CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Chapter Twenty-Five

Hiro and I sat on the dresser of the hotel room watching as the others bickered about what to do next. The demons wanted to take the fight to the Order to get it over with in a final woo-ra. The humans wanted to wait it out make it to the place before the Order lay a trap play it smart as if their lives depended on it.

I think either side would have been fine with either plan had Ban and Soji not been the ones to suggest them. Passing the cigarette over to Hiro he took a drag off it before passing it back to me. The joy of seeing Rai alive and kicking had faded and now it was this. The war before the war I called it.

“How do you stomach them?” Hiro asked me and I looked over at him. There was many things that I didn’t understand about him. He had to be the hardest person to read never showing what he was really thinking. Not even a blink of his eyes giving away his true thoughts. He didn’t seem to like people human or demons.

“Shouldn’t you be looking for your sister.” I said and he blew smoke up to the ceiling.

“That was the plan.” He said and I nodded my head. “I can’t do that yet though. I have a debt to pay now.” I raised an eyebrow as Hiro took another drag holding the smoke in his mouth for a moment before he puffed it out. “You saved my life didn’t you. What kind of person would I be if I didn’t return that life.”

“You don’t have to pay me back for that. Of course I was going to save you.”

“Why? You don’t even know me.” Hiro said reaching up and touching his left eye. “All of this talking gives me a headache.” Jumping down his moment seem to catch everyone attention. “Wake me up when you know what you’re doing.” Walking through the door to the join room the others watched him before I shook my head.

“Why don’t we just do both.” I suggested. “Half of us can go ahead and set the traps the other half can wait along the path hit them head on. That way you two can stop bitching like children and we can do something. The day of Light is tomorrow. We don’t have time for you two to fight over who has the bigger dick.” I said

“Of course not we already know mine is bigger.” Ban said and I rolled my eyes.

“Well I’m fine with breaking off in teams.” Soji said moving across the room towards me. He stood beside me grabbing my hand. “Zero is on my team.”

“Sure if that team happen to be leading the assault.” Ban said and walking over and grabbing my other hand. Yanking away from the both of them I folded my arms across my chest.

“I’m not on either of your teams. I’m taking Hiro and Fang and we are going to scout ahead and tell you all where the order is. If we do this smart then we all will live to see tomorrow.” I said “Everyone get some rest we have a huge day ahead of us.” I said and they all nodded starting to move around going this way and that.

Leaving out the hotel I found a bench and sat down on looking up at the sky. It was a starless night, hot and stiff. The air wouldn’t stir and if I needed to breath I could have swore I would suffocate. My eyes cut to the side when I saw Aayden walking towards me. My lips pulling back as I growled at him.

“Just hear me out.” He said holding his hands up. Even if he couldn’t truly die I would enough killing him. It seem that we both had the rest of forever to do such a thing. I watched him as he shifted from foot to foot in front of me. I waited wanting to know what reason anyone could have to sell their family. “I’m sorry Zero.” He started and I growled again. It was much too late for apologies, about two hundred years too late.

“I don’t want some half hearted sorry. You wasn’t sorry when you were selling us. You wasn’t  sorry when Ban was slaughtering us. When you came back to that house and ran from me. You wasn’t sorry when you allowed him to kill your wife. When you gave up whatever humanity you might have had for a chance to live forever. I shiver to think what because of your daughter.”