The Mark of Love & War [HOLD]

By Misguided

Two years have passed since The Decision. Two years was all it took for everything to change. Fallen Angels... More

The Mark of Love & War.
Chapter 1 - Old Friend
Chapter 2 - Welcome to Las Vegas!
Chapter 3 - Meet Ron
Chapter 4 - Forgive or Forget?
Chapter 5 - The Start
Chapter 6 - Past Lives
Chapter 7 - Time Doesn't Change a Thing
Chapter 8 - Pure Intentions
Chapter 9 - Daydreaming
Chapter 10 - Antonia Mendoza
Chapter 11 - Waterfall
Chapter 12 - The Fall
Chapter 13 - First Reincarnation
Chapter 14 - Contact
Chapter 16 - A Moment
Chapter 17 - Fire Burns
Chapter 18 - The Elders'
Chapter 19 - A Verdict
Chapter 20 - Day 1: Goodbye
Chapter 21 - Day 2: Memories & Lessons
Chapter 22 - Day 6: Coping Mechanism
Chapter 23 - Day 10: Before The Ball
Chapter 24 - The Ball
Chapter 25 - Remember?

Chapter 15 - Cassiel's Ball

19.3K 645 41
By Misguided

______________________________________________

Blaine stared at herself in the mirror with a quivering lip and I sent her a pitying look.

"Blaine..."

"I'm just scared." She mumbled to me. "What if things go wrong?"

"Not everything can go right." I said as I braided her hair into a French plait. 

"I know. But I just have this feeling that everything will go completely wrong."

"You can't think too negatively." Bonnie said as she zipped up her satin white dress from her waist. "We will do this."

"Okay, okay. What do I do?"

"You go as if you're on your own." Bonnie reminded her. "Lon, come here." 

I walked to her, my cream lace-bodice silk dress unlaced at the back. Bonnie grabbed the strings and started to tie. "No Cacodemons can get you from here. So you have nothing to worry about."

"Will they know I'm a demon?"

"You're not a demon." I reassured. "Merely fallen. The same as Franklin. And no, I'm shielding your energy."

"Come," Bon grabbed her hand. "Let's go. Cam and Kim are waiting downstairs."

Jackson was already at the Stronghold, a guard in a sense. He did it without much trouble getting in wasn't a problem at all. 

"Ready?"

I pinned my own braid in a swirl at the top of my head and grabbed my mask before double checking the room to make sure we didn't leave anything. Jackson had taken everything with him to the Stronghold making sure to store them before doing his duty as a guard.

As we entered the lobby of our hotel Cameron looked up and sent me a tight smile. No, we hadn't talked properly about what I did last night; he hadn't even made the effort to try and talk to me so I didn't either.

For a second, his blue eyes flashed at me as I stepped off the stairs and a genuine smile lit his face. "You look nice." He complimented.

"Thank you. And so do you." I replied as I stopped in front of him. Cameron's short hair was smoothed back. His crisp white shirt was covered by a waist coat and a long white tailored coat. Cameron really did look nice. All of his clothes were fitted to him perfectly. Jackson did a great job. "Are we ready to go?"

Everyone was going. The streets were filled with women and men walking (or floating) to the Stronghold. Women and men were laughing, smiling, excited. They were dressed to the nines, the excitement on all of their faces.

Blaine stayed close to us as we made our way to the gates outside but then she separated, proceeding on to our plan. The invitations were checked by guards dressed in white dress suits almost similar to Cameron's. Bonnie, Kim and I slipped on our masks as well as Cameron and handed the guard, term used loosely because it was Jackson, our invitations. 

Walking through the grand entrance I was amazed by the beautiful mural on the ceiling of the circular hall. But as I glanced at each of the most important and memorable archangels from the beginning of time I glanced at the face nearest the middle and sighed. "Ah, look."

Bonnie glanced at me before looking up and laughing. "How flattering."

