Blood Promise {Bloody Dance S...

By EzraWinn

Hell can't hold me, demons can't stop me, the Gods can't scare me, and love . . . ha love can't bind me. I g... More

Published Stories Available
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER ONE 2.0
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER TWO 2.0
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER THREE VERSION 2.0
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FOUR VERSION 2.0
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER FIVE 2.0
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN NERO POV
CHAPTER FOURTEEN NERO POV
CHAPTER FIFTEEN ZERO POV
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY (NERO POV)
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE (NERO POV)
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
Author's Note
D.E.A.T.H Series
L.I.E.S Is Published

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO (ZERO POV)

10K 483 34
By EzraWinn

Chapter Twenty-Two

Zero

Soji he was as he is now, age, looks he was the Soji that I had kidnapped. Yet he wasn’t there was a maturity in this Soji that wasn’t in the one I had known. I was different as well, I followed behind him blindly in my demon form. This was before my time with Kar and Shu. Before I was Zero again. Before I knew anything but Soji and the never ending hunger that ate at me. This was when Soji was the God of the Moon and not just some White Mage his father meant to use.

I sat beside Soji on the roof of the castle they had build. How long had I been here? I couldn’t know that time meant nothing to me. I knew that I’ve been at Soji’s side. That I had watched him grow older. That I have fought beside him and watched as other died around him. I knew his pain because I could taste in when I licked his sweet tears away. I didn’t care about the others who were here. What they thought of me was pointless. Soji was the only thing that made me think right. In this haze of never ending hunger Soji was the only thing that made sense.

“Zassago,” he called to me and my eyes slide over so that I could look at him. The raw stake that he had gotten me from the kitchen was in my hands. I ripped chunks of the bloody meat away as we sat watching the night sky. “Do you think dying would be painful?” He asked me and my chewing slowed as I forced myself to swallow. Dying, the word arouse emotions inside of me Stirred feelings within my core that I wasn’t even sure I had.

“Death,” I said ripping at another piece of meat. Soji drew his legs up hugging them to his chest as he looked up at the star lit sky. Out here you could always see the stars.

“I wish...I wish I could die. I wish I didn’t have to be the Moon God.” Soji said as I finishing off my meal licking the blood from my fingers. My stomach gave a rumble telling me it wasn’t enough that we needed more. Of course we needed more, there was always need for more in this hunger haze. “I wish I was never born.”

“If you haven’t been born I would still be in that cell.” I said and Soji looked over at me. “You were born so you could be the Moon God. You are live because you are important.”

“My own mother hates me, my father only wants me around for my powers. What good is a God that can’t even enter the heavens. I’m so useless.”

“I’m a demon that has never entered hell. Am I useless as well?”

“Demons want to get out of hell. It’s an honor that you have never seen it. I feel so out of place among the humans. I don’t know how to act around them. I’d rather spend all my time with you Zassago. A God who prefers a demon over humans. What a pathetic thing I am.”

“Self pity doesn’t suit you.” I told him reaching out and grabbing his chin. “You are Soji that the only person you ever need to be. Why would you kill Soji when only you can be him?”

“Easy for you to say. You don’t even know who you are. You haven’t defined yourself yet. I’m the Moon God, people expect things from me. No one ever expect anything from you. From any demoon.”

“Ban does,” I said his name and Soji eyes met mine. “Ban expects a lot from me.”

“The Great Demon Ban, he is your master.”

“He is my...” I paused toying with the ring around my neck. Ban’s name was always special to me even in the haze I knew it held meaning held power. When hunger was the at the forefront of your mind day and night how could I say. Ban was what to me, friend, foe, food. “Ban is...” I tried again and Soji dropped his gaze from mine looking off over the side of the roof to the eighty foot drop anyone who went over would have.

“Ban is special to you.” Soji said with a sigh.Running his fingers through his hair he turned back to me giving me a fake smile. “Stand up,” he said rising to his feet and I followed suit. Wrapping his around around the back of my neck he hugged his body close to mine. “Hold me please.” he asked and I wrapped my arounds around his wrist.

“Don’t be sad Soji.” I told him pressing my nose into his hair. He smelled like flowers, sunshine, and blood. Pure blood pulse through his veins and as much as I knew it would pain me to take it. That was as much as I wanted it as well. I was no fool though drinking from Soji wasn’t worth the pain that went along with it.

“I love you Zassago, I know you don’t understand what that means but I should say it at least once. You’ve been at my side since I freed you from the cell. I guess it was only natural to fall in love with the person who never leaves your side. I wish that you could return these feelings but I can’t force you to love me back. I just...I just have to let you know.”

