Prince with Benefits

By gabycabezut

**Unedited, messy & with lots of mistakes. But you will still swoon if you give it a chance lol (but you've b... More

Prince with benefits
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two Part One
Chapter Twenty-Two Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six (part one)
Chapter Twenty-Six (part two)
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six Part One
Chapter Thirty-Six part two
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Epilogue
A Prince's Point of View
Getting Hitched
Expecting the Unexpected...
Bonus Chapter - Brought to you by H&M
New books + Audiobook teaser!
New Story Alert! Of Darkness & Light

Chapter Thirty

1.6M 35.9K 4.3K
By gabycabezut

"SERIOUSLY EMILY?" Kate's blue eyes sent daggers my way as my stupid best-friend was still laughing his ass about the whole thing.

You are so paying for this, Scott. You just wait.

"Oh, for God's sake! Loosen up, Kate!"

She scowled at me as she grabbed the bowl of cereal and dropped it with most of its contents on the sink. Then she turned to me and with both hands on her hips, she muttered, "you better clean the kitchen AND living room today, Em!"

I rolled my eyes as I moved my hand in a shooing motion. She stormed out of the room still fuming.

"That was so funny! Her face while she was grabbing the spoon was epic!" My lips twitched at Hugh's breathless comments.

I had to admit it.

It was fun.

After he finally sobbed down, Hugh grabbed a mug and helped himself to some coffee, "I like him..."

"You may have mentioned it a few times yesterday" I smiled to myself as I took a sip of my own steamy cup.

"I'm glad you called him" Hugh took a seat by me, "I mean, it's kind of mental that he came back at three am..." he shook his head, "he really cares about you, you know?"

I sighed, "I do..."

And as much as I've tried not to...I care about him, too...

Like scary too...

After a few seconds in silence, I turned to watch him in his grey pants and black shirt outfit, "Don't leave, Hugh...I miss you like crazy!" I pouted at him.

He snorted, "you've been too occupied to actually miss me, missy!"

Rolling my eyes, I shoved him playfully with my shoulder,"you know what I mean!"

Hugh shrugged, "well, who knows? I'd be closer to Chris...at least we would be in the same continent..." he muttered somewhat annoyed.

Smiling, I passed an arm on his shoulders, "that's the spirit, mate!"

We both burst out laughing. After a few seconds, Hugh added, "Man...if you are going to be so happy every morning, then, by all means, call your prince for a late shag every night!"

Blushing like crazy, I slapped him on the back of his head, "moron" I muttered while I stood up with the empty mug on my right hand. I left it on the sink and pretty much ran up the stairs to take a bath and get ready for work as my alleged friend laughed his ass off.

"You still love me!" Hugh shouted from the kitchen as I climbed up the stairs.

Snorting, I shouted back, "Barely!" But the smile on my face wouldn't disappear at all.

The rest of the morning passed in a blur. I got to work with Lady whatever and tried to get my opinion heard once or twice but all she did was nod to me and faked a smile at me. I was actually getting pissed at the whole thing.

The fact that I hadn't got much sleep over the whole weekend was getting on my nerves. Also the tiny elephant on the room where my father was concerned...

The cherry on the icing had to be the fact that I was still freaking out about what things would change between us. I wanted to be with Scott, whatever that implied, but I wanted to go slow...like no public appearances and sort...it was just a bit too much to handle at the moment.

But I wasn't sure what actually being with him implied...and it was really scary...so scary that I dropped the thought at the bottom of my mind and occupied myself during work to not think about that.

Not that it actually worked much...

My mind was pretty much racing at all times. For once, I was ecstatic about actually being able to go out with him on public, but on another stance, I was terrified of the paparazzi or the people's opinion...I mean, what if they didn't like me...let's be completely honest here, it's not that my brain actually worked while Scott was around. It had an annoying tendency to shut down at the most inappropriate moments. Add the fact that I would be more nervous and it could be recipe to disaster...

I stepped out of the small office taking a deep breath since I was about to burst out and send everyone to hell. Thankfully, it was lunch hour, so I decided to walk for a few blocks to get away from them and just breathe for a moment.

While I was walking, I grabbed my phone absentmindedly and texted Hugh to meet me for lunch, if he was close, but as I was sending the message, my Dad's face popped in the screen.

Groaning, I pressed the green button as I rolled my eyes, "Yes?"

"Hi, sweetie. I just finished a meeting on Covent Garden, would you like to get some lunch?"

"I'm..." I looked around since I pretty much just walked out of the building and didn't look where I was going...again...

