Adopted By Malum

By Allena5SOS

"So.. I was adopted by a guitarist and a bassist in a band?" "Pretty much." "Cool." More

Adopted by Malum
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Sixteen

4.8K 229 91
By Allena5SOS

Sophia's point of view

'Sophia, come outside. I need you.'

And that was the simple text that made me come outside at two am. Dressed a pair of baggy grey sweats, a black wife beater, and some Vans, I waited for Makenna to step out of her house. I didn't care that it was late. Makenna needed me and that's that.

When she finally did, she ran up to me and jumped on me. "Woah, what's up?" I asked her as I caught her. I stumbled back a bit, but I didn't end up falling. "Why am I out here at this hour Kenna?"

"I broke up with Derrick." She told me and I smiled. "It took awhile, and he got mad, but I did it. My mum was even on my side after I told her what he would do to me. I'm single again. I'm happy."

"That's great Kenna." I said and she looked down at me. Like I said, I was carrying her and since I was pushing her up, she was a litter taller than me. Normally, I was like three or four inches taller than her.

"Kiss me?" She asked and I chuckled. "You said you would after I ended things with Derrick." She said and I nodded. I leaned up and pressed my lips against hers, humming as she cupped my face in her small, cold hands.

The cold air blew softly and our hair was literally everywhere but it didn't matter. All I cared about was that Makenna was in my arms and her lips were on mine. They're so soft and so gentle, I swear if I wasn't scared of hurting her, I'd fall due to weak knees.

We pulled away and she smiled at me. "Is it wrong I've wanted that since the day I woke up with you on top of me?" She asked me and I chuckled.

"No, I don't think so." I said honestly and she nodded. "Is it bad that I've wanted that ever since I first started school with you?" I asked and she giggled.

"Not one bit." She told me and I set her down. I looked up at her and she pecked my nose.

"I didn't think you'd be into girls." I said and smiled. "You were dating dickweed so I thought you were straight." I told her and she sighed.

"I was forced to date him, and I told you why, but I left a few things out." I looked at at her confused and she smiled smally. "My mum hates knowing that I'm not into guys and wouldn't ever give her a grandaughter or grandson."

"That sucks. She should be supportive." I said and she sighed. I set her down and then smiled. "The guys are supportive of my sexuality, especially Calum." I said.

"My maid is supportive," she said. "It's just my mum. She wanted to cure me by making me date a guy." She told me.

"She'll come around." I told her and she told me she hoped so. "It's late, aren't you tired?" I asked her and she nodded.

"A bit but I don't want to be alone. My mum is still at her office working on some dress for some celebrity and the maid is a really heavy sleeper." She told me and I chuckled.

"Come on. You can come with me. Leave a note or something so they don't think you ran away or were kidnapped." I said and she nodded.

"Be back in a second." She told me and I nodded. She ran into her house and I watched. I let out a small chuckle and then threw my head back.

She's such a dork.

I stood here and then a few minutes later, she closed her door and walked out. I grabbed her hand and then led her into our house.

I closed the front door and then took her up to my room. "You think the guys will get mad?" She asked me as I closed my own bedroom door.

"No. They'll be confused, but not mad." I said and then turned off the light. I clmibed into my bed and then pulled the blanket over us.

She cuddled up to me and I chuckled. "You're such a dork." I said and threw my arm over her.

"But I am a cute dork, right?"

"Of course you are." I said and kissed the top of her head.

-

When I woke up, there was someone shaking me and I groaned. "Sophia, wake up. Please?" I heard Makenna ask me and I pried my eyes open.

"What do you need?"

"You to get out of bed. Come on, get up." She whined and I shook my head. "Sophia!"

"I don't wanna," I said and pulled the blanket over me. She huffed and then the next thing I know, she's getting into bed with me and getting under the blanket.

"Please Sophia?"

"I'm tired." I said and laid down on my back. She climbed on top of me and I looked up at her. "Just a few more minutes, please."

"No, you need to get up." She said and I hummed. I couldn't help but watch the way her lips moved when she talked and then I nodded.

"Give me a kiss and I'll get up."

"That's easy." She beamed and leaned down. She pressed a, what was supposed to be, quick kiss to my lips and I set my hands on her waist.

"We need to stop before the guys come up." She said and pulled the blanket off of me. "Come on Sophia." She said and I nodded.

I sat up and she giggled a bit. "Come on, get off." I said since she was on my lap. She nodded and slid off. I stood up and then walked downstairs, not bothering to change

"Good morning sleeping beauty." Calum said and I rolled my eyes. "Do you want anything to eat?" He asked me.

"About ten more minutes of sleep with a side of quiet and a glass of water sounds great." I said and he laughed. "But that can't happen because Makenna sucks." I said and wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm gonna fall!"

I laughed and dragged her down to the floor. She fell on top of me with a laugh and Calum looked down at us. "It seems like they just got down and dirty." He said and Michael glared at him.

"Because we fell down and because the floor is dirty, I get it." Makenna said and I looked at her. "Is that not what he means?"

