Dark Moon [Complete]

By Kyords

Kyle is the Alpha of the White Shadow Pack. For years, he searched for his mate and never found her. When he... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 6

34.9K 1.2K 110
By Kyords

*** Two years later ***

Two years had pass flying. Emily had two close friends, Laura and Brandon. Even when she played most of the time with them, she continued to ask her mother to call Kyle to play with her. He usually went to her house when they made a barbecue in their garden. Tonight, he had been invited to have dinner, just the five of them.

Kyle was heading to Emily's house. Emily was now six years old and he couldn't be happier to see her grow and enter school. Now she would learn new things about the world and the history of werewolves.

He arrived just as Matthew took of the lasagna from the oven. It smelled delicious. He wished he could cook like that. Carol and Emily were upstairs and Jackson was in the living room playing some video game.

"Hey Kyle! How are you?" Matt asked setting the table in their dinning room for them to eat.

"Good. I passed my day changing some training schedules. I think I will talk to the gym teacher to give some fighting classes at school so we can see potential warriors." He said leaning against the wall.

Suddenly, a strong different scent reached his nostrils. His wolf reacted immediately. He knew what that meant, Emily and her wolf had connected. Now she would start having new abilities like running faster, smelling better and seeing better too. He smiled but he knew that for that to happen so early, she had to have alpha blood in her. Betas and Alphas were the first to establish the bond and the others followed behind at age of nine or later. Jackson had bonded too but he was almost nine.

Matthew looked around sensing the same thing as Kyle. They locked eyes and they knew they were thinking the same thing. The rogues that attacked that night had a mission, to kill or kidnap the baby for what she was. Most certainly, if her parents were still alive and hadn't run away from her formal pack, she would have been the next Alpha. That made both men worried.

Carol was helping Emily with her homework when she sensed her daughter still. She looked at her with worried eyes. Then, her scent intensified.

"Emily..." She said her voice soft to not scare her.

Emily looked at her mother.

"I think I have someone telling me that I am bad at math..." She said her voice tiny.

"That's your wolf honey. And you are only beginning to study mathematics. Come, let's go have dinner. I think Kyle arrived."

At the sound of Kyle's name, she ran downstairs. Carol didn't know if it was for the mate bond, but her daughter was always happy to see him.

Emily went to the kitchen and threw herself at Kyle's arms.

"Here is my trouble maker!!" He said laughing at her excitement. He placed a kiss on her forehead. Every time she was in his arms, he and his wolf felt at peace.

"I'm not a trouble maker..." She said unsure of the verify of her words. He chuckled with amusement.

Emily remembered what her mother had said moments ago.

"I found my wolf!" She yelled making their sensitive ears hurt a little.

"Yes you have. Now tell me about your school, your friends. I want to know everything." Kyle said placing her at the table, while the others followed behind.

"You found your wolf? How? Why mine only showed himself a couple of weeks ago? Is mine lazy?" Jackson asked. The adults remained quiet.

I'm not lazy... His wolf wined.

"Every wolf bonds with the human soul at their right time. It doesn't mean your's is lazy, Jackson. Now Emily, tell me about your school." Kyle replied, trying to end the conversation.

"I like it a lot. The teacher is nice and I love history. Laura and Brandon are my best friends." She said oblivious at Kyle's hand tightening the fork with too much force.

"Who is Brandon?" He asked trying to sound casually. Inside he was boiling. God, so much for controlling his emotions and he felt like this. He had to remind himself that she was young and he wanted the best for her, even if she preferred to be with someone else. The problem was that his wolf was against that idea. He took a deep breath to control the beast inside of him.

"He is a boy from my class. He is cute and I think he likes me. He grabbed my hand once and gave me his desert." She continued, not paying attention to Kyle's face.

A growl was heard and she lifted her head to see where it came from. It was powerful and it seemed angry.

Carol gave Kyle a glare, warning him to control his temper before she threw him out of her house, and turned to her daughter.

"It's nice sweety but remember that someday you will find your mate." She said trying to ease Kyle's emotions with her words.

Emily frowned.

"I know but maybe he is my mate." She replied. Kyle let out another growl, his eyes turning darker. He was trying to control his wolf but it was getting harder. Matthew rose from the table.

"Honey I forgot something in the kitchen. Kyle can you help me search for it?" He asked sternly.
Kyle went with him without a word. He knew Matt and Carol were right, he was being stupid and childish.

"What is wrong with you!?!? Is normal that she has friends, boys or girls, and it's normal to like them. Carol liked you till she met me and I bet you liked other girls before you lay eyes on Emily." Matthew spoke, hoping his words would enter Kyle's thick head.

"You are right. Wait... Carol liked me?" Kyle asked surprised.

Matt growled.
"Yes but she liked you, as in the past, and now, present, she loves me. She is mine." He said seriously but his lips turned up into a smile.

Kyle chuckled.

A minute passed and they grew serious. They had discovered something more about Emily and it was not good. Her life could be, in fact, in danger.

"We have to find out what pack Emily came from. I don't want someone to take her away or kill her." Kyle said what was on their minds.

"We will. I won't let my baby girl get hurt. Now, are you more collected so we can return to finish dinner?" Matt looked at his Alpha to make sure it was safe to return to the table. Kyle nodded.

The men returned to the dinning room. The rest of the dinner went smooth, without more growls from Kyle.

Carol had heard them talk while they were in the kitchen, and she was worried, but she put her best blank face on.
After finished eating, they all went to the living room to play some family games. They ended up playing the kids version of trivial, which caused Jackson to complain all the time. Emily and Kyle were a team while Carol teamed up with her son. Matthew was left alone, without a partner.

"It's not fair!! I want to be with you, Em!" He complained.

"But it would not be fair. Kyle would lose quickly." She explained.

"Hey!! I'm really good playing trivial..." Kyle defended himself.

"Oh yeah? Then tell me... movie 'Frozen' by Disney... what is the story about?" She asked, a smile playing on her lips.

Kyle frowned, deep in thought.

"People that freeze to death in Antarctica?" He asked, hoping that he had the right answer.

Emily gave him a look that told him he didn't know anything at all. Carol shook her head.

"See daddy? He would lose and you watch all movies with me. You know enough to give the right answers." She said, her eyes full of knowledge.

"Yes, maybe you are right." Matthew chuckled.

"Ok, ok. If you want, tomorrow I can pass by and watch that movie with you, Emily." Kyle said.

"Yes!!" She yelled.

"Don't yell, honey." Carol reprimanded.

"Sorry mommy..."

They started playing and each time, a question of movies was asked to them, Emily would put her little hand in his mouth to present him from answering the wrong thing. That made Kyle laugh. It was a good evening for all of them. After the children went to bed, Kyle returned to his home, summoning Marc and Luke to tell them about Emily's Alpha blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 6K 59
Crystal Adams had a teenage crush on Kyle Jensen. It turned to love the day she realized he was her mate. But before she could tell him, she discover...
24.9K 676 50
Kathy lost her mate of over seventeen years in a rogue attack. After two years she, her mother and son relocate to a new pack hoping for a fresh star...
405 6 7
As a half-human, Ensley's family led her to believe that she would never have a wolf as a true mate. However, in the middle of her marking ceremony t...
468 5 48
Claire always dreamt on having a normal life but never had one. She grew up in a small town but moved to a city when she was ten with her stepmom and...