CHAPTER TWELVE

Twelve (unedited)

        I stood on a bridge looking out into river that flowed under me. Soji and the others were in a restaurant not far from me eating. Blake had went off in search of his own dinner. Three days ago Soji’s dad sent him to the Lost Temple. It was a three week trip to go to an abandoned temple to find a make believe book.

     The Book of Life was what the Order of Chaos was after. The book was rumored to have the powers to bring the dead back to life. To waken the false gods and even make a heaven on earth. I didn’t believe that this book could do any of those things. What did I know though. Two hundred years ago I didn’t believe demons were real. What worried me most was what did Soji’s group plan to do with this book. Anytime I asked him he told me he didn’t know. The way he frowned and wondered just as much as I did led me to believe he was telling the truth.

   I didn’t need to know their plan to know that the book was bad news. First the sword now this book. I had a knot in my gut telling me to bail while I could. I just couldn’t do that though. I couldn’t leave Rai and Soji to face some unknown evil, most likely some demon, while I sipped beer and smoked. I pulled out a cigarette lighting up and inhaling the toxin. The one thing I wouldn’t touch as a human brought me comfort oddly as a demon.

   I leaned over the rail looking into the water as I smoked. I didn’t fear falling in, I wasn’t sure why not. Even a demon could fall into a river. This river was calm though, it was gentle. I felt if I fell in it would reject me. Nero words were still playing in my mind. How he seem so protective of me. How he seem so sure I was made for greatness.

   Closing my eyes my human memories were slowly coming back to me the last two days of my life playing out in full details. From skipping school to my death they were so real in my mind that I couldn’t question them. That there was no way to deny them. Blake turned into a demon the day before I had and I never had a clue. I didn’t have time to worry or mourn the lost of my friend. I never mourned the lost of anyone.

       My eyes had snapped open the pain in my head was slightly lessen a red headed handsome man with black eyes sat at the edge of the bed I was in. His hand were rubbing their way up and down my chest and I couldn’t deny that I enjoyed the way his touch felt. I sat up slowly and he looked at me. Reaching out he grabbed my chin between his thumb and index finger planting a kiss upon my lips.

    “You’ve awaken at last Natsu.” His voice was smooth and luring.

     “Who...who are you?” I stumbled with my words as I looked at him. He smiled pushing me so that I had to lay back on the bed I was in. Climbing on top of me I was pinned to the bed. I thought about fighting back but his lips touched mine again. My lips parted, my mouth yield to his. There was a thought trying to form in my head but then the red headed man touched my crotch and all thoughts melted away.

   My head was still pulsing from the beating I took. The man with the blue eyes were still out there somewhere. Blake was as well, I needed to get to him I needed to help Blake out. The stranger placed his mouth around my lower half and I gasped. His head bobbed up and down and his hands yanked my pants off. What was up with this day? First I was skipping class with Blake now I was getting blown by a stranger. I knew I needed him to stop needed to get somewhere, needed to do something. It felt to go though. The way his tongue moved around me felt as if I was going to bust at any second.

    Once my pants and underwear were discarded his fingers found their way inside of me. I hissed out a sharp breath from the pain I felt. His eyes smiled up at me as if he enjoyed my pain. Who was here? The man who wasn’t God, that was all I knew about him. He moved his fingers in and out and the pain slightly lessen as I was overwhelmed with a new feeling. An intense pleasure radiated through my being and I moaned out. At the same time my release came and the red headed stranger swallowed all of it. He moved his mouth away from me but his fingers stayed where they were.

    “Who are you?” I asked as  took his fingers from me and pulled off his own shirt. I admired his body for a moment as he pulled his pants off as well. He rubbed himself against my hole and I shook my head no. “Please, tell me who you are. Why am I here?” I asked as he shoved into me. My mind went blank from the pain. It felt as if he had ripped me in two. He didn’t give me a moment to process just started to move inside of me. I moaned as he quickened his pace. This was insane, it was madness. I was having sex with someone I didn’t know.

    He saved my life probably but did that mean I had to repay him like this. I could see a beautiful ring around a chain on his neck. I watched the chain as it bounced against his chest each time he thrusted. Leaning down to my ear I could feel his lips brush against them.

   “I will make you mine, now and forever Natsu.” He told me and I moaned as he thrusted harder as his hips moved faster. My head went back as I enjoyed the feel of him in me. I could feel it building the release of us both was quickly coming. I gasped as we unloaded at the same time. Pulling away from me I laid in the bed looking at the stranger with me.

   “Ban,” I whispered a name that I had never known before.

    My eyes opened again when I felt arms around around me. I pushed away turned around to see Ban smiling at me. I frowned when I saw him the new memory I had just gained fresh in my mind. I had known him before that night. He had saved me, it didn’t make sense. If Ban wanted to kill me he could have done it there. He could left me for dead.

