Thunder {Louis Tomlinson AU}

By LoganEPoole

You know the story of Athena and Louis Tomlinson. Although it wasn't the perfect fairytale, they ended up liv... More

Before You Read
Summary
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
there is now a trailer & quick question
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
Hello.
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
{CLOSED}10k Character Ask!
twenty-one
character ask answers
twenty-two
#Wattys2015
twenty-three
twenty-four
one shot book & other news
twenty-five
i'm bored..
twenty-seven
quick update
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
QUICK
thirty-one
epilogue
final note.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCMENTS
New Beginnings

twenty-six

1.6K 87 23
By LoganEPoole

IMPORTANT NOTE AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER, PLEASE READ AND PARTICIPATE!

OKAY, ENJOY.

_______________________________

-Louis-

"How are we to get inside the building of Zayn has sentinels blocking the doors?" I asked, peeking out from behind the flipped car, looking at the metal machines. There had to be a way to sneak in undetected, but how?

"All entrances into the building are being guarded." Harry announced. "They are all controlled by one master switch and that is located inside the building."

Josie crouched down beside me, looking at her parents and myself with a determined expression. "There has to be a way in." Josie said. "I mean, I can distract them-"Natalie and Logan both shook their heads, Josie giving her parents a questioning glance. "What?"

"Nat, do you think you could sneak past them and shut off the master control?" Logan asked, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You're the only one with the invisibility." My mother-in-law looked at Logan for a moment, glancing between the building and him repeatedly, before she nodded in agreement. She placed her palm on the side of his face and gave him a smile, before she vanished.

We all stood behind the flipped car, poking our heads up ever few minutes to see if Natalie had succeeded and gained entrance. It was nerve wrecking knowing that my mother-in-law was on her own. Athena would kill me if anything happened to her.

I nervously fiddled with my wedding band, my mind slowly trying to process a plan. There had to be a way to maneuver ourselves through the building without drawing attention. Once Natalie shuts down all the sentinels, we need to get up to Athena quietly, but knowing the group I'm with, someone will screw everything up.

"Louis," I heard, looking beside me to find Liam. "I honestly and truthfully don't know what's going to happen in there."

Normally, it was Liam telling me that everything was going to be fine. But the roles reversed, making Liam the one doubting everything. "It's going to be fine, mate."

"If something does end up happening in there-"

"Nothing will happen."

"-I want you to know the gender of the baby."

"How do you know the gender? It's too early to know." I replied, looking at him weirdly. Athena was only three months along, how could Liam even know the gender?

"Well, I-"

"Guys! We have a ninety second window before Zayn's tech guy notices the sentinels are down!" Logan announced, before quickly heading into the Empire State Building. I looked at Liam, Josie, and Harry, my mind trying to comprehend what exactly just happened. I peeked my head out from behind the flipped, noticing all the sentinels were shut down and falling over. "Get your asses over here now!"

"Better listen to dad, Louis." Josie warned, before jumping over the car and running towards the building. Liam and Harry stared at each other, following Josie into the building. "Louis!"

"I am coming!" I snapped, my feet carrying me into the building and beside Josie, my arms crossed against my chest. "Jesus, both your and yourself are impatient. I was coming-"

Josie glared at me, her eyes shooting daggers. I rolled my eyes and looked at Harry, waiting for him to tell us how to proceed, in hopes to not screw anything up. "Styles," Logan said through gritted teeth, making Harry mumble something under his breath and roll his eyes.

"There are a hundred and two floors to the Empire State Building. We are currently in the main lobby. Zayn and Athena are most likely located on the observation deck." Harry explained. I looked around the area, examining my options. "There are eighty-six flights of stairs and seventy-three elevators-"

"Thank you so f***ing much, Google! I wanted to know useless information about this goddamn building. Thank you." Logan hissed, Natalie placing a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "Google, search for good ways to kill someone slowly and rescue my daughter at the same time!"

"Dad, will you calm the hell down and stop being a goddamn asshole all the time?!" Josie snapped, tugging on handfuls of her hair in aggravation. "Athena and I never do anything right. Everything annoys you. You complain about every little detail and it pisses me off! We are trying to find Athena! We are trying to save mankind and the world! You're being a dick to Harry and he's doing his job!"