The painting of me was completely nude, however I don't particularly remember being nude for a painting as big as this. My black hair was as long as it was now, almost waist length and my wings spread out behind the other angels larger than them all.

"How unflattering more like." I glanced around at the few angels casting me curious looks and frowned. "Maybe we shouldn't speak English in here."

"Levanael." Boomed the announcer at the far end of the hall where everyone was lining up. 

"The Angel of Luna is here?" Cameron mumbled beside my ear. "Was this a good idea coming here?"

I looked into his face as we joined the line. "We aren't recognisable in these masks and our energy won't be read in a hall full of such powerful angels, Cam. We'll be fine."

"Boza." The announcer echoed next and I groaned. Boza was the Kerubic Angel of Air on Earth. Kerubic translated to "The Strong Ones." Although the title is bestowed upon most of the element angels, including me, not many of them interacted with one and other.

Cameron chuckled beside me but I nudged his arm. "When was the last time you spoke to him?"

"Long time," I grumbled.

"Lockwood Fane and the third minister, Flora Fane."

As the names were rattled off I could feel the excitement and the amount of power emanating from the room below us. The voices were all formed of idle chatter and music so angelic only angels themselves could produce it.

We came closer to the doors and I glanced over the shoulder of the couple in front of us. It was absolutely beautiful. The hall was big. No, it was enormous. It was made for giants. The ceiling went on and on and so did the hall. 

"My turn. I'll see you down there." 

I blinked and realised Bonnie, Blaine and Kim had disappeared already. Cameron mumbled his name to the announcer before he stuck his hands into his pockets and descended the stairs. "Palco, The Servient Angel of Water." 

I stepped out onto the landing of the staircase and glanced around. Why was I nervous? No one would know it was me.

"Your name?" 

I shook my head and turned to the platinum white haired announcer to whisper my name into his ear. At first he looked uncertain as if he didn't believe me but then he shrugged and cleared his throat.

"Belmara, A Daughter of Light."

I could get away with being the Daughter of Light because there were millions scattered all over the universe. As I descended the stairs only few angels met my gaze or watched me stop at the bottom. Cameron stepped next to me and took my hand within his. We walked side by side, greeting guests we'd never met before, making idle conversation. There was a large rectangle of floor in the middle of the hall made for the guests that wished to dance. They floated about in an ancient dance taught to only the highest of angels. 

The Kerubic Angels danced with one and other whilst most onlookers stared with a sparkle of appreciation in their eyes.

"There's Cassiel." Cameron mumbled quietly.

My gaze surveyed the halls before landing on Cassiel Sith himself dressed in the fanciest of robes. Cassiel was an admired angel among all and despite his real age of over four millenniums, his appearance hadn't changed from its thirty year old self. His long red hair was smooth back and tied into a ball at the back of his head. His bright blue eyes contrasted against his olive skin tone. He was a gorgeous man, admired by all men and desired by women. 

"He looks happy." I smiled. "It would have been nice to say hello to him."

"Well, unless you want him to say something to the guards I suggest you don't."

From the other side of the room I caught sight of the servants with trays entering from the far double doors making their way around the guests. I caught sight of Blaine talking to a young male angel and then Bonnie who was taking a sparkling crystal flute from one of the waiters. I have no idea where Kimberly scurried off to.

The Kerbuic Angels continued to dance, all synchronized within a manor switching partners as the music progressed. I frowned and sighed. That dance was taught to me many millenniums ago... 

"You want to dance?"

I shook my head sadly. "Only the Kerubic Angels are to know the dance. Imagine what the audience will say when a Daughter of Light and a Servient Angel of Water perform the dance."

Cameron smirked before squeezing her hand. "We won't have the opportunity to be here again. You learnt the dance for this purpose why not?"

"Cam..." I groaned. "They'll know-"

Before I could even begin to stop him, he dragged me onto the floor and took both of my hands. I swallowed my nerves as the other angels stared at us as if we were mad. He's going to get us both killed. Cam knew the dance of course, from the many times in the past I had practiced with him. He spun me out just as the other dances spun and joined them in perfect synchronised movements. His left hand lay on my waist whilst his right held my left hand. His grip was firm as we stepped once to the left and did the two step around the other angels. 

