CHAPTER FOURTEEN NERO POV

Fourteen

Nero Pov

      I walked into a local bar my eyes scanning the place as I saw all the demon hunters gathered around. Demon hunters were always a sad bunch of saps but this was just the bar I wanted. The silence and sober atmosphere in here was needed. The Grand Master wanted to see me. I owed him nothing but he knew that I would come. Just the fact that I wanted to know why he wanted me would make me go to him.

     I bit my lip tasting blood in my mouth when I did so. I had words for the Grand Master, words that I knew I would choke on when I was in front of him. It unnerved me that so close to the day of light he wanted me to come see him in the heavens. Why this time? What was so different now? Was it because they were trying to bring heaven to earth? Was he going to lock me away in the heavens if the Gods were coming to Earth now.

   “Something must be wrong.” A light voice said and I looked up from my glass of milk to see a boy standing in front of my table. His silver hair was to his lower back, his eyes were pale blue. He was the image of beauty, a face so perfect it was untrustworthy. Link was a demon of lust, he fed off the lust of humans. His looks just another lure for the foolish.

   “How amusing a demon in a demon hunter bar.” I said and he sat down next to me taking my glass and drinking from the straw. I could feel him looking at me trying to lure me into his web of lies. His stare boring into me as he drank half my cup down.

    “Well it is the last place they will look for me.” He said with a laugh. “Beside this is coming from the outlaw that hang with bounty hunters. I am only taking a lesson from the master.” Reaching out he ran long fingers through my golden hair. “The only time you come into these bars are when you are sad. Tell me who upset my Nero and I will slaughter them myself.”

    “Since when I belong to you.” I asked slapping his hand away from me. He only laughed as he leaned back in his chair. Looking around at the humans they didn’t even notice that two non-humans were among them. When I was in the heavens I use to laugh at how stupid the humans were. Now I think they only play dumb to survive. When the doors to hell first opened they did their best to resist the change. To deny what they found. I was already on earth when hell came here. I greeted my friends when they poured out in the thousands.

     “You are extra grumpy today. I can ease your mind if you want me to.” Link spoke his hand rubbing my inner thigh. I ignored his touch knowing that rejection was the best way to get to Link. I would have my fun with him but only on my time. Taking my cup back I looked at him through lashes as I placed my mouth to my straw again. Pouting his pink lips he rolled his eyes turning away from me as he scanned the bar looking for his next target.

   “The Grand Master has called me to see him. Gniew and Aella were sent to tell me.” I said and he stuck his finger in his mouth as if to gag. He probably disliked Gniew and Aella more than I did. Link was one of the first demons to exit hell. Unlike Ban he kept to himself, keeping his head low and his face off the board. Turning to me again he cupped my face in his hand. His human form taking the same age as mine. For a demon he held an innocence to him that was the first thing that drew me to him.

    “You don’t have to go to him. You owe him nothing. He cast you out of the heavens Nero. He took your name and your rank from you. You are the God of Death, he made you some nameless outlaw. I hate him for the pain he caused you. If I could go into the heavens I would take his head for you.”

    “You’re way too passionate about this Link.” I told him moving his hand from me. “I need to know, I want to find out why he called me.” I answered my mind made my decision final. Link sighed shaking his head as he slumped in his car.

    “It’s probably a trap.” He told him and I nodded. I would bet the lives of the people I hold dear it was one. However it was a trap I would have to fall for. I looked at Link again reaching my hand out so that I could grab his chin.

     “Do me a favor?” I asked him and he nodded already agreeing without knowing what said favor was. “Protect Zero for me while I’m gone. Don’t get in Ban’s way and don’t allow Ban to kill Soji again.”

     “You already know I can’t go against Lord Ban.” Link said and I nodded my head leaning in so that my lips were inches away from Link’s.

    “Just stay at Zero’s side until I come back make sure he doesn’t go back to hell. Make sure he doesn’t die.” I said and Link moved forward closing the space between us. His lips were soft when they touched mine. Yielding to his wishes I parted my lips so that his tongue could slip into my mouth.

   Running my fingers through his hair I held him closer to me. Tilting my head so that I could get a better angle and deepen our kiss. I would never use the words love when it came to how I felt about anything. I was however fond of Link, he much like Ban has always been there when I needed a friend. So funny that it was demons that stood beside me in my darkest hours and not the Gods that I have been raised with.

   Pulling back from the kiss I gave Link a slight smile. He moved from his chair to my lap straddling me as he licked the side of my face. I wrapped a hand around his waist so that I could hold on to him. Sticking my tongue out Link titled my head back so that he could suck it. Running my hand up his shirt I frowned as I felt our table become surrounded. Pulling back Link eyes scanned the humans that were around use. I could smell the magick in them.

    “Can we help you?” Link said his sugar sweet tone normally enough to get him in and out of anything.

     “We don’t have sissy in this bar.” The ringleader said and I smiled at his choice of words.

    “They let you in didn’t they.” I countered and Link snickered at him.

