Potter

By lillyanbrooks

Lily Potter is an average 15 year old living in the United States in 2011. When magic upheaves her life and d... More

Potter
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapterlette 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27(Alternate)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33(FINALLY)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Epilogue: Part 1/7
Epilogue : Part 2/7
Epilogue : Part 3/7
Epilogue : Part 4/7
Epilogue : Part 5/7
Epilogue : Part 6/7
Epilogue : Part 7/7

Chapter 74

39.8K 1.6K 2K
By lillyanbrooks

Another week passed, and halfway into the second one, things were going rather well.

People were practicing, getting better at defensive wandwork, at keeping themselves safe. Despite the  battle that would break out soon, the weight on my shoulders felt significantly lighter one day as I had watched Lavender disarm not just Ernie, but Michael too, both boys' wands flying into her outstretched hand. 

Theo had become a little more bearable as of recent as well. I tried to keep him company when I could, and now it was almost always the two of us who went to Aberforth's to get food. He needed the time and space away from the group of Gryffindors, and, to be honest, I didn't mind the time away either. 

Of course, sometimes being away for too long had consequences... Such as getting back to find everything in chaos,  voices crying out as we pushed open the portrait door.

"What's happened- Oh Merlin!"

"Is that Zabini?"

"Where's Nott at?"

"Lily- Lily come quick! Hurry!"

"What's going on?" It was with alarm that I stepped out of Aberforth's passageway, a basket of food held tightly in my hands. It seemed in my absence as a small crowd had gathered, blocking whatever emergency that had occurred from my sight. 

"What the bloody hell happened?" Theo said from beside me, and I didn't have time to reply before my basket was pulled from my hands and my wrists were grabbed, someone pulling me through the crowd. It took me a moment to realize it was Michael, his eyes wide.

"Michael- What's happened?" I asked over the others' talk. Michael shook his head.

"It's Zabini-"

"Blaise?"

"He stood up in the Great Hall today, started talking to the Slytherins- Told 'em they shouldn't support the Carrows, that they shouldn't support You-Know-Who." Michael said. "He told them to fight against it all. Parkinson got to him first, but the Carrows- I don't know, Lily-"

"Let me see him!" I had broken away from Michael now, pushing past him and through the rest of the crowd to where they had circled around an unconscious Blaise. He had been placed on a padded floor mat, blood already soaking deep into the material. I could feel my face drain as I took in the injures, the blood, and the way a finger or two seemed to be missing from his left hand. My stomach flipped, and I had to hold my hand over my mouth to keep from losing my breakfast.

"Merlin's- hell! Blaise!" Theo was beside me now, looking horrified. He was the one that snapped me out of my trance and got me moving, barking orders out over my shoulder along the way.

"Theo, get me some gauze! Quickly, we need to stop the bleeding!" I snapped, and no sooner had I spoken Theo moved, for once, without argument or annoyance. He understood the situation, and just how dire it was.

"Michael, go to the potions drawer, I need the usuals, then a calming draught, Skele-Gro and dittany- Just bring the entire thing! And hurry!" My voice was steadily getting higher as I pulled out my wand. "And everybody who can leave this room needs to get the hell out!"

No one appeared to want to argue, and I was left to concentrate on my friend as he bled out in front of me. I tried to focus on what I could do with what I had, cleaning away excess blood so wounds were more visible, and making sure no arteries had been severed. I considered myself fortunate that at least he had a chance. 

Michael  was quick to return with what I had requested. Normally it would've been amusing to see him hurry over with the entire drawer, pried from it's cabinet by his hands. But I couldn't find it in me to smile, instead merely taking the drawer from him and setting it by my side for easy access.

"Thanks, Michael. Do you know- Did they do anything else besides harm him physically? Crucio?"

Michael grimaced. "Yeah, that's- That's how Amycus got him, after Parkinson cut him down."

I took a deep breath, then nodded.

"Alright, thanks. Now get out of here- Keep the others away, please. I'm going to need some time." I said, cracking open the dittany as he turned and left. Helpful, that Ravenclaw was.