"Not so bad?" He chuckled.

"And yet everyone stares. We've gained attention from this because of you."

"And lift," As the music took a high note the angels lifted their partners into the air and spun. Me included. I lay my palms on Cameron's shoulders and moved them back into position after he dropped me. "See? We're fine."

"For now," I grumbled.

We continued the dance in silence only occasionally catching each other's gaze. "So I assume you're talking to me now?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

I raised a brow. "Seriously?"

"Okay, I may have taken to you seeing Gabriel in a bad way." I watched a range of emotions play all over his face within the blink of an eye. "I was surprised."

"I was too, trust me." The dance ended smoothly and I led him off the floor to the side of the hall away from prying, curious eyes. "Why are you truly helping me Cam?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Don't answer my question with another question."

"I'm helping you because I realised how stupid I was for ignoring you for two years. You're part of my life and I am yours. Or I was a part of yours. I screwed up, I know that. I thought this could be my way of apologising."

I didn't know what I expected to hear when I finally asked Cameron that question. But I don't think it was that. A part of me hoped he was helping me because... Well... Damn I don't even know what I was hoping. Being with Cam again was wonderful... but...

"Sir Cassiel will now choose a partner to dance the Angelic Waltz."

"So, finding him for me is your way of apologising?" 

Uncertainty flickered as bright as day within his eyes before he hesitantly nodded. 

"I don't believe you." I stated as I fixed my mask. "You're lying."

A warm palm slid over the skin of my shoulder and squeezed. "Excuse me."

"You're excused," I quipped sharply but Cameron started shaking his head briskly. I frowned at him and turned only to inwardly groan.

Cassiel's musical laugh filled the hall and only now did I realise it was silent. Cameron slipped away and joined the watching crowd.

"Uh-I-"

"May I have your arm?" He hummed in Enochian.

Shit... I glanced at Cameron's alarmed gaze and then at Jackson standing by the door on the opposite end of the hall. I turned back to Cassiel's open hand and slowly lay mine within his palm. He was much taller than I remembered. I couldn't very well say no... It would embarrass us both.

"Of course."

He shined me a dazzling smile before leading me onto the glittering dance floor. The male singer began his beautiful serenade in time with the band. Cassiel's palm rested on the small of my back as he gripped my other hand and held it beside our heads. I knew this dance only by legend and I wasn't entirely familiar with it. But as he moved across the floor, I slowly began to get the hang of it. 

Cassiel's gaze never left mine and I found it difficult to turn or look away from him. The man was always so captivating no one had the strength to turn away from him. His full mouth curved into a smile as he nudged me closer to him. 

"A Daughter of Light, hm..." He sighed next to my ear. "You are not like many Daughters' of Light I have laid eyes upon."

I cleared my throat to reply, "That must be a lot, I presume?"

"Many." He chuckled. "What is your name?"

"Belmara." 

"That is a beautiful name." He smiled.

As we danced, I could feel a small nudge within my mind. Hell, he was trying to-

"I already have, Lonsa." Cassiel said in English. "Come now, did you really think I wouldn't be able to read you as soon as you walked down those stairs? You of all angels? I'm disappointed you'd think so little of me."

I sighed heavily. "I really thought I'd done it."

"Well obviously you do not know me as well as you thought." He pressed a kiss to the side of my head and grinned. "Now tell me, you're here for the door?"

I pursed my lips.

"To find Gabriel," He continued but once again I didn't answer. "Do 'up there' know?"

"Of course they don't."

"The rumours of a group of Cacodemon's are also true then?"

"Yes."

"And that Fallen Angel over there? Is she..."

"A friend finding her way. She will remain here whilst we're gone."

