If I Fall (GirlXGirl)

By LBrooks23

***GirlXGirl Romance*** Living in New York you learn to keep up with the quick pace of the city, myself inclu... More

Chp. 1
Chp. 2
Chp. 3
Chp. 4
Chp. 5
Chp. 6
Chp. 7
Chp. 8
Chp. 9
Chp. 10
Chp. 11
Chp. 12
Chp. 13
Chp. 14
Chp. 15
Chp. 16
Chp. 17
Chp. 18
Chp. 19
Chp. 20
Chp. 21
Chp. 22
Chp. 23
Chp. 24
Chp. 25
Chp. 26
Chp. 27
Chp. 28
Chp. 29
Chp. 30
Chp. 31
Chp. 33
Chp. 34
Chp. 35
Chp. 36
Chp. 37
Chp. 38
Chp. 39
Chp. 40
Chp. 41
Chp. 42
Chp. 43

Chp. 32

202K 5.8K 2.9K
By LBrooks23

After Valentine's Day the only thing that had managed to occupy my mind was the amazing night I had with Drew. I had replayed it about a million times within this past week, and that next Monday I had told Maria everything. She had been beyond excited, almost more excited than me, but I could tell she was happy for us. I hadn't felt this good in a long time, but our first time had been absolutely worth the wait and I wouldn't change a thing.

The more I analyzed the fact that Drew had given herself to me in the most intimate way the more I realized how important it had been. She had to have trusted me completely, and I pinned it on the fact that we had talked immensely that same night. I had said something, showed her something important for that to happen. Drew had evolved and grown so much in the past five months that she was basically a different person, but it was a fantastic transformation. I was proud of her, and I was proud to know she was mine.

I didn't know exactly what was in the future for me and Drew but I knew we had taken a huge leap and it had worked out in our favor.

I was currently wrapping up at the dance studio with the teens, Maria had even stayed to help, but now we were waiting for all of their parents to pick them up. I was eager to see Dew considering I hadn't seen her all day, and Maria waited patiently with me at the door.

"So, her second fight is tomorrow... How do you feel?"

"Nervous," I replied honestly, "As usual."

She glanced at me and then sighed, "I know Demarcus is going, so if you feel the need to show up then I will too. Even though I do not like the sound of that place at all."

Looking at my best friend I felt a sense of pride and admiration, just knowing that she would set foot in that place for me made me smile. I hugged her into me, "Thank you... but you don't have to. I wouldn't put anyone through that purposely."

Maria shrugged, "But having support is good for Drew right?"

Suddenly I realized my friends were also Drew's, which meant a lot to me, and I nodded in agreement. "Of course it is."

Then there were no girls left to see off and Maria and I climbed into a cab. I was the last to be dropped off, which was fine, besides the fact that the anticipation to see Drew was now at its all-time high. I missed her, and I knew deep down I had it so bad for that girl, but I honestly couldn't help it.

Finally we were in front of her apartment as I rushed out the taxi, knocking on the door eagerly. Drew must've been waiting for me because it took her no less than three seconds to open the door and pull me into her.

She spun me around and kissed my head, "Hey."

I felt myself blushing like an idiot, "Well hey to you too," then I leaned up and captured her lips with mine.

I couldn't explain it, but ever since we had taken it further there seemed to be a special bond between us. There was more comfort, if that was even possible, and more love. Everything seemed to be intensified, which was shocking in my own opinion.

She sighed, "I ordered take-out but I wanted to wait till you got here to eat."

A huge grin spread on my face, "Why are you so perfect?"

Rolling her eyes she smirked, pulling me towards the kitchen, "I'm just going to take it as a compliment."

"You're supposed too," I teased, "That's why I said it."

All she did was laugh as she grabbed us each a bottled water and we sat at her island. We talked about work and dancing but there had been something big weighing on both of our minds, but neither one of us had the guts to bring it up. Jada was important to me, Drew knew that, and even when they had met at the last recital they had never really met without any hostility. I knew Drew would have to eventually, but bringing it up had felt wrong and scary.

But I decided it was time to face that fear tonight.

"So," I started, wanting to ease into the subject as much as possible. Drew's eyes focused on me before I continued. "I think we need to talk about the elephant in the room... Jada."

Drew shifted with uneasiness, and I knew it would be hard for both of us, but this was just water under the bridge now. Jada had her career, Drew had me, everything was settled, right? I mean what reason would either of the girls have to not meet each other?

Drew picked at her noodles, "Soon?"

I shrugged, "It doesn't have to be, but I would like for all of the air to be cleared eventually..."

Drew remained silent.