Neville had the good sense to stay by the map platform, but out of the corner of my eye I could see him glancing over, concern evident on his face as I began to dab at a larger wound on his shoulder with the closest thing to an antiseptic potion I had, the purple liquid steaming as it cleaned out the dirt and germs from the wound. I was relieved Blaise wasn't awake to feel any of it.

"What else can I do? Anything?" Theo's voice was desperate as he finally returned with the gauze, and I took it from his hands and immediately placed it over the two bleeding spots where Blaise's pinky and half of his ring finger had once been, trying to at least stop the bleeding from there for now.

"Just-" My voice came out strangled. "Don't leave. Just stay here, okay?"

"Couldn't imagine doing anything else." Theo said, then took the seat across from me, and watched me work.

_

It had been terrifying

Most of the time, for the first time in awhile, I wasn't completely sure of what I was doing, if I was doing the right thing, if I was even helping at all- I had dealt with severe injures before, had become good with cuts and bruises and gouges and broken bones. Missing fingers? A completely new level of horrible. Not to mention that, with the effects of the cruciatus curse, I wasn't sure how dazed mentally he'd be once he woke up. I tried not to focus on that bit. Instead, I focused on what I could heal.

The biggest, but easiest injury was the large gash on his chest, a deep cut but not unlike one I had healed on Neville once. As soon as it was closed, and the skin strong enough that it wouldn't split again, I felt okay about having Theo carefully slip a blood replenishing potion into Blaise's mouth, carefully  replacing all that he had lost.

Theo was, surprisingly, a life saver. 

When I had tried to mend what was left of the bone of Blaise's fingers, my hands had started shaking, and exhaustion and fear were suddenly overwhelming. I hadn't cried, thank Merlin, but it had felt like it in my chest, a tight feeling that made my joints lock up.

Theo had grabbed me by the wrists then, shook me out of my daze and snapped, "Not the time, Brownie. You can do this- I think so, Malfoy would think so, and Blaise sure as hell hopes so. So snap. out. of. it."

I hadn't slowed down since then, not until the last bone was mended and all the blood had been cleaned away. Since then, I had had Theo begin to carefully siphon a calming draught into Blaise's mouth- A trick I learned after healing an unconscious third year. Blaise waking up calm would do us all a lot more good than him waking with a start and ripping apart the carefully done work I had managed to finish.

"You need to eat- I got you this." Neville said as he sat down beside me, daring to actually approach my small workspace for the first time. I looked down at his hands, smiling a little at the apple and probably stale biscuit he held out to me. I took both gratefully.

"Thanks, Neville." I said, biting into the apple and taking a moment to fully realize how hungry I had been. You didn't think much about food when you had a friend bleeding out in front of you. Neville nodded, his smile tempered.

"How's Zabini doing?"

"He seems stable. I- I wasn't able to save both fingers, but most of his ring finger should grow stronger with time. His pinky.." I shrugged. "There was nothing I could do. The Skele-Gro wouldn't acknowledge it."

"You did what you could." Neville said firmly. "That's all anyone can ask."

"I guess." I muttered. Neville's brows furrowed.

"Well, I know." He scoffed, ignoring me when I rolled my eyes. "C'mon, Lily- For your age? You're a bloody brilliant Healer. And for any age, an incredibly calm one, considering- No one else here could've down what you just did, alright? You were on your own, and you handled it."

"With some help." Theo snapped. Neville nodded thoughtfully.

"With some help. Every Healer has an assistant."

"'Every Healer has an assistant'." Theo mocked. We both ignored him. I smiled a little.

"Maybe if this war clears up I'll consider it as a career." I said, half-joking. Neville seemed dead serious though, and nodded.

"You should. They could use someone like you."

I rose an eyebrow. "Someone like me?"

"Someone kind. And calm. And stubborn as hell." Neville grinned. "You won't give up on anyone. Half-bled out or otherwise."

"You're too kind." I said with sheepish gratitude, nudging Neville in the side with my elbow. "But if I'm a Healer, you've gotta give it a try as an Auror."

