Adopted By Malum

By Allena5SOS

"So.. I was adopted by a guitarist and a bassist in a band?" "Pretty much." "Cool." More

Adopted by Malum
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Twenty-One

4.1K 213 218
By Allena5SOS

(Listen to this song while you read.)

Calum's point of view

"No!" I yelled and slammed my hands against my thighs. "No! Sophia, baby please wake up. You're okay. You-You'll be okay." I cried and then doctors rushed in, pushing us three out and then slamming the door.

"Calum calm dow-"

"Don't tell me to calm down when the best thing that's ever happened to me is lying in a hospital bed with a flat lined heart moniter." I snapped at Michael. "Don't tell me to fucking calm down Michael." After that, I collapsed on to my knees again and cried into my hands.

"It-It what?" I heard Makenna's tiny voice. "No, it didn't. You're lying." She said and I shook my head.

"I wish." I said bitterly through my tears. I looked up and looked at the blonde who already had tears falling down her cheeks.

"It's going to be oka-"

"It's not." I cried as I looked down. "Nothing will be okay. The person who gave me the courage to stop smoking and made me incredibly happy is now gone."

"You talk about her as if she's your girlfriend."

"I talk about her as if she's my own daughter," I said to Charlotte. She didn't say it offensively. She just stated it. "And love her as if she's my own daughter aswell."

"But she's gone." I said and I closed my eyes. "I didn't even get to say goodbye or tell her I love her." I said and cried some more.

"She was so young and-and had so much ahead of her." I mumbled and looked up. "Why? Why would you take her from us?" I asked and then let out a sob as I looked down again.

I felt arms around me and I was going to push them off, but I didn't have the strength too. "She can't be gone." I choked out. "She-She can't be." I said and whoever was holding me rubbed my back.

"They haven't even properly announced it Cal-"

"Mr. Hood, Mr. Clifford, I'm terribly sorry for your loss." I heard the doctor say. "We tried everything we could but it just wasn't enough." He said and I pulled away from who I now saw was Luke as more tears fell.

"Can I-Can I see her one last time?" I asked and he nodded. I stood up quickly and then ran to the room, despite him telling me to walk and be careful.

I bursted into her room and then immediately took her side by the bed. I grabbed her hand again and then wiped my eyes with my other one.

"I'm sorry darling." I said and then ran my thumb over her knuckles. "You shouldn't be here. You had so much life to live and so much potential to do something great. I love you so much and I just want you to know that." I said as new tears filled my eyes.

She can't be gone.

"I love you so much, you have no idea." I said again, choking a bit on my words. "You've helped me so much and I just wish I could have helped you too." I said, unaware all the others were just out the door and could hear all of this.

She's still here. The moniter is broken.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to this band. You may not know it but you helped us better ourselves." I said and stared at her unmoving body. "I guess...I guess god gained another angel." I said and smiled softly.

Please, we need you.

"Raise hell." I said and then chuckled to myself. "I just contradicted myself, oh well. Wherever you are, whether heaven or whatever else exists, raise hell." I said and hummed as I wiped my eyes again.

You can't be gone.

"I'm gonna miss you so much. You're my world you know? You're so important to me even though it hasn't been that long. You made me happy and because of you, I'm trying to quit smoking. It's slowly killing me, I know it is." I said quietly and sighed. "I promise I'll stop, just for you."

You're okay, you'll be okay.

Suddenly, there was a beep and hope bubbled in my chest. I looked up and then the beep sounded again. The door opened and I jumped up. "Oh my god," I said and looked at them. "Did you hear that guys?"

"That was my phone." Luke muttered and literally everything came crashing down on me. My hopes fell and my mood dropped drastically. It was a whole new wave of disappointment

"Oh."

I sat back down and looked at Sophia one more time. "I just wish she could have talked to me and told me so I could have helped her. I would have. I would have stayed up all night to talk to her and help her." I said as a lump formed in the back of my throat.

"Calum, please, calm down." Michael said but I ripped my shoulder from his grasp. "Calum, please."

"No. Don't opuch me and don't tell me what to do you self-centered, inconsiderate, asshole." I snapped at him and he pulled his hand back and then stuffed it in his pocket.

It was quiet again. It was a tense and gloomy silence. We were all upset and I was pissed at Michael.

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia," I heard Makenna sing quietly. "And forget about the stupid little things."

"Like-Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you," I added in, tears falling as I buried my face in my hands. This song is now dedicated to Sophia. I'll make sure to announce it at our next concert and interview.

"And the memories I never can es-escape." Michael mumbled, his voice cracking as he shook his head. Wow, he had a heart. Who would have knew?

"If today I woke up with you right beside me," I sang quietly, looking at her. "Like all of this was just some twisted dream."

"I'd hold you closer than I ever did be-before." Makenna added and I looked at her. "And you'd never s-slip aw-way."

It was silent after that line. No one talked. We were all crying silently, and then all of a sudden:

Beep

"Turn your fucking phone off Luke. I can't-I can't handle that damn sound." I said to the blonde and he looked at me.

"That wasn't my phone."

Beep Beep

"Ashton, turn off your phone." I said and he told me it was off. "I can't get this false hope. I can't-I can't have it shatter again." I told him, my voice cracking.

Beep Beep Beep

"Whoever's phone that is, turn it off because I can't do this. Stop messing with me." I said and covered my ears.

Stop. Please turn off your damn phones. I can't stand this... Am I imagining it? Am I going crazy?

"Calum, none of our phones are doing that." Michael told me after he pried a hand away from my ear.

Oh my god I'm going crazy.

Beep Beep Beep Beep

"Her heart moniter!" Ashton excaimed and it snapped my head up. "Call a doctor. Oh my god, call a doctor someone." He said and Charlotte was the one who exited the room and went to go get one.

