh great prankster?" She said in a mocking tone, bowing her head in reverence for added effect. "Is Bigfoot your creation as well?"

"Well," I said, getting slightly embarrassed.

"No way!" she snorted. "You did that too?"

"Actually, that one was all Michael, although we both got in a lot of trouble for it—mostly because we had been making fun of how a certain Fae walks. Turns out, he was high on the important person list and had just been keeping it to himself." It had been a while since Michael and I had been into mischief together. We were separated by the Mother when she'd had enough of our excursions.

"So you've always been a jokester. What an interesting and new side to you!"

She was making fun of me but I didn't mind. I loved her laugh and the way we were able to talk so freely with each other.

We laughed together a little bit longer, and then fell silent as we took in our surroundings once more.

"This place is beautiful. I can see why your kind would come here to perform their sacred rituals." I could see the sky reflected in Emilee's eyes. Her hair lay perfectly around her head—like a crown—and in that moment I wished again we would never have to be apart.

I could feel her mind starting to slowly slip away and I began to ready myself for the imminent separation. I felt . . . surprisingly good for telling her my secret and sharing part of myself with her. She knew everything now, and it didn't seem to matter to her. She hadn't asked me to leave, and that was all the invitation I needed to keep returning.

Emilee suddenly looked me right in the eye and said, "Raith, do you really love me?" I was caught off guard by the sudden change in topic and quickly stammered out my consent. My heart went from a normal rate to that of a race horse in a second and my mouth went dry. I'd almost forgotten I'd told her that during all of my questioning. Her gaze softened and—fighting to remain asleep—she leaned in slowly and kissed my lips.

The fire returned like it had never been gone, filling me with desire and longing. I reached out for her, pulling her onto my lap with her legs around my waist. I grasped her as she held my face in her hands, kissing me with renewed heat. I nipped her lower lip with my teeth and she sighed softly, holding me tighter.

She began to fade away faster, no longer able to keep herself asleep. She broke away to look at me one last time before she was gone completely. As our minds slid delicately apart and I could no longer see her, I heard her voice like a whisper on the wind.

"I love you, too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 14.7K 58
On prom night, seventeen-year-old half-blood vampire, Carmine Redoza, and her younger brother, Blake, find a classmate's mutilated body in a park. Th...
14.8K 1.6K 55
Thirty-Four has been awaiting his Pelt all his life. All across the wolf world of Sylvera, others wield magic of all kinds, and he longs for the abil...
86.8K 6K 38
"Usually innocents like you have time to grow into their magic before they have to break the rules. You don't have that time, Minta. Please believe m...
129K 19K 64
For the last four weeks, the fate of the City rested in the hands of two seventeen year olds who have no idea they're best friends. Olivia Shadowhear...