I grabbed her hand, "It doesn't have to be for long... Just like, pick me up at my house one night and say hello or something. I know it's hard... trust me, but it would mean a lot to me."

Those haunting eyes snapped up to me again but she had a different look. A look of acceptance, and I watched her nod slightly, "Okay."

"You really are the best," I kissed her cheek.

She just smirked, "She isn't going to like, threaten me... you know like 'If you hurt her I swear' kinda thing, right?"

"She might, but she won't do anything."

Drew exhaled nervously, "Well, I guess we've prolonged it enough. It's time to face the music."

I laughed, "Don't worry, it's hard not to like you outside of the ring. She'll see that."

"I hope so."

~ ~ ~ ~

Drew, Demarcus, Maria and I were quiet in the car, something that was very odd considering when we were all together we were usually the loudest bunch in the room. We were nervous, and even though Drew had her headphones on to drown us out we were just too on edge to actually talk.

I was nervous for not only Drew but Maria as well, because this place was a nightmare and-a-half, and I wasn't sure how she was going to handle it. She wasn't a violent person, and she was a lot like me, so it was very likely this place would traumatize her. I could be wrong, but I just had a feeling.

Eventually we were walking through the back, the loud rock music filling my ears as I clung to Drew. Demarcus and Maria granted Drew luck and I was the only one to follow her behind the scenes. I would get a little extra time with her before I had to leave.

She sat on the bench and started taping her hands, and I sat there motionless as I watched. This place really put me in a mood that was unbreakable, and it wasn't a good mood either. It was dark and somber, a feeling I wasn't used to and really hated.

Then suddenly a taped hand was on my thigh, "Bree... you okay?"

I nodded, giving her a weak smile, "Y-Yea, just thinking... I don't want to bother you..."

She scooted closer to me on the bench, both of her hands on my thighs now, "Everything's gonna be fine. I promise. This is an easy win, just like last time."

Her eyes were giving me reassurance but they weren't taking away the bad feeling I had about tonight. Usually my gut was right, and when I felt that something bad was going to happen my instinct usually came true.

I just didn't know what could happen, but I was praying it wasn't Drew losing tonight.

"I hate this place just as much as you do, but it'll be over and we'll be heading home in thirty minutes. Tops."

I smiled at her positivity then, leaning closer to bring our lips together. I don't know why but I felt like she needed it, whether it be for good luck or something else. I held her face to me as my lips sealed off against hers, my eyes closing softly while I took in her smell and taste. The same as always, mint and shampoo. Nothing was different, and nothing that happened tonight would change that. 

When I pulled away I felt better, but the bad feeling still remained.

I decided to ask, "Do you still... you know... think about him?"

She just nodded softly, tearing her eyes away as if she was hiding the evil behind her irises. She didn't have to verbally answer me, I had gotten the hint, and I decided I would leave her alone to get her mind right for tonight.

I kissed her forehead, "I love you."

This got her attention, "I love you too."

I made my way out of the back room in a daze, attempting to find Maria and Demarcus in the crowd. I hated that Drew needed to go to her darkest place just to win, it made me realize she no longer belonged here. It was painful for her to do this, mentally and emotionally, maybe even physically, I didn't know. All I knew was that she didn't deserve this kind of torture anymore, and getting her out of this place was a top priority.

Finally a hand found my arm as I looked up at Demarcus, a soft smile on his lips. He could tell I was upset, hell I knew we all were, but this was the circumstance and we had to get through it, together.

He pulled me into the group consisting of him and Maria as she rubbed my arm, "She's okay?"

I nodded, sighing heavily, "Yea, just getting ready."

Demarcus knew what that meant and shook his head, "I'm tired of seeing this place. Especially whenever Drew has to be in the ring."

I could tell he felt guilty, but in reality he had probably helped Drew more than hurt her. He had opened a door for Drew to mentally battle her demons, he had helped her grow strong and learn to fight. He had done more for her than he realized, but at this specific moment I knew he was just as upset as I was, but it wasn't his fault.

Drew had learned to push past her demons and fight them off, and she no longer needed this place to do that for her. It was time to move on.

Finally the announcer came over the speakers, the crowd cheering while my skin crawled in disgust. I felt Dee pull me and Maria over to the ring as I felt my heart pounding against my chest. I prayed silently this went well, and even though Drew was positive in her ability I still had that gut feeling.

 I opened my eyes to see an unfamiliar girl running around the ring, jumping up and down while she swung her arms to stretch. It reminded me all too much of my sister, but when Drew ran out onto the ring my heart beat sped up even more. I was going to pass out, or at least that's what it felt like.

