Wounded: Our Journey Home

By misshijabi3

(Book 1) Completed: February 13th 2016 Highest rank: #05 on the what's hot list 12/1/15 Tuesday Reached 100k... More

Wounded
Prologue
Wounded- Chapter One
Wounded- Chapter Two
Wounded- Chapter Four
Wounded- Chapter Five
Wounded- Chapter Six
EID MUBARAK!!! (Eid-ul-Fitr)
Wounded- Chapter Seven
Wounded- Chapter Eight
Wounded- Chapter Nine
Wounded- Chapter Ten
Wounded- Chapter Eleven
Wounded- Chapter Twelve
Wounded- Chapter Thirteen
Wounded- Chapter Fourteen
Wounded- Chapter Fifteen
Wounded- Chapter Sixteen
Wounded- Chapter Seventeen
Wounded- Chapter Eighteen
EID MUBARAK!!!(Eid-ul-Adha)
Wounded- Chapter Nineteen
Wounded- Chapter Twenty
Wounded- Chapter Twenty One
Characters
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Two
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Three
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Four
Authors note
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Five
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Six
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Seven
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Eight
Wounded- Chapter Twenty Nine
Wounded- Chapter Thirty
Wounded- Chapter Thirty One
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Two
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Three
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Four
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Five
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Six
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Seven
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Eight
Wounded- Chapter Thirty Nine
Wounded- Chapter Forty
Authors note (important...)
Wounded- Chapter Forty One
Wounded- Chapter Forty Two
Wounded- Chapter Forty Three
Wounded- Chapter Forty Four
Wounded- Chapter Forty Five
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter + Mothers day
I'm leaving... Wattpad!
Good news!
SafiyahGraphics
Sequel: Collided

Wounded- Chapter Three

11.9K 662 43
By misshijabi3

Edited

Published: July 7 2015 Tuesday 3:53 a.m

Ayah:

July 3rd

"Ayah, we're going to be late setting up!"

"One second," I yelled down to Mama while rushing to the mirror to put in the last pin. Today we're going to my first cousins wedding a couple of towns over. Hopefully it will take my mind off of...things.

When I left the Diner to come home, I tried calling Jafar three times but there wasn't any answer. Normally I and any other woman would feel like something was wrong, but the sad truth is that this is normal. Before I picked up the phone I knew there was a 90% chance that he wouldn't answer due to the busy week ahead, but a girl can hope, right?

I grabbed my purse from the counter and jogged forward to get in the car. I'm surprised I didn't fall. Even though the heels are barely off the ground, they're not really my kind of shoe. It drives my family crazy, but my favorite shoes are converse. Hey, you can't knock 'em till you try them.

"Finally," Uncle Yaman exclaimed playfully, grabbing the key to start the car.

"Are we late?" I widened my eyes and peered at the clock to see the time.

11: 43 a.m

The wedding doesn't start until four. I really should check the time more.

"We're right on time," Mama mumbled while typing away on her phone. Well more like tapping each button with one finger. I'll never understand why technology is harder for most adults then kids.

"Does anyone know the bride?" I asked aloud. They shrugged in response.

"I heard that she comes from a rich family," Aunt Suhaila said pursing her lips. "But the girl does have a reputation. I heard some horrifying things from Afifa!"

"Suhaila, you need to stop gossiping with your friends," Uncle Yaman scolded her.

As Aunt Suhaila waved him off, I sat crouched in the back trying to hide my laughter.

-*-

Jafar:

"I can't believe you did that without my consent!" Allen yelled at me and started pacing around the front room of my apartment. I spit the mouth wash I was gargling in the sink and turned to him.

"Can't this wait until I fully wake up? It's eight in the morning!"

"I wouldn't have to be here yelling if you didn't talk so much yesterday. I was close to booking you to play at the Hollywood bash before you ruined your chances. I just want to know why."

I slipped my toothbrush back in its holder and turned around to walk to the kitchen for breakfast. Starving isn't even the right word to describe how I feel.

"Jafar!"

I raised my eyebrow to my talkative manager and grabbed the ingredients I need to make an omelet. Ya Allah, that sounds so good right now.

"Allen, I haven't been home in almost a year. I don't have anything lined up for about two months, so why not?"

"Because you have to retake your photoshoot disaster."

I chuckled to myself and poured the egg batter into the pan. Like I'm agreeing to do that again.

"Nothing was wrong with the original one, Allen. I told them I wanted subtle."

