Dark Moon [Complete]

By Kyords

Kyle is the Alpha of the White Shadow Pack. For years, he searched for his mate and never found her. When he... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 3

37.9K 1.2K 51
By Kyords

Carol prepared a bath with warm water in one of the bathrooms of the large house to clean Emily. She could see that her new daughter was a happy baby. All the time she was smiling at her. Carol thought about Emily's parents. What a terrible fate they had.

"Your parents were brave my little one. They fought bravely to protect you and I will make sure you know that some day." She said while grabbing a clean towel to wrap her. The men were in the living room waiting for them.

Carol looked around searching for something that could be used to dress Emily. She found nothing, so she asked Kyle if he had some shirt that he could spare. Kyle knocked on the door and, when she gave him permission to enter, Carol chuckled at the sight. He had one of his clean shirts on one hand and his eyes were completely closed.

"You know that you can open your eyes. I'm not naked." She said between giggles.

Kyle blushed lightly and cleared his throat.

"I know that you are not naked but Emily is and even she being my mate, it feels wrong to look at her when she is exposed. Take this, I hope it will suit her. You can tear the material if you need to." He said before rushing out to join his friends.

Carol made her best to cover Emily with the large material. She joined the men. It was obvious that they were nervous. Marc was looking outside the window with a deep frown covering his face, Luke was devouring his nails, something she got use to see along their life together. Kyle was pacing non stop. No one noticed her entering. She cleared her throat and all heads turned in her direction.

"I think we should go to the pack doctor." She said.
They all nodded in agreement.

"Shouldn't we fed her first? She must be hungry. I have some milk in the fridge." Kyle asked worried.

Carol laughed.

"Good thing you called me. You don't know nothing about babies. Kyle she is too young to drink the normal milk. We have to go first to Misty and ask if she has some special milk formula." She explained.

Kyle seemed embarrassed for not knowing something like that.

"Ok, let's go then." He said heading to the front door.

The pack little hospital was located near Kyle's house. They went walking since it was a short distance. It was important to know more about Emily such how many months did she have and if she was healthy.when they entered the building, a nurse appeared and went to call the doctor.

Misty, was a beautiful woman, tall with blonde hair and blue eyes. Carol and Misty were good friends since first grade.

"Something happened?" She asked ready to start working and looking at them to detect any injuries. Her eyes laid on Emily and she gasped.
Her face transformed from worry to surprise. A bright smile appeared on her face.

"What do we have here?" She asked, stepping closer.

Kyle could smell the maternal hormones that the two females were projecting. He felt then that he could trust Misty not to hurt Emily.

"She is new to our pack and we need you to check her to see if she is healthy and try to estimate how old she is." Luke explained.
Misty nodded, understanding.

"Ok. Carol follow me. You two wait here while I examine her." Misty said turning around.

Kyle was nervous. What if she was ill?
Luke gave him a reassuring nod and they sat in the white waiting room.

Misty took Emily from Carol and looked at her. After weighing the baby and taking a blood sample, she explored her to see if she had any injury.

"She seams healthy. I will know more when I analyze the blood but she seems a strong baby. And I think she is five months old. How did you find her?" Misty asked Carol.

"Apparently they were patrolling and a couple appeared with Emily. They were being pursuit by some rogues. They died and now I will be her new mommy." Carol said with sparkling eyes that show already a bit of love.

"Ok. Make sure she eats well and if you see she is getting ill, you come to me." The doctor said sternly.

"I can't wait to show her to Mathew. She is adorable." Carol whispered.

Misty gave Carol the milk formula, before going to tell the news.

Both women exited the room and joined the men in the waiting room.

After Misty informed them about Emily's state, they all relaxed.
Kyle rose and asked a question that was bothering him.

"Why her scent is so weak?" He asked.

"It's because she is too young. Her wolf is a baby too and with time it will get stronger." Misty explained.

"Oh..." Was all he could say. He was relieved that Emily was fine and would have caring parents to look after her. He knew it was the best he could do for her.

All three men accompanied Carol and Emily home. Carol had never seen them so protective toward a child. Of course they all were warriors and protected the pact but she felt like she was a movie star with her bodyguards. She looked at Emily.

"You are the star my little one, someday you will be our Luna." She whispered.

"Don't say that to her. I prefer if she grows up not knowing that I'm her mate. She deserves to have a normal childhood. And please, keep this whole situation a secret from others."

Carol nodded. She knew he would be a good mate for her daughter. He wasn't selfish and it was obvious he wanted the best for Emily.

Mathew was awake waiting patiently, in the living room, for his wife to return. He looked around their house and felt proud of what they had, a nice house with two stores with everything they needed inside and a boy that was their reason to live.
When the front door opened, he stood from the couch and headed to meet his mate.

"Carol babe, is everything alright?" He asked, concern lacing his voice.

Carol kissed him lightly on his cheek and smiled.

"Yes honey. Don't worry. I have to tell you something." She started.

"What?" He asked worried. He looked at her from head to toes and his eyes stoped in the white blanket in her arms.

"What is that?"

"Well, from now on we have a new daughter, Emily." She said showing him the baby. Emily was still awake but it seemed that she wanted to fall asleep very soon. Considering the night events, was a surprise she hadn't fall asleep yet.

His eyes almost popped out of his face. He saw the happiness radiating from his wife and looked again at Emily. A big smile reached his face.

"Hello Emily!" He said softly putting his small finger to her little hand. She grabbed it with force only a baby can do. He chuckled.

Kyle growled again. Matthew looked at him with one eyebrow lifted.

"It's the mate bond Matt. Don't mind our Alpha. He gets a bit edgy when someone touches her." Marc said.

Matthew opened his mouth in shock. How was that possible?

"Well Kyle, now I'm her daddy so put your possessive attitude behind your back." Matt knew that he should not talk like that to his Alpha but he knew too, that he had to prove to him that he would be strong enough to take care of Emily and protect her. Kyle's eyes were black but he didn't say a word.

"I think is time to prepare her food." Carol handed the formula to Matt and he disappeared into the kitchen.

They went to the living room and after Emily had her milk on her belly, Carol turned to the men.

"It was a long day and I think we all have to sleep." She said, signaling that it was time to return to the pack mansion. They all nodded and said goodnight. Kyle promised to return the following day to see how things were going.

Now he had to find out who the couple were. He knew he would have a lot of work if he wanted to find answers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 29.5K 31
Sadie O' Connell couldn't wait to meet her mate. She had always seen how her mother and father loved each other, which is something she couldn't wait...
516K 18.9K 38
{CURRENTLY EDITING (hopefully) ALL GRAMMATICAL ERRORS} Rosa Conner is from the Cresent Moon Pack is 16 years old and is childish in every way she lik...
24.7K 666 50
Kathy lost her mate of over seventeen years in a rogue attack. After two years she, her mother and son relocate to a new pack hoping for a fresh star...
857 20 19
Meet Kyler, Omega, Alpha's Mate and very weak in some eyes. Kyler will be carrying the Alpha's baby and their child be mates with the one they will...