Star Wars: The Chosen One ||...

Par theseinfinites

The Galactic Republic is in grave danger. Since the dramatic death of the Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, the S... Plus

AUTHOR'S NOTES
One || Dreams
Two || The New Chosen One
Three || Showdown on Coruscant
Four || A New Apprentice
Five || Anakin, Meet Kyla
Six || Training Begins
Seven || Luke and Leia
Eight || What Have I Done?
Nine || The Jedi Father
Ten || Decisions
AUTHOR'S UPDATE
Twelve || Respect The Fallen
Thirteen || Kamino
Fourteen || Darth Demetrious Rises
Fifteen || Spying
Sixteen || Hoth
Seventeen || The Cave
Eighteen || Aggressive Negotiations
Nineteen || The War Begins
Twenty || The Death Star
Twenty-One || Who Was Kyla Valero?
Twenty-Two || Hiding
Twenty-Three || The Skywalker Children
Twenty-Four || Desmond Valero
Twenty-Five || Jealous Much?
Twenty-Six || A Brother's Compassion
Twenty-Seven || When We Break
Twenty-Eight || As Dangerous As Dangerous Gets
Twenty-Nine || Lifetime In Repeat
Thirty || An Apprentice
Thirty-One || Hiding... Again
Thirty-Two || A Leap In Time
Thirty-Three || And So It Begins
Thirty-Four || Shattered Hearts
Thirty-Five || Multiple Attempts
Thirty-Six || To Destroy A Star, Save A Princess
Thirty-Seven || Beaten
Thirty-Eight || Redemption
Thirty-Nine || The End

Eleven || Jedi Business

6.5K 176 32
Par theseinfinites

Narrator's POV

Anakin Skywalker stands peacefully on the balcony of his Coruscant apartment, watching the city-based world flourish around him. It was a beautiful planet, and whether during the day or late into the night, Anakin enjoyed just simply meditating to the whirring and whizzing sounds of flybys, the one thing Coruscant residents could never escape from.

His elbows rested on the balcony as he bent himself over it to get comfortable, staring off into the day of the planet. As he leans over it, he sighs, and it's the best he's felt in awhile since his children were born and he'd gotten no sleep. They were easy to get to rest, though, but whenever Anakin were to attempt at sleeping again, images would haunt his mind. They would start simple; little torments and teases, flashing images of paining memories, and then all at once, it would hit him - Kyla Valero.

Anakin's troubled padawan seemed to occur in his mind frequently, almost as much as his dreams about his mother or Padmé used to occur. It wasn't just the mere fact that his first and only padawan was on the path to the Dark Side, it was the dreadful thought that she was just like him. At least, she is the old Anakin. The Anakin that was thriving under Palpatine's influence: a lust for power, an anger that cannot be released... vengeance, fear, pain.

Anakin desperately wanted to help her, he wanted to do anything he could, but Obi-Wan said it himself. There is nothing to be done other than to arrest her or kill her. Anakin couldn't bear the thought of Kyla's death - he could already see the fear in her eyes as she begged for another moment to live. Please, her voice in Anakin's head says, Let me live. I'm so young, I promise I can be better and learn to not be so witty...

"No!" Anakin's sudden scream of agony startles him as he leaps backward from his position leaned over the balcony and falls into a couch on the veranda. His hands feel clammy as he presses the back of it to his forehead already beaded with sweat... then he realized it. Kyla had worked her way into his mind again. I hate when she does that, Anakin thinks to himself as he stands in surprise on the balcony of his apartment.

Padmé comes rushing out from around the corner, her ringlets of dark curls hanging loosely around her glowing face. "Anakin?" she questions, running to his aid and plopping on the couch beside him. "What happened?"

"It's Kyla again," he says to his startled wife seated beside him. Padmé was completely unaware of Kyla's transition to the Dark Side, which Kyla was in the process of, and Anakin had to delicately sugar-coat everything having to do with her. He knew that when the truth got out, and Padmé found out what had really been going on with his new padawan, she would be greatly angered. More angered than anytime before. It frightened him, but he ignored it. This was Jedi business, like Obi-Wan had classified it. A senator shouldn't have to deal with padawan occurrences.

"Oh, Ani... is she all right?" Padmé doesn't sound worried any longer - nonetheless, Anakin treats it like it was nothing.

