Angel of Music

By LadyKnight

Juliet thought that she didn't want to love anymore. She is fine with her status as a wallflower in her schoo... More

Love is so hard to find...
Prologue
1. That destined meeting
2. Confrontations
3. Heaven
4. Countdown
5. Patience is a virtue... right??
6. Just before
7. You are pretty
8. The First Song
9. We can't be just friends anymore
10. Please wait for me
11. All I want is to hold you forever
12. Don't be afraid
13. Scared and Scarred
14. Right here
15. Winning
16. Partying

17. Waking up

178 13 5
By LadyKnight

Oh my goodness, I feel so bad that I haven't written anything for so long. I'm sorry! I've been busy with y studies, and I think it's good that I focused on them for a while because my grades this semester were far better than last sem's. Anyways, here's a new chappie! Hope you all like it!

Please vote, comment and add this to your RL :D

****

Sunlight was streaming through the window as Juliet slowly opened her eyes. Head pounding, she slowly sat up and turned her gaze from the white curtains to the room before her. The walls were the color of the blue sky, and a large mahogany closet stood just by the door. Between the closet and the window was a fairly large study desk, filled with random papers, opened books and an idle laptop with earphones still attached.

However, what took her attention the most were the stuff lying on the floor beside the desk. Pens and music sheets were scattered across the floor, a few discs located just beside a portable player.

A medium-sized amplifier was placed just by the wall with a wire connecting it to a wooden guitar that was leaning at the desk. The guitar looked a bit old but it was decorated with scribbles and messages. Unconsciously, she smiled as she took in the warmth and peace that the room seemed to offer her.

It was then that Juliet realized that she was that comfortable even when she didn’t even know of this room. Her room was definitely not like this, full of serenity, nor was her bed this fluffy. With a frown, she noticed that the bed sheets were also a shade of blue. Panicking, she turned her head to the side and her eyes fell upon a picture frame on the side table.

It was a picture of Clarence, James and Simon. They were all smiling and laughing at that picture, arms on each other’s shoulders and eyes twinkling with mischief. Juliet found herself smiling too as she stared at the picture. They looked so handsome, so carefree, that she found herself wishing that someday she’ll feel exactly as that.

The sound of children laughing reached her ears. Curious, she pushed her blanket and started to walk to the door. Looking down, Juliet realized that she was wearing a loose white summer dress with floral prints. She also noticed that her accessories and make-up were removed.

Suddenly, the door opened and Juliet turned her head to see two children came in with big smiles on their faces. They looked the spitting image of the other, except that one was a girl with long bronze hair that reached past her shoulders while the other was a boy with unruly bronze hair. They were both looking at her with mischievous eyes and teasing grins.

They seemed to be at a young age, maybe only seven or eight, as they stood in front of her still wearing their matching pajamas.

“Are you going to the same school with my brother?” the girl asked suddenly. She was looking at her with a curious expression. Before Juliet could respond, the boy spoke up as he crossed his arms across his chest.

“Are you my brother’s girlfriend?”

Suddenly speechless, Juliet felt her cheeks grow hot and knew that she was blushing like a ripe tomato at the unexpected questions. It didn’t help that the pounding on her head seemed to increase again.

“I.. ah.. I’m not—uhm, we’re not..” she stammered, looking at anything but the curious faces of the twins. She tried to think of an answer while her head was driving her crazy. What the heck did I drink last night? She thought.

“What’s going on here?” a familiar voice asked. Surprised, she looked back at the door and saw Clarence leaning by the doorframe. He was wearing an amused expression on his face. Juliet can’t help but smile as she took in his casual t-shirt and pants. His hair was wet from a shower and framed his face loosely.

“I asked her if she also goes to your school,” the girl said.

“I asked her if she was your girlfriend,” the boy said simultaneously.

Once again, Juliet felt her blood rising to her face as she stood awkwardly by the bed. Clarence let out a large laugh and squatted down to ruffle their hairs.

“Woah there, kiddos. Where did you get that idea?” he asked them, amusement clear in his voice.

“We overheard you talking with mom at the kitchen while you’re both setting breakfast.” The girl replied, pouting as she tried to push his hand away.

Clarence laughed again as he straightened up. He lifted his gaze to Juliet and she saw a teasing glint in his eyes. ”Right. Okay little monsters,” he said without heat, “this is Juliet. Juliet, these freaky monsters are my siblings, Alex and Alexa.”