"Who gave you the right to talk to me like that?! I am your father and I deserve respect!"

"Respect is earned and you haven't earned it." Josie replied, getting into Logan's face. "You lost my respect a while ago. You've screwed me over more times than I can count on my hands."

"Josephine, stop." Natalie warned, grabbing her daughter's hands and pulling her back. She stepped in the middle of the two, one of her hands on Logan's chest, whilst the other was towards Josie. "Both of you need to stop with the arguing. This isn't the time nor the place to lash out on each other."

"She attacked me, Nat." Logan snapped. "I will lash out if I-"

"James, you are the oldest of everyone here right now. You need to start acting like it." Josie crossed her arms and huffed in frustration, slowly walking towards Harry and standing beside him. Natalie looked at Logan and shook her head, his face dropping a little from her disappointment. Why is there always an argument when I'm around? "Harry, what is the best and quickest way to get to the top?" Natalie asked.

Harry looked around the lobby once more, tapping a finger against his chin. I played with my wedding band, my eyes fixated on a door that led to the stairs. "There are 1,576 stairs. The quickest way would be the elevators, but we'd be noticed before we even hit the twentieth floor."

"I'm surprised the yelling didn't give us away." I said in a monotone voice. Harry rolled his eyes at me, telling me my comments are annoying him.

"If we take the stairs, it'll-"

A female scream erupted throughout the building, the group looking all around to find the source of the scream. 'Please, don't be Athena. Please, don't be Athena' was all I kept chanting in my head, as a silence swept throughout the building. "Louis-" Josie spoke, as I threw my hand up and told her to be quiet. "Louis, that's-"

Another scream erupted, my body shaking and my heart shattering. Athena was at the top of the building, screaming at the top of her lungs in pain, and I was in the main lobby. She needed me.

At the flip of a switch, I clenched my fist together at my sides and stood up straight, my eyes fixated on my feet. I walked towards the door that led to a flight of stairs, the group following behind me quickly.

Because as long as I'm still alive and breathing, Zayn will regret ever laying a finger on my family.
________________________________

And the battle will begin NEXT.

WHAT DID YOU LIKE ABOUT THE CHAPTER

First: I have the epilogue planned. I have the FOUR (yes, you read that properly) new cast members selected and named and ready to roll (haha) and the only one who knows their names and the actors playing them is Leighxxxx HA. IT'LL BE GOOD I PROMISE. (What do you think the gender of the baby is?)

Secondly: I made an Instagram that will be used to show sneak peeks of future updates, edits y'all make (If people actually made them, lol) and other random things. Follow it for a good time -> loganpoolewattpad

(My personal is loganepoole )

I FOLLOW BACK SOOO

Thirdly: since thunder is coming to an end in a handful of chapters, I wanna do one final Q & A. You can ask me questions about Bolt and about Thunder, as well. I know there are a few questions that need answered, so if asked, I will answer. I dunno if y'all want it as a video, or a chapter at the very, very end of the book, but I'll do it. So comment as many questions as you want and I'll answer them. I promise.

SEND ME SONGS FOR THE THUNDER PLAYLIST AND LEAVE PREDICTIONS ON WHATS TO HAPPEN IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.

I love you all very much and I can't explain how happy y'all make me.

Logan, xx

(To anyone who is confused as to why Natalie calls Logan 'James': That is his real name. His name is James Howlett, but goes by Logan)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 46 18
Is it unreal to think that superheroes exist? In the comic world, all you see is Superman and the wonder woman stories of how they became who they ar...
32.9K 1K 25
It's the end of senior year and Harry and Louis's relationship is at an all time high. High school is over and they are already planned to move to Lo...
134K 3.6K 41
Louis and Harry got together around their second year as a band. They fought against management to try and be out, but since the band had gone on the...
2.6K 44 47
"I am, and always will be about you." Harry and Louis used to be childhood best finds. Until they had to leave each other. But true lovers always fin...