Mia and Her Alpha

By WolfLoverKait

My name is Mia and when I was a child my mother made a choice risking everyone's safety. The choice was a sac... More

M&A || One
M&A || Two
M&A || Three
M&A || Four
Chapter 5-The Truth Will Set You Free
Chapter 6-Justice
Chapter 7-Follow Your Heart
Chapter 8-How Much More Can The Heart Take?
Chapter 9-Family Reunion
Chapter 10-Brother
Chapter 11-The Escape
Chapter 12-Finding Each Other
Chapter 13-Waterfall
Chapter 14-Stranger in the Woods
Chapter 15-My Mate?
Chapter 16-No More Waiting
Chapter 17-Brother's Arrival
Chapter 18-You're Not The Only Alpha Child
Chapter 19-You Need To Let Go
Chapter 20-2 Girls. 1 Heart.
Chapter 21-Escape From Suffocation
Chapter 22-Dominos
Chapter 24-Past Not Forgotten
Chapter 25- Blessing or Curse?
Chapter 26-Clean
Chapter 27-Personal Hell
Chapter 28-Carnage
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Author's Note
M&A || Nora &Tyler

Chapter 23-If The Cookie Crumbles

5.4K 223 7
By WolfLoverKait

1 Hour Later

"It's time to build up the forces against Jackson. A war of the wolves is brewing and we need to be prepared at every angle. Only one wolf can be king and right now it's looking like Jackson will be the victor. He has much of the smaller packs on his side where we are relying on our own strength. Our strength is great in size, but nothing compared to thousands of wolves. I'm ready to fulfill my duty as your luna. I will make sure we win this war." I spoke powerfully.

I'm currently in charge since Lucas is unable to fulfill his duty as alpha in his condition. I still haven't had a chance to tell Lucas about what Lily told me. I have to do whatever means necessary to ensure our safety. I'm supposed to be with Lily, but my people are in desperate need of guidance.

I decided to call a meeting with Lucas' advisors to go over the steps we can take at this moment while Lucas is in a leave of absence. I'm hoping this meeting will go over well with them even though we are strangers. I don't even know their names. I'm just hoping Tyler will help me if I get stuck.

"You've made it clear that we don't have the numbers on our side. Most of the surrounding packs have gone to Jackson. Who's left for us to have on our side? I mean most packs are scared of how powerful Jackson has become." A man with ginger hair and a freckled face spoke.

I pulled out the map of all the packs in our general area. I circled each pack that I am sure have not chosen a side to be on.

"Five. Five of the thirty-eight packs have not said what side they are on at this point. We need their support in order to win this."

"Two of these packs only have a few hundred wolves. We can never win if we just have them."

"Sources have confirmed that Jackson has roughly ten thousand wolves on his side. He pulled in wolves from other areas of the world. We have five thousand with just us. Any number of wolves with helping us. And besides, these smaller packs are in complete unity which will benefit us. We will be united where Jackson won't be. Just wait. Soon other alphas will get sick of Jackson and they won't be throwing forward a united front." I spoke firmly.

Jackson doesn't have good people skills. He will find a way to crumble. When they crumble, we will have strong forces to take them down. Fear will spread in their eyes. We are coming. Strong.

"Alpha Brady has a pack of about two thousand. He is on the other side of us. Jackson didn't dare to go to him because he would have to cross us to get there. I will leave for Alpha Brady's pack tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get him to side with us and they will come train with us to crush this war."

"How can you be so sure this will work?" The freckled man asked.

"Because I trust what our pack can do."

With that, I ended the meeting. Most of the advisors don't trust my instincts on this because I'm not used to this sorta stuff. They only trust Lucas' word. I'll prove them wrong. Just like I will prove Jackson wrong.

I grabbed the map to bring to Lucas. I may be in charge, but I still wanted his opinion. I've been a terrible mate to him. I want the chance to make that up to him. The only way I can get that chance is if I win this war for us. For our future family.

On my way back to the hospital, I found Lily and Nora doing some retail shopping.

"Hey, Lily and Nora!"

"Mia! Where have you been?" Nora yelled.

"I held a meeting with Lucas' advisors. I'm working on how we can get the numbers. I'm actually heading out to Alpha Brady's pack tomorrow morning. And then Tyler is going to three smaller packs tomorrow as well. We need all the help we can get."

"Oh, Mia! Look!" Lily spoke happily. Lily held up the RedMoon necklace that was hanging from her neck. She was officially one of us.

"Congratulations Lily! I'm so glad you're finally here. I feel really bad that I can't be with you today so I'm going to make it up to you. Once I get back from Alpha Brady's pack, we are heading into town. Call it a girls night out." I laughed.

"Won't they know who we are, you know, werewolves?" Lily asked.

"The humans won't know as long as we don't use our reflexes or speed and then we will mask our smell so the werewolves in town will think we are human. Trust me, I have it all figured out. I have to go, but see you soon."