"Uh, yes, of course. She's fine. I just... worry over her sometimes, how she's the other section of my prophecy." He lets a breath go. Glad that's over.

Padmé nods. "I understand... Ani, I just got the babies down, so if you could please try not to be so loud..."

"Couldn't help it," Anakin sighs, hanging his head.

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm sorry these visions happen to you, Anakin."

She gets up, and Anakin mumbles so do I under his breath as she exits the veranda. He hated himself for lying to her, but for right now, he couldn't do anything but. If Padmé were to find out now, she would definitely speak to the Galactic Senate and they would send an order to have the padawan arrested, and Anakin didn't want that to happen - just yet.

He sits on the couch for quite awhile, watching the day continue on without him involved in it. He had nothing else to do but watch Coruscant, as he bailed on speaking to the Council regarding Kyla with Obi-Wan. He refused the offer given to him by Obi-Wan in hopes he could have a day to relax and think about the consequences of Kyla's transition. Henceforth, Obi-Wan went to visit and speak to the Council by himself, about a padawan that wasn't even his own.

Anakin's thoughts threaten to consume him yet again, but he's too worn out to let them seize control over his body. He was teaching himself to let the thoughts go, to keep himself from letting them take over. He was a Jedi, a full-on Jedi, and meditating frequently certainly helped with his confusions. His thoughts were empowering, but soon enough would he learn not to let them be.

From a distance, a Starfighter approaches the apartment, and Anakin looks up at the sound of the nearing fighter. He recognizes the reddish color to the grey Starfighter - Obi-Wan. Anakin groans, rising from the couch. Obi-Wan just wants to tell me what the Council said regarding Kyla. I don't want to hear this.

He considered telling Obi-Wan to inform him of Kyla's punishment and his own whereabouts later, perhaps tomorrow, but he knew he couldn't do such a thing. To help Kyla in any way they needed to act immediately, and Anakin couldn't keep putting everything off for his own sake.

With a few swift movements, the fighter lands near the balcony and Obi-Wan hops out, looking displeased and troubled. "Thank goodness you're out here," he heaves, approaching Anakin. "We have a lot to talk about."

Obi-Wan was always a man of a more hushed voice tone, but he was so nerve wracked that he simply couldn't keep his volume down. "Try and speak quietly," Anakin says moderately, "Padmé just put the children down for a nap."

"I apologize," breathes Obi-Wan, his voice still tense but less extensive, "and this isn't going to be brief." He walks directly past Anakin and seats himself on one of the couches, sitting orderly upright. Anakin remains standing before him, folding his arms respectively as he waits for Obi-Wan to continue.

"As you're aware of, I went to speak to the High Council at the Temple today about Kyla's situation and what should be done," Obi-Wan starts, and Anakin's stomach churns into a knot. "The Council has decided not to warn the Galactic Republic just yet. Instead, the Jedi Order has proposed that we send a group of Masters or even Knights to arrest the padawan."

Anakin's eyes widen in fear and a split second of hatred for the Order. How could they arrest my padawan? Recognizing his hateful thoughts, he focused himself - he was Jedi Master. He belonged to the High Council and had a worthy place of honor in the Temple and for the Order... he could never hate them, no matter what Palpatine led him to believe all those months ago. Everything Anakin did for Palpatine before he died was to save Padmé and his children, which he did without assistance from the Sith Lord. He was his own person, but still frustrated and confused about his padawan.

"They're going to arrest her?" Anakin asks, stepping forward to the couch Obi-Wan was seated on. His former master's bold blue eyes quickly sadden as he slowly nods to Anakin.

"They have to. Anakin, they discussed it thoroughly. We wished you could have been there, but - "

"But what? There isn't anything you can say, Obi-Wan. They can't arrest her, she's a padawan. They can try, sure they can try, but I don't feel it's worth it."

"It's highly worth it," Obi-Wan rises to Anakin's height and heaves a sigh, raising an eyebrow. "If you haven't noticed, she's becoming too dangerous - hardly too dangerous to be kept alive. You're lucky we're granting her to be able to keep her life..." he glances at his boots and shuffles them awkwardly, "in prison, that is. We'd be taking her to the Republic Judiciary Central Detention Center, of course..."