"I-Yes, that's what he meant. Smart Kenna." I said and she stuck her tongue out at me. I laughed and Calum handed me a glass of water.

"Aww, you made me wet Calum." I whined as he slipped a bit. I took the glass and Calum laughed as he sat down beside me on the floor.

"That's not the first time I ever heard that from a girl."

"Calum!" Michael hissed. "Stop being inappropriate!"

"Same Calum." I said and he looked at me with at raised eyebrow. "What? You think I ain't getting any? Pfft, where do you think I was last Friday night?"

"Last Friday night, we went streaking in the park, skinny dipping in the dark," Calum said and I nodded after I swallowed the drink of water. "Yes, Katy Perry is queen." He said and we high-fived.

I crawled over to the table and then set my glass on it. I crawled back to where Calum was and laid down on the floor. "I kissed a girl and I liked it, the taste of her cherry chapstick," I sang and Makenna laid beside me.

"I kissed a girl and just to try it, I hope my boyfriend don't mind it." She sang along and Calum laughed as he laid down too. I looked at him and he sang the next line.

"It felt so wrong, it felt so right, don't meant I'm in love tonight. I kissed a boy and I liked it."

"Those aren't the lyrics." Ashton said and Calum looked at him. Ashton looked confused and I almost screamed. He's so slow.

"I know they're not Ashton."

"You basically just came out, woo! Go Calum!" I said and we high-fived. "Get some." I told him and he chuckled.

"Wait... you're gay?"

"I don't want to label. I just love who I love, boy, girl, it's still love." Calum said. "Labels are for clothes." He told Luke and he nodded.
"If we're coming out, I'm like Calum!" I said and Makenna laughed. "You guys probably know that already though. I kind of screamed it out before."

"I think girls are hot." Makenna said and I high-fived her. "I like girls. Derrick was a cover up and he knew it. I'm into girls."

"Anyone else?" Ashton asked and they were quiet. "So everyone else is straight. Okay." He said and I chuckled.

"Sophia," Makenna whined and cuddled up into me. "Cuddle." She said and I chuckled as I played with her blonde hair.

"Cuddle." Calum said and suddenly, I was smashes between their bodies. He threw his arm over us two and I laughed.

"Have you asked her out?" Calum whispered in my ear. I shook my head and he chuckled. "You better do it soon or someone else will." He said.

"Shut up Calum." I said and he laughed. "I'll do it when it feel like it's the best time." I said and Ashton coughed. "We're talking about taking out the trash. It's too hot to take it out now so I'll do it later."

"Mmhmm," he hummed, obviously not believing my lie. "Whatever it is, don't do it. You can't trust Calum."

"Obviously she can if I'm the only one who knows about it." Calum said and Makenna laughed.

"Apply cold water to the burn."

"That's why you're my best friend." I told Makenna and she chuckled. "I have a question," she hummed and looked at me. "Why are you in a skirt?"

"Because I don't own many shorts or pants." She told me and I shook my head. "Your clothes and your clothed are too big so I couldn't just borrow a pair of leggings. They'd fall."

"Remind to to take you out shopping for some jeans then. You can't just lay down on the floor and be in a skirt." Calum said and she laughed while nodding.

"I'm bored." I said and Makenna gave me a squeeze. "Stop that," I breathed out as Makenna's fingers trailed on my side.

She hummed and suddenly, she was straddling my lower stomach and I was on my back. "Okay, that's enough girls-"

"Kenna!" I squealed as she tickled my sides. I laughed and Calum laughed at us two. "Calum! Help!" I said as I panted for breath.

"Okay." He pinned my hands above me and I tried glaring at him but I couldn't. "Go go go." Calum chanted and I laughed harder.

"St-Stop,"

"Only if you say 'Makenna and Calum are the best people in the world and I love them so much'." She told me and I shook my head.

"N-No. That's lying."

"Then I guess I'm just going to let her tickle you until you wet yourself." Calum said and looked away. I laughed and arched my back off of the floor a bit.

"Kenna please," I said and she shook her head. "I'll-I'll say it." I said and she stopped. She leaned over and I looked into her blue eyes.

"I'm waiting."

"Makenna and Calum," I started off, panting a bit. "Suck dick." I said and she narrowed her eyes at me as she began tickling me.

"She's not wrong," Calum said and that just made me laugh harder. "Well, on my half." He said and I didn't even have to power to roll my eyes at him.

"You didn't say it." She said and I turned my head to the side. "Come on Sophia, say it. You know it's true."

"F-Fine," I gasped and she rose an eyebrow at me. "I will, please stop." I said and she did. "M-Makenna and Calum um, what was it again?"

"Are the best people in the world and I live them so much." Calum told me and I looked at him. "That's all you have to say now."

"Makenna and Calum are the best people in the world and I love them so much." I said and Calum let go of me. Makenna stayed on top of me and I ran a hand through her blonde hair.

"If only they weren't here." She mumbled and Calum gave me a knowing look. I nodded and she leaned back as I raised my knees so she could rest her back against them.