"An Auror? Longbottom?" Theo scoffed, then quieted when both Neville and I glared at him. Neville was smiling a little though, and I genuinely hoped he'd consider the idea. In the back of my mind, I was positive he would.

"How's Blaise doing, Nott?" I sighed after a moment, turning to look where he sat by the head of Blaise's bed,  just now putting the topper back on the vial of calming draught he had been using.

"Well, he's breathing." Theo said dryly. It seemed, now that Blaise was out of apparent immediate danger, Theo's level of kindness had dropped. "Is that good?"

"Not twenty minutes ago, Nott, you were about to cry." Neville said suddenly, lips thin. "Don't get too snarky with her."

"It's fine, Neville, he's just like that." I rolled my eyes as I squeezed Neville's shoulder appreciatively, then stood up to inspect the mended skin over Blaise's knuckles and shoulder. "It's not good as new, but.. It's not as bad as it was."

"He's breathing." Theo sighed, in a moderately less-snarky tone than before. "That's all that matters. He didn't need a pinky anyway."

"That's the attitude to have." Neville said, walking forward, clapping Theo on the shoulder and ignoring the Slytherin when he scowled back at him. I smiled fondly at the two.

"Alright- Why not you guys turn in for the night? Get some sleep.. I have to keep an eye on Blaise, I can watch the map too. You especially need some rest." I said, looking pointedly at Neville. He only rolled his eyes though, waving me off.

"I'm fine, Lily."

"You need sleep. I can watch." I insisted, giving him a small push towards the hammocks. "Go on. Everything will be okay for a night."

"If you insist. But if one thing, even a small thing, turns up-"

"You'll be the first to know." I promised. Neville smiled gratefully, leaned over to kiss my cheek, then was off for the night, heading to the hammocks with a gait that definitely told of exhaustion.

Theo didn't move though, frowning to himself as he sat back in the chair.

"I'm not leaving." He said as he crossed his arms. I frowned, but shrugged, going to sit back down in the chair on the other side of the bed.

"Fine. Unlike Neville, you don't have to be rested. And I don't think I could convince you to sleep anyway." I sighed, resting my chin on my hand and watching as Blaise's eyes flickered beneath his eyelids. I took it as a good sign. Theo smirked a little as he sunk back into his chair, evidently preparing to wait as long as it took for his friend to be awake again.

Leaning back into my own chair, I hoped for his sake it wouldn't be long.

_

Another difficult part of being cut off from the rest of the school?

Not being able to see Severus.

I wasn't sure what he was thinking, if he had any idea where I had gone off to. Perhaps he thought the Carrows merely killed me and then forgot to mention it. I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that. And I had no way of getting out. There was no good reason I could think of, no quiet moment that would make it easier, no way to contact Severus and honestly no way to get past the Carrows. It was maddening, and I didn't like it. But, for now, I couldn't think of what to do.

So I sat in my hammock and frowned at the ceiling until something popped up.

With the Room mostly empty, I could hear the others from where they moved. Neville, fussing with the radio and tapping his foot against the floor. Theo, where he sat by Blaise, leafing through some random potions book someone had brought in at some point. Blaise was silent, as many unconscious people were. Theo would swear that sometimes his breaths would be louder than others though, and that it was a sign that he would wake up soon.

It was weird, but spending time waiting for Blaise to wake, spending time near the makeshift bed he created threw me back to the Tonks house, sitting alongside Draco and spending what time we had  together curled up in the small spare bedroom. I missed him horribly, his absence a constant weight in my chest. I wanted him back, safe and sound, and that was impossible. At least currently. My fingers passed over my bracelet, the shiny silver comforting. It was silly, perhaps, but for now it was all I had of him.

And now without Severus, almost all ties were severed. 

I took a deep breath, then sat up from the hammock. Moping about it wasn't going to do me any good, unfortunately, and I needed to check on Blaise anyway.

"Finally awake, Brownie?" Theo said snidely as I approached. I frowned at him, not at all in the mood.