“While we’re on the topic, breakfast is ready.” He said to the twins who both raced out of the room immediately. His eyes never left hers, and a smirk was slowly appearing on his face.

“Right, let’s go, Juliet. Ready for breakfast?” He asked her.

“Almost.” She said, looking around. “Do you have something for hang-overs? Mine seems to want to crack my skull open,” she asked, wincing.

Chuckling, Clarence went to the side table and picked up a glass of tea that she hadn’t noticed earlier.

She took the glass and eyed it for a while, gauging its taste by its looks.

“Don’t worry,” Clarence said, grinning. “It’s my mom’s homemade tea. I guarantee it tastes good.”

She nodded and took the tea at one gulp, and found herself surprised that it actually did taste good.

“Wow, this is delicious,” she said to him. “I’d go ask your mom later on for the recipe, if it’s okay.”

“Oh, be my guest,” he said, chuckling. “I bet you’d rather feel you didn’t ask by the end of the day.”

“Really? Why?” She asked as they went through the door and to the living room.

“You’ll know when you meet my mother,” he replied, grinning.

With a smile, Juliet let her gaze wander around the living room. A gleaming television set complete with DVD players, home speakers and Xbox took up the lion’s share of space. Plush seats scattered on the floor, with the black leather sofas by the wall. Hanged picture frames decorated the cream-colored walls. They passed by a standing mirror and she remembered that her clothes were changed.

“Hey, who changed my clothes?” She asked, narrowing her eyes at him. “Don’t tell me it was you.”

Clarence let out a naughty smirk. “That would be lovely. Unfortunately, my mother thought otherwise so she’s the one who changed your clothes.”

“Your mother?” She gulped, embarrassed. “Did she see it?”

His posture changed, a little tense now, though his gaze remained gentle as he processed her words. He knew she was asking about her bruise.

“Yes,” he replied. “But don’t worry, I asked my mom not to ask you about it if you don’t want to.”

She smiled gratefully and went with him.

“By the way, nice panties. I saw them when I placed you down the bed.” He said, laughing as they made their way to the kitchen.

Juliet felt her cheeks grew hot and gave him a light shove.

“Pervert!” she said, sticking out her tongue at him.

“What can I do? You’re the one who’s moving so much that your dress rode up!” He said, still teasing, though in his mind he can still remember the sight of her bruise, and his mother’s questions about it.

“Hey kids. Stop fighting so early in the morning,” A kind voice said. Turning, Juliet saw a kind-looking man smiling as he walked past them. He was wearing a dark suit and a white tie, his right hand carrying a thick folder.

He looked like what Clarence would be 20 years from now. His twinkling brown eyes were framed with eyeglasses and his mouth was tugged up on the side in the same way Clarence does when he was naughty.

“Hey Dad, this is Juliet.” Clarence said behind her. “Juliet, my old man,” He casually placed his hand on her right shoulder.

“Who are you calling old man, boy?” he replied back, smirking.

“Oh hi, Mr. Jimenez.” Juliet said, offering her hand out.

“Just call me Charlie,” he replied to her. ”Well then, I’d better check what my sweetie has prepared.” He nodded at them and continued to walk to the kitchen.

“Is your dad a lawyer?” She asked Clarence.

“Yes,” he replied, surprised. “How did you know?”

 “I just assumed since your dad look like my dad before the...” She trailed off as memories rush back to her.

“Oh my god, I was supposed to be back home last night.” Juliet cried frantically as she turned back to the room to get her things back. “I’m supposed to cook dinner and arrange the house last night.”

“Hey hey hey.” Clarence gripped her wrist. “I texted him last night. Hope you don’t mind that I used your phone. Told him you’re staying at my place because it’s so late already and you’re tired.”

“What? What did he say?” she asked him with wide eyes.

“Uhh, actually, he didn’t reply,” he replied, shifting uncomfortably.

She narrowed her eyes at him and crossed her arms.

“Okay fine.” Clarence said after a moment of silence. “He did reply. But let’s talk about that later, okay? Right now, my stomach is complaining.”  He smirked as a loud growl proved his point.

Juliet rolled her eyes at him.

“Hey kids, what’s taking so long?” Charlie’s voice filled the house. “Don’t start making out in the middle of the hallway!”

“What’s making out?” Alexa asked.

Clarence rolled his eyes and took Juliet by the wrist, guiding her towards the kitchen.