"No. I won't allow that. Kyla is my padawan and I won't allow her to be sent there for having done nothing at all!"

"You've said enough about her past, Anakin. She murdered slave owners, her own father - something has to be done. She's growing distant, as you said. She's growing... dangerous."

"Give it time, please, Obi-Wan," Anakin begs. "When did the Order plan on sending recruits to arrest her?"

"Tonight."

"Tonight? That's impossible! Who are the recruits?"

Obi-Wan clears his throat. "Master Windu, Master Klavis and, myself." He sighs and lowers himself slowly to the couch. Anakin stands before him, eyes widened in awe.

"Please tell me you did not volunteer."

"I didn't. Master Yoda said it would be wise for me to tag along in the arrest."

Anakin buries his forehead in his knuckle and groans. "You can't arrest her, Obi-Wan."

"If I do remember so vividly, you came to me just yesterday begging for the Council to do something. You were worried, Anakin, and this is the best decision. She won't be in the Center all her life. You should be thanking us for taking your wishes into consideration. She is too dangerous."

"But I'm not even sure if she truly has swayed to the Dark Side," Anakin persists, "I was supposed to be meeting with her tomorrow, but I guess now... we can't." Anakin turns his body to face the balcony again, to face Coruscant. The slowly fading light of day reminded him bitterly of how much time Kyla had before she would be arrested. Unless, it was only an attempt...

Obi-Wan remains silent.

"You're right," sighs Anakin after an uncomfortable silence, still staring off into Coruscant, "too dangerous. Too... risky. Aren't you afraid you'll be killed?" His voice burns from the words he surprisingly has said. He could never imagine his former master being killed in an arrest attempt on his current padawan...

Obi-Wan chuckles from behind him. "Of course not," he remarks, "well, actually, I'm not sure. It's not the Jedi way, to be fearful. I haven't ever seen her in action, or anything like it, so I'm not aware of what I'm up against."

"You, Master Windu, and Master Klavis are all up against something you should very well be afraid of," Anakin states matter-of-factly, refusing to turn back to Obi-Wan.

"Then come with us," Obi-Wan pledges. "We could use you as a recruit. After all, you know Kyla better than the three of us."

"Are you asking me, to go against my own padawan?" Anakin says sluggishly, whirling around and facing Obi-Wan yet again. "I could never do that. She's my padawan, we have a bond."

"Fine, then. Don't accompany us. It might be better for you not to, anyways." He sighs and puts a hand on Anakin's shoulder. Anakin winces, but doesn't pry Obi-Wan's hand off and instead lets it sit there. "I'm sorry this happened, Anakin. She was a good padawan, I'm sure. We always sensed something strong in her, but we never could've imagined it would be used for the Dark Side."

Anakin says nothing. He doesn't even glance at Obi-Wan.

"Tell Padmé and your children I said hello. If we cross paths tonight again, I expect it to be at the Coruscant Heights Apartments, where Kyla just received a room. Supposedly, that is where we'll be confronting her tonight." Gently, Obi-Wan releases his hand from Anakin's shoulder and walks away to his Starfighter, his boots clanking against the veranda floor until he climbs in his fighter and speeds off to the Apartment complex to arrest Kyla.

Secretly, Anakin hoped the Jedi Order's plan of arrest would backfire, but deep down he knew that was highly unlikely. Kyla might have been powerful, but she was immature and still confused with what she could do. If it did end in a raging battle between the three Jedi and the slow-transforming female Sith, she would have no clue what to do - and would clearly get herself killed.

Anakin couldn't stand the thought of any outcome of that situation. He couldn't think of losing Obi-Wan, Master Windu or even that new recruit who was just given a seat, Master Klavis. But most of all, he couldn't withstand the thought of Kyla being slaughtered, or even ambushed and arrested. She is so young, how could she survive in that Center? Anakin's thoughts consume him once again, but he refuses to let them take utter control.

Maybe arresting Kyla would be better for the Republic. It would decrease their chances of being overthrown by a long shot, and surely would protect the Jedi Order from harm. However, one thing kept getting in the way of Anakin's positive thoughts: her biggest power was the Mind Trick, as she could easily break into anyone's mind and see for herself their thoughts. She could transform thoughts, disfigure someone's alter ego, contort words someone speaks. She was powerful in any realm, but especially that one. She was manipulative. Far, far too manipulative.

