Mia and Her Alpha

By WolfLoverKait

My name is Mia and when I was a child my mother made a choice risking everyone's safety. The choice was a sac... More

M&A || One
M&A || Two
M&A || Three
M&A || Four
Chapter 5-The Truth Will Set You Free
Chapter 6-Justice
Chapter 7-Follow Your Heart
Chapter 8-How Much More Can The Heart Take?
Chapter 9-Family Reunion
Chapter 10-Brother
Chapter 11-The Escape
Chapter 12-Finding Each Other
Chapter 13-Waterfall
Chapter 14-Stranger in the Woods
Chapter 15-My Mate?
Chapter 16-No More Waiting
Chapter 17-Brother's Arrival
Chapter 18-You're Not The Only Alpha Child
Chapter 19-You Need To Let Go
Chapter 20-2 Girls. 1 Heart.
Chapter 22-Dominos
Chapter 23-If The Cookie Crumbles
Chapter 24-Past Not Forgotten
Chapter 25- Blessing or Curse?
Chapter 26-Clean
Chapter 27-Personal Hell
Chapter 28-Carnage
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Author's Note
M&A || Nora &Tyler

Chapter 21-Escape From Suffocation

5.2K 234 8
By WolfLoverKait

Mia POV

I did not know what to do about Lucas, but I did know one thing for sure, I can't be around the pack right now. The suffocation I feel is endless. I had to get away. The only problem is I don't know where to go.

I didn't have many choices of where to journey to. Either way I went, I'd either be somewhere that reminded me of Lucas or I'd be heading towards Jackson. My two least favorite people. I decided my best choice would be heading into town where the humans live even though it's pretty risky. Werewolves aren't allowed there, but I had no choice.

In a way, I kinda hoped the humans would notice that I, a werewolf, invaded the town that way they could kill me. For me, death was the only solution to end my misery. Except that couldn't happen. I can't leave behind Lily. She coming tomorrow and I need to make sure she gets to the pack safely.

I've never really been to the town before. I went there once when I was four. My dad was discussing an arrangement with their mayor about borders. From what I remember, the people had mixed emotions about us being there. Some were curious about us while others wanted to slit our throats. Despite our differences, human and wolf get along generally well as long as both follow the rules set into place for everyone's well-being.

Getting to the town took a lot longer than it should've. If I entered through the side that is closest to the werewolf packs then it would be obvious what I am so I had to walk around the town and enter from the other side. The other side is just a long highway that connects to a neighboring city.

The town was wild in strength. Every aspect of it seemed so familiar. The tall narrow building that lines the street, the cracked sidewalks with the hot dog stands on every corner, or even the children who flew their kites in the park. Everything seemed in place. This puzzle seemed completed.

I felt at peace here. I didn't feel like the enemy for once. I decided to head towards the park. I figured I'd sleep on a park bench tonight considering I didn't have enough money to rent a room for one night. The moon rose fast causing the humans to lock their doors quick. I didn't understand why everyone fled until I noticed it was a full moon.

A few small packs that are governed by either Lucas and Jackson consist of wolves who can only change under a full moon. I've heard brutal bedtime stories about these wolves. Let's just say they don't have good people skills. I'm assuming most of these wolves attack human headquarters under the full moon.

I could hear howls drawing closer and closer. My attention drew away from the howls towards the group of five vicious men walking sternly towards me. Wolves.

I quickly stood up from the park bench to reach eye level with them. I had to make sure to show them that I wasn't afraid of them. If I could survive Lucas and my brother, I think I'm good.

They spoke no words upon reaching me. The tall lean man with a rough face immediately punches me in the jaw. I fell down on a bench. My jaw stung an immense amount of pain. I took my hand that broke my fall and grasped my jaw. Red liquid seeped onto my hand. I was above angry.

My eyes flashed into dark pearls. My anger was burning inside. I was beginning to turn into a wolf, except I couldn't let that happen.

"Ooooooo. We have a wolf on our hands." The man who punched me chuckled.

"She's not turning!" One of them called from behind.

"That's right." The brutal man spoke darkly. He trapped my chin and yanked me back up to my feet. "What pack are you a part of? BlueMoon or RedMoon?"

"RedMoon." I managed to spit out.

"What are you doing here? RedMoons are not by any means allowed!" He spoke violently

I didn't know what to reply. I didn't have a good reason and there was no way in hell that I was telling him the real reason. My instincts took control. I slammed my foot down onto his making him release my chin. I bolted out of the park. I was a luna and the daughter of an alpha allowing me to run faster except I didn't know the city at all. I ran down each block trying to find a way out as the five men trailed behind me. I decided to head down Chestnut Street which with my luck ended up being a dead end.

The men trapped me not leaving any possible exit. All their fists were clenched as they gritted their teeth.

"I see we have a luna on our hands." The leader spoke.

"What are we going to do with her?" The smallest called.

"Whatever the fuck we want to!" The man roared.

Images of what they would do popped up in my head. I was scared, but it seemed to be better than being back at the pack.

"Leave her alone." A familiar voice yelled as he walked down the street towards the men.

The five men turned around and immediately moved to the sides to make a path for the man. My eyes were astonished by who they were seeing.

"Aiden," I spoke.

My words made the men turn their attention from him to me. I could tell they were full of fright. They were scared of Aiden.

As Aiden walked past them, the men bowed their heads. He was the real leader.

"Are you alright Mia?" He asked in a concerning tone.

"I'm fine." I smiled.

"Sir. We didn't know that you knew her." One of the men spoke.

Aiden turned his attention away from me and towards them.

"Don't you ever touch her again. Got it?" Aiden demanded.

The men nodded their heads before running away.

"Come with me," Aiden spoke before grabbing my hand.