    “Why,” I asked not turning to look at him. “Why didn’t you kill me that day? Why did you save me Ban?” My voice rose with each question as I turned around at last. “Why didn’t you let me die?”

     “You weren’t meant for death.” Ban said reached out and laying his hand on the side of my face. “You were made for so much more than just being a weak and worthless human. I couldn’t have killed you that day. You did want to live enough.”

    “You could have changed me. You could have left my family out of this. My mother, my sister, my father. They could have lived Ban.”

    “Life and power isn’t given it’s taken. Without their deaths you would have never taken what was yours. Without it you would burn so brightly with this hatred.” He used his other hand to push my waist against the rail. Leaning down he went to kiss me but I turned away from her. Licking at my neck refusing him had never stopped Ban before. “Where is your white whore?” Ban asked and I shook my head not willing to tell him where Soji was.

     “Safe,” I said and Ban tongue trace patterns on my skin and I shuddered against him. I could feel his hand rubbing against my lower half and I grabbed his wrist to stop him before I started to feel the effects of having Ban so close to me. “What do you want?” I hissed and he grabbed my hair yanking my head back forcefully. A few people walking past stopped and looked at the two of us. Ban bared his fangs at them and they hurried away. Normal people were never going to but themselves between a demon and some random stranger.

    “I want you to lighten up for starters.” Ban said pulling my hair more as he shoved his free hand into my pants. I gasped when Ban hand wrapped around me. My eyes fluttering to the top of my head. “That’s more like it,” Ban said rubbing his hand against me. “You’re always more agreeable when you’re being touched. I growled at him but his hand felt to go to move away.

   “Zero,” Soji yelled and I pushed Ban away as I looked to see the others walking over to us. Fang frowned when he saw the great demon as did Akabane. Blake gave him a slight grin then looked at me.

   “Naughty boy Zero.” Blake said and I rolled my eyes.

   “Get away from Zero.” Soji hissed at him his sword in his hand. I could see the anger and jealousy in his eyes. Could see his hand quack with silent rage. He raised his sword and I knew that Soji and Ban fighting could only end badly.

    “It is unbecoming of a white mage to rush in a senseless battle.” Nero was standing next to Soji his small wrist in Nero’s hand. “Fight when you are thinking clearly. A demon, even one like Zero isn’t worth your life.”

    “You grace us with your presence oh wise one.” Ban laughed and Nero released Soji and smiled at Ban. “To what do I own the honor.”

    “I have been looking everywhere for you Ban. You are one hard demon to get ahold of. I was one lonely night away from summoning you.” Nero said and I looked from him to Ban. One lonely night, I wondered if the two of them were together. Ban said he loved me once. What was love to a demon though.

     “Why would you look for this fend?” Soji asked Nero and he rubbed the top of the younger boy’s head.

    “To stop the madness your father is about to do.” Nero said and Soji shook his head no.

   “My father is gathering ancient objects to keep them out of the hands of demons. After what he,” he paused to point at Ban who only smiled slightly. “Tried to pull I am more then happy to be his arm and get these things for him.”

   “This is why humans annoy me.” Ban said his hands on his hips as he shook his head. “So cute that you believe everything your father tells you. Even after what I did do you still believe you are human. I’ve never known a human to raise from the grave. Well at none that was still there true self.” Ban said his eyes moving to me when he spoke.

     “The Gods saw that I was pure,” Ban started to laugh loud and rudely before Soji could finish. “The Gods love me so they saved me.”

    “The Gods are idiots. Hints why they allow a whore to be a white mage.”

    “I am not a whore.” Soji yelled his body giving out a harsh white light that even Ban had to glance away from.

   “Easy,” Nero warned him touching Soji’s chest as his light sucked into Nero’s body. “Ban you and I have business to tend to. Let us leave so they can continue on their treasure hunt.” Nero said walking away from all of us. His hands being shoved into his pocket his shoulder hunched over as if he had no care in the world. I couldn’t understand that man. I don’t think I ever will.

   “I will return for you,” Ban said grabbing my chin and making me look him in the eyes. Those black eyes had never changed. They were always so deep, so dark, so unchanging. “When I do your white whore better not be around.” He said kissing me on the mouth twisting his tongue around mine before he pulled away. “Have fun Natsu.” He said my human name as he walked to follow behind Nero.

    “I hate that guy.” Soji said and Rai looked over at him.

    “Well he did stab you,” she remarked and Soji just rolled his eyes at her.

    “Come on we are losing daylight.” I told them walking over and grabbing Soji’s hand as I pulled him back to the car with me. Ban was an asshole I knew that already. But with my human memories slowly returning to me. I didn’t understand them though. I knew Ban before that night. If I knew him why would I have let him in. I shook my head shaking the thoughts from them. I couldn’t worry over the past. I had to do what was in front of me now. We would get the book and then, then we go from there.