“Love is for humans.” I said and Soji buried his face in my chest his fingers knotting his fingers in my hair. I felt him nod his head against me before he pulled away some. Reaching up he touched the side of my face. His small soft hands caressing my cheek.

“You’re right.” his voice was weak. “I free you, Zassago, you don’t have to be with me anymore. I free you.”  

“Where will I go? What will I do?”

“Anywhere, anything, thats the beauty of being free. You can do anything you want. You can be anything you want.” Soji said and stood on his tiptoes. “Be a good person Zassago. I know you are one, I know you are kind and loving. Even if you are a demon you aren’t like the others. You’re special.”

“What about you?” I asked and he gave a smile little smile that held more pain than joy in it.

“I reached the end. My limit has been meant. I can’t go any farther the way that I am now. I have to change. I have to...I have to be one or the other. I can’t be Soji and the Moon God anymore.”

“I don’t understand.”

“I don’t either yet. But I will know in time. Maybe...maybe we will meet again. Maybe you will love me back when we do.”

“Soji I...”

“Don’t lie to me Zassago, even if it a pretty on.” he told me before pressing his lips to mine. I parted my mouth under his pushing my tongue into his mouth. He tasted just as sweet as he smelled. Reaching up I tingled my fingers in his hair bringing him closer to me. Kissing him longer my other hand ran up his shirt and he pulled away from me. “Let’s not soil the memory.” Soji said  and quickly pressed his lips to mine again before pulling away so more. “Thanks.” He told me before falling backward. Only now did I notice how close to the edge he was.

“SOJI!” I yelled running and leaping over the edge as well my wings burst from my back as I saw Soji quickly falling towards the ground. “SOJI!” I yelled out to him again noticing that his eyes were closed. I tried to point myself downward so that I could gain speed and catch up with him.

Then white light burst from his body. It was so bright it was as if the sun had rose on this night. My wings snapped out as I shielded my eyes against the light. It was painful to look into it then slowly it started to fade away again. When the light was gone and the night was dark again there was no Soji. Not on the ground or still falling. He was gone “Soji...Soji...SOOOOOJIIIIIIIII!”

“Soji!” I yelled clutching at my chest as my breathing came out is jabbed huffs. I could feel sweat rolling down my face and I dropped my head into my hands. That memory, Soji and I was together before this. He didn’t just free me I stayed with him. I stayed at his side. My grip on my shirt tighten. He...he was so sad.

“Can’t say I like you calling out the white whore’s name.” Ban voice brought me from my thoughts and I looked to see I was in a hotel room. Ban was sitting on the bed I was in and in the next bed in the room was the boy who had joined with Nero and I.

“Is he okay?” I asked seeing he had yet to regain consciousness. “Nero...where is he? Is he okay?” I asked trying to get out of bed but Ban pushed me down again. I didn’t have the strength to fight against him at the moment so I laid down willingly.

“That,” he point over to the sleeping boy in the next bed, “will be fine. As for Nero Gnew took him most likely to the heavenly realm.”

“Why?” I asked and Ban plucked me in the center of my forehead.

“Because Nero is the God of Death. Former God of Death, he was cast from the heavens before your father’s father was come in his father’s father balls.”

“I need to leave.” I said trying to get up again.

“And go where?” Ban asked pushing me down again.

“I need to see Soji.” I said and his hand wrapped around my throat. I could feel the pressure he was applying and everything was starting to tunnel.

“Are you trying to piss me off Natsu. Do you think I will let you just run out and find your white whore. Maybe I haven’t been punishing you enough.” He said and I could feel his fingers enter me.

“Stop it.” I tried to get out as I used both of my hands to try and pry his fingers from around my throat. In my weakened state I couldn’t deny Ban anything. He leaned down smashing his mouth to mine forcing his tongue between my teeth.

“Please don’t have gay sex beside me.” a voice I didn’t know spoke and I turned along with Ban to see the boy sitting up. He rubbed at his head before reaching under his bangs and touching his left eye. “What happened to me?” He asked though I was he didn’t think he was going to get an answer.

“If you’re better then leave.” Ban said and the boy looked over at him with a frown on his face.

“Hate people like you.” he noted laying back down and turning on his side. That within itself was impression no one has ever not done what Ban told them to do. Who was he? All I could remember was joining with him and Nero. There was a light then nothing.

“What did you say?” Ban hissed rising to his feet.

“Demons, you’re all the same. So entitled. I hate you all. Where is Nero anyway? I was so close to my bounty this time.”

“You’re a bounty hunter?” I asked sitting up again and he nodded his head. Sighing as he shifted in the bed again.