Jeez...I really have to start paying attention at where I'm going...

"at some park" I tilted my head and a small smile played on my lips, as I remembered the first time I got 'lost' in the UK. I was about to ask someone my location, when I read a large sign on the corner of the street.

St. James's Park.

I was really close to the Buckingham Palace.

Coincidence, much?

More like stalkerish...

"There's a Starbucks on Palmer Street, would you meet me there? I know how much you love their coffee..."

I sighed, "yeah, I'll meet you there..." when I find how to get there...good thing the cellphones have a GPS now days. After walking for almost twenty minutes, I found the said coffee and my steps instinctively slowed down...

I really didn't want to do this...

Even as I slowed my pace, the length was too short and I got to the glass doors in no time. It was as if the more I slowed my pace, the lengthiest my feet took me. It was quite frustrating, to be honest.

 Sighing, I pushed the handle. At once my nostrils were attacked with the bitter aroma of coffee. I loved that strong, bitter smell. Closing my eyes for a split of a second, I enjoyed the smell as I took a deep breath and relaxed my shoulders.

Dad was already there. He was sitting on an olive sofa near the counter. He was absentmindedly turning the page to a newspaper when his eyes met mine. I couldn't help to notice the dark circles under his eyes, or the fact that his hair looked hoary. My heart hammered inside my chest as I slowly walked to him with a strong sense of sadness dwelling inside of me.

He was my father, after all...

We had always been really close. After Mom left, he was everything to me...

"Hi" I barely whispered the words as he stood up to hug me. His arms encircled me but I was stiff as a board. I just didn't feel like it...

Awkward seconds passed and he finally pushed back. I could see the pain and hurt flash on his brown eyes, but he managed to compose himself in a second.

"How are you sweetie? You look great!" A small smile played on his lips.

My eyes travelled down. I was wearing dark denim jeans and a striped colorful sweater underneath my grey coat. I was ok. Not a complete fashion disaster. I think...

After ordering my much needed coffee, accompanied with a slice of marble pound cake, I took a seat in front of him.

"Are you happy, Emily?"

Settling the paper cup on the table, I looked at him.

Was I happy?

I was in the last country I ever thought I'd be.

 I was terrified.

I was clueless.

I had the lousiest job ever.

My ex boyfriend showed up at my door last night.

But then...

...a cinnamon-musky smell came to mind...

...the darkest chocolate eyes stared at me...

...strong hands caressed me as if I was the most precious thing in the world...

And I just knew...

That I was.

I was happy...

I was the happiest I've ever been...

A wide smile played on my lips as I nodded, "I am."

Dad's eyes sparkled for a moment and a sincere smile spread on his lips, "I'm glad...you deserve it, honey..."

My smile faltered as I heard my father's deep voice. For a moment, I had forgotten where I was and more importantly, who I was talking to.

"I do." My voice was cold, making my father flinch.

"Look Emily, I'm really sorry about it all, I wanted to tell you-"

"You did?" I asked sarcasm dripping on every word, "In the last three years that we lived together, you never had a chance to actually tell me the reason behind my mother's absence?"

Dad hung his face in shame. He closed his eyes for a second, "you have every reason to be angry at me, Emily."

An empty laugh left my lips, "I'm not angry, Dad. Pissed would be an understatement..."

He narrowed his eyes at me, "watch that mouth, young lady. You've never spoke to me like that."

I leaned closer to him. "Well you lost my respect the minute you brought that slut to live with me." I was pissed. I was absolutely furious at the whole thing. All my anger from the moment I found Sam and Sonya together was pent up in this moment. "You brought her to live under my roof, to sleep at my mother's bed in less than six months. And I found out from my mother, which I refused to visit for three years because I was stupidly mad at her." I breathed deep, trying to control the volume of my voice. I closed my eyes and added "you knew how I felt about her and you knew how much it had hurt. Yet you never told me the truth."

I leaned back, "you don't get to ask me about respect..." My eyes were teary from the sadness and anger that I felt were constricting my chest. But most of all, I was disappointed.

My father had been a complete coward.

He knew it.

I knew it.

But I never expected it.

Not from him.

I took a deep breath and sipped my coffee. The man that was sitting in front of me, the man that once had meant the world to me, was completely speechless. His breath was ragged and I could see that he was crumbling underneath. It was not a pretty sight; it was actually a bitter one. But we both knew that I had only voiced the truth.

