【miss the mark】| Crosshair x...

defiantminstrel103 द्वारा

𝚌𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎. Rylann Tetra, Shaak Ti's padawan, is stationed on Kamino to her disl... अधिक

Intro
【miss the mark】
【Rylann】
【Crosshair】
01 | Temple Matters
02 | Into Kamino
03 | Guessing Games
04 | Hitting Walls
05 | Scheming
06 | Stunned
07 | Mindset
08 | Mindgames
09 | Carry the Weight
10 | The Medic
11 | Kitchen Plans
12 | The Collaboration of the Century
13 | The Master's Return
14 | Project Conduit
15 | Confrontation
16 | Planning and Schemes
17 | Surprises
18 | The Gift
19 | Omega
20 | Old Tally
21 | Hawk, Nova, Phoenix
22 | Premonition
23 | Doctor's Orders
24 | Teachers and Students
25 | Fight or Flight
26 | Flying Lessons
27 | Reannor City
28 | Gerasko
29 | Flighted Minds
30 | The Mission
31 | To Mandalore
32 | The Capital
33 | Technical Difficulties
34 | Wynn Avunn
35 | The Shot
36 | For What It's Worth
37 | Pros and Cons of Being Arrested
38 | Decisions
39 | The Fight
40 | Goodbyes
41 | Greetings
42 | The 501st
43 | Duty Calls
44 | New Students
45 | Distractions
46 | Mentors
47 | Lessons of Forms
48 | Inquiries
49 | Echoes of the Past
50 | Sil's Plan
51 | Unfinished Business
52 | Freeing
53 | Answers, But Not Really
54 | No Need To Ask
55 | Recollections of Old
56 | Answers, But Definitely More Confusing
57 | Worst-Case Scenario
58 | Encouragement
59 | The Reality of Losses
Author's Note
60 | Looking for Masters
61 | Only For You
62 | Rylann's First 79s Experience
63 | Get A Kriffing Coaster
64 | Oh, How The Tides Had Turned
65 | Then Do Something About It
66 | Trials
8 months later...
67 | Undercover Investigating
68 | How To Almost Die Three Times, A Crash Course With Rylann
69 | The Ultimate Payback
71 | Flying, Smelly Boots
72 | Tears or Rain. Maybe Both.
73 | Morut Base
74 | Stowaways and Stopping Pranks
75 | Home
Author's Note

70 | Talks of Proposals

282 15 63
defiantminstrel103 द्वारा

21 BBY, Month 8

The report meeting with the Council started at approximately 1700 hours. Rylann sat in the Conference room with Shaak Ti a few seats away. The holograms of the other council members sat in the seats around the table. She thought it was really stupid to have a room dedicated to replicating the Council. Just do a face-call or something. But the Council was extra, so everything they did would be, too. They even added extra chairs for all of the reporting Generals. Anakin's chair was empty at the moment, he was no doubt too busy to come on time. Note the sarcasm.

"Kenobi, are you ready for your report?" Windu asked, turning to Obi-Wan whose hologram sat across from Shaak Ti's seat.

"Yes," he said, running his hand through his hair. "We were able to stop the big attack, but one bomber slipped through and caused a leak within the Wall."

Yoda grunted. "Not good, that is." He looked over at Kenobi. "Toxic leaks, are there?"

"Our clones and scientists are on it as we speak," Obi-Wan replied.

Windu sighed. "Since General Skywalker is not here, we will switch to —"

"Sorry, I'm late," Anakin said as his form appeared in the seat across from Rylann. He sent her a wink in which she replied with an eye roll. "We are currently gathering supplies since we picked up one of Rylann's stragglers from a nearby system."

Joseta, Rylann thought, sending Anakin a nod. Joseta was making a delivery for her, but was sort of stuck on a planet and had to leave their cargo there. Rylann, too injured to go on the field, sent Anakin to help instead.

"Speaking of General Tetra, how are your special forces?" Windu asked, his dark eyes meeting hers.

She let out a breath. "Sergeant Pro'oz and her team intercepted a Death Watch delivery and instead took the cargo themselves. They are just waiting for the area to get free of Separatist hold before going back to get it." She paused, looking at her notes. "But, it looks like it isn't relenting, so they will be returning momentarily to grab the cargo they left on-world." Rylann cleared her throat.

"All of your other teams are on leave, correct?" Windu asked, looking at his own notes. "Now we can address Shaak Ti—"

"Actually, sir, sorry to interrupt, but I forgot to mention my own mission," Rylann said, letting out a shaky breath. She met Shaak Ti's eyes who nodded to her encouragingly. "My team and I were trying to see who Kli Pressler's contact was."

"Ah, yes, was it who we thought?" Windu asked, leaning forward.

She shook her head, averting her eyes. "It was a Sith."

"Dooku, was it?" Yoda asked, clasping his hands. "Ventress, perhaps?"

"It was Maul," she said, raising her eyes to meet Kenobi's.

Obi-Wan's eyes widened. "I'm sorry, Rylann, but I killed Maul on Naboo."

"I know it sounds laughable, but I tell the truth," Rylann said, placing her hands on top of her notes. "I almost died fighting him and who I presume is his brother."

Windu shook his head. "I'm sorry—"

"Please don't take this wrong, but I respectfully disagree." "How in the stars did two Zabrak fight with red lightsabers, use the Force, and then talk about Kenobi and Marssa."

Windu and Kenobi both flinched.

"What do you mean, Marssa?" Windu asked, furrowing his brows.