I felt Maria's arm around my waist, pulling me closer to her as she most likely noticed how tense I was. She was concerned too, just like the rest of us, but she was here for support so support she would.

I heard her voice, "Drew's gonna be fine. That girl stands like, no chance."

I exhaled a little, watching both of them prepare. I always regretted coming here, but this was part of Drew, at least for the time being. If I was going to love her I was going to accept all sides of her, including this one, no matter how much I hated it. I had to be strong, for her and myself, and sticking by her side through this shitty fight was going to prove that to her.

Then the bell rang, signaling the start of the fight.

My heart plummeted when they started dancing around the ring, I could hear the crowd yelling Drew's name consistently, coaching from the side lines. The sound of distant rock music was keeping me tied to reality, and it wasn't till Drew moved in that I snapped back fully.

Her opponent jabbed but Drew blocked, swiftly bobbing away from her fist. I watched Drew's eyes focus on her target, recognizing the look of menace that had scared me the first time I had seen it. I knew what she was thinking, seeing, feeling... and it pained me to know she was in an extremely dark place right now.

But her controlling it was magnificent.

Eventually Drew found the right time to move in and attack, continuously bobbing and weaving to confuse the other girl accompanying her in the ring. Drew was skilled, that was obvious, but she was smart too. She was patient, controlled, and when she saw an opportunity she took it without hesitation.

I had to applaud her for that.

She swung, barely missing as the other girl read her motions last minute. I could tell they were both on edge now, but it was a mind game of who could outlast the other. You had to keep your cool, never lose focus, and that's where a strong mental came in handy. Drew was mentally the strongest person I had ever met.

Her opponent jabbed again, this time grazing Drew's jaw and leaving herself wide open. Drew took this chance and mocked her movements, hitting the girl right under the eye and then her lower jaw. It wasn't powerful enough to knock her out, but it was strong enough to weaken her.

But her opponent had surprises, and when Drew's guard was down for just a split second she charged, sending her and Drew to the floor. Although Drew was slightly bigger her opponent was just as strong, and watching her and Drew wrestle was exhausting. It scared me, because last time something like this happened Drew had gotten seriously hurt.

Then whenever I thought all was lost the bell rang, signaling the end of round one.

Me and my two friends seemed to all exhale, like we had been holding our breath the entire time. It was hard to watch this, and I could feel Maria tense just like I was beside me.

Drew never pulled her eyes off her opponent, which was scary, but I decided not to over analyzed it. She needed to focus, I needed her to focus, and she needed to win. So whatever she needed to do I wouldn't question it, no matter how bad it scared me.

Then they were back at it, starting over as they both eyed each other while dancing around the ring. I wanted to scream, and I wasn't sure why, but the tension and anticipation was literally eating me alive. The nerves were of course getting the best of me, and if Drew didn't end this fight soon I was convinced I would go crazy.

 But it didn't take long for her opponent to finally lose her head, charging at Drew and making the worst mistake possible. She left herself wide open, allowing Drew to dodge and send a mean looking uppercut into the girls chin. I heard the crack of her knuckles, and as if everything was in slow motion the other girl fell to the ground, limp.

I watched the crowd react like they always did, but looking at Drew was more scary than that. She was so lost in her mind that I was sure she had no idea where she was anymore. She didn't have a trace of sympathy for the girl she had just knocked out, and even though I had seen it before I didn't know what Maria thought about it.

Demarcus grabbed my shoulder, "We're going get the car, meet us out the back, okay?"

All I could do was nod as I tried to make my way through the crowd and towards Drew. I was scared to face her whenever she was like this, I never had before, so I didn't know what to expect at all.

 I found her in the back room I had left her in, she was slowly unwrapping her wrist as her back faced me. I actually found myself scared to approach her, which broke my heart a little, but I knew I shouldn't be afraid. She wouldn't hurt me, right?

I walked slowly up to her, deciding against tapping her shoulder while I stood a few feet in the distance. I whispered, "Drew..."

She didn't budge, she didn't even look at me, "Give me a minute..."

I felt my heart wrench in response, wondering if she was afraid she would do something she would regret later. I didn't know how she controlled her thoughts, and I didn't know how hard it was for her, but being patient was the epitome of being with Drew. If she needed time I was more than willing to give it to her, no matter what. 

Finally she turned around, those light eyes still looking a bit unfamiliar. She gave me a fake smile, "I'm fine."

I walked over to her slowly, watching her stand as I nodded, "One more to go."

She nodded, not responding with words but rather with a kiss, a kiss that was a little too rough for me to wrap my head around. Her hands were torching my skin but I wasn't going to stop her. I could feel the desperation as she breathed deeply through her nose. She seemed to need this more than anything, and although I didn't understand it I wouldn't fight it either.