He cleared his throat, but his voice was still shaky, "You're right. I cannot deny it. I did dread the day that you would ever find out" his hazel brown eyes gazed at me hopelessly, "we both know how unforgiving you are" he ran a hand through his grey hair, "but you have to know that I love you, Emily. I was too scared about how you would react. I had lost your Mom; I didn't want to lose you..."

"And yet you replaced her quite fast..." I muttered under my breath. He heard me and sighed.

"I'm sorry, Emily...there's not much I can say or do about it right now...just know that I'm deeply sorry about it..." After a few seconds of awkward silence, he added "I know it won't fix things, but I'm getting a divorce."

"Good for you, I guess...you're getting rid of those leeches..." A small smile played on my father's lips.

"Leeches is the best definition for them" He said as he shook his head.

My lips twitched a bit for a moment. Dad noticed and took that as a good sign, because he relaxed his stance a little bit.

"I have a proposition for you." He said in his deep business-like voice.

I stared at him for a second in silence. What on earth could he propose to me?

"About?" I pinched the corner of the bread and brought it to my mouth.

"I want to open an office here in London. And I want you to run it."

Deep down, I was actually happy about it. I had worked at his company from the bottom, meaning that I had earned my position with long hours of working my ass off to actually get a good job. And I had loved it.

Being stuck with Lady Pompous was starting to get on my nerves. The woman was too egocentric to actually care about other's opinions and she pretty much worked around a tight circle of friends. The perks of actually don't needing to work on the first place...But I was too proud to ever admit that. Mostly to my father.

"I already have a job."

An amused smile played on his lips. He knew me really well. I assume that he already talked to Lady whatever and had a pretty good idea at how things worked around her. "But" he grabbed his steamy mug and added smugly "you signed a contract."

I narrowed my eyes at him at the same time I wanted to actually jump and make a happy dance. But I stayed quite composed, not showing any emotion at all.

Damn. Why couldn't I act like this around Scott?

Because around him you tend to not think at all...

"It hardly seems like a proposition at all, Dad."

He chuckled. All previous tension forgotten. For the moment being. "I guess it's not."

A small relieved smile played on my lips. Seeing him in pain wasn't pretty at all. I shrugged, "Ok. I was going to quit my job, anyway."

Dad laughed, "I bet you were!"

"Hugh's in it, you know?" He raised a knowing eyebrow at me, "I talked to him an hour ago and he accepted it immediately."

Oh, I bet he did.

"It's settled, then. When do I start?"

"Next week. I'm looking at some real state to actually locate the office there." He peeked at his cell phone, "I have an appointment in fifteen minutes." His hazel eyes watched me warily, "I'd love if you came with me..."

My whole body stiffened. I wasn't ready to go back to work with him as if nothing had happened. Because it did. And I was still hurt by it all...

I shook my head. All smile forgotten. "I don't think it's a good idea..." I trailed.

Dad sighed, "Just know that I love you, Emily. I know that I hurt you, but you are my little princess and I'll always love you..."

My eyes watered again. "I know Dad" I whispered, "just give some time...I'm still-"

"Hurt" he finished for me.

"More like disappointed..." I knew my words would cause him more pain that what he was actually feeling. But it was just the truth...

"I hope that one day you can forgive me." His voice cracked and I could tell that he was trying really hard to look somewhat composed.

On instinct, I grabbed his hand, "I don't have to forgive you, Dad. It's not me who you hurt the most." I sighed as he squeezed my hand tightly, "Just give me time, Dad..."

He nodded. His lips were a tight line. But there was a ray of hope in his eyes. He grabbed my hand and kissed the back of my palm.

"I'll see you soon, sweetie."

I nodded as I swallowed the lump down my throat. I knew that I couldn't form a word without cracking my voice. My eyes brimmed with tears.

He got up and without a second glance, walked out of the coffee place.

I rubbed the palm of my hand on my face as I blinked the tears away.

It was hard.

Still, I felt like I needed to tell him exactly how I felt. I wanted honesty; I needed to be honest, too.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw someone move around the coffee shop. I narrowed my eyes as I watched Sean playing around with a magazine on the farthest table on the room.  His eyes met mine for a fraction of a second before a cute blush appeared on his face.

Getting up, I walked to him as he fidgeted nervously with the magazine on his hands. He was wearing one of those weird white cables from one ear to the neck. A phone line or something.

"Hey" I smiled at him.

"Hi, Em."

"What are you doing here?" Was he around the whole time? I though embarrassed. I'm sure that I and my father was an entertaining thing to see...

"I came for a coffee" He said in that tone of voice that only needed the Duh at the end of the sentence.