Cassiel stopped as the music did and frowned down at me when the audience started to clap. "One more dance." He announced and the audience began to murmur. I caught Cam's eye and nodded my head. We already arranged our groups. I would be with Bonnie and he would be with Kim and Jackson. He disappeared into crowd of angels and Cassiel and I began to dance to a new song. 

"I won't stop you from going through that door, Lonny. But the guards of The Stronghold will. At the moment of this dance, the guards will be circling the entrance. There are four guards down the hallway of the door but you will have to locate it yourself as it varies from place to place."

He stopped dancing to cup both of my cheeks within his palms. "I trust you know what you're doing."

"I do, I promise."

"That fallen angel, I'll look after her. Leave her here. I will be in the Angelic World in two days. I will be able to help you if you Call. Okay?" He tucked a lock of my blonde hair behind my ear and smirked. "You're even more beautiful than I remember."

"It's my hair isn't it?" I laughed.

"No... It's your heart and soul. Be safe and be careful, Princess." He pressed a kiss to both of my cheeks which caused even more murmurs throughout crowd. "Go, now."

"Thank you." I bowed before walking away to find Bonnie. Cassiel started speaking to the angel's diverting all of their attention away from me. "We have to leave now. Where's Blaine?"

"I'm here." Blaine stepped beside us. "What is it?"

"We have to go now. Cam, Kim and Jackson are gone. Blaine, Cassiel will look after you while we're gone. He'll only be here for two days but he will help you, you have my word he is a trustworthy man." I lay my hands on her shoulders and smiled. "Although you did almost kill me, I think we can both agree that we can put the past behind us. Be safe here and don't draw attention to yourself."

She nodded with a deep sigh and I patted her cheek. Bonnie took my hand within hers and led me to the double doors the rest had exited through. The Stronghold, I knew, was impenetrable and the inside was a maze. Jackson had left our bags by the side of the doors which contained our change of clothes once we made it to the Angelic World. I slung mine over my shoulder and slipped my mask into the side pocket.

"Really think we'll get through the door?" Bonnie asked as we walked up a flight of stairs. 

"Today we will. I know it." Although there was a feeling of doubt I had to try and stay positive. 

Silently, we walked through hall to hall following my instinct on where I could feel the door. We'd been stopped by three guards asking our business but Bonnie and I managed to charm our way out of trouble. We said we were looking for a room to rest because our feet were hurting and they happily told us directions each time.

As we travelled further up, the guards grew more wary of us. Some said nothing whilst others stared.

'Lon...' Someone thought.

I paused as we approached a pair of heavily locked double doors and turned to the end of the hall. Cam, Jackson and Kim were standing there watching us.

"What?" I said aloud but then I looked behind them and saw two guards and... And-

"Hello, Lonsa."

I sighed and shook my head. "Leo."

I hadn't seen him since Gabriel left all those years ago. I despised him, I always have. 

"It is wonderful to see you again." He said in his creepy soft toned voice. "My, you are even more-"

"Why are you here, Leo."

"For Cassiel's ball. However, I was truly surprised to see you and Cameron dancing the Kerubic Dance tonight. I wouldn't have known it was you until he lifted you. I remember how reluctant you were to dance it, how you thought the lift pointless. You don't disappoint."

"So what now," I glanced at the sound of the bolts in the door unlocking. The door was in there. I could feel it. There are only two guards, I thought to everyone. And this door is opening. This is our only chance to get in and lock them out. I'll handle Leo and the guard on the inside. Use their cuffs.

"The Elder's will be notified of your poor effort to try and enter the Angelic World. Do not growl at me child, I applaud you for getting this far."

"You'll be giving me a standing ovation once I get further."

Leo's blue eyes sparkled with a challenge as he advanced toward me. He lifted his mask from his face and held it gingerly between his fingertips. "You won't be getting further. You'll be sent back to earth along with your friends although a tribunal would have been best for you all, I'd only be granting you access into the one place you've been working hard to get to."

The bolts at the bottom of the door cracked and creaked after the top ones were fiddled with. "I am not your enemy. There are demon's looking for this door as well."

