Naomi [Wattys 2017]

Od HusseinaJafiya

*COMPLETED* Formerly known as: The Cow Bee. When Naomi was four she got vitiligo, also known as leucoderma... Více

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chaptet 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
New story alert!
Wattys 2017

Chapter 5

652 78 0
Od HusseinaJafiya

Chapter 5

"Umm Hayley, I think I'll be going." I told her.

She turned to look at me. "What? Why?"

"I took a snack before I left the house, so I'm good for now." I lied.

"You sure you're not hungry?" Hayley asked.

I nodded.

"Bye!" She hugged me. "See you on Monday and I'll call you tomorrow."

"Okay." I said.

Then we went our separate ways.

********

On the way back home in the cab, my phone buzzed. I was expecting mum or Hayley to have sent a text message but it wasn't them.

It was Facebook and it was definitely Adam.

I groaned.

'Hey' I replied.

'How did today go?' He replied immediately.

'Okay'

'Cool, what did you do?'

'School'

'How did it go?'

'Okay'

'Are you going to ask about mine?'

I rolled my eyes.

'How did yours go?' I wrote back.

'Amazing! Guess why?'

'Why?'

'Because you replied'

I groaned. Can't he see I am giving him straight answers? He should know I don't want to talk to him.

'Cool' I replied.

'Cool?'

I got home, paid the taxi driver and entered the kitchen. I open the drawer and got out a bag of lays and started eating it on the kitchen table. I took my phone to reply Adam.

'Yeah'

'Okay... So tell me more about yourself ;)'

'Why do u care?'

'Im just trying to be nice, if u hav a problem wit that then I'm out'

'Good'

'Really?'

'Really.'

'Just because I'm being nice doesn't mean u should take me for granted and I'm just trying to make friends not be your 'boyfriend'. I'm not going to unfriend you, I'm just going wait here until you're ready to be friends.'

"Whatever." I muttered.

I didn't reply him. I just left it there for the so-called-time he expects me to answer him.

I check the time to see it's 6.05 pm. I lay back on the bed and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

***********

"Naomi!" I heard my mum calling me. I groaned, why the hell is she disturbing me.

"Naomi!" Mum called me and this time it sounded louder.

"Yes mum! I'm asleep." I continued groaning because I was really having a good time sleeping then I hear my mum calling.

"Naomi!" This time my mum is in front of my room. I check the time to see it's only 7.20 pm. Basically I wasted my laziness to sleep for only an hour because of my mum!

Mum opened the door.

"Naomi! Where's David!" She asked me.

"He's definitely with one of his friends."

"He's meant to be back home before 4 o'clock and now it's 7!" My mum was curious.

"Don't worry mum, he'll be fine it's just Friday night."

"Really? I called all his friends' home number and their parent said their child is with them and David is not with them, and worst of all, Jake said that David went to look for you to go home."

"What? David would never look for me after all." I snorted.

"Well he just did and what if he's still in school."

"Come on, the house is not far from school he can take a walk."

"Do you remember Mary Banks, how she was locked up in school and got raped by one of the janitors?"

My mum could bring back horrible memories. I just stood up and quickly grabbed my car keys. I'm not going to save David because I don't want him to get raped, I'm just doing it for him to learn a lesson.

I went downstairs, wore my jacket and left the house.

*******

After few minutes of driving I got to school. The security was locking the school.

I ran out of the car and headed to meet him.

"Please wait!" I shouted.

The security turned back to look at me.

"My brother is inside and I really need to get him out!" I told him.

"There's no one inside." The security furrowed his eyebrows.

"My brother is in there, he must be locked up in a class or something."

"I said there's no one in there! I've checked."

"My brother is the snicky dumb type, he won't know you're locking the school, please can I check before you lock it."

"Madam, I said-"

"What's going on?" We heard someone asking from a distance.

I turned to see The Principal by his car. The principal was short and dark skinned man.

"Mr porter! Please I came to get my brother and the security won't let me in." I told him.

"Was he on detention or something?"

"No, my mum and I couldn't find my brother since I left school." I said. "So I'm assuming he must still be inside because he is nowhere to be found."

"Okay but we will look for him for only 20 minutes." The principal agreed.

"Thank you!"

The principal walked to where we were and the security man opened the school and we went straight to the principal's office.

The principal turned on his speaker and spoke on the microphone which is connected to all the speakers in school.

"Attention please! Is David Brown in the building.. If so come over to the principal's office." The principal spoke on the microphone.

He repeated himself again.

"We will wait twenty minutes, if he doesn't come then he's not here." Mr Porter said.

I nodded my head it agreement. I sat there doing nothing, just waiting for my brother.

Ten minutes past and he hasn't showed up. I started to get worried for my brother at the moment.

"Times up!" The principal said as it's now twenty minutes past.

"Please could you try again, like announce it and wait for a little while." I begged.

"You see I have to go for dinner-" he said but I cut him off.

"-please!" I begged.

He looked at me and moved closer to the microphone again.

"David Brown! Come over to the principal's office now." He said.

I sigh this time. Getting more worried.

Twenty minutes passed and he hasn't showed up.

We waited a little bit longer until Mr Porter stood up.

"I can't do this anymore, let's leave now." The principal checked his watch, "it's late."

I nodded my head slowly

"Thanks for the help sir." I said as I stood up.

We left the office and then the school. I waved at the principal while entering my car.

I checked my watch to see it's 9.20 pm.

Where could my brother be? Why today of all days?

I started the car and drove off.

As I was on the way back home, I was blocked by some cars ahead of me because of the party in the street.

I got into a traffic jam. I was right beside the house opposite to where people were having a party.

I've never been to any party before, like I mean the crazy type that is being hosted by someone in my school. I go for children's party sometimes and maybe a family get together or reunion.

I love going to the children's own because they don't discriminate like the teenagers and adult. Like when they see me, they ask what is on my skin, I tell them it's a costume and they actually believe which makes me laugh. I love children, at least they are not rude.

On remembering this, I wasn't watching my way and I almost hit a boy in front of me.

"Sorry!" I looked out.

"Watch out you punk!" He shouts at me and starts laughing. He must be drunk.

The guy still stands in front of my car which makes me scared.

He turned and he looked so familiar. He had black spiky hair, a well curved cheek bone and his body structure.....

It was Adam!

I wanted to tell him hi but I just remembered that I wasn't in good terms with him. I tried to check my phone to send him a message that I'm in front of him, and see if he removes his phone from his pocket but I just remembered that I didn't bring my phone.

Stupid me.

There's no way I can tell him hi because: 1. He's drunk and 2. He doesn't know how I look.

I pressed my horn for him to leave but all of a sudden two boys came over and dragged him away as he was pushing them away.

I looked at the boys and when one of them turned to me, i mouthed "Thank you." to him and he nods his head.

I drove off and finally went home.

As I entered the house, i walked to the kitchen making sure mum is there and telling her I didn't see David until all of a sudden I see David sitting by the kitchen table.

"Hello Mimi." He grinned.

___________________
END OF CHAPTER 5

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

408K 10.5K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
8.3K 664 35
David has a huge, life-ruining, crush on Alyssa Harvard (who is only about one billion times out of his league). As if that wasn't enough of a proble...
4.4K 201 36
Hunter and Amelia are childhood friends. However, Amelia's feelings for Hunter aren't much of a secret. Hunter goes from girl to girl because of his...
2.6M 74.9K 87
Bailey Willow's been through things that no seventeen year old should go through. But she doesn't care as long as when she turns eighteen, she gets t...