"Oh yeah?" I narrowed my eyes at him, "so where is it?"

I noticed that his both hands were gripping the magazine and there was no sight of coffee or tea or anything related near him.

"I already drank it" he rolled his eyes. It was a funny thing to watch since he was a really build up guy, with strong chiseled features.

"Did you- did you see?" I asked embarrassed.

He nodded. "It was a good thing that you met your Father, Em."

I sighed and took a seat by him. "It was hard."

His strong hand engulfed mine, "but it was a start." He added smiling confidently.

"Yeah, I guess..." Slowly, a smile played on my lips, "I need to quit my job, though. And that is AWESOME."

Sean chuckled, "good for you, then."

His cellphone rang and he let go of my hand to answer it.

"Yes?" his voice was completely bodyguardly. If that makes any sense!

He stayed in silence for a few moments, before his eyes moved towards me, "she's right next to me...ok..." he grabbed the phone and handed it to me.

Curiously, I grabbed it and answered hesitantly, "yes?"

"Hey gorgeous" Scott's deep voice greeted me from the other line. A small blush played on my cheeks and I turned away from Sean obviously embarrassed.

"Hi."

"All right?"

"Uhmm...yeah...I got to meet my Father..."

"How did that work out?" he asked concerned.

My pulse was already speeding.

Ugh.

"Ok, I guess..."

Scott chuckled, "you are not really communicative over the phone, are you?"

My cheeks flushed even brighter. "No?"

Jeez...

How could I been completely focused and quite well composed with my Father, but the minute I hear Scott's voice my brain automatically shuts down?!

I could see him smirking with that sexy crookedly smile that I loved so much, "well, then, are you already planning it?"

My brows furrowed, "planning what?"

"Our first official date, of course!" He said mockingly.

I rolled my eyes. I knew he was teasing me for asking him out. Officially. "No, not yet...and if you keep it up, I might reconsider the whole thing!"

"Oh! And you are so in trouble for bursting out this morning like that with Kate!"

Scott's laugh reverberated on the other line, making me stupidly chuckle. "Sorry, the policy here in England is that once you ask the prince out, you are pretty much stuck with him!"

"And if I don't?"

"Then you are decapitated" he said blankly.

I chuckled, "in that case-"

"But" he added in a deep husky voice, "it's postponed after Saturday. We have Mark's party at the palace, and it's imperative that you come or I might be decapitated by him..."

"Oh, Ok." My eyes had already widened and my heart started pumping blood even faster by now.

"Is it ok?" he asked warily.

"Yes, of course! Why wouldn't it be?"

"I have to go, love. I'll call you later, ok?"

Love?

He called me love?!

"Yeah?" I wanted to slap at myself at my stupidest.

Scott chuckled. "I'm not sure if I like you better on the phone or on real life. At least I don't get slapped this way..."

"Don't count on that." I muttered.

"I'll call you later." He said completely amused.

After we hang up. My heart stammered so hard in my chest that I'm sure could be heard all over the room.

Oh. Shit.

A party at the Buckingham Palace.

What have I gotten myself into?!

___________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone!!!

Thank you for being so patient with me! I know it sucks to get a chapter every week and now after two weeks...but I can't promes that I'll update sooner than a week at least :)

The good thing it was a long chapter...no matter what you say...IT WAS -_-

Again...thank you for being the awesomest followers ever! Your votes and comments mean the world to me :)

THANK YOU :) I say it a lot but it doesn't feel like enough :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 65.1K 42
Mia Tyler has received the opportunity of a lifetime: to sing for thousands at The Royal Opera House. For a working girl from Queens, London has alwa...
2.7K 415 12
SEQUEL TO ROYALLY BUMPED || After a whirlwind of a year, Mila Abbott is finally enjoying her life as a princess and mother. As wife to the new first...
249K 9.6K 30
Until now, Princess Eva Windsor was content in knowing she wasn't remotely considered to be the successor to the throne. In fact, she was glad she wa...
33.5K 4K 17
❝ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ α΄›Κœα΄‡ α΄‹ΙͺΙ΄Ι’ α΄€Ι΄α΄… Ιͺ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ α΄›Κœα΄‡ α΄˜Κ€Ιͺɴᴄᴇ Ιͺα΄›'ꜱ α΄€ ΚŸα΄α΄ α΄‡ κœ±α΄›α΄Κ€Κ, ʙᴀʙʏ, α΄Šα΄œκœ±α΄› κœ±α΄€Κ, "Κα΄‡κœ±"❞ Once upon a time in a kingdom far away, there was a young handso...