He scoffed. "You looked like a freacking statue! You need something that will get people to buy your albums, not yawn."

I narrowed my eyes at him and took out some sausage and another pan for the oven. Allen definitely needs a life.

"I'm not going shirtless if that's what you mean. Just me standing in front of a white surface where they will do their creative work is enough."

Allen rolled his eyes and plopped down on my couch.

"I know what the fans want. A calm and subtle singer is not that."

"Then this generation is corrupt," I shot back, pulling out some cereal, bowl and milk. I don't even know if this is enough. I am starving!

"Well so will your image if you keep stuffing your face with food."

"Hey!"

He raised his hand in defense and shrugged. "You're the one stuffing your face like food will become extinct."

I grabbed the spatula from the bin and started to flip my omelet as I waited tor the sausage to be done. Looking around the kitchen gave me another ping to my heart. Ayah would love it. She always did love cooking. Even before we got married, our families would do dinners after Jum'aa at the park and Ayah would make Kufta curry. A lot of the reason I fell in love with her was because of her cooking.

"Okay, I have a way to fix these troubles you're having."

I stopped flipping my delicious looking omelet to raise my eyebrow at Allen.

"And that is?"

"Move her here," He says like its the easiest thing in the world. To some it may be, but this isn't what Ayah wants. She has told me time and time again how much she loves Riverside. Moving her here for my own happiness is not something I could live with.

I love her too much.

I turned back around to put my food on a plate.

"That's not an option. If it was, she would have been here by now."

"Well," Allen sighed. "Then you have to find a way to concentrate without her or atleast have her in the same City. This whole being depressed thing is just...annoying. Yeah, that's the word."

"Have you ever been in love, my friend."

Allen laughed, like crying with laughter and hitting his leg.

"Love isn't m-my thing," He said through his laughter. Believe it or not, Allen has a joking side to him. Even though he's laughing like a hyena right now, he can be wise sometimes. If it wasn't for him through college, I wouldn't know which classes not to take, professors not to piss off, and more importantly, the day I learned that Ayah was as interested in me as I was in her, he pushed me out of the way of a car.

Granted I broke my shoulder, wrist and leg, I did live. That's a bonus.

"What about that girl from college? Her name was something to do with water."

"Seeya," Allen told me rolling his eyes. "She and I haven't spoken since she got knocked up by that dumb quarterback."

"So you stereotype, too," I asked.

Looking up, I could see that he was making himself some breakfast as well. He better wash some dishes!

"I wouldn't have to if the guy didn't ask me why his hair isn't like Harry styles, whoever he is."

I laughed at that and grabbed the last peice of sausage.

"Can you cook me some more meat?"

"Do I look like your personal butler?" He asked smirking. "But since you asked nicely, no."

I rolled my eyes and got up to get the last crumb that was left. That's what happens when you both eat like animals.

I sat my plate in the sink and proceeded to make popcorn.

"You literally just ate," Allen stated the obvious while stuffing his face.

"Well you ate all my favorite sausage."

"Touché."

-*-

Ayah:

"Where is my veil, Hamida? I can't go out of that room until I have it!"

Anwara--Annie, Safeer's fiancé shouted at her bridesmaid, steam practically coming out of her ears. I don't remember being this type of bridezilla on my wedding day. I was more of an annoyingly happy bride on my wedding day. People were running away saying 'She's way too happy' and 'How is she even getting married.'

But from what all her friends and family, she's a sweet girl and that her tone is just her nervousness.

"Samira, don't eat that! I don't want my bridesmaids looking fat!"

With a scowl, Samira placed the cookie she was eating on its plate. How can a little cookie make someone fat in forty five minutes?!

"Annie, you need to chill," Her sister Kareema told her, staring nervously at Anwara. "Your veil will be here in a second. You need to sit down and take deep breaths."

"Why do I--"

"Deep breaths!" Kareema exclaimed and pointed to the chair Annie was standing on. "Either you take deep breaths, or I will find something to calm you down--something like my fist."

"Kareema!" Their mother exclaimed, staring wide eyes at both her daughters.

Reluctantly, Annie sat down and started taking deep breaths. Finally.

"Ayah habibti," Aunt Rabia-- Safeer's Ummi smiled as she hugged me. "It's been too long my sweet girl. How are you?"

As we pulled back from the hug, I gave her a small smile. "I'm doing good Aunty, you?"

She pulled me to the side of the room and let out a breath. "I am very good, MashaAllah. My son is getting married! But more importantly, how are you? I heard that Jafar is visiting for the holidays. When will he be here?"

