My Little Wolf ♛ Klaus Mikael...

By BlowingDaisies

"And all that we had was lost in that one moment of weakness." Madeline had known the Originals before they... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 5

27.6K 751 105
By BlowingDaisies

The next day was the worst day of my life. The skies were gloomy as we left our homes, discovering the multiple dead bodies scattered amongst the village. I only thought about one person; Niklaus.

I had to find him.

My heart raced as I rushed over to his cottage. Knocking on the door, I waited impatiently for someone to answer. I was greeted by Esther.

"Is Niklaus home?" I asked her. She nodded her head, calling to the boy. I let out a sigh of relief, knowing that he was okay.

"You must come inside to speak with him. I'm afraid he is ill," she told me, causing me to worry once more. I stepped inside, noticing that all of the windows were covered. Why did they want it so dark in here?

"Madeline?" Niklaus' voice tore my attention from the house. I smiled as I ran to him, being engulfed into his arms. I rested my head on his chest, happy to see him in good condition.

"Klaus," I breathed out happily. "You don't look ill. Your mother claimed that you were sick, but you seem healthy as ever to me."

"I've had a bit of a cough," he scratched his neck. I could tell that he was lying. I crossed my arms over my chest disapprovingly. "Why did you come?"

I had forgotten about the terrors outside.

"Some darkness has struck," I explained. "Bodies are laid all throughout the village, Niklaus. I wanted to make sure you were alright."

"I'm fine," he said, refusing to look me in the eye.

"What's wrong with you today?"

"I don't know what you mean. I am no different than I have been any other day. I assure you everything is okay."

His eyes trailed down to my neck. His eyes darkened and the veins under them began to pop. I backed away in fear. What was happening to him?

"Niklaus," I gasped. He quickly looked away from me. I found my heart once again racing as I waited for an explanation. I was so lost.

"You need to leave," he ordered. I didn't move. I was too scared and mostly too concerned to leave him. "Now!" His voice raised, and I had to admit that I was terrified. I ran out the door without hesitation.

"Madeline, are you alright?" Isaac asked as I ran straight into him. I only answered by crying. My brother held me in his arms protectively.

"H-he's changed," I stutter. "He's lying to me and keeping secrets. I don't know the man I saw."

"What kinds of secrets?"

"Dark ones," I assumed. "Something happened last night, brother. All of the Mikaelsons are acting suspicious. Their windows are covered up, blocking out the sun. His eyes changed. It was horrifying."

"Creatures of the night," Isaac whispered in disbelief. "You're describing creatures of the night, sister! Esther has tapped into a dark enchantment."

"What has she done to her family?"

"Evil," he answered, staring at their home.

•••

It was night fall, and I knew that I usually snuck out to see Niklaus, but I was too scared. He wasn't the same. I was far too afraid to face him. A light tap at the window stirred me awake.

I glanced up to see him smiling through the glass. I hesitantly walked over to the door and opened it. He grabbed my hand, pulling me outside.

"Madeline, I'm sorry for our spurt this morning," he apologized. "I wasn't feeling myself, but I'm better now. I can assure you."

"All is forgiven," I sigh. My eyes fall to his chest. Blood stains covered it. My eyes widened in fear as I begin to back away. "What have you done?"

"I can't control it, Madeline," he frowned, grabbing my hand again. He interlaced our fingers, and I'm sure they're shaking in terror. "I'm just so hungry, but I promise that I won't ever hurt you. You shouldn't be afraid."

"You're wearing someone's blood, and you ask me to not be afraid?" I ask in disbelief. "Niklaus, you have to stop this. You're becoming a monster."

"I will, as soon as I can," he assured me. "But I have something I need to do. I must avenge my poor brother."

"What?" My heart stops. If he avenges Henrik, my brother will be slaughtered. "W-what do you mean avenge him?"

"I will kill then man who took my brother's life. Now, do you know who killed him?"

"Niklaus-"

"Answer honestly," he ordered, looking me in the eye. For some reason, I was unable to stop myself from spilling my guts.

"Yes," I admitted. "But revenge is not the answer. This isn't you, Klaus. You must stop before anyone else gets hurt."

"Henrik got hurt, Madeline!" He exclaimed in frustration. "The man who took his life doesn't deserve his own. So again I ask you to answer honestly. Who killed Henrik?"

"No," I cried. My knees gave from under me as I fell to the ground. I was biting my tongue so hard that I had begun to draw blood. I knew that Klaus could sense it, seeing as his eyes did the thing again.

"Tell me," he ordered.

"It was Isaac," I whimpered, but he had heard me. I looked up, feeling a pang of guilt. His eyebrows scrunched together, and I could see just how much it hurt to hear the truth. His best friend.

"Isaac?"

"He couldn't control it, Niklaus. You don't understand. Wolves cannot control their actions when they turn. You knew the dangers of watching them. You cannot blame Isaac."

"And who is to blame? Are you saying I am at fault?"

"I'm saying that you can't kill Isaac! He is your friend! He's the man who helped you perfect your aim so the others would tease you no longer! He's the one who had compassion for you. He's the one who introduced us. He has given you so much."

"And look what he has taken in return," he yells at me. "He shall be condemned for the wrong he has committed."

"He's my brother!" I scream back in tears.

"And Henrik was mine! You don't know the pain of losing a sibling, but you soon shall. Isaac won't last the night. I promise you that."

I attempt to grab him, but he easily shoves me away, sending me flying back into a tree. I grip my head in pain as I watch him bang on the door.

"Isaac!" He calls. My brother answers, holding his bow and arrow, readying to shoot the vampire.

"Niklaus, I didn't mean to hurt him. I wouldn't do that to him. I wouldn't do that to you," my brother says shakily.

Klaus doesn't care as he jerks him outside. The bow and arrow crashes towards the ground. My heart is racing as I watch the two.

"A good hunter once gave me some advice. He said always go for the neck. It's very frail," he smirks before plunging into my brother. I scream out in horror before running towards the bow and arrow.

I shakily aim it at his back before taking the shot. He lets out a cry of pain as I drop the weapon. He tosses my dead brother to the side before stalking up to me. I take a few steps back, bumping into a tree.

He rips the arrow out of his back and throws it down beside me. My heart is racing as the tears fall down my cheeks. His face is mixed with anger and hurt.

"Klaus, please don't," I beg.

"Don't call me that. We are no longer friends or whatever we once were. You stabbed me in the back quite literally."

"You were killing my brother," I cried.

"An eye for an eye," he hissed before he stalked away, leaving me to my brother's corpse. I quickly run to him, breaking down.

A/N: And vampires have been introduced!

I don't know if you guys liked the way I captured their vampiric ways, but I hope you did. Klaus is very big on revenge, and I think that he would have really done this. I hope you guys feel the same way.

Please comment, vote, and follow! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 633 33
You always thought your love story was epic. It started with a boy and a curse. For centuries, it survived every obstacle. Until it didn't. What happ...
429K 11.2K 42
Elisabetta was found by Elijah Mikaelson and he took her in as his own. As she grows up into a strong vampire relationships change between Liza and t...
21K 560 18
I'm Angelica Evans and I was born in the 10th century. You may ask, how is I am alive, simple, I'm a vampire. An original at that. No I'm not part of...
400K 8.5K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...