"I wasn't sleeping, I was resting. There's a difference." I muttered, sitting down in the chair and reaching over to peel back the sheet that had been placed over Blaise's chest. Neither Theo or I felt comfortable about trying to wrangle Blaise back into a shirt, so neither of us tried to. And once I had ended up unconscious and shirtless in the Slytherin dorm, so in a way, I thought of it as getting even. In a nice way. No one wanted to get even with an unconscious, severely injured boy.

"Sleeping, resting, lolling about doing nothing." Theo shrugged idly. "Take your pick."

"Very nice, Theo. Has Blaise changed at all?"

"Not very much." He sighed. "Everything seems fine, he's just... Not waking up."

"I'd use  Wiggenweld potion, but I'm not sure if that would work in this scenario.." I sighed, running a hand through my hair as I tried to think. "There's a potion that could work. But I don't have all the ingredients."

"Well, get them then." Theo urged, eyebrows raised. I made a dramatic point of rolling my eyes and head to look up at him, trying to make it obvious how stupid that suggestion was.

"Would you like to go break into Snape's private storage, then?" I sneered, and when Theo fell silent, glaring at me, I nodded once.

"That's what I thought."

With a sigh, I carefully placed the sheet back around Blaise and leant back into the chair, trying to think up a solution. Every frustration I had seemed to be centered around not having access to Severus, not being able to contact him.

"I desperately need hot chocolate." I announced mournfully, resting my head in my hands. I was starting to get overwhelmed, and I didn't like. 

Theo didn't seem wholly sympathetic, and when I glanced up at him, he was staring back at me with only mild amusement.

"I desperately need you to get your shit together. What existential crisis is bothering you now?" He asked, tone drenched in sarcasm. I answered seriously anyway.

"I've lost touch with one of my contacts." I said with a small pout. "And I miss Draco."

He rolled his eyes. "We all miss your boyfriend. I miss my- whatever. Not sure where I was going with that. It all sucks."

"It truly does." I agreed morosely, jumping when Neville's voice came from the platform.

"Guys! We've got a small group heading our way." He announced, looking over at us. "It's Colin, Nigel and Holly."

I smiled the same time Theo groaned.

"Those three are so loud."

"Shut it, Theo. You're loud." I snapped, rising from my chair so I could go open the doors for my friends. Neville kept things on time, and I was able to swing the door open right as Colin had been lifting his hand to knock.

"Hey, guys."

"I made a corporeal patronus!" Were the first words out of Holly's mouth, the younger girl looking at me with a wide grin. I grinned back at her, shutting the door once they had entered the room.

"What is it?"

"A giraffe."

I paused, momentarily stunned, then chuckled quietly. "I can see it."

"It's pretty great." Colin said, and Nigel nodded enthusiastically.

"It's as big as a real one- Or as I'd imagine a real one. I've never actually seen a giraffe." He said thoughtfully, biting down his lip. I smiled at him.

"I'm sure your time will come." I encouraged. "You guys want some food? It's been moved to the right- We've cleared the left side of the room for Blaise."

"How is Zabini doing?" Nigel inquired as he headed over, picking an apple out from the small fruit bowl we had. I shrugged.

"He's breathing." I told him honestly. "But that's about it."

"And his eyes move. Under his eyelids." Theo chimed helpfully from where he still sat by Blaise's bedside. Colin considered this, nodding slowly.

"Nice."

"It's not horrible." Holly agreed. "It would be nice to see him awake again- He was so brave, speaking up like that in the Great Hall. You should've seen him."

"It was impressive." Colin agreed, perhaps a little begrudgingly. "He wasn't shy."

"Neither was Parkinson. She's a nasty piece of work." Holly's nose crinkled up. "I hate her."

"That makes two of us." I sighed, nodding once. "She's more than just a thorn in my side. She's like an entire tree."

"Trees can be chopped down, if necessary." Theo hummed quietly from where he sat. Inwardly, I agreed. Outwardly, I ignored him, moving on.

"So, Holly's patronus and Blaise's bravery aside, what else has gone on in the outside world? I need information, you guys- It's not easy being huddled in here with these two." I said teasingly, grinning when both Neville and Theo glanced over at me with frowns. 