"No, you're not the enemy and we know. But breaking laws is punishable. You of all people should know. Including you Cameron." 

Just as he turned around to look at Cameron the door creaked open. It was like working in slow motion but in hyper speed. I grabbed the woman guard that had opened the door and took her platinum cuffs from her belt. I unclipped them, hooking it behind a thin pillar against the wall and connecting it to Leo's wrist. The others did the same with the other guards.

We all bolted through the crack of the door and shut it, everyone working as hard as possible to lock the doors. There were shouts on the other side and suddenly there was a deafening crack against the wooden door.

"Quick hold the door!" Cameron yelled. As we stood with our palms against the door I looked down the long hall and saw a door. There it is.

"It's right there. And we have to be fast." I said to the others. "It won't move until we've used it. We won't be followed any time soon."

"It'll be the same as when we entered this realm of islands. I'll count to three and we all join hands before we go through the door, okay? One."

There was another bang against the door. I looked to Cam, the excitement visible within his bright blue eyes. "Two."

I took his hand.

"Three!"

Everyone joined hands as we ran down the hall. Barely, four seconds later, I turned my head to watch the large double doors slam open. I freed my hand from Bonnie and stretched it outward to open the door. Once I grabbed Bonnie's hand we all leaped in. 

It was too bright to open my eyes for too long. We were free falling, just like we were when we jumped through the portal for the Stronghold Islands. It was completely silent apart from everyone's heavy breaths. Everyone started to lose grip on one another even Bonnie separated from me. The wind whipped my hair around my head my French plait flying behind me. 

There was a loud bang and echo that sounded like a gunshot as we travelled faster. My grip on Cameron's hand tightened. And then almost immediately, there was another shot and Cam and I slowed. And just as I opened my eyes I screamed when I saw the ground barely ten feet from my face. Cam swung himself in front of me so I landed on top of him with a loud 'Ooft!'

What was once silent a moment ago, the sound of a wave crashing against a shore sounded throughout my ringing ears. I was too afraid to look around but I had to, to know that we were there, in the Angelic World. In Heaven.

And as I looked up from Cameron's chest and up at the sky I smiled. 

We were here. We made it. 

The sky was a mixture of pinks and purples, an improved colour of twilight. The stars were bright and beautiful, not a cloud in the sky. The colour of the water ahead of us was the exact same colour as the sky, a colourful mix of blues and pinks.  

The sand beneath us was perfect beige. I rolled off of Cameron and sunk my fingers into the sand. Perfect.

I snapped out of my haze when I heard a mixture of moans. The relief that washed over me was impeccable once I caught sight of Bonnie, Kimberly and Jackson lying a distance away from us. And then there was Cam, beginning to sit up, rubbing the sand away from his hair.

"This is better than landing on those rocks over there." He grumbled.

I couldn't help the laugh that bubbled out of my mouth as I jumped onto him and hugged him. "We made it! And," I gasped. My ribs... they'd healed. And the scratches, I lifted my sleeves. "I'm healed. I'm healing normally!" I collapsed back onto the sand and sighed. "We made it."

"We did." The relief in his voice was evident. 

____________________________________

Here's the first update in month's guys. Hope it's alright. Updates will be as regular as possible as this is the only thing I'm technically working on at the moment. I can understand if you can't remember much and I apologise 

Votes and Comments :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

291 27 9
Lucky, a fallen angel and the most powerful Supernatural being on Earth, was born over 1,000 years ago as a half angel, half human in a quaint villag...
745 41 15
~ "And up close?" I asked stupidly. She studied me for a moment. "An empty fridge." "And that's supposed to mean...?" I egged her on. Now that I look...
1.8K 399 24
Sometimes love doesn't come when we expect them to, and sometimes it does come when we expect them. Marks life suddenly became difficult and miserabl...
4.2K 228 32
Angels. Cute, little Heavenly beings, right? Wrong. The angels, all sixteen of them, have been exiled from Heaven. They fell to Earth and cra...