"He's looking for her," Rylann said, gulping. "He said that he was the one that turned her to the darkside."

Kenobi's hand rested on his chin in thought. "This is news indeed." He met her eyes. "Are you alright?"

She nodded. "I'll be fine. I pulled a tendon in my foot in the midst of escaping, but I'm alive." She paused, looking over at Windu. "I don't know why Maul was contacting Kli Pressler, a ship dealer, but I will keep an eye on it."

"Is there anything you need for assistance?" Plo Koon asked, clasping his hands in front of him. "I feel as if you have a request."

Rylann looked at her hands, picking at her fingers. "I was just curious if I could set up a base outside of Kamino." She looked up and could feel their confusion. "I know it's out of nowhere, but you can see on the notes that it takes too long for reinforcements to gather and meet their teams on Kamino, and room is running out on Tipoca City."

"What do you propose?"

Rylann forced her mind to drift away from a certain proposal, trying to focus on the present one. "I propose that I find a base in a system between Kamino and Corellia, but also be close enough to the action since I am in charge of the DeathWatch watch as you might call it." She clicked her tablet to show a hologram of Stewjon and Genetia. "These were the best options since both are in Republic Territory, but close enough to Mandalore and the Separatist Territories." She averted her eyes. "I know that Genetia might be off limits since I was born there and understand if it is tossed, but I wanted to provide more than one option."

Plo Koon looked over at Yoda. "We do not have the full alliance of the people on Stewjon yet, though on Genetia, they have previously let us take refuge on one of their moons."

Yoda nodded. "Good idea, that is." He met Rylann's eyes. "Proved yourself greatly, you have. Trust you, we do."

Guilt seeped into her gut. They trust her with being around her family, but don't trust her to make relationships? She sighed. "Thank you, Masters."

"We will send the resources shortly," Windu said, clenching his jaw. "Let us resume to Shaak Ti..."

And Rylann's mind drifted to Genetia. She hadn't been there since she was two—when the Jedi first took her. Would her parents still be alive? Would she have siblings? She then thought of having a life there with Crosshair. After the war or even now.

She pushed the thoughts down to hide her feelings from the meeting. But she'd need to talk to Anakin soon about all the steps it took to get married. She had no clue, but figured that Anakin would. Or at least, Padmé would.

【 ⌖ 】

Crosshair fiddled with the wire, biting his toothpick to relieve his stress. Who knew working with wires was so annoying. He didn't know how Wrecker and Tech could be patient enough to get all piddly with the preciseness.

He held the wire ring up, showing it to Tech. "Is this good?"

Tech looked up from his datapad, taking the small ring within his fingers. "Hmm..." He looked it over, flipping it over, examining it in detail. "It's not perfect."

Crosshair's heart dropped. He had spent the past three hours on this ring only for it to be not good enough? Crosshair tried to snatch it back, but Tech held onto it, holding it above his head.

"But—" Tech started, handing it back to him. "Rylann will love it."

It was simple. A copper wire in a circle with little leaves that matched her Genetian tree in her room. He had Tech help with the leaves, but he put it all together. He hoped that she liked it.

Speaking of, Rylann walked into the Batch's room, letting out a huge sigh as she plopped down on Crosshair's bunk. "Bro, those meetings take everything out of you."

Tech met Crosshair's eyes and just nodded as he stood up. "I bet it does," Tech said, looking at his datapad. "Would you look at the time! Wrecker wants to eat. Goodbye."

Rylann watched Tech's retreating figure before meeting Crosshair's eyes with a brow raised. "What is going on?"

Crosshair sighed. "Can't hide anything from you." He sat down beside her on the bed, taking her hand in his. He placed the ring in her extended palm, watching her face for a reaction.

Her eyes lit up as she pulled the ring close to her face to look it over, her grey eyes wide in interest. "Cross..." She looked at him, her hair falling in front of her face. "Did you make this?"

Crosshair nodded, clearing his throat. "Tech helped with the leave, but I did the—" He was interrupted by Rylann leaning in to kiss him. He chuckled against her lips, leaning deeper into the kiss before breaking away. He took her hand. "May I?"

She nodded, silent as she extended her hand. He slid the ring on her fingers, gently placing a kiss on her forehead. She looked up at him, a smile on her lips. "Thank you, my love."

"That's my line," he said, leaning in until their noses brushed.

Rylann chuckled, looking down at his lips. "Am I supposed to call you Snipes, Gramps, or Crossy when I want to kiss you?"

"How about not," he said, closing the distance between them.

They kissed for a moment but Rylann pulled away wrapping her arms around him. She leaned against his chest, sighing in contentment. "My love perfectly encapsulates how I feel about you."

"Then I shall accept it," he said, placing his chin on her head. "Now, let's eat. I'm craving soup."

Rylann chuckled as he took her arm to lead her to the door. "Definitely, Gramps, you soup-loving geriatric."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

801 33 8
Elara. The name implies joy and warmth. Such as how Elara Adora was seen when she lived with her mother before being forced to flee. Such as shown wh...
2.4K 181 15
Padawan Aesaedii "Saedii" Synn barely survived Order 66. At 15, she gained only a year of experience learning under Master Plo Koon before her Clone...
5.4K 171 26
When chaos finds Talia, a quiet farm girl with an unknown past, who better to turn to than the bad batch? Traveling the galaxy, and fighting for the...
The Shadow Liz द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

6K 312 20
"She's one clone, she can't be that much trouble." The recruit said harshly, and Crosshair pinned him with a stern look. "I trained her. Wherever yo...