Something told Anakin the arrest was not going to go well.

- Two hours later -

Seize her!

She's too quick!

Move to the left side!

I can't grab her! Obi-Wan, block her!

Master Klavis - NO!

Anakin cradles his son Luke close to his chest, feeling his slow, delicate breaths against his own. The boy's eyes rest peacefully closed as Anakin watches the baby, making himself a promise in his head. I won't ever let anything happen to you, my son. Anakin eyes sadden as he continues to hear voices from the arrest attempt at Kyla's apartment. Gently, he places his son back in the cradle and watches him for a moment before turning and leaving.

He turns, but Padmé stands in the doorway, leaning against the frame. "You're so good with them, Ani," she says with a smile, and he faintly smiles back.

"Well so are you," he says, "After all, you're their mother."

Padmé giggles and asks Anakin if both children are asleep. At his response she no longer has a need to go in the children's room, so her and Anakin walk back to the veranda together. "Ani, you look troubled," she says at last. "You've been looking troubled all night. In fact, you're hardly ever not troubled anymore. What's on your mind?"

He turns to her and tries to assure her it's all right by pulling her close and smiling at her gently. "It's nothing," he says in a whisper, "I promise, nothing for you to be worried about."

While Padmé is pressed to Anakin's bare chest, she can't resist what he's saying, so she slightly nods. "All right. Just please tell me if there ever is anything."

She leans back to look at him, still in his arms. "Please."

"I will," he says again, "I will tell you."

Anakin - We need Anakin!

We can't do this on our own!

Obi-Wan, do something!

I'm trying, together we are not... physically... strong enough...

Anakin!

Anakin glances down at Padmé and sighs. "Padmé, I have to go. I know - I know I told you I didn't have any business tonight," he says hurriedly, "but something just came up, at the, uh, Temple. I have to go, I'm sorry, my love." This wasn't the first time Anakin had to leave randomly, so Padmé understood.

She stares into his eyes and lets a breath go. "Okay. Jedi business, I suppose."

"Exactly." He leaves a kiss on her lips and departs from her, practically jogging off the veranda to grab his tunic, cloak, belt and boots before hurrying to his Starfighter and speeding off into the illuminated night of Coruscant.

Now, where is that apartment complex Obi-Wan was talking about... Even Anakin's thoughts were thought in a tense, rushed tone. He was nervous, panicking, sweating - what if something happened to Obi-Wan? His thoughts were all mixed up, he couldn't hear them anymore.

But right now, he couldn't think of Kyla. She was obviously hurting them, hurting Obi-Wan. She could've killed him...

No. Anakin's thoughts directly interrupt. She isn't strong enough. She can't kill three Jedi Masters all on her own, can she?

Speeding faster than nearly any other fighter in the paths of Coruscant, he located the complex and landed the speeder quicker than he'd ever landed before. Without even bothering to completely shut it off, he jumps out, lightsaber in hand, and darts into the building.

At first glance, everyone in the main lobby recognizes he is a Jedi, and they let him be. Jedi business, go back to your drinks.

Anakin's forehead was throbbing, pounding in his ears as he rushed to the elevator, throwing himself in. Go go go go go, come on, go! He ignites the saber, the blue blade of hot light, waiting anxiously to get up to the correct floor. His thoughts were leading him in the right direction. The closer he got, the louder the voices grew.

He reached the right floor and leaped out, using his booted foot to kick down any door on either side. None of them revealed the Jedi he was looking for.

Anakin found the end of the hallway, the voices in his head growing extremely loud and hurtful. They're in here. Without a moment's hesitation, he slams the door down - and his entire heart drops at the sight wielded before him.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.5K 56 30
In one universe, the Clone Wars happen later, long after Anakin and Padme have married in secret, after their twin children, Luke and Leia, have been...
184K 2.4K 15
A Jedi shall not know love. It was the code taught to you. But what happens when Anakin Skywalker comes back into your life and you are put under his...
55.8K 947 12
Y/n left the Jedi Order at 19 to be with her family in Alderaan in hopes of a somewhat normal life, not wanting to be involved with the Clone Wars an...
5.9K 134 13
Twenty years after the events that ended the clone wars Anakin and (y/n) Skywalker are lost in hiding while the galaxy struggles against the rule of...