"I'm going to have a talk with you later young lady." Calum said to me and I laughed as I nodded. I played with the hem of Makenna's skirt and then I looked down at her.

"Your skirt is so soft." I said and she laughed. "That sounded creepy, I'm sorry Kenna." I said and she shook her head, telling me it's okay.

"I have nothing to do for the next week or so besides for ballet and practicing a song, which I still don't know what I'm going to do." She said and I agreed.

"We should do a duet." I said and she looked at me. "It'd be cool and how many other kids are going to think of that?" I asked and she shrugged.

"We could do 'Everything Has Changed' by Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift." She said and I nodded. "You know that song right miss rap queen."

"Yeah, of course I know that song. Ed Sheeran is one of the best artists in the music industry. He's relatable, talented, and really down to earth." I said and she chuckled ad he leaned her head to the side.

"I forgot all the guys were in here." She said and Calum laid his head on my stomach. I ran a hand through his hair and Luke laughed.

"You're a couch and a pillow." He said and I nodded. "Don't sleep Calum. What if she needs to pee."

"If he falls asleep and I need to pee, I am getting up. I don't care if your head hits the hardwood. There is no way in Hell I'm pissing myself because someone fell asleep on top of me." I said and Calum turned to look at me.

"I do thought you didn't believe on Heaven or Hell?"

"I don't." I said simply. "It's slipped."

"That's probably my mum." Makenna said and I hummed as the doorbell rang. "I'll see you all later. Bye Sophia, bye guys."

"I'll walk you to the door." I said and sat up after she got off of me. She chuckled and I followed her. "Before you open that door." I said and she looked at me.

I gave her a quick kiss and she blushed. "Bye Sophia." She said and opened the door. It was indeed her mum and she smiled at me.

"Remind Ashton that tomorrow, he promised to take me out." Her mum told me and I nodded with a smile. "Goodbye Sophia."

"Have a great day Charlotte." I said and then closed the door after the walked off. "Ash! Make sure you remember your date with Charlotte!" I yelled as I made my way back to where all the guys are.

"Oh, I wouldn't be able to forget even if I tried." He told me. "Do you think she would enjoy a candle lit dinner under the moonlight by the ocean as a second date or is that too much?"

"It sounds great. I'm sure she'll love that." I told him and he smiled. "Now Calum, I need to talk to you in private."

"About?"

"Did you not hear me? Private. As in I don't want the others to hear or know about it." I said and he stood up. "Come on. We're burning daylight and I'm only getting older."

"Well no shit sherlock." He said and then I took him up to his own room. "Wait, is is it the birds and the bees talk because-"

"Calum, no." I said and looked at him. "I know all about that, sadly. Wrap it before you tap it or else you have bread in the oven." I said.

"Wh-"

"Nevermind." I said and closed his door. "How do I asked out Makenna?" I said, going right into it. "I have to ask her out before someone else comes. Do you see how beautiful she is? Surely, someone else wants her."

"Just ask her out." He said with a shrug and I looked at him blankly. "There's an carnival this Sunday, take her to that." He told me.

"I can't drive." I said and he told me he'd drive us. "Do you really trust us two enough to leave us alone there?"

"Of course. Neither of you have given me a reason to not to. I'll tell the guys I'll be with you but instead I'll be at the mall or something." He told me and I nodded.

"God, how do I ask though? Do I just be blunt and straightforward?" I asked and he nodded. "So I just go up to her and say, 'hey, I really really like you and would you like to go on a date with me Sunday night? I was thinking the carnival that's happening?' Like that?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said and I fell back on too his bed. "You two have kissed more than one huh?" He asked me and I blushed. "How many?"

"Is it that easy to tell?"

"The way she was leaned over you gave it off and the way you 'walked her to the door' kind of reminded me how I did that all the time." I nodded and he chuckled.

"Maybe... four times I think? I don't know. I'm not keeping count." I said and he laughed. "She's just so perfect." I gushed and turned over so I was on my stomach. Calum rubbed my back and chuckled.

"She's an amazing young lady." He said and I nodded. "I'm glad at least your 'crush' likes you back." He told me and I looked up at him.

"Want to know the similarities between Michael and a dick?" He hummed and I laughed. "Nothing, they're the exact same person."

"Not nice." He told me as he laughed. "He actually has a big di-"

"Ah! I can't hear you!" I yelled and covered my ears. "Calum loves God. Calum loves God. Calum loves-"

"Dick-"

"Jesus!" I yelled and stood up, my hands on my ears. "Calum loves Jesus." I said and he took my hands off of my ears.

"You're an idiot Sophia."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.9K 2.4K 22
.
129K 4K 39
In which an ordinary girl, finds her voice in an extraordinary way.
245K 8K 49
"So... You're telling me that this all was a dare? On top of that, you only kept me here longer because it brought your band more publicity and nice...
239K 9.7K 60
The trilogy ending for Adopted By 5 Seconds of Summer.