    “What did you say to me faggot?” He yelled and Link stood up the man was taller then him but Link was short, probably Soji’s height give or take an inch. He was nothing to fear if you went on looks alone  then again neither was Kazuki, Ban or Pai. When it comes to demons the less threatening they look the more deadly they turned out to be.

   “You have something against me and my friend?” Link asked I could feel the shift inside of him going from the sweet loveable boy to what he truly were. Lust demons were not to be played with. They enjoyed the slow kill they could actually fuck you to death if they choice. I knew that Link was more of the blood now sex later type.

    “We don’t serve cock suckers in here. Why don’t you and your butt buddy get out of here. I don’t want you tainting the glasses that I drink out of.” Holding my hand out my eyes went black with my powers. “First the demons now the fairies are trying to take over.”

   “Well Link I must say this is a new one.” I said smiling. “It’s been over two hundred years since someone disliked me for be a queer.” I used the term to show him that it held no effect over me. Words were just words. If words win wars a lot less people would be dead. Not to mention they would be boring.  However the wrong words said to the wrong person has started wars.

   “You freak I thought I told you to get out of my bar.” He said and I closed my hand making him clench at his heart and drop to his knees.

   “You shouldn’t hate us because we like boys you foolish little man. You should fear us because we aren’t human and blood is sport.”

    “No,” Link said when I went to end his sad little life. “Death is too good for him. I will show him what it means to be a cock sucker.” Link kneel down grabbing the man by the neck. His held his mouth a hair’s breath away as he blew into the mans face. I watched as his eyes glazed over and he crawled to his friend.

   “What are you doing?” The other man yelled trying to push him away as he grabbed his pants and pulled them from his waist. “Stop it, get a hold of yourself.” His friend begged him as he took the other man into his mouth and started to suck. Link smiled blew his aurora into the air. All around us people started to kiss and kissing quickly turned into sex until we were the only ones in the bar still fully dressed.

   “Still should have killed him.” I said as the doors to the bar slammed opened. I frowned as I saw the single most annoying person in my life. A human bounty hunter that didn’t know how to quit. I killed his sister when he was ten and for the last eight years he been coming after me. Promising to take my head and collect the reward on it. If I didn’t know what the future held in store for him already I would have slaughtered the brat a long time again.

   Short blue hair as light as the sky cover his head. His eyes the left eye was dark green nearly black. It was dark and it showed me all of the evil and malice in this world. The right eye was covered by his bangs as if he was trying to hide it from the world. It was unsettling that left eye of his. When I first saw him as a child I wondered about his eyes but I never allowed him to know just how interested in them I was.

   “NERO!” He yelled as two girls ran in the bar behind him. His younger sister and some other girl he knew were always at his side vowing to kill me with him. “I found you at last.” He said and I smiled as Link looked from me to the boy.

   “It only took you four months this time Hiro. You’re getting better.” I mocked him with a slight smile on my face. He let out a low growl as his younger sister pulled on his shirt tail.

    “Don’t you see me working.” He hissed at her looking back as her little face was red. She pointed at the room around them. A room Hiro had been to blinded to see when he first entered. His face went beet red when he took in the sight of the activities of the barmates. “Return them to normal now.” He threatened me and I shrugged my shoulders.

   “As much as I would love to listen to you it’s not in my power.”

   “Who is he?” Link asked a pout on his face as he held onto my arm.

   “An important piece to the puzzle.” I answered and Link frowned as he looked at the Hiro again. I could feel the jealousy rise in the lust demon. “He much like Zero isn’t to be touched.” I warned Link and he stomp smiled littling at the other girl that was with Hiro.

   “Enjoy the show kid.” Link told him appearing behind the girl he laid his hand over her privates and just as Hiro went to swing at him he was at my side again. The girl looked at Hiro the glaze that the others in the bar had now in her eyes. “It will wear off in two hours.” Link told him as she grabbed his shirt trying to kiss him.

   “Get off of me.” His hissed fighting her away as Link pulled me out the back door. We stumbled into the back alley and he pushed me against the wall. Getting on his tiptoes he pressed his mouth to mine and I grabbed his waist kissing him back.

  Sinking down to his knees I leaned back against the wall as Link unfasten my pants. Wasting no time he took me in his mouth bobbing his head up and down I moved my hips to meet his mouth. Freeing himself from his own pants Link stroked himself as he continued to suck me. Standing again he kissed me as I pushed him against the wall. Reaching down I grabbed a hold of him moving my hand he moved his against me.

  Moaning softly we both reached our limits at the same time unloading in each other hands. I kissed Link once more not ready to leave him yet. He wrapped his arms around me holding me to him as he rested his head against my shoulder.

   “You don’t have to go to him.” He whispered almost too soft for me to hear. I stroked his head once more before I pulled away from him fixing my clothes. I cupped his face in my hands and lightly kissed his lips.

  “Watch over him for me.” I reminded him and Link nodded as I moved away shoving my hands in my pocket and walking down the alley until I removed myself from this plane and went to the next.