Bully (Cara's Story/Liam Fanf...

By emberpayne

"Does she do that everyday?" he asked abruptly. My eyes widened but then I looked down, playing with my penc... More

I Just Haven't Met You Yet
It's Called Self-Defense
Surprises, Surprises.
Smile, Lovely. (The End)
Author's Note

Prologue (Meet the Bully)

1.1K 17 3
By emberpayne

I awoke to the sound of silence, and to the red glow of my alarm clock burned to the backs of my eyelids. It read 7:40. It took a moment for the numbers to register before I shot straight up in bed.

"Shit!" I exclaimed.

School started in ten minutes! I quickly swung my legs over the side of my bed, shivering as my feet made contact with the cold hardwood of my bedroom floor.

Flicking on my light, I stood and walked over to my dresser, grabbing some clothes and slipping them on.

Once I was sure I looked at least presentable I grabbed my bookbag and walked toward the front door, grabbing a granola bar along the way. As I walked along the sidewalk to the school, I kicked a rock, but soon lost it after a few steps.

The bell rang just as I was walking through the double doors of Wolverhampton High, as did the agonizing voice of my daily torturer.

"Hey Cara." I turned with a scowl to see Eve Mendell, a snotty brunette senior who'd started harping on me my first day in high school as a freshman.

Now I was a junior and she still chose to target me.

"What do you want, Eve." I practically growled. It was more of a statement than a question.

"Oh... nothing." she replied.

Her voice was practically dripping with venom.

"Just wanted to let you know you're late. Again. Wouldn't be a problem if you had a car." she finished, dangling the keys to her black camaro in my face before strutting away.

Glaring after her, I walked to my locker, opening it to throw in my bookbag and take out the books I needed for my first class. As soon as they were in my hands I all but sprinted down the hall, making it to Mrs. Burne's AP World History class only seconds before the second bell rang. The teacher gave me a look, but she said nothing.

I technically had made it to class on time, and I did considerably well in her class anyway. I plopped down in my seat next to my best friend, Laura.

"Hi Cara." she greeted me.

I gave her a little wave.

"Alright class, settle down." Mrs. Burne called out. "It's time for class to start."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 220 28
Some Chenford stories.
118K 17.6K 92
Short Story and Os book Cover credit: @sidnaaz_alaxy
12.2K 985 21
YUH EX MAN BRUK YUH HEART ND YUH NUH SEE HIM FI YEARS! JUS LEAN PON ME SHOULDER, MI EASE YUH TEARS🥹. NEW TO THIS WRITING THING SO BARE WITH ME🙏🏽�...
15.2K 464 34
here you will find a few of my ideas. Have fun :) -Angst + Character death (Chapter 1) -slownburn??? Idk/Mialotte (Chapter2) -family drama (Chapter 3...