“Something like that, right now my bounty is Nero. I’m guessing he got away again. How long have I been out. I need to find my sister again.”

“You insolent little fool.” Ban yelled his fangs bared down at the boy who seem fine even though his life was in danger. “Do you have any idea who I am.”

“The Great Demon Ban.” He said yawning as he sat up again looking over at me and Ban. “A wild guess is he’s some kind of demon as well. Save me the world domination speech I have a headache.”

“I will rip you apart limb by limb.” Ban threaten and the boy who yawned again.

“If you wanted to kill me there was no need for you to bring me back here. So what is it that you want with me. I not into boys if that’s your reason.”

“As if you could stop me if I wanted to.” Ban said with a laugh and the boy started to get out of bed but stumbled and had to sit back down.

“Take it easy.” I said jumping out of my own bed. “So what’s your name anyway.”

“People call me Hiro.” He asked and I held out my hand.

“I’m called Zero. Once your back on your feet I will help you find your sister if you want.”

“I don’t need a demon to help me.” He ignored my hand trying to get up again. This time he took it slower getting to his feet and testing the strength of his legs. Once he was happy that he wasn’t going to fall again he started to walk around the room finding his things and gathering them up.

“Don’t be stupid.” I hissed at him. “You’re a human what can you do if someone or thing attacks you in the state you are in right now.”

“What do you get out of it?” He asked me in a snappy tone. “Why would a demon want to help me. Is it my blood you want? If you wanted to kill me you should have done it while I was passed out. If you want anything else from me I have nothing to give.”

“You have a lot to offer.” Ban said grabbing him by the shirt pulling him close to him. “You have a cute face maybe I will just take you.”

“I know magick.” He said and Ban laughed out him. Any magick he knew would be nothing to the Great Demon. I like this kid though. No one spoke to Ban this way. No one was so carefree when it came to their lives. How could he not care if he lived or died? How could anyone except death. I couldn’t it was why I am this way. I saw death true death and I never wanted to feel that pain. Reaching up I touched the ring around my neck and noticed Hiro chewing on the ring he hand in his lip. It was the same ring that had glowed when we linked together. I wondered if it was the same for him. That he was just putting on airs around the demons. If really he was scared for his life.

“Listen this is stupid. So what we are demons. I’m a demon hunter.” I reasoned with him. “I heading out to find a friend if you want to tag along to find your sister thats fine with me.”

“I suppose,” he said going to the door and leaving. I started to gather my things as well before Ban grabbed my arm pushing me unto I fell against the nightstand. He was upon me his hand around my neck again as his black eyes bored into my own.

“We have a promise Zero. You stay with me and I give you the seal of mayhem.”

“I never said you couldn’t come with me Ban.” I said with a smile.

“So I can watch you fond of your white whore.”

“I have to see him” I said with a frown. I reached up touching my head my frown deepening. “I had a memory of him. When he was the Moon God.” I said and Ban sucked his teeth at me.

“I didn’t realized you knew him that long.”

“I couldn’t remember either. I was lost to the haze the whole time I was with him. He seem to be the only clear thing to me during that time. He was so sad, so lonely. I just...I don’t ever want to see him that way again. I don’t ever want Soji to think about death again.”

“How loving,” Ban said and moved closer to me “What of me Natsu? Do I get the same kind of love you offer your whore mage.” I could feel his hand press against me when he asked and I looked at him and nodded.

“I don’t want you in pain either Ban.” I said and leaned in so I could kiss him. “Let’s go Soji is waiting.” I told him and he grabbed my arm as I moved around him. “They will kill him.” Ban said and my heart felt as if it stopped. “The same as I tried for the Day of Night. They will use him for the Day of Light. Only it won’t fail when Wati kills him.”

“I won’t allow it.”

“Surprisingly nor will I. The white whore will be safer at our side until the Day of Light has passed. that way they can’t complete it.”

“Thanks Ban.”

“This isn’t for you or your whore. It’s because if I fail heaven will as well.” Ban said and gave me a smile before he leaned in and pressed his mouth to mines again. Pulling away from him I left out the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 176 28
I'm falling... Falling, helplessly and inevitably; completely at the mercy of the forces dragging me down. Having to trust in an entity's blind inten...
36.4K 1.7K 20
* cannot be read as a stand alone * I hate him. I hate him so much. Why did he have to walk in here and do this to me? Why did he have to walk in h...
113K 4.9K 30
"I was lost in a world of sex and drugs and boys, until he came along. It kind of hit me by surprise, how easily I fell in love with him. To everyone...
2.8K 266 21
"I shouldn't be around you." I could hear the vibration in his chest as he spoke. It sent my heart to a frenzy. I took a deep breath trying to calm m...