She pulled away, her eyes remaining closed while I studied her up close. She seemed to be okay, but I was still worried because not only had she kind of scared me but my bad feeling hadn't faded away yet.

She whispered, "Bree... I'm so tired of this place..."

I heard something tremble in Drew's voice, something that actually broke my heart because I knew she was mentally exhausted. She was battling demons the entire time she was here, something she shouldn't have to do anymore, but the last thing I needed was for her to give up so close to the end.

I grabbed her face gently, "Hey, it's okay... I know... but you're done for the night. You have one more, one, and then you're free."

She was shaking, and I didn't know if this was a normal occurrence after a fight but it actually frightened me. All she did was nod as I leaned up and kissed her again, reminding her that I was here even though she refused to open her eyes. 

I felt her hand in mine then, squeezing it as she opened her eyes, giving me a glimpse of how hurt she really was. Seeing her like this was painful but I was here, and I would be here until she no longer wanted me. Although, I had a feeling that she needed me to stay more than ever, and I would be happy to do so.

She mumbled, "Let's go."

I nodded, following her towards the exit of the back room, but before we made it out a familiar face emerged from the shadows. I felt my heart fall out of my body as the rage radiated off of Drew, a rage I hadn't felt in a few weeks since the last time Evan had showed up on the doorstep of the dance studio.

"Good fighting, sis," He voiced, and my grip on Drew's hand tightened. Out of all the times he could've showed up he picked this one, the one that was most likely the deadliest time for Drew. 

Drew didn't say anything, and I was too shocked to peel my eyes off of the dark-haired man standing in front of us. I was in another world, a world where reality didn't make sense, because right now none of this did.

He stepped closer, me instinctively pulling Drew back, "I'm glad to see you're still here, Bree."

The sarcasm was apparent, and suddenly my skin was boiling. I was pulled back into reality, and even though I wanted to throw my fist into his face I decided against it. The last thing I wanted to do was cause a scene here.

Drew growled, "Evan... why...?"

It was scary that Drew couldn't even form a coherent sentence because she was so angry. I was terrified, mostly because I didn't know how much pain Drew could take in one night. She was furious right now, more furious than she had been in the ring. This was a nightmare to her, and she wouldn't be able to wake up from it this time.

He shrugged, "Well, I was just as surprised as you. I mean, I never would've guessed in a million years that I'd find you here, of all places, but you've changed a lot."

I just watched Drew as she flexed her jaw, attempting her best to contain her anger.

"Betting against you lost me a lot of money," He stepped closer, taking on a look I didn't like one bit. He glanced at me then back at Drew, "A lot, Drew... so I'm gonna make you a deal."

I could hear my heart beat in my head.

"Either you sign that account back over to me, because it was mine initially, or you lose your next fight. I know if you lose you'll have to make it up somehow, and you'll give all your winnings to me."

Wait, what? An account? What the hell was he talking about?

Drew's eye twitched in rage, and she seemed to know exactly what he was talking about. There was something going on, something I didn't understand, but right now all I could do was make sure Drew didn't murder Evan here.

"I can't sign it over to you even if I wanted to, it's protected and I have no idea how to access it. It was given to me by my mom, Evan. And you'll drop dead before I blow my last fight for you." Drew's voice was low and angry, a tone I hadn't heard before and I understood why. It was absolutely terrifying.

I watched Evan step closer, "My dad gave it to your mom, it was mine before you and fucking Alice came along. The only choice you have is out of those two. If you don't... well, let's just say you'll regret it. Greatly."

My heart was slamming against my ribcage whenever Evan backed away from us, smirking at our obvious surprise. Drew wasn't saying a thing, either because she honestly didn't know what to say or because she didn't want to in front of me. This was something I hadn't expected, and whenever Evan's menacing voice cut through the silence I remembered that this is what my gut had been telling me.

The devil had been watching us tonight.

He nodded, "You have till your next fight to decide."

Then he was gone, and suddenly our world was spinning out of control again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

563K 19.8K 28
[GirlxGirl] Hayden was a happy girl, content with everything that she had, and everyone loved and adored her. One night her parents left to New York...
267 17 13
When the Universe gives you a wild chance at love, do you take it? *** Eloise Carter has dreamed of finding the perfect relationship since she was a...
27.6K 906 48
Unlikely sparks were ever to be imagined from two unsuspecting women, both from completely different lives and even culture and languages. One harden...
2.4K 114 7
We meet people everyday, strangers with lives and depth within their eyes. One glance can tell a million different stories. One look can say so many...