I continued on my way to the hospital. Hopefully, Lucas is awake and better. He seemed so lost and confused when I was there earlier.

Lucas' room seemed a lot more lively when I returned. Lucas was fully conscious reading a book when I entered. He seemed as though the drug passed through his system.

"How are you feeling?" I said cheerfully while pulling a chair over next to his bed.

"Better. You...um...look different."

"I thought it was best to start over. And I mean what's starting over without a new hairdo." I grinned.

"You look beautiful," He said while lifting up my hand and planting a small kiss on it.

"I came to talk to you. Not about yesterday, but about our plan to win this battle."

I pulled out the map with the bright red circles out and placed it on his lap.

"Why are there only five packs circled?"

"Lily came with information. Remember? Anyways, these are the five packs who have not stated the side they're on or if they will be remaining neutral. Tyler is going to these packs tomorrow while I go to Alpha Brady's pack tomorrow. Lucas, I'm afraid this war is a lot bolder than we had anticipated. Jackson is bring ten thousand wolves along with guns that house silver bullets. We need all the support and training we can get. One more thing, Jackson has been going into town twice a week. Lily isn't sure why, but we need to figure out why."

"Alpha Brady?"

"Yes, is there a problem?"

"Let's just say that Brady and I won't be sending Christmas cards anytime soon."

"Trust me. I'll win them over."

"Just be careful. His mate, Lexa, can be very ferocious. She's very protective of her people. I don't want you to be seen as the enemy."

"I'll be fine. I promise."

I planted a kiss on Lucas' forehead before exiting his room. I really didn't want to talk about us.

"Mia? I think we need to talk about us."

"What about us?" I stuttered.

Of course, I knew what he wanted to talk about except I didn't want to say anything. I just wanted to leave it at rest and continue our lives.

"Why did you come back?"

"For our people. They need a luna that is more decent than Olivia."

"I mean, why did you come back to be with me?"

"Lucas, I'm insanely in love with you despite everything that goes on in our lives. I do think you have a good heart somewhere. I intend to help you find that. You're a good man Lucas. Always remember that." I smiled before walking out not giving him a chance to speak.

Lucas was a good man. He has made a lot of bad choices in his life, but I can't hold that against him. I've made bad choices too. Ones that I'm not proud of, ones that no one even knows about, not even Lily.

-----------

The night passed slowly. I kept thinking about how I left things with Lucas. Except I think I left them the best way for both of us. We both weren't in the condition to deal with our issues.

Tyler wanted to drive me to Brady's pack, but I insisted that I ride a horse. Our discussion was serious, but I didn't want it to seem too formal. And besides, I love riding horses. Because I decided to ride a horse over to their pack which meant I had to leave early.

I settled on wearing black leggings, a maroon tank top with a lace cardigan, and riding boots.

I had Tyler call Brady the night before to let him know I was coming. I got the sense he was happy I was coming instead of Lucas. I haven't spoken to Lucas since yesterday afternoon which means I still don't know what happened between Brady and him.

I arrived at the other pack around ten in the morning. I jumped off the horse and handed her over to Brady's beta. Brady was on the step to meet me.

This pack looked a lot different than ours. It seemed very rural. The houses seemed small and crowded. The alpha house was wooden and seemed to be only a fourth of Lucas'. Despite it looks, I could see the wolves training hard in the distance.

Brady and I began walking towards each other meeting halfway. I bowed my head down at him and held out my hand. I was going for a handshake, but instead he lifted my hand and planted a short kiss on it.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Mia. My cousin hasn't told me much about you. I look forward to finally getting to know you." He smiled.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well. I had no idea Lucas and you were cousins?"

"I guess Lucas hasn't mentioned me either."

Brady seemed a bit hurt that we both had no idea that we existed. It seemed odd that we didn't know each other existed especially when we are practically cousins now.

"If you don't mind Mia, I'd like to get right down to business. Tyler spoke to me over the telephone and said you were coming to discuss this Great War that is upon us."

Brady had a thick accent when he spoke. Maybe Australian? Actually I think it is a British accent. Except I've never traveled anywhere so I have no clue.

"Yes, I did come to speak to you about the war. You have so far yet to declare how you will be acting in the war. Whether it's for Lucas, my brother, or if you plan to remain neutral. My brother has built up an army of ten thousand against Lucas' now seven thousand wolves. We are looking to see if you are willing to help us in this battle by fighting alongside us."

"I'd be willing to fight alongside you, Mia. I really would except I don't see how this could benefit us. If we fight with you, members of my pack will be slaughtered. What if Jackson wins? My pack would be in serious danger for siding with you. I feel as though remaining neutral will benefit us in the long run."

"Brady, remaining neutral will not take away the anger Jackson has with him. He will destroy anything that does not side with him. And if you decided to side with Jackson, I'm not sure if Lucas would spare you if hypothetically he gets the opportunity. It's a big decision. I know. Just remember that it's war. No one wins. Not even the people who chose to remain neutral. Brady, I'm begging you to join us. My brother will cross someone making them crumble. They were my pack for sixteen years. Jackson doesn't run in the eyes of fear, but the rest of them do."