He, uh," I smiled nervously, not knowing what I would tell her. I knew that something like this would happen, but I didn't quite know how I was going to handle it.

I never pictured myself lying to one of the most influential women in my life.

"Rabia, can you help me with a slight issue?"

Saved by my Mama.

Aunt Rabia apologized to me and walked away. No doubt Mama knew what our conversation was about. But I fear of the next person to ask me the same question.

-*-

"Asalamu Alaikum, baby cousin."

I smiled at Safeer and went to give him a hug. Safeer and I practically grew up together after my fathers passing. His father, my fathers brother acted as my father after he passed. Safeer is more of my brother than my cousin, especially considering he actually is my brother. That fact we didn't learn until later on in our lives. What made it even more interesting is that we learned we are milk siblings.

"I can't believe you're getting married," I whispered into the hug, wiping a tear from my eye.

"Don't cry," He grumbled, pulling away to glare at me. "I don't do tears, Ayah. Its not like I'm moving to Antartica."

"But you're getting married!"

"When you got married I didn't act like this," He shot back.

My smile faltered a little but I soon replaced it with a small smile, but Safeer knowing me so well frowned.

"Ayah, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"It's okay," I told him with a shaky voice. "It's just been a while since anyone mentioned my wedding. It brought back memories."

"When is he coming back so he can be better acquainted with my fist?"

I chuckled and sat down at one of the couches.

"I don't know what he's doing. He told a reporter he was coming for the Fourth, but I don't know."

"Yeah, I saw that," Safeer nodded and sat down next to me. "But didn't he at least call and tell you?"

I shook my head, "We don't speak often. But, hey, I don't want you thinking about my marriage problems. You're getting married." He rolled his eyes. "I will keep saying it until you put a ring on it, now go!"

Safeer did as I said and stood up.

"Hang in there," He told me. "InshaAllah it will get better. And if it doesn't, give me a call."

-*-

"I would like to make a toast!" The room settled down, all heads turning towards where Safeer and Annie stood at the head table.

As everyone turned to the front, Safeer grabbed the mic from the podium.

"I want to thank everyone for coming here for our wedding, May Allah bless you all. When I first saw Annie, I'm not going to lie, she was very...different. We were both in line to get some ice cream when she asked me if she could skip in front of me. Me being the jerk said no, big mistake," The crowd laughed at this. "When she got her ice cream, she bought two. I didn't understand why until I felt something cold on my neck. Yes that's right, sweet little Annie here assaulted me with a very cold, sticky delicious dessert.

"But when I knew it was meant to be was when my Abu asked me what I thought of her. The exact words I said were "You expect me to marry someone who threw ice cream at my neck?" Of course he laughed," I looked over to see Uncle Naim in fact laughing at his son. "But nonetheless, we got to know each other, and bam here we are. Ladies and gentlemen that is our story."

Everyone gave applause and got ready for the buffet.

-*-

Jafar:

"You sure you want to do this?"

I rolled my eyes and proceeded to get out of the car.

"Allen, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I didn't."

"Okay," He raised his hands in surrender and gave me a notebook. "I won't stop you, but I will have you read over your new songs."

"I write my own."

"I know, but I thought you could use some inspiration. All your songs are about Ayah."

Hesitantly, I grabbed the book and adjusted my backpack. No doubt I would forget to read what it contains.

"Be back in a couple of months. That's how long it will take for us to repair your bad boy image."

"One missed show doesn't make me a bad boy."

"Whatever," He waved off. "Do what you need to do and get back. I won't tolerate your career sinking for homesickness."

"Is this your way of saying you care about me?" I gushed making him scowl.

"Bye!"

"Good-bye to you too, Allen."

I closed the door and turned to face the airport.

I'm finally going home.

-*-

Please...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 10.6K 62
Book 1 in 'Mend Series' He screams at me, slapping my face twice, 'You deserve all of this! You don't even deserve to live. You should die and do me...
502K 30.4K 46
Highest ranking, #1 in spiritual ( 10/7/2016 ) until ( 5/ 9/ 2016 ). How can you fix something that's already been broken, several times? I a...
5.9K 320 16
❤MAGICAL LOVE STORY❤ ⛦82 for general fiction _ feb 2018 22nd for general fiction-june 2018 To love is nothing, to be loved is something, bu...
4.2K 321 9
Lamia Shah didn't have the light in her life. Being told that her father was no more and spending her childhood in pain from her abusive mother was...