"It's not always easy being in here with you either. Ever thought of that?" Neville asked as he stepped down from the map platform, coming to flick my shoulder. "No, probably not. But it is."

"Oh, hush. I'm adorable."

"I'm inclined to agree with Longbottom, Brownie." Theo chimed in, and I scowled at him.

"Shut up!"

"Shut doesn't-"

"Shut your mouth, Nott, and get back to watching your friend sleep." I said sourly, pleased when Theo frowned and retreated back to his book pages. All three younger students looked amused at the interaction, but refrained from commenting, and I smiled when Holly actually answered my question.

"Not a lot has happened. The Carrows are horrid, the food is... Warm, usually, but nothing like it used to be. All the other professors are starting to rebel a little more. McGonagall pushed me out of class with a handful of biscuits the other day."

"And Flitwick made sure everyone knew how to do a proper defensive charm." Nigel added. "Bulstrode found out about it,  was going to report us all to the Carrows, but then Astoria Greengrass confunded her!"

"Greengrass confunded Bulstrode?" Neville's tone mirrored my expression, one of complete and utter surprise. Theo let out a small hum.

"Can't blame her. I'd confund Bulstrode too. Merlin knows the witch deserves it." He said, turning the page of his book. I nodded, smiling a little at the thought.

"She's not pleasant." I said finally in agreement. "And I'm glad she didn't report Flitwick- The students need the Professors right now, more than ever."

"They've realized that too- We get messages now. They send their Patronus to the common room during the night, keep us updated on the Order. It's like having Potterwatch on, but more personalized." Colin said, grinning a little. It's really cool. Wish I knew how to do it." 

I was only half listening to him though, an idea having struck into my head  and taking over my thought process. 

I think I had just figured out how to contact Severus.

_

"Are you certain of this?" Theo was saying, eyeing me distrustfully as I studied the map for what must've  been the twentieth time. I shrugged.

"It's the best idea I have. I have to contact Severus somehow. And if I'm going to do it, I've got to do it while Neville's asleep." At his name, I risked a glance over at where my friend lay in his hammock, snoring and evidently sound asleep. My nose crinkled up, and I looked back to Theo. "Besides, you want Blaise to wake up, don't you?"

He stared at me blankly, and I couldn't help but smirk.

"That's what I thought. So be a little more confident- And watch the map, will you? I need to know if anyone moves."

"What if they're able to sense it though?"

"The Professors apparently get by with it just fine." I said. Theo rolled his eyes.

"Yes, but you're not exactly an experienced Patronus expert as of yet. Excuse me for being a little wary. It's Blaise that's riding on this-"

"Which is why I've got to do this, and I can't mess up." I said firmly, pushing the sleeves of my sweater up to my elbow. "Merlin, Theo, be more positive. This spell revolves around happiness. If you're going to sulk, go find a corner somewhere."

"Just cast the damn spell." Theo snapped, leaning back against the railing. "I'm watching the map now. So get it on with it."

I sighed, a little exasperated, but nodded. "Thanks, Nott. Alright."

Rolling my shoulders, I tried to conjure up whatever happy memory would stick, whatever made my chest feel warm with that familiar feeling of goodness that I so missed. It was a little easier than it had been in past. Now, it seemed, that I had done it once, each Patronus came easier, and as I let the memory of Christmas morning wash over me, I smiled.

"Expecto Patronum!"

I rather liked my fawn. Theo still sniggered a little as the thing pranced about, coming to a stop in front of me. 

"I- I've no idea how to do this. Tell Severus it's me, I'm safe, and I'm in the Room. Blaise is stable, but- he won't wake up on his own, I need a potion, and you're the only person that might have it, or something close... Wide-Eye potion, Revival.. Anything Severus. Please." I sighed, and as soon as I shut my mouth my Patronus was gone, flitting through the door with ease. As soon as it left, it took the warm feeling in my chest with it, and I tried not to shudder at the loss but instead focus on the map. 