Trying to convince someone to join your side in the time of war is a lot harder than I expected. I was kinda hoping he would immediately say yes to joining us because we are indeed family.

"I'd have to think about it, Mia. Let me talk to my beta Rufus before I make any life or death decisions. You are free to walk around and meet the people of my pack if you wish."

"Thank you for your consideration." I smiled before exiting.

I walked down the hallway on the first floor of the packed house. I came across a little girl painting a beautiful picture of a white horse in a meadow. She has black curls dangling from her head. She's no older than five. I stood in the hallway watching the girl as she carefully placed watercolor streaks on the paper.

"You can come in you know," She spoke while continuing to stare at the paper in front of her.

I carefully opened the wooden door and knelt down by her side.

"This is a beautiful picture. Have you seen this horse before?"

"In my imagination. Do you think you can grab my pencil for me."

I nodded my head and reached into the black tray in order to find the purple pencil.

"Here you go."

"Can you put it in my hand, please?"

I took the paintbrush out of hand and placed the pencil in between her small delicate fingers.

"Hello, Mia. I'm Lexa." The women spoke from behind me.

I pulled myself off the ground to my feet. I walked over to the woman and shook her hand. She had the same curly black hair just like the little girl.

"I'm Mia, but you already knew that. Is this your daughter?"

"Yes. This is Rosie."

"She's a very talented artist."

"Thank you."

"Why don't we talk in the other room. Rosie gets frustrated when she hears talking while she uses her imagination to draw."

I followed Lexa down the hall to a small room that looked at the mountains in the distance.

"This is a very cozy place that you have."

"Thank you. I'm sure you haven't seen anything like it. I've been to your pack a few time and yours is just a masterpiece."

"I really like it here. It seems so stress-free. I feel like I'm on vacation."

"It is nice. It's the perfect place for Rosie to live her life in."

"Do you mind if I ask you something?" I spoke nervously.

"I'm assuming it's about Rosie. She probably asked you to get her something. Rosie is blind. She has a rare form of cancer. Here eyesight faded around when she was two. She uses her other senses to act as a guide. She uses them to imagine the world that surrounds her. Rosie wants to experience everything before she meets her grandmother in heaven.

"I'm so sorry. If I had known then I would have never brought it up."

"It's fine sweetie. At first we thought it was a curse, but with each day Rosie is learning something new. Something we never could do it seems almost like a blessing."

"It's amazing how she could take something as heartbreaking as this and turn it into something extraordinary."

"A word of advice for your own. Take one day at a time. Embrace all of the life's moments because you never know when it could fade." She smiled.

"What do you mean for my own?"

"Oh, you didn't know. I'm part witch. I can sense certain things. Mia, you're pregnant."

"I am?"

"You are. The baby is too young for me to tell the gender, but I'd guess it's a girl."

"A baby girl." I whispered while placing my hand on my stomach.

"Congratulations Mia."

Rosie walked into the room and tugged down her mother's dress.

"Mommy, is Auntie Mia staying?"

Before anyone of us could speak, Brady walked into the room picking Rosie up in his arms making her giggle.

"I'm afraid you are staying Mia. A big storm is coming and I don't think it is safe for you to be traveling during it. You can leave tomorrow morning. I'm sure Lucas would be fine with that."

I'm sure Lucas would not be happy that I was staying the night.

---------

After I called Lucas and I told him that I was staying the night I decided to play with Rosie.

"Auntie Mia, can we bake cookies?"

"Only if your parents say it's alright right."

Rosie ran over towards her parents.

"Can Auntie Mia and I bake cookies. Please, please, pretty please?"

"Sure. I don't see a problem with that." Lexa replied.

"Yay! Thank you! Thank you!" Rosie spoke cheerfully.

-------

Lexa POV

Brady and I retired up to our bedroom leaving Mia and Rosie to bake a batch of cookies. Today was a very interesting day. Mia seemed so shocked that she was pregnant. However, I had a terrible feeling about her baby. I didn't want to worry her, she seemed scared enough so I decided to keep the last bit of information to myself.

"Hey, Brady?"

"Yes, sweetie?"

"We need to help them."

"I know. I know."

"You know what Jackson would do to us if he won. He still wants to kill us from the incident."

"I won't let that happen. Just please make sure Mia doesn't find out what happened."

"I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 13.5K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
1.8M 46.1K 36
My whole life has literally sucked. My mom cheated on my dad when I was 11 and then both my dad and I moved out. My name is Chloe and I'm 16 years ol...
1M 27K 46
"I'm not good enough for you." I say to him. He looks at me and wipes the tears from my cheeks. "You're more than enough for me." I start to shake my...
131 0 15
I was just a pure human, I lived in the city with my mother. We had money to help take care of ourselves since my father died. My mother was lonely a...