Breakfast with the Jimenez was a lovely surprise for Juliet. Laughter and stories bounced around the table as bread and jam were passed from one hand to another. Juliet, who had eaten her breakfast alone since her mother died, found her heart bursting of gratefulness for the Jimenez family for letting her experience again what it feels like to belong to a happy family.

“So Juliet,” Andrea, Clarence’s mom, asked her across the table. Her lovely hazel eyes that she passed on to her son sparkled warmly as she gazed at Juliet. “How about you tell us how you and Clarence met?  All we can hear from him is how amazing you are.”

“I do not tell that all the time, mom.” He said, rolling his eyes.

“Oh okay, maybe every other day since the last few months,” she teased.

Juliet blushed, embarrassed to the sudden change of topic. “It was just an ordinary day, Auntie.” She replied. Andrea refused to be called by ‘Mrs. Jimenez’ or her name and actually insisted that Juliet call her mom. Juliet then settled with ‘Auntie’.

“Really?” Andrea asked, disbelief on her tone. “Because that’s not what I hear from those two.”

“Who are those two?” Clarence asked, frowning.

As if on cue, the doorbell rang. Before anyone could stand to check who it was, the door opened and James and Simon walked in, grinning.

“What’s up, everybody?” James said in a loud voice.

“James! Simon!” the twins yelled, grinning as they stood up from their chairs and rushed to the newcomers.

“What’s up, kids?” Simon asked, crouching to ruffle their hairs. “Missed us?”

“Of course they did,” Charlie said, chuckling. “Your last visit was when? The day before yesterday?”

“Yep,” James replied, popping the ‘p’. She crossed to Andrea’s side and leaned to kiss her on the cheek. “Hey Aunt A,” he said. A few seconds later, Simon did the same.

“We were just talking about you two,” Andrea said to them, smiling. “Juliet told me a different story on how she and my son met.”

“Hey Jules, it’s bad to lie.” Simon said as he and James sat by her side.

“You should listen to your own advice, then.” Juliet replied, rolling her eyes.

The two chuckled. “Right.” James said. “Aunt A, Clarence peeped at her while she was singing.”

“What? That’s not how I raised you, Clarence.”

“Aww mom. Don’t listen to that liar. Juliet and I met when I saw her playing by the piano at our music room.”

“Don’t call me a liar, Clarence. You were peeping at her while she was singing."

Clarence rolled his eyes at his best friends’ words.

“I remember that you two were also there with me that time,”

James and Simon laughed, and after a final bite at their toasts, rose and went to the direction of the living room.

“Well then, we’ll just go kill some zombies, man.” James said with a wave to the kids who were busy drinking their milk.

“What are they doing?” Juliet asked.

“We’re playing some games on the Xbox.” Clarence replied as he too, stood up from his seat. “I’m going. Wanna come?”

“No, thanks. I’ll help in clearing the table.” Juliet replied, which earned her a warm smile from Andrea and an amused grin from Clarence.

“Don’t make us get used to you around, Juliet.” He said, realizing how lucky he was to have loved a girl who was thoughtful and kind. “Well, the Xbox is calling me.”

Charlie also stood up after Clarence left. “I’m going too. I’ve got to review this case,” he said as he went to Andrea’s side and kissed her on the cheeks. “I’m expecting a feast later, hon.”

He turned to Juliet and said with a smile. “I hope to see you on dinner time, Juliet.” He took the twins’ hands and guided them out of the room.

Juliet blinked. She didn’t expect the table to clear so quickly. Andrea noticed her expression and said with a chuckle, “They’re quick to go once they learned it’s time to wash the dishes. It’s like they have this inner sense to go away as soon as they finished eating.”

She giggled and stood up to help in clearing the table. “What can I help then, Auntie?”

Andrea gestured the plates. “You can help put those and while we’re at it, I’ll tell you all the embarrassing stories of Clarence.” She added with a grin.

Juliet smiled and felt that she was finally having a motherly bond that she has wished for so long.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 5.2K 31
As we stood outside in the cold, my mind wandered to freshman year, when I promised to help Andy with something and he said that he would hug me, but...
93 0 16
Two best friends. One girl. Two sudden rivals. She never wanted to come between them. But they didnt give her a choice. One was hopelessly in love. T...
37K 978 27
A young architect with big dreams, new ideas and aspirations wants to show the world who she is. Annabeth Chase's firm was now a renowned one because...
15.4K 363 31
Life starts off just the way she like it growing up until it changes and she has to adapt to the point where it's all new. then when she get used to...