"The Carrows are still in their office. Filch is down in the basement.. It should be fine." Theo told me, frowning a little. "This might actually work."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence." I snipped, then sighed. "And now we wait to hear back."

I was grateful Severus didn't take long, and the middle of a brief nap I had seen fit to take, there was a knock on the door, loud enough to stir both Theo and I from our sleepy states without rousing Neville.

"You were supposed to be watching the map!" I hissed at Theo.  I scrambled to sit up from my reclined position against the railing of the platform, cringing when my back ached stiffly. Theo scowled at me, stretching his arms up above his head.

"And you said you'd only close your eyes for a few minutes-"

"Oh, shut it!" I waved him off, glancing down at the map quickly. But whatever had knocked was gone now, no sign of anyone down the hallways. It must've been a hell of a concealment charm, and I let out a small huff.

"Guess we have no option but to look out the door, then."

"Or we could not?" Theo suggested, eyebrow raised. "That seems like the less-stupid option. What if the Carrows are there?"

"The Carrows are still in their offices- And sleeping, by the looks of it." I pointed out. Theo shrugged, undeterred from worrying.

"It could be a trick."

"Or it could be the potion that helps Blaise." I said, and he frowned, obviously not having considered this before. After a moment he nodded, though he didn't seem pleased about it.

"Fine. Open the door."

"Thank you." I whispered snidely, and stepped off the platform to approach the large doors that kept us safe from the outside halls. With a deep breath, I wrapped my fingers around one of the handles and pulled it open just enough that I'd be able to get my arm through.

To my relief, there were no Carrows, but a letter and a small vial sat outside the door.

"Thank Merlin, Severus." I muttered, quickly sweeping the items into the room before shutting the door. Theo peered curiously at me, having moved closer. When he saw the vial, his eyes widened, and he reached for it; I slapped his hand away.

"Let me read the letter first! It could have instructions." I told him, picking up the letter and quickly slicing open the seal with my thumb, ignoring the faint sting that told me I had probably earned myself a paper cut. Unfolding the letter, my eyes poured over the words.

'First,

I suppose a 'well done' on your patronus is in order. A fawn is a peculiar result.

I assume, if Zabini is with you, so is Nott, unless the Carrows have disposed of him without informing me of the fact. 

The potion is for Zabini. Though it is generally taken only orally, I find it helpful if you dab it on the eyelids as well. He should wake well. If he does not, then he is unable to helped and I cannot advise you on what to do.

I believe what little sanity we have in this castle is to be cut short soon

Be ready.'

Theo, who had been reading over my shoulder, snorted. "Well he's the sentimental one, isn't he?"

"Oh, hush. And come along- You want Blaise to wake up, don't you?"

"Sure, but it is four in the morning." Theo pointed out. I rolled my eyes, turning to look back at him as I made my way to where we had been keeping Blaise.

"I'm sure Blaise has had enough sleep for awhile." I promised, and Theo didn't argue, merely shrugging and jogging the rest of the way over to take his place on the other side of Blaise. I sat down in my own seat, cracking open the topper of the vial with a deep breath. Dabbing a little onto my fingers, I quickly swiped them over Blaise's eyelids, and then looked to Theo.

"Alright. Open his mouth a little for me."

"Why do I have to touch his mouth?" Theo complained even as he reached forward, gently opening his friend's jaw so I could slip the liquid through.

"Because I don't want to." I said simply, and carefully poured the potion. It was a moment of anxiety- If his body didn't take it, or he started throwing up, we'd have to turn him on his side quickly. And if the potion didn't work at all...

"Theo, we've got to prepare for the worst if this doesn't work." I said, and Theo scowled at me.

"It's going to work."

"But if it-"

"It's going to work, Brownie. Now shut up and give it a chance." He said. I bit my lip but decided to stay silent. Setting the vial aside, I sat back in my chair and hoped desperately that it would work.

My hope was not in vain.

"I wake up, and you two are still bickering like toddlers." Blaise's voice was groggy and hoarse, but it was working, and a smile slid onto my face as his eyes's flickering open, narrow but not shut. "How horribly in character of you."