Oh my god

Oh my god

Oh my god

Oh my fucking god

"She's okay. She's okay. She's going to be okay." I mumbled to myself as the beeping continued. "She's alive. Her heart is beating. Oh my god."

Suddenly, an idea popped into my head. I grabbed Sophia's wrist and pressed my fingers against it. This is what I learned in health class back when I was actually in school. Guess what? There was an pulse.

There was a fucking pulse.

"Oh my god." I cried and hugged the closest person to me, which was Michael. "She-She's alive. Her heart, it's beating." I said and he hugged me back.

"I know, I can see." He said. Not the fucking time for sass you dickweed. "The moniter is beeping and her chest is rising and falling."

"You're staring at her chest? Dude, not cool." Makenna said and I chuckled. She was so jealous, it was cute. I won't lie, I was about to do that aswell.

Not cool Michael.

"I stare at my dad's chest to make sure he's breathing. Sometimes I do that with my mum! I dropped out of school and hated school. I didn't learn how to check for pulses or tell how someone is alive." Michael said. "If their chest is rising and falling, then they're breathing and are alive."

"Creepy."

I looked at the door and a doctor walked in, shocked as he heard the beeping. "It's a miracle." The doctor said and wrote something down on a clipboard.

"When-When do you think she'll wake up?"

"We estimated the original time to be about a day, but now, maybe a little bit more." He told us and we nodded. He walked out and then Ashton looked at me.

"Isn't your sister coming like tomorrow?" He asked and I nodded. "Hopefully Sophia is up by then. I'm sure Mali would love to meet her." He told me and I nodded again as I looked up.

Thank you god.

I looked at Sophia and a smile made its way on to my face. I can't believe it. She's going to be okay. She's going to live. She's going to wake.

Suddenly, loud bangs were heard and I looked and then as screams erupted. "Just fucking great." Luke said and ran a hand through his hair. "Right when a miracle happens for us."

I pulled away from Michael and then looked for somewhere to hide. You know what? Fuck it. I'd I get shot, cool. If I don't, fantastic.

I don't even care right now.

The door slammed open and a guy with a gun pointed it at me. I reached in my pocket and threw my wallet at him. There was only like a hundred dollars in there anyways.

He picked it up, took the money, and then tossed it on the floor again. He walked in and then pushed me aside. What the fuck?

He looked at Sophia and then I widened my eyes as I saw he was going to pull the trigger. I panicked and then pushed him, causing him to turn towards me.

A bang filled the room and then a searing pain shot up my arm. Okay, I take that back. Getting shot it not cool. It fucking hurts and I want to scream bloody murder right now.

"Calum!" I heard Makenna scream and I looked at her as Ashton and Charlotte held her back. "Don't hurt him!"

I looked at the guy in a ski mask and glared at him. "You can take my money, but you cannot shoot my daughter." I said and bit my lip as I elbowed him in the face.

He held his nose and I yelled as my arm began to hurt badly. I grabbed the hand that held the gun and he grabbed my arm that was wounded. He pressed his thumb into my wound and I just held him tighter in pain.

"It takes two to tango, but in the end, only one is being dipped down."

He looked confused and despite the pain in my arm, I dipped him down, banging his head against the metal base of the bed quite roughly. The gun went off again, but this time it went through the wall rather than inside of someone.

Thankfully.

I took the gun from his hand and then smashed the butt of it against his head again. "And he's out cold." I said and then I held my arm. "Fuck, I need to ge-oh, I'm in a hospital." I giggled and then Michael came out from hiding.

"Come here Calum." He said and took his flannel shirt off. "I think there are more guys but I'm not sure. Just... stay quiet and we'll work with what we've got." He told me in a croaky voice and wrapped the shirt around my arm.

"Oh my god Calum are you okay? Oh my god." Luke rambled as he grabbed my wrist. "Please tell me you're okay."

"I'm fine," I said but my voice was strained. "I'll be fine Luke. It's just a small bullet hole." I said even though it felt like hell.

"He wanted to shoot Sophia." Makenna said sadly. "I saw him. But-But Calum stopped him from doing it. Thank you Calum." She said and rushed up to me to hug md.

"I know that piece of shit wanted to hurt my baby," I said and kicked the unknown man in the balls as I rubbed her back. "I hope that hurts when you wake up you fuckinh dickweed."

"You're around Sophia too much." Makenna told me and I chuckled. "Are you okay?" She asked me.

"Besides for the fact my daughter died for a few minutes, I got shot in the arm, and I fell in love with a dickweed... I think I'm doing pretty fine." I said. "No, fuck, it hurts." I said right after as I held my arm in pain. "I'm not fine. This is killing me." I gasped as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"We need to wait until a doctor comes and tells us everything is all clear." Ashton said and then door burst open. I was about to run to the door, but when I realized it was a police officer, I stopped.

"He's on the floor. He tried shooting my little girl but I wasn't having any of that." I told them and they picked up the body. They told us the gunmen have been caught and then one asked to take me out for questioning.

"Sure, but can we do it after my arm it's properly treated?" He nodded and a doctor came to take me to another hospital room.

I am fucking sick and tired of hospitals now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 16 43
-you saved my life, it's the least I can do. what is your name?- -I don't have a name...- 2018
842K 25.4K 61
A song brings two strangers together.
245K 8K 49
"So... You're telling me that this all was a dare? On top of that, you only kept me here longer because it brought your band more publicity and nice...
964K 26.2K 65
Madison Greene, a soon to be 14 year old girl gets adopted by a band she didn't even know existed. They don't exactly get off on the right foot. 5 Se...