We walked down a few blocks until we came upon a small baby blue duplex that sat between two brick apartment buildings. We walked onto an unleveled living room.

"Your floor is not even." I blurted out.

"It gives character. Anyway, make yourself at home." Aiden laughed.

Aiden walked towards the kitchen leaving me alone in the living space. I quickly turned on the television and plopped myself on the burgundy couch. The television automatically turned onto a screen filled with eight boxes that were showing different camera angles of the town.

Aiden came back with a bag full of eyes wrapped in a towel for my bleeding and bruised chin. Aiden sat down next to me as I put my hand out to take the ice from him.

"I can do it. I don't mind." Aiden said.

Aiden leaned in closer to me and placed the ice on my chin. The ice burned at first but soon turned soothing. Aiden and I just stared into each other's eyes. We began leaning into each other until our lips pressed. Five seconds felt nice, but I had to rip my lips away. I had a terrible feeling inside. Despite everything, I still felt like I cheated on Lucas.

We both sat back in the couch staring at the television instead of each other. We both had no clue what to say. The silence was menacing. I wanted to speak up to end the dreadful silence, but I didn't want to give the wrong impression. I didn't want him to think that I didn't enjoy the kiss or that I did enjoy the kiss. It was both. My life is so complicated.

The silence broke not because we decided to start a conversation, but because my cell phone started blasting my Taylor Swift ringtone. I looked at the caller ID to see it was Lucas. Great. There was no way in hell that I'm going to speak to him. He betrayed me and I don't think he deserves forgiveness.

"I'm guessing you're not going to answer that," Aiden said awkwardly.

I quickly declined the call instead of it reaching voicemail. I didn't want to listen to what he had to say or even have his voice on my phone.

"Never," I said fast, but with a happy tone to it.

"What happened to you two?" Aiden asked worrisomely.

"Just your brother being a complete backstabbing ass," I spoke happily.

"Brother? You know about that?" Aiden stuttered.

"Tyler told me. Though I'm surprised I didn't figure it out sooner. I mean you like identical besides your hair." I smiled.

"Did he tell you anything else?"

Aiden acted as if there was something he didn't want me to know. I figured it's what Tyler refused to tell me.

"Just that you were my original mate."

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to mention that except if I didn't then I would've been lying. I think the best thing for me to have right now is a relationship that is a hundred percent honest. I'm sick of having lies cloud my entire life.

"Oh." Aiden murmured.

The room turned silent once more and once again my phone started going off again. I really needed to silence it. This time, it is Nora calling.

"Hello?"

"Mia!!! I've been searching for you everywhere. Tyler even left the hospital to search for you!! Lucas is worried sick!" Nora yelled thru the phone.

"Nora! Calm down! I'm alright. I needed to get away...from everything. You don't need to worry."

"I have to worry! You're my best friend! Where are you?"

"I'm with Aiden," I said confidently.

I could hear Nora setting down the phone on the table while she told someone who I'm with. I didn't think it was a big deal that I was with Aiden. It's not like I'm dating Aiden. I heard a lot of shuffling around to the phone.

"Mia! Get back to the pack now!" Lucas roared.

I quickly hung the phone up on him. I'm not giving him the time of day. Why did my life have to be so messy?

"Everything okay?" Aiden asked.

"Not really, but I don't give a damn about them right now."

"I'll cheer to that!" Aiden spoke loudly.

Aiden ran out of the room and came back with two shot glasses and a bottle of Tequila.

"Didn't know you drank tequila." I laughed.

"Don't laugh! I like to go light!" Aiden replied unable to prevent himself from laughing at our remarks.

Aiden popped the lid off the bottle and filled our glasses to the top. He handed me mine spilling some on the coffee table. We raised our glasses to make a long-needed cheers.

"To not giving a damn!" We both yelled.

Aiden gulped his down all at once while I only could swallow half.

"Can't even drink it all at once." Aiden teased.

I gulped down the last bit of tequila and made him pour me another glass. I had to prove a point. This time, I was able to swallow it all down at once.

"Let's play truth or dare!" I blurted out.

"Only if I can ask you first!" Aiden replied

"Fine" I murmured.

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Someone is brave," Aiden said with a sarcastic ring.

"It's this new thing I'm trying." I smiled.

"I dare you to finish the rest of this tequila."

I picked up the bottle and began gulping down the tequila in one try. It had to be three-quarters of the way filled. By the time I finished I was gasping for breath while Aiden clapped. He didn't think I could do it.

"Truth or dare?" I asked eager to make him answer.

"Hmmm. Truth."

"Okay....um....why does Lucas hate you?"

"Wanting answers do we? Let's just say, Lucas hates humans to death. When he came to power, he raided the cities killing over a million of humans. I got in his way, preventing him from killing any more. I did this by hurting Olivia. Hurting Olivia was the only way to make him hurt. This is why I am in the town. I protect the humans. Think of it this way. I'm Switzerland and I'm preventing France meaning Lucas from attacking Germany meaning the humans. I only side with humans. Lucas will never forgive me for what I did to Olivia."

It felt like everything comes back to Olivia.

"What did you do to Olivia?"

"You only get one question!"

"That's not fair! You're leaving me hanging!"

"Too bad for you. Now I'm done with this game so it doesn't have to answer any more questions!" Aiden chuckled.

Aiden and I fell asleep on the couch watching the monitors for any wolves. I was so exhausted from my trip that it didn't take long for me to hit the snooze button.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

951K 24.3K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
324K 6.5K 59
EMMA RUBY FOREST. You know the perfect girl, with blonde hair, blue eyes, who is desired by almost every guy, also dating the future Alpha, yeah th...
1.8M 46.1K 36
My whole life has literally sucked. My mom cheated on my dad when I was 11 and then both my dad and I moved out. My name is Chloe and I'm 16 years ol...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...