"Merlin's socks, mate!" Theo cried, earning him a small angry sound from Neville and an amused look from me. He looked down at his friend with relief, hand going to shake his shoulder gently. "Way to be an ass- You had me scared!"

"Sorry about that." Blaise said, not sounding the least bit apologetic. He looked over to me, squinting a little. "I don't suppose I could have some water?"

"Water is a good idea." I agreed, and left quickly to fetch him some. I was also glad just to give them a moment alone, knowing that the two would probably be more comfortable with some privacy. When I turned back with a glass full of water though, I was taken aback to see that Theo had Blaise in a tight embrace, the other holding him back just as firmly.

I felt a little sheepish about breaking it up, lifting up Blaise's water as I approached. "I hate to break up the reunion, but- water?"

"Yes please." Blaise said, slipping from his friend's arms to take the water from me. He downed it, and I was glad to see that everything seemed to be in working order. That was, until he frowned, and looked down at his hand.

"Am- Am I missing a finger?" He asked, evidently bemused. Theo and I exchanged glances, and I grimaced.

"A finger and a half, actually. I'm sorry- There wasn't a lot I could do." I said, wringing my hands together a little nervously. Blaise only shook his head though.

"No, no that's fine- Better than I could've expected, honestly." He said. Then his frowned deepened. "She took my family ring though. It's gone."

"She- Parkinson?" Theo asked, eyebrows raised high. Suddenly he stood up, his chair scooting back. "I'm gonna go kill the bitch."

"Maybe another time?" I advised weakly. Theo frowned. Blaise nodded, looking much to groggy to consider planning a murder, however justified it may be.

"Another time." He agreed, and Theo slumped back down into his seat with a sigh and a frown.

"Well, I, at least want a shot at her."

"You and a lot of other people." I promised, my tone wry.

_

It was weird, but watching Theo and Blaise together made me miss my boyfriend. Their bickering, the good-natured tone of their insults and their stories of shared experiences in the Slytherin common room were all small reminders of the part of their trio that was absent. A very key part of their trio. 

And a very key part of myself.

I tried not to be too down and out about his absence, focusing on other things. Blaise's constantly rising health status, for instance. Or Lavender's defense skills. Or teasing Neville about Hannah and the way that his eyes would follow her whenever she was in the Room, a small smile on his lips whenever one of her friends said something that made her laugh.

But then I would start thinking about couples again, and it all lead me back to Draco.

I had to remember though.

May second was coming quickly. And, of course, there wold be death and pain and violence, but there would be Draco, there would be reunions, and, hopefully, there would be victory.

I took a deep breath.

I could wait.

*

* *

* * *

* * * *

* * * * *

I apologize for the lateness of this chapter! And the possible writing/grammar errors. I'm sleepy, and busy, and a little sick.. all in all, not a very good mix.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! I'm steadily getting more and more excited for the final battle. It's going to be a doozy! You all will love it. Maybe. Hopefully.

Thank you for being so very very patient, and so very kind. I read all of the comments you write, and they really can make or break my day sometimes. It means a lot, and for that, I am grateful. Writing wouldn't be quite as fun if there was no one to read it!

As for the Girl Marauder and the HP&SB series, updates will be coming soon... Probably after this week.

As for this chapter, however, I'd love to hear what you thought of it. SO, as usual, feel free to vote, comment, or send me a quick message. I always enjoy hearing what you have to say!

Until the next chapter, friends.

Luv ya,

-Lily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.6K 1.7K 19
Y/n is an eleven-year-old girl who lives in the Burrow with the rest of the Weasleys. Her life would change forever when she got into Hogwarts School...
2.6K 44 22
Ages 13 and up Y/n is a typical girl at Hogwarts, trying to survive classes while figuring out the complexity of being the middleman of her two best...
797 4 46
Lily Potter is eleven years old. She has been patiently waiting for her turn to go to Hogwarts. But there are a few notches. She is a lycanthrope. Sh...
86.3K 1.6K 49
Y/n Fawley grew up in the wizarding world, her parents both being from pureblood families. And now, it's finally time for her to start Hogwarts. Alon...