The Hunter.

By Nica_diAngelo

"What're you saying, girl?" "Well, you have Slicers, Baggers, Track Hoe's, Builders, Runners...but I'll never... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Comment please
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Thanks!
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Wow
Chapter 8
A/N (Important, well Semi-important!)
Chapter 9
Sorry
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Yes...again.
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 20

76 9 1
By Nica_diAngelo

Don't kill me. I know it's waaaay overdue. But please enjoy. I'm sorry.
"Still doesn't make sense." Minho said, shrugging. Missie exhaled loudly. "Minho, what, oh what, don't you get?"
The boy shrugged again. "How you gonna persuade em? Hold a knife to their throats? Strap em to a detonator."
"Maybe... Or, maybe I could use my feminine charm."
"Like, seduction?"
Minho stayed quiet for a while, as if considering it. He then burst into laughter.
Missie huffed, "What is so funny, Mean-hoe?"
"Missie, you? Seduction? I'd sooner believe that Santa Clause is coming up in the box next. Rather stick to threats and such. Man..."
Missie huffed, "I could if I wanted to!"
"Really, Miss?" Minho raised a dark brow.
Missie sighed. "No." She slumped onto the bed, "I cannot believe I even mentioned it"
Minho shook his head. "There are other ways to convince him, you know."
Missie sighed. "I don't have time. Who knows when he'll call a gathering. And he's very hardheaded, mind you."
Minho bit his lip thoughtfully... "Well," he shrugged and got up from the chair "can't think on an empty stomach. Let's go to dinner." He took Missie's wrist and pulled her off the bed. As they walked, yhey passed the room Alby was in Missie struggled to not look. After they'd gotten Alby, they were able to administer the grief serum in time. He was still going through the Changing. At least for now he was still and quiet. It wouldn't last very long.They headed in the direction of the Kitchen. They found an empty table and sat, they were soon joined by Chuck, who stared at Artemis, his mouth slightly agape. Missie struggled to keep the smile off her face. "Hey Chuckles, been a while. How've you been?"
"Missie! You were in- and you just-but it-" Chuck scowled, then shot Missie an accusatory glare, "how are you alive?"
"Jeez, Chuckles. Glad to see you, too" Missie raised a brow and the boy rolled his eyes.
"Of course I'm glad to see you, Miss, just- what were you thinking?"
Artemis sighed, "Honestly, Chuck, I wasn't really. Can we not talk about it, right now?"
Chuck nodded, "Just so you know, you are now officially more awesome than you were when you outwitted Minho. Miss Griever killer-hunter-lady." Chuck beamed at her and she couldn't help but smile back.
"Hey," Minho said, "Right here. But keep talking as if I'm not,"
Missie smirked, "Sure thing. Chuck did you know Minho-"
"Missie!"
"Kidding!"
"What's with all the bloody commotion?" Newt sat at their table and Artemis pursed her lips. She was silent for the remainder of the meal, even when Thomas joined them.
"Missie, help me take these plates to the kitchen." Thomas said, once they'd all eaten. He forcefully pulled Missie up. She grudgingly followed after taking hold of hers and Chuck's plates.
They found the kitchen empty. Thomas dropped the dishes and spun towards Missie. "What's up?" Missie shrugged.
"You've been off the whole of dinner. What is it. You can tell me?"
"I don't know, Thomas, but when I do, you'll be the first to know what it is."
Thomas narrowed his eyes at her then nodded slowly. "Fine."
******
Artemis walked around the Glade watching the sky darken. When she was at the homestead she bumped into Newt. She carefully tried to step aside and walk away, but the boy grabbed her arm and dragged her into the homestead. He pulled them into a med-room and shut the door. "Newt, what-" she was pushed against the wall. Newt brought his face down to hers. "Missie, why are you trying to kill yourself?"
"I'm not."
"I don't want you to get hurt."
"Or you don't trust me not to."
Newts closed his eyes. Artemis leaned forward and kissed him softly. "Newt, I'm strong. I can do this"
"I know...but I...just want to protect you. I don't know..why just...this feeling..." Newt groaned.
"Newt it hurts me that you, of all people doubt my ability. It really hurts."
"Love, I don't doubt your ability. I know you can do it. I know you can. I just worry about you because I..."
"What?"
"Nothing. Point is, I bloody well know you're as strong or stronger than any shank here. I know that your idea makes sense. It could help. A lot. I just... I wanna make a condition for my total approval."
Missie nodded, "yeah?"
"You train with Thomas, Runner skills will do you good. But...you should also be trained in combat. Alright?"
"Alright!" Missie grinned and kissed Newt again, this time for a bit longer. She pulled him closer just as footsteps advanced-fast. They separated just as Chuck burst in. "There you are! Come quick. It's Alby."
Please comment and vote? Pleeeaaassseee?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.4K 17
First book in the Lilly in the Glade Series. [Completed] The gladers didn't think that things could get any weirder, until she came up. Another girl...
1.4K 82 82
A17 - The Heart She's the kind one in the group, but can still have some sarcastic comments here and there. She's the Glader the others can count on...
6.4K 75 13
❝If you ain't scared, you ain't human.❞ Elizabeth woke up in a metal box, no memories, she couldn't even recall how she got there. Arriving at the gl...
2.2M 59.5K 42
❝But now I know that wherever we are, or whatever we're doing, we'll always have each other.❞ You woke up in the Maze two years ago with no memories...